[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you were kids, how were your parents when it came to guns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
When you were kids, how were your parents when it came to guns?

> Read articles on gun control as a kid
> Tell my liberal father that full auto is illegal or something
> His face turns red and he raises his hand
> I say sorry, and never get to use an airsoft or nerf gun until i'm 15

Fucking anti gun people
>>
>>29399527
my family is southern as fuck and both my parents were cops. they used to leave their duty belts on the kitchen counter and let me finger fuck their guns all the time.

t b q h famalam i think antigunners should be castrated.
>>
My dad was cool but not all about it. Gave me my first .22 when I was 10 and a nugget when I was 12. My mom was Korean so she was kinda spooped but didnt really give a fuck and thought my guns later in life looked 'pretty'.
>>
>>29399527
I never knew we had a gun until one night I was in my parents bedroom and saw my dad had a shotgun in his closet. He never mentioned it, or showed it to me, or anything like that. I never saw it again after that.

He taught me to shoot bb and pellet guns, and those guns became a big part of my youth. I shot many thousands of bb's, and became a pretty good shot. I knew all the rules of shooting, and didn't even know that my dad had taught me all of it without ever shooting a real gun.

I realize now that he'd probably been suffering depression and PTSD (vietnam), so he got rid of the guns. Probably was a good idea since depression runs kinda heavy in my immediate family.

Anyway, he seemed pretty interested when I got my first gun, and he seems pretty happy that I got one (I go camping a lot and they worry).

They're pretty pro-gun. My mom's even been talking about getting one.
>>
>>29401726
>thought my guns later in life looked 'pretty'
>you'll never have a korean mom think your tacticool funs look "pretty"
>>
My dad kept all of his guns are his parent's house when I was a kid except for his 1911, which he kept well out of reach and hidden. When I was 10, my uncle gave me a Savage MKII for Christmas and I became really interested in guns. Went out shooting with my father for the first time when I was 14, then didn't go again until I bought an AR at 19 and went to the range myself.

All-in-all, my parents were pro-gun, but not actually into them. My dad came from a very very fuddish backround and did tons of shooting/hunting when he was a kid, but wasn't too enthusiastic to teach me to shoot. To this day I can't figure out why, considering he still goes on, "The people need to be armed! Gun control is evil!" rants but refuses to go to the range when I invite him. Part of me thinks it's his poor vision. Last time he held up my AR, he looked down the iron sights and said, "Ah... I can't see shit anymore."

My mother is also very pro-gun and actually has gone to the range with me more than my father.
>anon takes his mom to the range
She won't go unless it's with me, and I want to make sure she's proficient with her CCW. I was pretty proud of her the first time I took her out. I set up pop cans at 15 yards, and she hit every one with her CCW first try.

Both of them encouraged and let me play airsoft and paintball as a kid. They even bought us realistic toy guns before I was old enough to play with airosft and paintball guns.

So here's the tl;dr
>my parents were pro-gun idealogicaly, but weren't really into firearms personally
>>
>>29399527
>mom was stereotypical antigunz Jewish mother
>dad kept his grandfather's old .22 rifle in the closet but never got to shoot it once
>after they divorced he took me shooting all the time
>>
>>29399527
>Mom was a complete anti-gun bitch
>Dad liked guns up until he shot a bird and felt bad for it and didnt want to own them anymore

well at least my uncle liked guns i guess.
>>
Dad hunts and enjoys shooting has a decent assortment of guns (m1 garand , m1 carbine , a few rem 870s , assortment of hunting rifles , ruger blackhawk , S&W .22 j frame snub noes )
Mom is indifferent about guns .
Grew up shooting, playing airsoft , paintball , and hunting .
>>
My dad always had several guns, notably a Marlin Model 60, Marlin .30-.30 lever action, and an 870, but never showed much interest in guns after I was born.
>Bought a nugget when I was 15, Bought an SKS the year after, then built an AR
>Show all of them to dad
>He was hooked on the nugget, couldn't get over the resounding BOOM and the simplicity, so I bought him a T53, and he gave me the 870 and the .30-.30, soon is getting a CCL and plans to carry a G19 or a M&P 40
>Mother is indifferent about them, but beat my ass when she found out I had a loaded nugget next to my bed. Didn't let me have loaded guns in the house.
>>
>>29399527

Dad was SF, left when I was young because my mama wouldn't live that life again (he'd just EAS'd from Navy before re-up). Pretty sure he abused all of us.

All I had left of him was the occasional bit of info.

Lived on a cattle farm with my grandpa who is half cattleman, half mountain man type dude and a 30 year vet.

He got me shooting and killing by age four.

Moved in with my stepdad, he had 56 guns at one point and was a prepper.

I got basically free rein of the farm and whatever guns. Had like six of my own by age 16. He did stuff like that to balance out being an insane, abusive, druggie.

Got a lot of weird memories.

Most weekends I would just grab a gun and my grandfather would come and get me.

I got to shoot hundreds of thousands of rounds in my childhood and kill hundreds of things.

Ended up enlisting after failing to adjust to normal life after leaving the home.

Last time I was on leave, taught my little sister (mom separated from stepdad and now I'm her father figure) how to shoot on the .22lr my grandfather taught me on with my grandfather watching from the porch and also on my first .410 and my .32 S&W long revolver.

Just like me as a kid, she uses shooting and hobbies to escape the weirdness in her life.

It's a bittersweet feel.
>>
>>29399527
Dumb pseudointellectual homeopath antis, typical 60s/70s bullshit. Typical NJ republicans, anti-gun and think they're special.
>>
>>29401822
>>mom was stereotypical antigunz Jewish mother
Boy do I know that feel.

My dad shot and hunted when he was a kid, but stopped when he went to college. My granddad died and the guns got sold off before I got into them.
>tfw didn't inherit grandpa's Garand
>>
>>29399527
My mom fucking hates guns, in addition she thinks that selfe defence should be kept in minimum, because the government has your back, or some stupid shit like that. My dad on the other hand is much more of a liberal rational (true liberal, not that fake leftist bunch) so he thinks that an individual should have as much freedom and liberty as possible, including self defense. he is bot crazy about guns, but he sees the need of pistols for self defense.
>>
>>29399527
My mom hated guns. When her grandmother died and she inherited a mohawk 48 that my great grandfather had bought a few decades earlier. My dad wasn't as opposed to guns, and he had to convince her to let it in the house. That sparked his interest and he now owns a few different pistols (S&W .357 mag, Glock 21, Sig P238) as well as a .22lr MP5 clone.
>>
>>29399527
>grandpa and 2 uncles hunt
>grandpa taught me how to shoot trap and bought me my first .12 guage so i could join the highschool team
>mom puts me and brother in scouts
>mom learns to shoot and gets pretty good
>dad and i go shoot pistols from time to time
aside from one aunt I'm pretty sure that everyone is pro-gun or ambivalent.
>>
I was technically a kid until 2 months ago so not much has changed. Both of my parents are Pro-Gun,(mom is a Obummer is takin ar guns type) but I am much more enthusiastic about them than they are.
>earliest memories are sitting on Dads lap pulling the trigger on handguns that he held and aimed (~4 yrs old)
>red Ryder around 8/9 dad built me a range in the back yard
>go shooting 2/3 times a year when family visits or 4th of July
>Mom loves guns, her side is way more into guns than my dads (more later)
>Dad likes guns, has a couple shotguns and pistols, doesn't clean them, just shoots them every once in a while and puts them away
>be 12, grandpa gives me an Ar-7 really sparks my interest
>start spending every Sunday there in his office
>fingerfuck all of his guns, read old gun magazines and gun books he has
>get a Mosin for Xmas in 7th grade
>football, pizza and guns for 2 years
>one afternoon, I walk in to find all of his guns laid across the kitchen table, he tells me to look at them very carefully because they will be mine when I am old enough
>grandpa dies from COPD, the last 6 months were terrible, he got very bitter. He got tired of dragging an oxygen tank to the range with me. I suspect it also embarrassed him quite a bit.
>grandpa left you everything that was in his office Anon
>buggedouteyes.jpg
I inherited 15 guns+safe, 7k rounds of ammo in various ammo cans, and a shit ton of accessories/cases. He is really the main reason I'm into guns and hunting now. He bought me a lifetime NRA membership right after I was born. If I had been born 10-15 years earlier, we would've been able to go on a ton of hunting trips, he tried taking my cousin on them but my Aunt was (disowned) a whiny bitch.
My dad bought me 2 rifles and a pistol with my money before I turned 18. Now I have a part time job with the only thing I plan on spending money on is guns and ammo.
>>
>>29399527
>dad grew up on ranch in Wyoming so always had lever funs
>mom was fbi so she loved handguns
>when mom was preggo with me she went to the range
>both parents and I have ccw
>go to range with parents
>stupid bitch Lil sister is kind of anti, thinks we don't need them
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.