[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when you play an FPS game and you die right after you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1459030104006.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459030104006.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Remember when you play an FPS game and you die right after you spawn?
Now imagine if you were a real soldier in that real scenario.

How would you feel if you got unexpectadly killed in your first second of operating? (Stepped on a landmine, shot by a sniper, etc)
You had one chance and its gone
>>
>>29392812
My last words would be "Fucking campers!"
>>
>>29392812
Uh, you wouldn't care one bit because you are dead.

Since we're on topic, a WWII MOH winner fought hard to rejoin his unit in combat after being paraded around for war bond promotion. They finally let him redeploy. He was killed in the first ten minutes of hitting the beaches of Iwo Jima.
>>
hopefully it'll be so fast i'll be dead before I can consider it.

>tfw if we ever have a ww3 that doesn't instantly escalate to nukes we'll all probably die like this too arty, precision missiles and airpower
>>
>>29392812
>in your first second of operating?
>landmine
>sniper

going out on patrols isn't operating

This is operating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLGt5IfzgKo
>>
>>29392868
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Basilone
>>
>>29392875
Califag here.. that seems too spoopy for me, anon
>>
>>29392812
That's not even the worst. Imagine people you spend a decently long time in training with. You get to know them by heart, they fought for you, besides you, with you. You got know their kids, their life stories, etc etc.

And then you get fragged soon as the ramp comes down or in the middle of the opening shots of a firefight.

Your buddies carrying your limp dead body telling you you're fine and scrambling to do everything and anything to drag your dead body into cover.

And now, because of your dead corpse, rifles aren't pointing at the enemy and they get gunned down.

No, the worst is not the fact that you died.

The worst is when your death caused your entire fireteam get fragged.

Picture fucking related.
>>
File: cliff2.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cliff2.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
>>29392812
I always despised games that are like that.

When it's so that the round is only over after at least everyone on one team is dead, at least that made sense and there was actually a point to staying alive.
>>
fuck no
>>
>>29392980
those guys lived btw
>>
>>29392875
dat violence of action
>>
>>29392812
Why are you making this thread again?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.