[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20160325_080239_resized_2.jpg (280 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
20160325_080239_resized_2.jpg
280 KB, 918x1632
So I'm about to buy my first rifle. I looked at other more refined options but then I found this. 1942 most likely Tula/Izhevsk mfg Mosin Nagant. $250 with 300 rounds of nugget food.
Pics related
>>
File: 20160325_080203_resized_2.jpg (337 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
20160325_080203_resized_2.jpg
337 KB, 918x1632
And another
>>
File: 20160325_080225_resized_2.jpg (336 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
20160325_080225_resized_2.jpg
336 KB, 918x1632
Final pic from seller.

I can see its obviously been neglected, but it should still be shootable right?
>>
>>29388794
looks ok. I'd try to talk him down a bit, though.
>>
>>29388765
make him take a better pic of the crown.

If that's good then I'd consider it.
>>
Try and talk him down a little bit, if he doesn't budge $250 is still a decent price. That nugget food is worth $100 and you can't find mosins for $150 anymore.
>>
I have a screenshot of the original listing which was 180$ so I'm definitely going to talk him down a little bit if I see it in person and am really underwhelmed, and if he seems as though he just wants to get rid of the gun.

I just asked for better pics and info about how it was stored/used. Will update when those come through
>>
>>29388765
I don't see any pitting
can't tell if that brown residue in there is copper deposits or rust. ask him for a better picture of the bore, bore pictures aren't as hard to take as you may imagine

also, are the extra rounds very appealing to you? I saw a mosin in absolute perfect condition, bore, chamber and finish at a gunshow for $200 just last month. The prices have risen, but not that much.
>>
Those pics are aeful. Don't even consider it until there are better pics.
>>
Just received email back from him saying he'll give better pics after work.
The ammo was a consideration to me because its convenient to get the rifle and ammunition all at once. However checking through Gunbroker there are some competitive options if this doesnt work out
>>
>>29388765

Wouldn't pitting of the barrel be on the other end of the barrel?
>>
>>29388846
I bought one for 125 a few months ago. It's definitely possible, but OP has to seriously get good at his hocus-pocus jewspeak
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.