[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Californiafag here. I'm in the market for a new 9mm and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: worthless-mother.jpg (58 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
worthless-mother.jpg
58 KB, 600x465
Californiafag here. I'm in the market for a new 9mm and the local gun shop has:

Glocks (gen 3)
M&P
XD-2
SP2022

I like both sa/da and striker and am leaning towards the sig. I know the Glock is not any different than every other one in the US (barring 10rnd mag), but afaik the others are CA models. Should any of these be avoided?
>>
Get a Glock 26

10 round flush fit mag. Good concealable.
>>
File: IMAG2537.jpg (452 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2537.jpg
452 KB, 1520x2688
>>29400845
619 here.
About a month ago I grabbed pic related. It's big enough to be comfortable to shoot, small enough to conceal, proven, relatively cheap (I qualify for blue label, so under 500 NIB), reliable, blah blah blah...
And when I do leave Cali I can just upgrade mags to regular or 17s (even 33 rounders) for more firepower
>>
>>29401047
LEO?
>>
>>29401047
How do you ccw in CA?
>>
>>29400865
Too tiny, don't like the feel of it. Also no reason to worry about concealability since I'll never be able to ccw in CA anyway.
>>
>>29401184
>since I'll never be able to ccw in CA anyway.
which county? There's actually counties where they do give out permits.
>>
>>29401151
No. Military (Marine)... Hence, me leaving Cali eventually.
>>29401167
It depends, I know here in SD County it's more likely to get struck by lightning while making out with Scarlett Johanson than it is to get approved for a CCL. But in other counties, it isn't hard at all. I have buds in Riverside where they got permits with no issues.
>>
>>29401364
Ever heard of anyone in Alameda county (Bay Area) getting one?
>>
>>29401417
Bay Area is pretty nightmarish for approval.

I have read from a few people on here who have carried with no permit in CA. Pretty sure you'll be in a world of hurt if you got caught, but I'm guessing as long as you don't do stupid shit or have horrible judgement calls, be black, and conceal well, you're not going to get caught.
>>
>>29401047
Question, if you are limited to 10 round mags why not carry a single stack?
>>
>>29400845
Yes, avoid living in cali.

You can delete this worthless thread now.
>>
File: California_CCW_Issuance_Map.png (47 KB, 530x596) Image search: [Google]
California_CCW_Issuance_Map.png
47 KB, 530x596
>>29401417
>>
>>29401633

>Stanislaus is shall-issue

Fuck yeah.
>>
>>29401599
You can only buy from FFL, the handguns approved off the list of CA's DOJ handgun roster, because fuck us, right?
All newer handguns are out. And guns are dropping the list every year.
The only gun I can think of the top of my head of a singlestack AND on the roster is the M&P shield.
And I don't know if they do it for all their shields, but the CA version has a fucking ugly chamber indicator that pops up the top.

Also, I'm 100% going to move in the future. So the moment I leave, I buy all the normal capacity mags.
>>
>>29400845
Glock 19 or 17, can't go wrong.
The only m&p still available new is the shield
>>
>>29401633
>The areas with most crime are all no-issue.

What are the odds?
>>
>>29401673
to add:

You can private transfer in state, although it'll have to be in front of an FFL.
That said, good luck finding an off-roster gun, and the most likely 3x price on it. Don't even get me started if you break the gun and have to send it out of state and end up needing to receive a replacement.
>>
>>29401706
http://abc7news.com/news/sf-tourist-robbed-stabbed-in-head-in-critical-condition/1208429/

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/03/25/reward-offered-after-tourist-stabbed-in-san-francisco-robbery-dies/
>>
>>29401728
they're both 2 different incidents, by the way.
>>
>>29401167
Live in Shasta Tehama Yuba or Sacramento counties then its easy
>>
>>29400845
>M&P
Which kind? Be advised they're slowly falling off roster because S&W refuses to update reg on anything. The CA models with the LCI and mag disconnect have been having issues.
>XD
Some people like them but the high bore axis is meh IMO. Wouldn't recommend it over a Glock.
>SP2022
Had one but couldn't get over the massive decocker because I shoot thumb by thumb. YMMV on this. If you like it, might as well get it. Gun itself worked fine, but the one I had didn't have a mag disconnect so it might have not been a CA model (internal extractor version).
>3rd gen Glocks
Genuinely can't go wrong. It is different in that it's not a 4th gen but IMO 3rd gens are better anyway.
>>
File: 1458854204771.png (58 KB, 381x332) Image search: [Google]
1458854204771.png
58 KB, 381x332
>>29401728
>>29401706

>mfw visiting SF last year
>turned off Market onto Grove, looking for something to eat
>suddenly poor black people everywhere
>keep going for a few minutes anyway
In retrospect this was a very poor decision. Fortunately nothing happened.
>>
>>29400845
So many nasty niggers in one picture
>>
>>29404584
The worst area in the city (tenderloin) is literally steps away from one of the most popular areas for tourists. Turn off of market and you'll immediately find yourself in the slums. Can't say that here, though, correct term is culturally enriched).
>>
>>29405571

Yeah, of course at the time I had forgotten (and clearly still do forget) that I was walking into Tenderloin. Happy that I went unstabbed.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.