[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a 1911...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
/k/ommandos, I come to thee seeking the guidance of the mon/k/s of the /k/ube.

I want to build a 1911, from an 80% frame. I have many parts already in, but seek the guidance of those who have trod before me on the path of gunsmithing.

Whats a good frame to get?
Steel or aluminum?

I will be making it in the traditional caliber of St. Browning.
>>
>>29410125
What parts have you got already, and what kind of machining tools/experience do you have?
>>
>>29410125
Steel. Aluminum is for DYEL faggots.
>>
caspian steel frame. Don't you dare do titanium, or the long dick of fretting will come and skull fuck you. Aluminum will be shit because it's aluminum; you either let it wear like crazy, or anodize it and turn it into a super-abrasive.
>>
>>29410212
Ive got trigger, 2 spring kits, 18.5# spring plunger tube, ejector, recoil spring cap and guide, mainspring housing, and full pin kit

I have little to no experience with machining, i have metal files of all sizes and coarsenesses
>>
>>29410301
You're going to need a drill press at minimum. I would honestly recommend taking a basic machining course at a community college before you try to do this.
>>
Worst idea.

wait till ur 21 kiddo
>>
>>29410405
Im a 30y/o EMT kiddo...
>>
>>29410396
I have a buddy down the road with a drill press, lathe and a whole lotta knowledge.
>>
The frames im looking at 'only need' decking, rails, sear and hammer holes, then choice of finish. I was really loong for manufacturer options and materials opinions...
>>
>>29410447
Aluminum is fine, maybe not if you're shooting thousands of +P but otherwise it'll hold up and is significantly lighter.

I've used both Stealth Arms and Tactical Machining and would recommend SA, the TM frame I got was unserviceable and a lot of people report problems
>>
>>29410472
Any reports on the 1911builders frames? Or range18?
>>
>>29410508
1911builders are much better than TM from what I hear, if you want steel I would suggest one of those. Don't know about range18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVwx3pTzLY
>>
>>29410576
Many thanks, /k/omrade
>>
ok OP this thread has a lot of poop in it. Here's how you build a off the books 1911 for around $500.

Step 1. A jig and frame. Here's a jig that requires no power tools so you don't need a drill press or mill. It comes with a frame too.https://www.stealtharms.net/1911-phantom-jig-320.html

Step 2. Get the other parts. You already have some parts so that's good. Now get the other stuff from here. http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/parts-kits.aspx

Step 3. Kill Nazis like grandpa did.
>>
>Netflix
>Underground Inc.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.