[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would /k/ go upon attacking Mordor? You have 2 billion dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: mordor_by_annap_artwork-d70c1s1.jpg (91 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
mordor_by_annap_artwork-d70c1s1.jpg
91 KB, 1191x670
How would /k/ go upon attacking Mordor? You have 2 billion dollars to do so. What mobile armor would you use, what would infantry be equipped with, etc etc

Hard mode: no aerial support of any kind.
>>
Eagles
>>
>>29374383
>hydrogen bomb costs more than 3 billion

also is the battle won when we defeat sauron/ dump the ring
>>
>>29374496
Yes you have to get the ring to Mount Doom.
>>
>Bribe eagles with $2bn worth of hot cloaca
Ez
>>
>>29374409
Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?
>>
>>29374517
tom bombadil would have been angry at the lack of the rest of the books being missing
>>
Nuclear saturation attack
>B-but anon said no aerial sup-
FUCKING NUCLEAR SATURATION
>>
>>29374383
As many squads as I can afford equipped with mortars and white phosphorus. Basic squad loadout would be 6 man crew, 2 for mortar, 2 using an M60, 2 with rifles for perimeter defense.
>>
File: MGM-52_Lance.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
MGM-52_Lance.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
Are nukes allowed?
>>
>>29374555
>money being an object this time
>>
>>29374383
You're fighting a force with limited magicks at it's disposal, armed mainly with hand-to-hand weapons and a few hundred siege weapons and the like.

Honestly, just plop a battalion down and call it a day. Could probably stand about a thousand dudes in modern body armor with M4's and LMG support near the gate to Mordor and watch the grinder fire up.
>>
>>29374383
>Purchase a nuclear-equipped missile from Lil Kim
>Get it for probably like $10 million plus whatever it costs to buy Dennis Rodman.
>Fire into Mordor
>Keep the rest to make a throne out of ...something...probably glocks.
>>
>>29374510
>implying the fires of Mount Doom are hotter than a nuclear firestorm
>>
First thing's first, fuck going through the black gate or over the mountains. Just park some troops near the Black Gate and then skullfuck Minas Morgul out of existence with artillery. After Minas Morgul has been leveled you would then chop out a road through the much thinner mountains behind it, and stage from there.

After I've secured a road into Mordor, swing south with motorised infantry and light armor towards Nurn and the Sea of Nurn, cutting off Mordor's only real supply of food. Sit on my hands for the next six-twelve months, making commando raids and probing attacks until the lack of food has reduced the enemy's strength, and then drive straight for Barad Dur while my forces at the Black Gate commence the mother of all holding attacks.

Once Barad Dur falls just watch shit collapse in upon itself because the orcs have no real chain of command beyond the big eye in the sky.

And OP, no one cares what tanks you used or what rifles your soldiers had. What ultimately matters is what you did at the strategic level.
>>
>>29374383

You said nothing about chemical weapons, so I'm giving orcs a taste of VX.
>>
>>29374592

It is not about how hot they are, broham. go visit /tg/.
>>
File: Helmsdeep.png (101 KB, 1314x362) Image search: [Google]
Helmsdeep.png
101 KB, 1314x362
>>29374581
Body armor ain't that great against arrows, which is the major threat they'd face. Unit cost of a Brad is, what, about $3 mil? Could probably pick up some of the older ones for a third that. So spend maybe $500 mil on Brads and ammo, put another $100 mil into artillery, buy a couple dozen Soviet ZSU's for Nazguls, and spend the rest on Vodka and strippers for the victory party.

If you wanted to, you could probably skip the party, load up on extra supplies, and roll over the rest of Middle Earth when you're done with Mordor.
>>
File: Human v Elf.png (786 KB, 600x3753) Image search: [Google]
Human v Elf.png
786 KB, 600x3753
>>29374674
This ain't /tg/ so why should we care what they think? The only reason people think the ring has to be thrown into the fires is because no one's tried hard enough.
>>
2billion dollars worth of quran and bible
>>
>>29374738
Damn, you're cruel. At least have the decency to kill them.
>>
>>29374736
why did the elves never advance in technology? did magic make them decadent?
>>
>>29374817
Why would they? No sense of urgency. Men live a hundred years, absolute tops. We need to get what we need to get in the first forty years of that.

When you live for thousands and thousands of years, what sense of urgency would you have? If you simply wait something out, it'll more then likely die of old age and/or fuck itself over before it even touches you.

Besides, the Tolkien gods have a major hard-on for elves, so they probably had all the best shit all the time. It's like having a living race of mary sues.
>>
Step 1: Buy high-altitude drone

Step 2: Attach the One Ring to the drone.

Step 3: Fly Drone into the heart of Mt. Doom at a steep dive from ~10,000 feet or more.

Step 4: Watch and laugh as the Nazgul are too slow to catch it.

Step 5: Win the war.
>>
>>29374659
A shame this post doesn't have more replies...
>>
>>29374900
no one was talking about the cockring mission
>>
>>29374957

Destroy the cockring and you destroy the Orks chain of command and their source of non-primitive weaponry.

No cockring = No Sauron = No Nazgul = No Orc Leadership.

You've won the war with only spending enough money for the drone, allowing you to keep the rest.
>>
>>29374900
the question is if sauron can shoot it down with lazers or some shit
>>
File: Abrams-transparent.png (771 KB, 1542x691) Image search: [Google]
Abrams-transparent.png
771 KB, 1542x691
>>29374383

>no aerial support of any kind.

FUCK

Okay, just send tanks instead.

Gandalf is a fucking wizard so surely he could make tanks if he really thought about it.
>>
>>29375014

Doubtful. I don't recall Sauron ever having any type of energy-projection powers, in eye form or otherwise.
>>
>>29374517
Because the Ring mindfucks you into becoming a ringwraith by preying on your pride. The Eagles, are some proud sumbitches.
>>
>>29374738
You're assuming Orcs can read.
>>
>>29374659
Addendum:

I roughly crunched the numbers, and here's what I've got for a budget.

400 Million Dollars US will equip 1.2 million men with WW2 quality equipment, including a rifle (M1 Garand) and all of the other kit. This will be standard issue for everyone, from cooks to pilots. I figure that this gives me ~400,000 frontline infantrymen. I'll set aside another 150 Million for ammunition.

This leaves me 1.5b. I'll earmark another 500 million for food, camp supplies, and other generic shit like spare parts. I expect we can always take food from Gondorian lands and eventually Nurn. I'll set aside 200 Million to purchase trucks, 300 million for fuel, and another 200 Million to purchase Light Armored Vehicles like AMX-13s and the like. 200 million will buy me 20 Super Tucanos and a small assortment of handguns to equip pilots and officers with. I'll sink the remaining 50 Million into gold and silver to trade with the locals for other supplies.
>>
>>29375039
true

>the first thing i think of when i see red eyes is lazers for whatever reason

blame superman
>>
File: grond3.jpg (48 KB, 539x292) Image search: [Google]
grond3.jpg
48 KB, 539x292
>>29375014
Or if the Ring can mindfuck the guy controlling the drone, if not the Drone itself. Sauron is something of an engineer.
>>
>>29375066
>dubs
>math

thread over
>>
>>29375066
*200 Million for trucks and other unarmored vehicles like motorcycles. Fuck.
>>
>>29375077
A truly autonomous drone with inertial guidances imbued with pure magick?
>>
>Put the ring into a gps guided missile.
>fly missile into mt doom
>>
File: full plebeian.jpg (118 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
full plebeian.jpg
118 KB, 579x527
>>29374383
>attacking Mordor
>Choosing faggot elves and magic over industrialism
Holy shit, what a pleb.
>>
>>29375169
>gps
>in Middle-earth
are you serious?
>>
>>29374383

I'd move all the dindu's into the surrounding area. They will just do the work for me.
>>
>>29374383
Artillery, lots and lots of fucking artillery.
>>
>>29375066

You're not equipping 1.2 million min with M1's for about $300 a pop. Maybe Mosins, but you'll probably distort the price when buying that many. There were only about 6 million M1's made and most of those are now either destroyed or in private hands. Closer to 40 million nuggets, but you'll probably run into the same problem if you try to buy a million plus. Try shifting a decimal place in the number of men. 120 thousand should be plenty. And arm them better than WWII tech. At about 3 k per man you could afford to buy AK's for them all with money left over for squad weapons. It also means you can have closer to 5000 rounds per per man instead of closer to 500.
>>
File: B2 will shit on you.jpg (99 KB, 908x605) Image search: [Google]
B2 will shit on you.jpg
99 KB, 908x605
>>29374383
>Hard mode: no aerial support of any kind.

fuck that
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 410x230
$.5b in pic related
$.5b in .50bmg and gas
$1b for my consultant fees as I train elves dwarves and the race of men to drive and shoot
>>
I will use the deadliest, most dangerous weapon
The weapon that brought Europe to its knees

Cultural Marxism.
>>
>>29377186
This.
>>
>>29375053
And you're assuming mud slimes can read.
>>
>>29374659
This nigga
>>
File: buggy.jpg (51 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
buggy.jpg
51 KB, 640x425
a fleet of tactical dune buggys
>>
>>29374383

Invade with a battalion or 2 of abrams tanks and a a whole shit load of humvees armed with machine guns. If the colonial wars taught me anything, it's that the machine gun is king. Also there should be a whoe shit load of artillery outside the black gate. Also there'd be a battalion of infantry soldiers including engineers

Here's the plan of attack

>engineers come to black gate at night
>destroy the gate
>artillery barrage for a day while tanks and humvees muster
>begin a creeping barrage with the tanks in front, humvees in the back, followed by the infantry
>tanks destroy any and all remaining resistance
>humvees and infantry follow and kill and any resistance who survived the barrage and the tank attack
>arrive at Mount doom
>load the ring in a tank shell and lob it in Mount doom
>begin a creeping barrage back to the black gate
>America fuck yeah
>>
File: M113FUCKYEAH.jpg (154 KB, 695x596) Image search: [Google]
M113FUCKYEAH.jpg
154 KB, 695x596
mordor has absolutely nothing standardized to use against armored ground vehicles.

like what's their basic force; orcs with melee or low tech ranged weapons (bows, crossbows, throwing spears, etc...)

none of this shit can do anything to apcs/tanks.

Then what other 'special' stuff does mordor have? those big troll dudes; ok, they can club through walls so they could probably do some damage to a vehicle up close. On the other hand, they're killed with sword and arrows, so bullets would work just as well and they wouldn't get in range to attack armor before getting mowed down.

then they got those flying dudes

ok, the dudes are invincible because magic, but the big lizard birds arent; and they have no ranged weapons; bullets would down them easily.

Like I reckon

4 ATGM BRDMs
4 SAM BDRMs
8 anti-infantry BDRMs

could probably drive over the border and right to mount doom without anything mordor has posing a threat on the way
>>
>>29377633
So when the ring is destroyed, do all the orcs and nasguls and shit die to or are they just left to their own devices?
>>
13 million slavs, each armed with a 100$ milsurp m39 and 50 dollars worth of ammo
>>
>>29377788

They would have been killed in the artillery barrage at the start and the creeping barrage.

Forgot to mention that the first barrage would include chlorine and mustard gas
>>
>>29377633
>>29377788
Or what happens if there are some orcs that defected because they thought "maybe me no want kill hobbits, me want be royal flutist". What about them? And don't say "oh no Orc would do that! They're all just a bunch of middle earth dindus"
>>
>>29377815
But surely some were on hobbit patrol and away from the black gate. Do they just implode or do they live on to be hunted down/integrated into society?
>>
File: 1387378802343.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1387378802343.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
A singel Tomahawk to Bara Dur that will teach them

rest of money is spendt on XY gas (think its whats its named)

Carpet bomb Mordor with XY gas bombs with a singel B52

then i and a crack team can fly into Mordor in Bell helicopter with two M2 door guns blasting Vietnam tunes as we mowe down the remants

Then we napalm bomb the wood elfs...fuck elfs
>>
>>29374383
if a couple halflings and a mutant can sneak into Mordor i'de assume any well equipped Special forces team could complete the same objective much easier.

Granted its pretty much Middle-east 2.0 but with Sauron instead of Sadaam, Orcs instead of Republican Guard etc.

Or you can Go full-magical MSF and just start a mercenary band of Elves, Dwarfs, Humans Etc. and just make your objective acquiring high value targets, equipment etc.
>>
one killdozer with a couple mounted M2s and a lot of ammo
>>
>>29377855

They live on. The whole point was to destroy the ring and that's what I did.
>>
>>29377932
I'm just asking in a general sense. Does it ever say in the books or is it just up for interpretation?
>>
>>29377825

See >>29377932
>>
>>29377951

I think in the books it's up to interpretation
>>
>>29374510
Ducktape the ring onto a ATGM and fly a drone over Mordor. Shoot it into Mount Doom, then spend the rest of the budget on booze and hookers.
>>
>>29378017
This. Except put it on an AGM. And put the ring inside the missile somewhere, and remove the payload.
>>
Why not just use chemical warfare? Shit's cheap, and very effective. The only reason we don't use it is the Chemical Weapons convention in the early 90s.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.