[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck buys these as a civilian? Why would you want to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: greenberet01.jpg (22 KB, 515x210) Image search: [Google]
greenberet01.jpg
22 KB, 515x210
Who the fuck buys these as a civilian? Why would you want to?

>Going with friend out because he wants to shop for a balaclava
>Go to store that sells military surplus
>Looking at balaclavas
>Turn around
>See a row of army berets
>No patches on them, but what they are is obvious
>Green, black, and red for SF, old-school Rangers, and Airborne respectively
>I'm in shock
>Who the fuck would buy this shit if they weren't actually in any of these units
>Costume? Doesn't seem likely.
>Who would want to wear accolades they hadn't earned?
>Why would someone want to wear a realistic beret?
>Stolen valor? That can't actually produce a big enough market for shops to sell this stuff, can it?
>Leave confused as fuck
>>
For collecting and display are you retarded?
>>
>>29403796
Ever stop to think some people might collect them?
>>
Wile you have a valid point, who the fuck cares you turbo-autist sperglord.
>>
>>29403796
I saw a hipster clerk in a St. Vincent's wearing one of those doofy enlisted berets the army just dumped flash and all.
I asked him if he knew where it was from or what the patch meant and he said he had no idea. It was just an item that came into the store.
>>
Was it near a military base? Sometimes surplus stores are cheaper than on post.
>>
>>29403796
Well, my girl wore a raspberry beret. The kind you buy at a second hand store. And if it was warm, she wouldn't wear much more.
>>
Does anyone here actually like berets? I think they look like shit.
>>
>>29403894

Prince this is your boss Mr. McGee. Get the fuck back to work.
>>
>>29403810
>>29403811
Literally this, but the collectors themselves are usually stunted autists less than one step from going full stolen valor.
>>
>>29403810
/thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.