[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you say is the best 5.56 suppressor currently on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: gemtech_g5_action_1.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gemtech_g5_action_1.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
What would you say is the best 5.56 suppressor currently on the market /k/ ?
>>
surefire SOCOM
>>
>>29383669
The OSS suppressors are pretty awesome, if anything because they're different from most every other suppressor on the market (that I'm aware of).
Nice being able to shoot something suppressed and not have any excess blowback from the chamber and fouling.
>>
>>29383698
>>29383751

Surefire SOCOM RC just because of the amount of vetting that it has had.

I haven't seen enough torture tests or long term durability to speak about the OSS Suppressors.
>>
scar shit use better platform
>>
the socom meters at 141db.... for $1200

the saker K is 134db at $840

the specwar is 133db at $620
>>
>>29383785
obviously the SOCOM has had some serious testing, how durable are the other two in comparison?
>>
>>29383785

Implying sound suppression is the main draw for 5.56 suppressors.

Gas blowback, Muzzle flash and sound displacement in that order. The Surefire suppressor has low gas blowback and can survive more abuse than likely any other rifle suppressor on the market.
>>
Dead Air Sandman. It's not even 5.56.
>>
The silencerco hybrid is rated at 130.4 with M855 through a 16" barrel and it only weights 13 ounces

It's huge as fuck though and definitely not a "combat" suppressor
>>
>>29383669
Oil filter
>>
>>29383840
>>29383840
life time warranty, and on of the strongest designs and materials.
>>
>>29383848
i thought recoil was the biggest one.
>>
>>29384078
Recoil out of a 556 is pretty negligible to begin with.
>>
so SOCOM is a safe bet if you have the money to throw at it.
>>
>>29383669
Are the kac suppressors still good?
>>
>>29383776
>>29383751
That OSS has the possibility of being a real game changer .
>>29384182
Curious also
>>
>>29383669
Don't be a dick to your neighbors. Get one.
>>
>>29384882
Thanks for your input why on earth do you think I'm asking you faggot?
>>
THE ONE YOU BUILD YOURSELF FOR $200 AND THE $200 STAMP
>>
>>29384078
what do you mean recoil, suppressors don't reduce recoil
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 661x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 661x478
>>
Can of Pringles and duct tape.
>>
>>29385095
they are basically giant fucking compensators. they reduce perceived recoil just like a compensator.
>>
Saker 762, built like a tank and better at suppressing sound.
>>
>>29383751
>>29384834
OSS is utter snake oil. Their only "game changer" is lower backpressure, at the cost of absolutely everything else. They are expensive, have terrible suppression, require TWO tax stamps for the two components, are heavy as shit, are ugly, and the ATF recently decided that their "muzzle brake" is actually a baffle so you can't buy extras for your multiple guns. You have to buy a complete 3-piece suppressor system for each gun ($2,500+).

OSS is such a joke in the industry that their founder resigned from lack of confidence.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/02/23/operator-suppressor-systems-founder-and-president-russ-oliver-resigns/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.