[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm Scandinavian, and for obvious reasons I want a home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
I'm Scandinavian, and for obvious reasons I want a home defense weapon. Now, sadly I only have a license for bladed weapons. I'm looking for a weapon that is intimidating, the kind that would deter any intruders who are only armed with knives or sun themselves, since I don't want to kill anyone. What would look best in the hands of any big, burly Scandinavian? A sword? Axe? Ideas, please.
>>
>>29398757
Knives or such*
>>
>>29398757
Are you a big guy?
>>
>>29398769
For you
>>
>>29398769
6'2 240lb sc/out/ and /k/ommando.
>>
A Somalian cock

Get a sword that you like and pick up hema so you don't look like a sperg. Rapier and longsword are good. Maybe even a spear or halberd if you want a silly story. Albion is generally regarded as some of the best quality swords snd del tin ain't bad

Can't you get a tazer or stun gun?
>>
>>29398797
Nope, both are illegal. I'll definitely pick up HEMA. I've looked at the Hanwei Hand and a Half sword, which has great reviews.
>>
File: quran2-e1440149691156.jpg (71 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
quran2-e1440149691156.jpg
71 KB, 640x370
>>29398757
>obvious reasons I want a home defense weapon
Sadly I know exactly what those reasons are

tfw German
>>
Short gladius style sword if you intend to use it inside a normal home. The muslims will probably have aks tho
>>
>>29398757
>since I don't want to kill anyone
A bladed weapon will kill easily if you use it, you're pretty much counting on them to run away then.
>>29398811
Longsword could be too long for a close hallway or something like that. Sword and Shield/Buckler seem better.
>>
>>29398757
>I'm Scandinavian, and for obvious reasons I want a home defense weapon. Now, sadly I only have a license for bladed weapons.
doing Europe proud friend
>>
Also yurope here but I don't give a fuck about not harming anyone. In fact I'll gladly slice up some mudslime cunts.

Would an 18'' machete be good for keeping them at bay if they have knives? I could carry this in my backpack
>>
>I'm Scandinavian

Apparently a second Kalmar union re-unified the Scandinavian countries into a single entity earlier today.

> Now, sadly I only have a license for bladed weapons.

You need a license for that? Where the fuck do you live?

> What would look best in the hands of any big, burly Scandinavian?

A pill bottle. Go see your local psychatrist about it ASAP.
>>
File: 1454210868318.jpg (137 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
1454210868318.jpg
137 KB, 680x459
>>29398757
>Now, sadly I only have a license for bladed weapons.
>license for bladed weapons.
>>
>>29398757
Get a spear and read the Eddas
>>
>>29398757
Axe handle for a couple of bucks does the job most of the time if it comes to dealing out a severe beating.
Big multi (5-6) D cell maglights are also wonders for breaking people's will to fuck around after a few slaps with it. Plus they also double as a torch!
>>
File: sock a few dingers.gif (2 MB, 479x353) Image search: [Google]
sock a few dingers.gif
2 MB, 479x353
>>29398757
Get yourself a metal baseball bat. If Abu Ahmed al Fatah tries breaking into your house, show him a swing that would make DiMaggio proud.
>>
>>29398757
A danish longaxe.
It honours your heritage and it goes well with your beard.
>>
File: Nord_Encounter (1).png (610 KB, 673x648) Image search: [Google]
Nord_Encounter (1).png
610 KB, 673x648
>>29398757
go full viking and buy legit reenactment gear so when you kill an intruder for odin you can play it off as a hobby and not premeditated.
>>
File: 1457794478988.jpg (8 KB, 270x257) Image search: [Google]
1457794478988.jpg
8 KB, 270x257
>>29398757
>lisence for bladed weapons
Wut?
>>
>>29398757
I'd go with an arming sword and a shield that you can move around in your home with.
>>
File: 1385809067967.jpg (130 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1385809067967.jpg
130 KB, 1000x1000
>a license for bladed weapons
>>
>>29399217
Also a gambeson would be something that would keep you from being stabbed. It's basically a padded linen jacket. Might as well get a kettle helm too.
>>
>>29399109
>>29399174
>>29399227
Cant be Norway, never heard of it here. If it is Norway, then I'm ashamed
>>
>>29399227
In Denmark you need a license for blades above 12 cm.
>>
>>29398757
>license for bladed weapons

Good lord
>>
>>29399246
Does it apply to machetes, though?

I know in Australia (when I was a teenager, laws might've changed), you had to be 16 to buy pocket knives, but because a machete was not considered a knife, but a tool like a hammer or a screwdriver, you could buy them at any age.

>one time when I was about 15, I got the bright idea to carry around a folding pruning saw, but that's a different matter
>>
File: 1453846263355.jpg (14 KB, 207x212) Image search: [Google]
1453846263355.jpg
14 KB, 207x212
>>29399246
mfw I have knives in my kitchen right now I'd need a license for.
>>
>>29398757
>I can't get guns
>I have to have a license for bladed weapons
>I don't want to kill anyone

How much estrogen are they really pumping into your food/water, Sven?
>>
>>29398815
>Sadly I know exactly what those reasons are
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>29398757
> I only have a license for bladed weapons
Good on you for getting one, but holy shit that sounds like a fucking nightmare.
Anyway, a good Dane axe like you posted would likely do the trick, no one wants to get hit with a fucking Dane axe, and when they see one they'll be definitely shitting themselves over it.
but if we were discussing terms of practical home defense, a spear would preform better.
Only problem is spears a much more underwhelming than Dane axes, and technically you can thrust with a Dane axe, just not as effectively as a spear.
And you always have the option of hooking limbs as long as the axe head has a proper beard.
Thrusting a person in the chest with the tip of your axe head and then hooking their ankle will allow you the opportunity to bring down the fire wood chop if you needed to straight up kill a dude, but also, the wounds sustained between those two corresponding attacks, thrust and hook, would likely leave the adversary alive if you let him get up and flee.
A straight thrust from a Dane Axe will only penetrate a couple inches, especially if he's wearing a leather jacket or something like that.
You could even round off the tip if you rally wanted to, but a good thrust and hook will pretty much disable anyone, as long as you pack a punch into the thrust, and really drag your body weight backwards with the hook.
It could be easily done in a home environment, hallways, kitchen, etc, it would establish that you have the range advantage, and you'd have that opportunity to fire wood chop the fucker in the god damned chest if need be.
>>
>>29399100
Yes it would work, thicker machete work better on flesh and bone
>>
>>29399353
I was thinking more that would it be good for the actual fighting part. As in if fighting fuckers with small knives would I be able to keep them away from me with it?
>>
>>29398757
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Forgebreaker

>Thread.
>>
>>29399360
Yeah, machetes are pretty scary. If you wear baggy pants, you can wrap the machete in newspaper and tie it to your leg underneath your pants. Some guys I used to know did that.
>>
>>29399290
Yeah, the Danes really are that terrified.

Not that there are any Muslims to speak of in Denmark, so even if they were hardcore ISIS suicide commandos to a man it would be a pretty marginal problem. But xenophobia is seldom a matter of being rational.
>>
>>29399377
That would be pretty awkward to walk around with so I'd rather just keep it in my backpack
>>
>>29399360

Yes, you don't need any fancy moves either, just keep swinging and they won't close in, keep chopping an x pattern in front of you
>>
>>29399382
>Not that there are any Muslims to speak of in Denmark
A gunman fired on a Jewish centre just last year...
>>
>>29399393
Should 2mm be thick enough?
>>
>>29399417

It would work but thicker is better, thin machete don't chop as deep because the flex on impact but even the thinnest machete would cut to the bone

Plus its going to be mostly about intimidation anyway, don't pull the machete if you aren't willing to use it, if someone sees that you will hesitate to hit someone with it they will get bold, you need to look like a mad man capable of anything
>>
>>29399445
That won't be an issue because I'm not Swedish
>>
>>29398757
>License for bladed weapons
I'm sorry you live in a communist shithole anon
>>
Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfkx4FD4zk
>>
Are crossbows legal where you live? I built one out of a bike frame.
>>
>>29402396

Who's the cuck?
>>
You can aquire all the tools you need in Russia. Why do you feel as if everything you do is monitored and controlled?
>>
>>29399100
Get a framing hammer instead. No one will ever question why you carry it, whereas a machete in backpack could be consider concealed weapon.
>>
>>29398757
In general, not a good idea to wield a weapon against an opponent you are not willing to kill.
>>
>>29399445
Funny. I use machetes in S FL for yard work. Let's work this out.

As a weapon, would want to make a couple changes. I would want to sharpen the back 2-3" of blade and create a sharp tip for stabbing or cutting the other direction. I'd want a hand guard or cross bar in case I needed to deflect a blow down the blade.
>>
War hammer.

It can crush plate, it can crush men. Nothing can withstand the hammer.
>>
>>29404181
Who cares? It's concealed. Nobody is gonna go rummaging through my backpack.
>>
File: 88CS_m.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
88CS_m.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>29398757
cutlass or a trench knife. both were designed for unskilled fighters dishing out damage in cramped situations.
>>
>>29404316
I'm not gonna be fucking dueling people with machetes. What do you think a fight with one would be like?
>>
>bladed weapons
>license

You should just kill yourself
>>
>>29398757
For fucks sake. It is your home, and your life you are defending. Use whatever works best. The first thing you will need is a pair of balls. "dont want to kill anyone" I don't "want" to kill anyone. But, if they are crazy enough to break into my home. I will use the best thing available to stop them. If they die that is their problem.

At 6'4" and 240lbs you should be scary enough on your own. Why would you care what you look like?

For weapon advice? I suggest a spear. The longest thing you can handle. Don't freak out and be a hema fag when you pick one. You aren't fighting in a mosh pit with swords and maces flying all over the place. Get wood like a normal person. The speed is going to out weigh, the durability of a metal shaft. Unless, you really forsee someone breaking in who has the skills, tools and room to use something to break the shaft of your spear.

Make a simple plan. Create a choke point. Door way/hallway then shank the fuck out of everything that enters that space. Don't pull some cuck plan nonsense, and try to cut their face a little bit to scare them. Ram that shit through their chest. Ribs and all, yank it back through and continue opening holes in their torso until they expire.
>>
>>29399067
>what is halfswording
>>
File: totally plausible.jpg (3 MB, 2343x2094) Image search: [Google]
totally plausible.jpg
3 MB, 2343x2094
>>29399067
>>29404539
Screw off the pommel and end him rightly
>>
>>29404411
Double dubs don't lie. Effective in close quarters and hardly requires any initial know how to use effectively. Train with it a little and you should be golden.

Say you got it because you love naval history and I'm sure no one would bat an eye at seeing it in your home.
>>
>>29404581
Oh you...
Speaking of which, I'd like to expend my arsenal to include historic weaponry such as swords, polearms, and bows. I went to watch a joust on Friday and it just pushed me ever closer to blowing a load of money on Medieval weaponry.
>>
>>29399382
God damn, this.

Lets say there were a million migrants, divided amoungst a dozen countries. That's still only a drop in the bucket of the population.

The real red pill is realizing /pol/ is full of fucking drama queens, who may be right part of the time, but are still completely hysterical.

So here is my advice, OP. Realize that essentially Europe let a bunch of homeless people in. Be careful around homeless people, but try not to judge them unduly.

Get an axe or sword whatever really if you want, intimidation is a big factor. You probably won't even need to swing it if you even need to use it at all, and have a cell phone with you at all times.

Don't let the nazifurs turn you into something fucking terrible, but don't be a dumb idealist either. Don't be heartless, don't be brainless.
>>
File: 1457517942001.jpg (46 KB, 1087x600) Image search: [Google]
1457517942001.jpg
46 KB, 1087x600
>>29398757
RELEASE THE KRAKAN!
>>
File: 1458936055295.jpg (122 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1458936055295.jpg
122 KB, 900x675
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.