[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasons to Join a PMC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: PMC.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
PMC.jpg
115 KB, 1200x675
What are the pros and cons to joining a PMC?
Which ones are the best?
Which ones are the worst?
Should I join a PMC over the Military?
>>
Pros
Money
Cons
Equipment, protection, I think CAS
>>
>>29397484
Join the Military gain Exp learn common lingo/have an idea of what the hell you are doing then if you want to play PMC go for it.
>>
>>29397484
If you're asking on /k/, you are not PMC material.
>>
>>29397484
PMCs are pretty much exclusively ex military. You can't just join one without qualifications.
>>
>should I join a PMC
>over the military

are you implying you have an option between the two? maybe I am misunderstanding. you don't just sign up at blackwater and get picked up. Most PMC are ex-SF with combat experience, not even high threat law enforcement gets in most the time unless you have connections. Thats the other thing about PMCs, its all about who you know/served with and those kinds of relationships are built (usually) through service.
>>
>>29397669
Yep.
Military then PMC, if at all.
Any PMC that will take non-military isn't worth joining
>>
>>29397484
good luck, theypay for shit nowadays.
>>
File: 1453856132383.png (8 KB, 461x436) Image search: [Google]
1453856132383.png
8 KB, 461x436
>>29397484
As the great Groucho Marx said
"i wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"

Go into Infantry, Then SOF, then maybe you could get employed by a company and paid that's worth a damn.
>>
>>29397916
Based on this thread I bet you will be branded the village idiot and barred from anything resembling Elite.
>>
>>29397484

Pros: not being in the military

Cons: work with a bunch of roided up alcoholics where yeager level of competance is the norm rather than the exception.

Also. VIP protection for PMCs tends towards USO celebrities and people who THINK theyre important enough for a security detail.

Since all the people who actually need one are protected by the Secret Service and actual military.
>>
Ok /k/, not OP but I know the pros and cons of being inna PMC. What would be the pros and cons of saying going full on soldier of fortune,going into Africa and taking down corrupt gov.'s??
>>
>>29398018

Pros: having a time machine to go back to the 1980s

Con: using your time machine to go back AFRICA before complete understanding of AIDS awareness
>>
File: mischief in mariupol.jpg (41 KB, 284x362) Image search: [Google]
mischief in mariupol.jpg
41 KB, 284x362
>>29398152
>>
>>29398152
Pros: ...shoot rusted old guns for free?

Cons: Creating power vacuums that allow even worse Mugabes and Amins to take control, AIDs, UN, getting shot in the back by a 10 tear old malnourished black kid or trampled by an elephant, eventual war crimes trial, etc.
>>
>>29397696
soon
>>
File: SavingPrivateColion.webm (3 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
SavingPrivateColion.webm
3 MB, 848x480
>>29398196
>rusted old guns
>implying they were rusted and old back then

NiB full auto battle rifles. In the 80s, no less. Against Africans, no less.
>>
File: 1458636447642.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1458636447642.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>29397484
>Pros
Money and networking
>Cons
Depending on what you do it depends. I worked in reconnaissance so I had to work with spooks.
>>
>>29397916
>Go into Infantry, Then SOF

Am I missing something? Everyone on this board talks about getting into SOF like it's a given. I've always had the impression that it's one of the most difficult things you can do in the military?

That said, you probably do need special forces experience to get into a decent PMC, so it's not like you have a choice.
>>
>>29399250
>Am I missing something? Everyone on this board talks about getting into SOF like it's a given.
It is. Nobody is saying its easy, but it isn't 2004 anymore; the time of beat cops going over to Iraq and operating for 500 a day is long over. If you even want a foot in the door at any reputable firm, you need a resume that's glows.
>>
>>29399288
>the time of beat cops going over to Iraq and operating for 500 a day
w-what was it like anon?
>>
>>29399298
imagine the current cop situation in the US
>shooting dogs because reason
>shooting black because why the fuck not
>emptying mags on one single guy because you can
>yelling at everything and everywhere because you can
>being a dick because you can

now you put all of that in some sort of military institute and you place it in the middle east

except the occasional experimented ex-SOF/army/marines/whatever there was a lot of bullshit
>>
>>29399318
Does SF still apply for the average infantry grunt with 1 or 2 deployments? I want to get into maritime security.
>>
>>29399318
Jesus that's intense.
>>
>>29399362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCONEdFgWo

Shit yeah it was. If you've got 85 minutes to spare, this is good shit.
>>
>>29399346
if you got at least 5 years of service done you should be in the green for MSO, you still need to complete the required training and qualification
>>
>>29397484
Pros- money
Cons- much more dangerous and not having the resources of an actual military force.
Almost all pmc groups take only ex military. Though some will take civilians for non combat roles and will also hire ex police (mainly swat)
>>
>>29399288
When I say "like it's a given" I don't mean that it's a defacto prerequisite for getting into a PMC, I mean people talk about passing SOF selection as though it's almost certain they will. This strikes me as being a poor attitude to have.
>>
>>29397484

is there anyway to join as a civilian with no training? would they do a contract - schooling deal like with a CDL?

>company brings you on
>trains you for free
>room and board
>but you're locked in contract with them for x years and minimal pay in retrun

I'd be down for that. would love to get into something like maritime security or anything really. I don't have the money for schooling/training
>>
>>29400902
What are you saying, you are interpreting that all wrong. Its just advice obviously theyre not going to go into detail. SOF is pretty much a pre-req to get into any shooter position in an PMC.
>>
>>29401134
see >>29397655 and >>29397691
>>
>>29401194

>i don't know so I'm going to be a dick

go home.
>>
>>29397484
Worked with PMCs before (I used to be a contractor too, as in "truck driver" kind of contractor).

They're a bunch of assholes. Shit jokes, bigots, would kill animals just for shit and giggles (I bet they'd do the same to people too if there's nobody watching) . Even the regular guys wouldn't eat with them
>>
File: 1449037033105.jpg (158 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449037033105.jpg
158 KB, 770x1000
>>29401204
actually you should get the fuck out. If you have no fucking use or skills then why would a PMC waste their money on you?
>>
>>29401204
Hes right though. If you have no skills and the only people you have to turn to for advice is an anime imageboard, you are not what they are looking for. Especially when the market is saturated with unemployed 11Bs.
>>
>>29401231

>no use
>no skills

those are some interesting assumptions.

>get the fuck out
nicememm8/10
>>
itt: i want 2 do kewl army stuff but i dnt want 2 wake up early
>>
>>29401134
>would they do a contract - schooling

Yeah it's called joining the military
>>
>>29401253

I have skills, practice, fitness, knowledge, etc. I just don't have anything on paper that proves it. I just assumed that, like in nearly every other career field, aptitude and train-ability would be a major hiring consideration for some firms. Hiring on a high aptitude employee with zero eperience, then training them into a locked contract is VERY common among many business types, and is beneficial for both company and employee. company gets cheap, effective labor, employee gets free training and experience loaded onto the resume.

it's not at all ridiculous to think the same may apply to this field. the military takes on people with zero experience, based on aptitude. I would assume that there at least a few PMCs with a similar recruiting method.

>anime imageboard

and? you're here too. so are PMC guys, tons of military personnel.... it really doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>29401257
You said no training. Therefore, you have no skills they would be interested in. Even if you took the best possible commercial tactical classes, that still says nothing of how you will respond when the chips really go down. Because of this, you are a risk (that is to say, you are an unknown quantity) and they wont bother.
>>
>>29401257
go read his post again. He states right there that he has no training.
>>
>>29401266
desu senpai, that is me irl. I'd rather be cop in LA and have all the eye candy women than be on a base that is a sausage fest.

am i wrong? (honestly discuss with me)
>>
>>29401257
>those are some interesting assumptions.

>>29401134
>as a civilian with no training

Well don't you look stupid
>>
>>29401300
>I have skills, practice, fitness, knowledge, etc.

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but hanging around on 4chan and shooting as a hobby doesn't count.
>>
>>29401300
bro, PMC's dont have the kind of money like they use to to take someone with no training and train them :/
>>
>>29401300
>it's not at all ridiculous to think the same may apply to this field. the military takes on people with zero experience, based on aptitude. I would assume that there at least a few PMCs with a similar recruiting method.

Why the fuck would they waste time and money training people when there are more experienced former servicemen than they know what to do with?
>>
>>29401300
I don't think you understand just how competitive the field is. Why would a PMC opt for what are essentially paid apprenticeships, when there are all sorts of SOF on tap, pre-trained and able to demonstrate competence with prior operational performance? Have you heard of the concept of "no degree, no interview" for corporate jobs? Its the same thing.
>>
>>29401300
Lets pick a typical PMC at random and see what they require for their personnel, huh?

http://www.pslmaritime.com/careers.php

>Minimum of 4 years' service in the Royal Marines or UKSFSG
>STCW95 Maritime training
>ISPS SSO qualification
>ENG1 medical
>CRB check
>Seaman's book and card
>Documentation of appropriate theatre specific vaccinations
>Military service discharge papers
>Written testimonial from a previous senior officer
>Passport valid for at least 12 months with adequate blank space for visas
>Proof of successful completion (within the last 12 months) of the Shooting Training Solutions course

You know why PMC's get the big bucks and the cushy postings? Because you're being paid for your qualifications and your experience.
>>
>>29401300
Ok so as someone who has been a PMC and not military and who does frequent an anime image board in inclined to post. There are exactly 3 ways to get on with a PMC without mulitary experience.

One, an armed conflict with Bush level spending is going on. Roles vary and you may or may not be armed. This is how I got on, basically they needed people so bad qualifications didnt matter. This is null and void for the forceable future.

Two, previous law enforcement experience. Not renta cop, though I knew some that just had VIP protection experience.

Three, EMT/ paramedic training. May or may not be armed, probably the cheapest and fastest way to get on. It will definetly help if you have certs from a decent firearms training school. Classes like foreign weapons familiarity, basic and advanced rifle and pistol.

There you have it, thats it. Do not pass go, do not get on with PMC with no training.
>>
>>29399250
It isn't. Infantrymen with combat experience can do static shit and the like it at least gets them in the door
>>
>>29401446
I've seen a few PMC's who were police doing a lot of training
>>
>>29401463
Yeah I have too, though they werent well equiped mentally for the job. After a few months they usually quit if the were out in the populace. And for some reason everyone still had that "holier than thou ima cop" attitude even though they could barely do the job.
>>
>>29401463
probably with a shit company who noone contracts to. Or back in 2003 when anyone even with a couple of firearms classes could get hired. Look up DeathValleyMagazine. That guy only had shooting classes and he made it with blackwater. After what blackwater did no one hire now for ANY shooter job without atleast being SOF
>>
>>29401484
>After what blackwater did no one hire now for ANY shooter job without atleast being SOF
shit people with shit experience * meant to add that
>>
>>29401484
>DeathValleyMagazine
Thoughts on James Price? I used to follow that page.
>>
>>29397484
>Should I join a PMC over the Military?
You'll never get hired without mil experience
>>
>>29397484
You need to join the Military first, and you have to actually do a fucking good job. Also, PMCs are kind of shit apart from the money, you're a glorified security guard/instructor, but with higher pay and civilians will think you're literally satan.
>>
>>29401605
>civilians will think you're literally satan.

Implying that isn't the best part.
>>
>>29401320
no just dont pretend otherwise
>>
>>29397484

So, /k/, if I were wrapping up 6 years of military service, triple MOS qualified, with an Intel studies degree and a couple of good civillian certs that are shooting/eme emergency related would there be any good jobs out there selling these skills other than LE?
>>
>>29402135
>6 years
>3 mos

wtf
>>
>>29402165

One reclass and one secondary.

I get bored pretty easily.
>>
>>29401562
hes just a dude that thinks he knows everything after being a PMC. Honestly i dont have an opinion on him
>>
>>29399204
source ? movie or serie ?
>>
This isn't 2003, fuckwit. You have to be a real deal operator to even be considered these days.
>>
>>29402135
Walmart always needs stockers.
>>
>>29402373

So I'm basically gonna be LE or bust?

Border Patrol, here I come.
>>
>>29402386
They're not hiring.
>>
>>29402431

Maybe slots will open up? I could grab a game warden job somewhere.

I will not work city if I can help it.
>>
>>29402452
I've been trying to do the same, no luck over the past few months. Good luck man.
>>
>>29402431
Oh, they will be. You'll see.
>>
>>29402310
strike back...tv show
>>
>>29402459

Thanks. You, too. Snag a good gig.
>>
File: USParkPolice.jpg (43 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
USParkPolice.jpg
43 KB, 640x426
>>29402386
Try US Park Police
>>
>>29402829

How's the pay?
>>
>>29397484
>Should I join a PMC over the Military?

No one is going to hire you if you have no military or (extensive) law enforcement experience.
>>
>>29397683
>maybe I am misunderstanding. you don't just sign up at blackwater and get picked up.

You used to be able to pay for the WPS course, but it was like $20,000 or something.

And they hired non WPS guys to drive trucks (not just BW, but also KBR et al), electricians, masons, carpenters etc. at one time.

>Most PMC are ex-SF with combat experience, not even high threat law enforcement gets in most the time unless you have connections.

Not necessarily. It depends on the type of job. There are many contractors who work in supply/logistics, intel, static security (you don't even need combat arms experience for this), and other non WPS jobs.

Also there are plenty of positions that are specifically law enforcement advisors and trainers that look for LEOs.
>>
>>29401300
>I have skills, practice, fitness, knowledge, etc. I just don't have anything on paper that proves it.

Which means you have no credibility.

Which is what these anons are trying to tell you.
>>
>>29401266
Well, I DO want to do kewl military stuff, and I DON'T want to wake up early.
>>
>>29402135
>Intel studies degree

From where?

If it's from Cochise you'll have to be more specific about which one it is.

Even then it's not worth jack shit because it's an AAS. You need to use your Chapter 33 dick cheese.
>>
>>29402484
CantStumpTrump
>>
MFW. Leave to Boot Camp soon.
Have a family member who works for what is "blackwater" now.
He hires people.....
Im set
>>
>>29403971
go play airsoft then kiddo
>>
>>29405135
inb4 entry level separated at boot camp and working at McDonald's for the rest of your life
>>
>>29399379
>FREEEEEEEEDOOOMMMMM
>not 177.6 radio
>>
https://theintercept.com/2016/03/24/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-under-federal-investigation/
>>
>>29402829
>park police

Jesus, you burgers need police for everything
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.