[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my lifeline Am 5'1, female, carry this in my purse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: p1010001.jpg_thumbnail03.jpg (390 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
p1010001.jpg_thumbnail03.jpg
390 KB, 800x600
Rate my lifeline
Am 5'1, female, carry this in my purse with a speedloader and hollow points
Yes I'm trained with lightweight snubs
>>
>revolver

Enjoy your high muzzle axis, low capacity, and inferior trigger.
>>
This is almost what my fiance has. She has the 4" model 10. Great trigger and she shoots pretty well with it. With the right loads 38spcl is nothing to laugh at
>>
Can you deep throat and are you sub 120lbs? If not you're retarded.

Congratulations on having a firearm though. Check out the rule of three and practice pulling that thing out of your purse while your guy friends rush up to you full stride and try to rape you.
>>
>>29393095
70's detective/10
>>
>>29393108
It's called bore axis.

Not everyone who shoots wants to leave behind bullet casings you fucking new fag.
>>
>>29393095
That is a supremely good choice for a carry weapon. Whoever convinced you to buy that was well informed.
>>
>>29393108
You sound dumb
>>29393133
I'm 90 pounds
>>29393133
Not sure if the rush thing is just typical bullshit or you're being serious
I carry an 11 inch bowie under my arm though with a sling and I've had training with it
>>29393158
I inherited it

Also, forgot to mention in OP,

>general self defense carry thread
>>
>>29393108
>inferior trigger
But the trigger on mine is fucking spectacular
>>29393131
What loads do you recommend my friend?
>>
>>29393108
>implying people shouldn't carry what they're comfortable with and shoot well with
>implying modern subcompact autoloaders don't have the same round count as revolvers, if not just one or two extra
>implying I wouldn't rather have a well-made DA trigger over a shitty SA
>Implying you aren't a butthurt ass-clown who probably has never shot a decent revolver in your life

Looks good OP. I have a Glock 43 for myself but I'd honestly love to have a good old snubby S&W in my rotation. I'm no woman, but personally I'm iffy about having my weapon off of my body. I know it's tougher for women since they usually wear tighter clothes or have different frames than men, but I just feel like it raises too many question marks as to if you'd get separated from your purse or if it takes too long to root around in there and find it.

Unless it's in a specific pocket or secured somehow, then that's a little bit better. But hey, you can't beat a good old S&W
>>
>>29393182
>11" bowie

Whaaat. Like, every day? Do you live in Alaska?
>>
>>29393238
Good point about purses
Sometimes I carry it in my jeans, I wear baggier ones specifically for that
The hammer does snag on occasion and I AM interested in a hammerless/one of those with a very minute hammer, but this is what I have right now
I got it from my father

The first time I shot an autoloader, it was a Davis p380, and I wasn't told by the person letting me shoot it that it was a literal 15 dollar nigger gun that's liable to the slide actually exploding. Am kind of afraid of autoloaders now.
>>29393258
No but I've had some shitty experiences, and the whole
>whipping it out
>21 foot rule thing
Kind of convinced me I should have something other than a gun to rely on

Can't be too safe, right?
I've been trained with knives at classes and my husband is into old manuscripts about daggers and shit. So I feel like I'm pretty capable with one. Most people who carry knives and try to rob others also tend to use shitty pocket knives or worse, kitchen knives
At least I have an actual weapon and can use it more or less
>>
>>29393182
More about the Bowie please
>>
>>29393290
Well, I don't dress like most sluts. Literally, pajamas, a loose, slightly oversized coat, and a custom (baldric? holster? whatever) sling for the knife. It fits my profile pretty well since I don't wear tight clothes.
Like I said in above post, I know how to use it and I've been taught by people in the military ect specifically with dagger sized knives

I have a friend into
>HEMA
too, and I actually learned a LOT from their club and some old manuscripts from 1400ish.
Binds, grips, form, and, believe it or not, how to defend (block) shit like sticks and bats.

I was attacked before and nearly killed in the city so I take my protection VERY seriously.

I am learning how to handle my snub left handed in case I ever need to use my right hand for the knife or it gets fucked up. I'm only trained with a knife with my right hand but I'm getting into learning ambidexterity.

Will answer any questions not about
>hurr tits
Or bullshit revolver shaming

I REALLY would like to get a 9mm pocket Ruger but ehhhh. Not able to atm.
>>
>>29393290
>>29393258
I should mention 11 might be a bit big for me since I'm tiny, but 11 inches is the maximum blade length for a proper bowie. And I'm actually really comfortable with it, I feel like being small and frail is already a disadvantage so I was eager to use the biggest things that pack the biggest punch I could comfortably use.

It took a while to get used to an aluminum snub in .38spec but it was worth it.
>>
>>29393289
I'm not giving you shit on it, if you're comfortable with what you have and you train with it, then I honestly think it's the best thing regardless of if it's a knife or revolver or autoloader. Good on you
>>
>>29393382
being physically weak may mean a smaller knife is better. A heavier one will tire you out faster. And from what I can gather knife fights are more about stabbing then slashing. If you want class get a Fairbanks-sykes(or what ever their name is) style knife. Though a big Bowie probably has more intimidation factor.
>>
>>29393414
Thank you /k/omrade
Did not mean you but the retard bitching about revolvers and potential retards
>>29393419
I love the FS knife but I feel it is less versatile. It's a specialized thrusting weapon, and a bowie can cut, thrust, and a big one like mine can be braced against the wrist to pretty much deflect things like sticks or bats.
It gets tiring, yes, but I feel like I've gotten used to it.

>knife fights are more about stabbing than slashing
Depends on context really. Most criminals in knife crime are untrained, and use kitchen knives or knives that aren't actual weapons. They also can't use them properly. An untrained loser with a box cutter, kitchen knife or pocket knife will at best, cut the wrist of the trained person up a bit. While the trained person will probably stab them while getting a hold on the knife arm at the same time.

The classes I took also taught me grappling (knife seizing in this context)

If you know what to do, even a tiny bitch like me can break a guys elbow. Also yeah, big ass knife is intimidating. Even more so in proper stance.

I should add that most dagger style knives, be them thrust only or cut and thrust were mainly used in the icepick grip.
>>
OP sounds like wife material, I like your style
>>
>>29393095

>purse

Off the body carry is awful

Please carry properly
>>
>>29393419
Should also point out the FS knife was designed for a very very specific context. Primarily an assassination weapon more than a fighting one, despite fighting knife being in the name a lot. A bowie offers more options, and the FS knife was meant to be used with a very specific grip, and it was meant to have a very specific balance meant for the 'sabre/fingertip grip'. Later models that modified the grip material and blade fullers were said to fuck with the balance a lot.

>>29393571
Read my post about carrying it in my jeans buddy
>>
>>29393095
I'm confirm, do want advice or are you here to brag, because the latter seems to be the case.

For one, don't purse carry, off body carry is the fucking worst, it's fuck all slow, you can get hung up in your purse, have it knocked away. Or more likely, get into legal trouble for forgetting it somewhere.

Secondly, ditch the bowie, I used to carry a 13" RTAK everywhere, they're comforting, but unless you're a biker and do some weird off the grid shit for a living it's impractical. Secondly, you're legally commuiting suicide, if you ever defend yourself, they'll parade that shit around the court room then crucify you with it.

The pistol itself is a bad idea, In don't care of you're agent 47 with it, statistically speaking you can only take down 1 and 1/2 attackers if you hit every shot, which you won't, and I doubt very much you could reload in a meaningful amount of time in a fight.

Get an auto, a good .380 with the highest magazine count you can afford in a simple package, is better, that detective special will also be used against you in a court, trying to make you out as some wannabe Indiana Jones or gumshoe.
>>
>>29393153
Thorougly clean your bullets before shooting, edgelord
>>
>>29393095
Good luck being 5'1. I could literally burp 20 feet away from you and blow you over
>>
>>29393590
90lb soaking wetanon, when you carry in your jeans are you using a pocket holster? If not please do, the inside of your pocket can exert enough force on the trigger to set it off bare.
Baggy jeans would be a good use for an inside the wasteband holster as well, i carry a uc lite on my waist, and a revolver that size wont bother you iwb much if you're slim built.
>>
>>29393714
Oh yeah, and since you already walk around with a shoulder holster for your knife, add a revolver shoulder holster to the mix
>>
>>29393095
>purse

Full retard
>>
>>29393095
Get a bra holster for it. Or shoulder or ankle.
>>
>spurred hammer
>purse carry

You are asking to be molested.
>>
File: EDC.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>29393358
Not that OP is still here, but if you're not opposed to Ruger auto loaders, then you can probably get an LCP in .380 for just over $200 now. I'm not a huge guy (5'6" 140 lbs) and even when wearing fairly tight jeans, it just looks like I've got a medium sized phone in my right pocket.
>>
>purse carry .38 snubnose
>5'1
>11 inch bowie
>Ive learned knife combat from manuscripts

Please tell me this is fucking bait.
>>
>>29393095
6/10

Personal preference, I prefer a nice slim autoloader; better capacity, easier reloads. I think theyre more comfortable to carry than revolvers but that's my preference.

Nevertheless revolvers are fine, but I would get something a little more modern; something with a lightweight frame and an internal or filed down hammer thats less likely to snag.

As for that 15 dollar Saturday night special, a good quality autoloader has a very low chance of kaboom, so don't be afraid to try one. Just so you know, revolvers have kb'd as well. It can happen with any gun, but only with shit or overpowered ammo, or a really shitty gun.

Purse is more comfortable, I get it, but really, stop doing it. Any attacker is usually going to go for your purse immediately, and thus, your gun inside it. Plus it's gonna be a fucked up and awkward draw if you get blindsided and have to get at it quickly.

But, you've got a decent gun, and the sense to be armed in today's society, so youre miles ahead of most people.
>>
>>29393203
I keep mine loaded with 90gr hornaday critical defense. Its a really fast load and the polymer tip makes for pretty consistent expansion
>>
>>29393095
Listen, I hate to bring this up, but...

Tits or GTFO
>>
>>29397731
This isn't /b/ you fucking child
>>
you sound like a dumb bitch desu familia
>>
>>29393095
Lotta danger in the kitchen?
>>
File: 1.png (773 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1.png
773 KB, 720x960
>>29397731
>>29397753
I thought there weren't any females on the internet?
>>
>>29393095
>Yes I'm trained with lightweight snubs

Nice...*unzips*
>>
>>29397799
/b/ has led you astray my child
>>
>>29397753
>you fucking child

WAH WHY ARENT YOU NICE TO ME FOR HAVING A UTERUS??

>>29397829
>/b/ has led you astray my child

*tips diva cup*

>wears pajamas outside the house
>keeps a loaded hand gun in her purse
>calls others children

Oh boy this is rich
>>
>>29397857
I'm not even OP but okay
>>
>>29397857
Thanks for the (you)'s btw
>>
OP tried to act like this was some type of discussion thread, but it was a thinky veiled "Im a girl pay attention to me boys hehe" thread

Bitch you arent trained in lighrweight snubs and you havent learned shit from 14th century manuscripts. Youre an arrogant special snowflake.
>>
>>29393095
Better than a Saturday Night Special. Just make sure the primers are good.

Ironically, I've also inherited a Model 36(?) and two boxes of hollow-points. It's in storage. I don't go out enough to need it, and I have another two years before I can obtain a permit to carry it.

Yeah, guess why I don't go out? Fucking crooked bureaucrats and their shadowy agenda, making a felon of everybody...
>>
>>29393095
>partially weapons trained
>>
>>29393289
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
>>
>>29393095
What if the snatch your purse?
>>
>>29400456
Off person carry is border line retarded for this reason. Not just women are guilty of this but men with the slings, fanny packs, and "tactical" man purses
>>
>>29393095
That's a nice gun and you sound like a bad-ass but a semi auto 9mm would really be more efficient and effective. But hey, you're trained in snubs. Past tense
>>
>>29393238
I'd rather fight with my 26 than my detective special any day. But hey this is k, do whatever is easiest right? Anyone who puts thought into anything besides how cheap it is is an autist right?
>>
>>29393095
>snub nose
>wood furniture

Do you wear a khaki trenchcoat, matching fedora (not trilby), smoke cigars, and talk with a new york accent? If not 0/10
>>
>>29393153
Is that really le concern for you fedora?
>>
>>29393289
>not just sawing off the hammer sear and making it a ghetto DA only hammerless
>>
>>29393382

So you carry , what, 20oz revolver, and the bowie must be like 35oz? Seems like you would be more effective defending yourself with a larger gun and a smaller knife.

tl;dr why a snubby and 11'' bowie and not a high cap autoloader and 5'' dagger, for example?
>>
>>29400968

she carries the 11" because of her legit manuscript based bowie training...duh.
>>
>>29393095
I really wouldn't advise purse carry or any other form of off-body carry. If you're struggling with someone over your purse, it's gonna be pretty damn hard to get to your weapon. Yes, female clothing and body contours can makes a lot of the traditional on-body options unconfortable, but there is a growing market of holster options geared for women. Check out http://www.faliaphotography.com/?m=1 she really helped me find options that work for me.
>>
>>29400490
Briefcases more often than you'd think. Enough so it spawned the mall ninja plate and kevlar inserts.

Unless it's a GiTS inspired briefcase SMG, better not.
>>
>>29393095
If it work for you that's good
Also
>tits or gtfo
>>
>>29401596
Decent link anon. I don't think it would have changed my choice for a remora thigh holster, but if I ever get around to finding a decent 380 I'll definitely swing back through here.
http://www.faliaphotography.com/p/more-photos-my-bug-out-bag-guns-etc.html?m=1
>>
>>29393095
Just get a glock 19 and gtfo roastie. If any other anon made a random thread saying " lol I'm this height and carry this gun" it would get no replies. Also don't carry your gun in your purse. What happens when Jamal grabs ahold of it and yanks it out of your hands?
>inb4 I'll use my giant knife. No you won't. You will get beaten down trying to retrieve it or you will get it wrestled from
You and get killed. Plz be trolling.
>>
>>29401752
See, everyone in this thread suggesting .380's is kinda cracking me up. .380 will do, but I started our with a single stack 9 and really wouldn't want to go down to a .380.
>>
>>29393095
>carrying a gun any other place than on your person
>>
>>29397857
>>29400820
>>29401711
>>29397731
Here's some free (you)'s for all the shitposters in the world that go left behind! Keep going you beautiful people

(You) are a credit to 4chan, and don't (You) forget it! :)
>>
>>29401815

fucking this. If she is serious she oozes "I'm only partially weapons trained"
>>
>>29397753
not relevant, cunt stain.
>>
>>29397799
You are correct...there are just too many beta faggots on /k/ I guess. Disappointing that they're giving credibility to stereotypes of gun owners.
>>
>>29400376
Ha!
>>
>>29401942
>>29401942
Good lord...fuck off back to r/whatever or FB or wherever your fedora takes you. Just curious, has this EVER worked for you? Has a woman ever responded to you with genuine interest or only out of pity?
>>
>>29393095
>Purse carry.
That's the only major problem. Try getting the gun out when your purse is getting snatched.
>>29393153
Leaving casings isn't the issue. Having 5-6 shots that WILL fire come hell or high water even at point contact distance is the bigger advantage of revolvers. If someone is genuinely on top of you and you're trying to shoot them with an automatic there's a good chance the gun will be pushed out of battery, or simply fail to cycle the second shot. This is particularly problematic with newer lightweight polymer autos that like to FTF is merely limpwristed.
>>29393182
Why the fuck do you carry a bowie knife there instead of a gun. You're body carrying anyway and it's already a bulkier item.
>>29393289
That snub can stab people with bullets a whole lot better than you can stab with that knife and you don't have to swing it around to do so. I'd much rather try to shoot some big SOB off myself than try to stab him off. Normally the issue here is the gun jamming by obstruction, but on a revolver this is far less likely.
>>
>>29393095
Post tits or gtfo
>>
>>29393095
Don't carry in your purse, retard. If you get mugged, they're going straight for the purse. Also women can't find jack shit in their purse, good luck fumbling around trying to get your hand on a gun while your life is on the line.
>>
Other guns may have better triggers or more capacity, but none will match a J frame in terms of simplicity and reliability.
Any autoloader as small as a J frame is either firing an inferior round or has no magazine capacity advantage.
Just because it's old doesn't mean it's bad.

Otoh, purse carry is retarded, and that means you're bad, OP. Literally the biggest advantage of a J frame over anything else is how easy itis to conceal on your person.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.