[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is H&K the Apple of the arms industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: Heckler and Koch.png (150 KB, 474x387) Image search: [Google]
Heckler and Koch.png
150 KB, 474x387
Is H&K the Apple of the arms industry?
>>
>>29403673
Some people would argue that kimber is
>design none of their own firearms
>all their firearms are based off of old technologies
>focuses on looking pretty and not necessarily being the best
>>
>>29403700
Yeah nailed it. Polished turd is still a turd, fuck kimber
>>
>>29403673
I'd say Century.
>>
>>29403673
Nah. That would imply widespread availability at an increased price point despite having no advantage over its competitors.

HKs are not widely available (long guns, at least), so they can't meet this criteria. Not to mention the price of their handguns, which are widely available, are similar to their competitors.

The fan base is definitely as obnoxious though.
>>
>>29403673
No that's Glock.
>preach perfection
>deliver mid quality product
>>
>>29403700
Kimber isn't popular enough. Maybe 1911s as a whole.
>>
>>29403714

>Glock 19
>Mid quality product

wew
>>
>>29403714
You forgot that they're overpriced. Also,

>survive on reputation and ignorance

>>29403738
They function. They are not fancy or nice, but they're well made and they work. That's practically the definition of a mid tier product
>>
>>29403713
HKs are widely available and used among military and law enforcement. Obviously, you peasants don't even count as part of the "real" gun market.
>>
>>29403738

>wew

nice meme, retard. Go die.
>>
>>29403761
Apple's main consumer is the civilian market. It's logical to assume OP meant the civilian gun market.

Also, HK is really hurting for contracts right now. Most of the rifles they've developed in the past 30 years have slowly moved out of use by large militaries or weren't adapted at all. They're basically counting on Germany adopting the HK416 and HK417 after the bullshit G36 melting scandal to survive as a company at this point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvPoncNYF5g
>>
>>29403673
Whats wrong with Macintosh? It been the only computer that hasn't crapped out on me after 5 years
>>
>>29403673
I'd say ARs. Along with their obnoxious fanboys and noguns followers
>>
>>29404113
They are garbage for power users and just generally computers oriented at baby boomers and dumb artsy types
>>
>>29403700
This. HK makes arguably the best polymer guns on the market (the Glock competes based on its price of entry), they were pushing new ideas and methods before others even knew of them.

Kimber on the other hand is pure overrated garbage. Expensive pieces of basic shit that people only buy because they see other people with them and are mentally deficient.
>>
>>29403712
century sells cheap shit. some of it is good some of it is bad

HOW IS THAT APPLE
>>
>>29404113
I know this isn't /b/ but.... bait?
>>
>>29404113
That's disconcerting. Apple computers are good for people too lazy or dumb to know about and take care of computers. Back in the day there were some very useful mac only programs that necessitated their use professionally by certain folks in fields like graphic design and architecture, but not these days. Now it's just for dummies with more money than sense.
>>
>>29403853
>he doesn't appreciate memes
Ur a big guy...
>>
>>29404113
If you have an IQ over 80 you can fix a computer
>>
>>29404147
>>29404185
>>29404210
Why buy something to fix it later if you can just buy something that never breaks.

I like the OS better too its got free software updates, its more aesthetics (aesthetics are way more important to me than functionality) its more fluid and user friendly. Stay buttmad poorfags.
>>
>>29404466
You are missing the point. A computer should not just break on you. It seems you are at the intelligence threshold where buying an apple desktop makes sense.

I have been using the same components for years and years without a hiccup, mostly because I'm not retarded and understand how to keep an OS/HDD in good working order with basic maintenance.
>>
>>29404491
Reusing computer components? Why would you do that when you could just buy a new one?
>>
>>29404508
You really are fucking retarded. Where did I make a single mention of reuse? I have been using the SAME components in the SAME computer for MANY YEARS, meaning they do not break.

Let me guess, you had some cheap ass budget windows computer you loaded down with copious amounts of stupid software and malware, never defragged and never bothered learning to use.

You then bought a much more expensive apple computer and were amazed how it works better.

$2000 of windows desktop will be a fuck load more powerful and capable than $2000 of apple desktop.
>>
>>29403673
CZ or FN.
>>
>>29404546
Sounds like your just too poor to afford a new computer to me.
>>
>>29404575
You are terrible at trolling, it has been obvious bait for a couple posts as you attempt to act you were only pretending to be retarded, but kill yourself all the same.
>>
>>29404557
>FN

No.

More like Sig.
>>
>>29404585
Never change 4chanon, never change ;)
>>
>>29404202
4 who?
>>
>>29404546
don't feed the trolls
>>
>>29404604
They aren't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>29403673
and to answer OPs question it would have to be a completely overpriced gun that provides minimal value.

Case in point
>>
File: b29.jpg (78 KB, 680x1058) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
78 KB, 680x1058
>>29404630
the best thing about tripfags is they super easy to filter.
>>
File: 1384619188302.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1384619188302.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>29404466
>aesthetics are way more important to me than functionality
>>
>>29404604
Yeah Sig is pretty Apple tier.
>>
>>29403729
Nice b8 dude.
>>
>>29404795
>salient arms
>not a giant crock of shit

alos

>taking the bait
>hurr u dumb nd wuz just playin it off as trollin
>>
>>29404829

that is what HK buyers actually believe though

they're like the Yung Lean fans of guns
>>
>>29403738
Because the 19 is the new IT gun. The one for popular kids to have. When you hear teens who know nothing about guns absolutely brag on the merits of the 19 over all other guns you know it's a passing fancy. Its merely a meh pistol. Not great and not shitty. Kinda like modern restaurants that make bland good so the largest amount of people will be repeat customers. No strong tastes so the least amount of people will be turned off by something they serve.
>>
File: ktplr16-2.jpg (98 KB, 640x423) Image search: [Google]
ktplr16-2.jpg
98 KB, 640x423
Is kel-tec the Android of the arms industry?

>Disgusting, hacked-together shit for poorfags with massive inconsistencies between products
>But damned if they aren't trying to push wacky ideas and gimmicks to the market
>>
File: 1453848921179.jpg (98 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1453848921179.jpg
98 KB, 600x580
>>29404185
>take care of computers
>AKA gotta trim my gaming PC's winrot, god that makes me such an operator
>>
/k/ommando who is also an IT network admin here. I have to manage a small number of iMac clients and a few Macbooks. Apple products explained-
>grossly overpriced
>don't invent anything new, just makes it look like they do (ie iPod, iPad, iPhone)
>proprietary parts
>design priorities focus on appearance rather than performance or quality

Now apply those points to the firearms world. It can't be HK. They make some top-shelf guns and nobody thinks the USP was designed to look cool.

It's gotta be Kimber. Overpriced, old designs with aesthetics as a design priority in order to sucker the unwashed masses. First post was best post.
>>
>>29403700
I disagree. Apple products are reliable and they actually have good hardware inside of them, albeit overpriced. They're well made. Not cutting edge, but not lagware either.

Kimber is unreliable and made like shit. I say this owning a Kimber 1911 and posting from an apple device.
>>
>>29407752
Bullshit. Most of Apples logicboards are made by Foxxconn and their HDDs are Seagate/WD/Maxtor which are just as prone to failure as any other PC. Apple computers are no more "well made" than any other mainstream PC.
>>
more like heckler and cock lmao
>>
>>29407752
Yeah, I got to agree with you despite how much I hate Apple. That said I had a piece of shit eMachines that outlived a Macbook, and I even got that little tower to somehow run Skyrim after giving it a quad core and cramming in a GTX550. I was sad because it was choppy but then I was told it was just shit optimization lol
>>
>>29407286

You are a dickhead and also wrong my main memer
>>
>>29407854
Found the G19 owner.
>>
>>29403738
Don't understand why people hate on glock, I hated them until I actually bought one. It seems to be the hate is more directed at the tacticool types who espouse glock perfection
>>
>>29404604
The MCX is pretty unique.
>>
>>29407991
Agreed. Glocks are reliable and affordable guns.

Their fanboys are cancer.
>>
>>29403673
There really isn't any true apple of the arms industry. It'd be
>Overpriced for what it is
>Pretends to be innovative but uses old technology.
>Casuals love them
>Average quality
Yeah, Kimber and Sig fit the bill pretty well.
>>
>>29404466
>>29404508
>>29404575
You are either hipster tier shit troll, flamboyantly retarded. In either case you should an hero out of shame.

>>29407809
Foxconn assembles circuit boards for damn near the entire market.
On the topic of Apple computers they stopped using PowerPC cores a good while ago ahd have been using the same x86 and x64 hardware that every other PC uses. Apple generally over charges for their product which will suffer from planned obsolescence, just like their shitty phones and mp3 players. And don't get me started on the horrors of actually working on one with all the fucking proprietary screwheads.
>>
>>29407991
glocks are reliable. i just hated the grip angle on it.
didnt feel right, Thats why im aiming for a cz75. Feels like sex in my hands
>>
>>29408266
Yeah I don't get the glock hype, I guess they make good carry guns for the price and are pretty light.

I got my 75B for $510 and its the best purchase I've made. I prefer the full steel service pistols but the thing is built like a tank, I've put 600 rounds through it without cleaning it and I'm still getting inch groups at 25 yards.
>>
>>29408084
As someone who actually talks to engineers at multiple OEMs for mobile devices like phones and laptops, you're talking out of your ass.

High DPI laptop displays were not a thing until Apple made them one. Neither were Alu unibodies. No one gave a shit about trackpads until Apple made them care. Same goes for PCIe SSDs and smaller formfactors like M.2.

This isn't even getting into phones and tablets where Apple completely changed the industry in a way that we probably won't see for another 5 years.
>>
>People call the Glock 19 a commonplace Lowest Common Denominator gun
>This is exactly what it is
>Glock owers flip shit
>>
>>29403700
/thread
>>
>>29407991
It's not necessarily hate for glock, but they do not deserve the praise they receive for being an average pistol. It's just that, a moderately priced and average pistol with no flair or extra features. A little over priced if you ask me.
>>
>>29410957
What kind of flare or extra features would you like in a glock?
>>
>>29411915
>flair*
>>
>>29409491
You're actually talking out your ass.'

Apple did not invent a high DPI display, nor did they popularize it. Everyone else had high DPI monitors, but they didn't have "retina" displays which are the same thing but sold by apply.

Aluminum unibodies are objectively inferior to magnesium frame laptops and apple puts shitty giant trackpads that get in the way on all their laptops. Apple made both of those things market standard and they both suck. I wish it would stop.

Apple in no way, shape or form introduced or popularized SSDs. Every company making high end laptops had SSDs as a factory option before Apple did.

With tablets and phones, Apple's only contribution was popularizing smartphones and tablets. They didn't actually produce a better device until much later. The modern Apple phone is pretty good, but the original didn't compare to things like the Symbian phones.

If your engineer buddies work at Acer then I understand, but Acer doesn't produce laptops that could ever compete in the market of professional laptops.
>>
>>29408084
>Apple generally over charges for their product which will suffer from planned obsolescence
are we talking PC/Laptops>? Most Mac users I know are on something like a 5yr cycle or longer, because all they use it for is email, facebook and youtube. Mac users don't really use PCs to their full potential. They also wouldn't have the money for a new one every 2 since they need to by new phones and watches every year.

also
>>29403673
glock is the apple of handguns. Whorver makes the most ARs is it for longguns.
>>
What even was the point of making two different computer architectures so that some programs would only work on one and not the other?
>>
>>29413327
capitalism
>>
>>29413360
capitalism should have had the opposite effect though, i mean it would be like if someone decided to make a proprietary brand of 5.56mm ammo that would only work in a proprietary gun.
>>
File: Neat.png (340 KB, 584x329) Image search: [Google]
Neat.png
340 KB, 584x329
>/k/ sperging over computer stuff.

I'm enjoying this more than I should.
>>
>>29407752
this, most of the apple hate comes from android fanboys (and pretty much every one i met has been a beta neckbeard) who pretty much just make up shit to try and hate on "le mainstream" product
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.