[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
45 degree Iron sights >Mall Ninja or actually useful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 293296_ts.jpg (66 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
293296_ts.jpg
66 KB, 1154x1154
45 degree Iron sights

>Mall Ninja or actually useful
>>
>>29406247
If you have a task that requires using both magnified optics and iron sights, they make sense, though I would just offset mount another optic.

Some three gun guys use them, but it seems more common at the lower levels.
>>
>>29406305
>Some three gun guys use them, but it seems more common at the lower levels.

As I understand, it depends on the competitive class. If they put a microdot on, it bumps them to the open class.
>>
>>29406247
>>Mall Ninja
>anything i don't use or can't find a use for is mall ninja
>>
I'm thinking about getting a flat top for my AR build and throwing mid power scope on it with a set of these it makes sense to me
>>
>>29406720
Same here. There are some interesting takes on the idea like the advantage tactical. Haven't looked in a while but it seems like ghost rings would play well too
>>
>>29406247
is it okay to co-witness rds with this tilt sights?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29406342
Pretty much this, one rifle optic only in tactical class. Two optics on your rifle puts you in open class, which also means full-on race pistols(compensators and optics), and speed loading devices, optics and compensators for your shotgun. To be competitive in open class requires a much bigger investment in guns and gear. Tactical class is where you can do well with mostly stock weapons. Pic related, my 3-gun AR.
>>
my sr-25 came stock with them I sighted them in and that is about it
>>
>>29406247
It is good if you find yourself in a situation that you require a magnified optic and close range in quick succession. Ultimately, you'd be better served just using a offset RDS.
>>
I tried, and did not like, offset irons.
There's no scenario in which I'd want to use irons over my optics. I'm actually faster up close with an acog. It's not to hard to shoot both eyes open with them. I keep irons on my rifle incase my optics fail, in which case the optic comes off the weapon. QD mounts are a lot of fun.
>>
File: B8AzduLCEAAajLT.jpg (25 KB, 599x434) Image search: [Google]
B8AzduLCEAAajLT.jpg
25 KB, 599x434
breddy gud on a FAMAS
>>
>>29408547
classic DICE
>>
Useful for 3gun and shenanigans.
Pointless but harmless for most other stuff.
>>
No one cares.
>>
I know this may sound dumb, but bear with me

As a left hander, not a lot of options for left handed offset irons. If I went with right handed offset irons, and sighted them in to be dead on elevation wise at 25/200 and just left the windage zero ~1" left so I am also not dealing with adjusting for a changing zero based on windage as well....

Any reason to not do this? Don't even have to rotate that rifle, just sort of adjust cheek weld a bit
>>
they are useful if ya got a scope
>>
>>29410054
Literally just flip them around.
>>
>>29407956

competition seems like the only practical use for something like this

otherwise you could just get a raised mount or an optic that isn't so restrictive
>>
>>29406247
I bought em because they were $12 so fuck it
>>
>>29408547
I admire how thoroughly they modeled it. However it has no practical usability. I just wish the gameplay was more than mediocre.
>>
Sometimes the lens of optics can fog up and offset irons can offer an expedient alternative.
>>
Jerry Miculek uses them unironically, he uses a red dot on a 45 degree. Keeps his 1-6x variable optic at 6x. He seems to shoot his AR canted by using his red dot most of the time
>>
>mall ninja
When will this meme die you fucking hipsters?
You're all so anti everything that you're the most ultimate hipsters, maximum proto hipsters. You're anti anti. You even hate yourselves.
>>
For low power optics it's not really necessary for a combative purpose. If you had higher mag optics (thinking more like 6x) then perhaps it would be better option, as would a microdot or mini reflex as all are faster than readjusting the optic. For very close range you can somewhat fudge it without a sight at all with the rifle canted, situation permitting.
For competition where more minute accuracy is needed it makes great sense. You are less concerned about mucking about with more gear on the rifle, tenths of a second count, and you may be restricted by competition requirements.

They serve a purpose, but for the average rifle its a little limited. To each their own.
>>
>>29406358
>assbusted fatty who doesn't want anybody questioning his ridiculous assortment of non-operator class equipment
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.