[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AK vs ar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 190x265
Is there anything to add when comparing these two rifles or if this pretty much it? I'm looking to get my first assault rifle and I'm leaning towards the AK. Help?
>>
>>29369999
>checked

My favorite kind of picture tbqh senpai
>>
If you are leaning towards ak because of the price you aren't ready.
>>
>>29369999
nice thumbnail faggot
>>
>>29369999
Are you one of those ant soldiers?
>>
>>29369999

they're both great, thats why I own both. AR seems to be a better SHTF gun but the AK is so much more fun. I'd take either into combat though. Great rifles.

AR vs AK circlejerk is led by faggots who only own one and cant appreciate both.
>>
>>29370038
Not the price but the reliability that is claimed to have. I own hand guns and hunting rifles, but just now looking into an assault rifle. I don't really have sitting buddies so I'm turning to the internet for advise.
>>
File: wut.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>29369999
>>
>>29370076
> AR seems to be a better SHTF gun
I thought the consensus was the opposite
>>
>>29370086
Both are reliable. Both are accurate. Either is a fine rifle. Ideally you should get both.
>>
>>29370076
I want to consider cost of owner ship, maintenance etc, and longevity
>>
>>29370095
Shtf isn't going to be crawling through mud. You want something that is fucking everywhere to scavage for parts and ammo.
>>
>>29370103
I'm not a rich kid and am going to have to buy one at a time. Which one do I buy first? And are there any brands I should avoid when shopping?
>>
>>29370128
> isn't going to be crawling through mud
sounds like you're doing it wrong
>>
>>29370128
You could very easily be crawling through mud. It's comments like these that make me think I'm going to be OK compared to everyone else when shtf
>>
>>29370095

more ubiquitous in the US at least

>>29370121

cost of ownership might go to the AR based on magazine price alone, AK mags are getting expensive. certainly more so than pmags at least, which are fine for AR use, not very good for AK.

>>29370128

mudtest.wmv

either rifle is plenty reliable enough fornREAL LIFE battle conditions.
>>
>>29370154
If you're getting your first gun go with AR: more controllable, relatively simpler takedown (in basic I could fully disassemble my M16 in 7.5s), easier to configure as your taste in rifle becomes more refined, etc.
>>
>>29370154
You don't need to be "rich" to own both. $1200 can accomplish that and $2000 is the most you would need for all but the most extravagant of rifles.

Ultimately it's a matter of preference. I prefer the AK. I like the handling and the standard chamber in better. If you haven't even held either than you probably should try both and see which you like.
>>
>>29369999

>assault rifle

>posted a thumbnail

I don't like you
>>
Besides what the AR-cuckteen fans will tell you, and the Slavaboos will tell you, if you're gonna poorfag it get an AK. They're cheaper to feed, designed for illiterate people to maintain, and you won't be so pressured to customize it
>>
File: AK field stripped.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AK field stripped.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>29370307
>AR
>relatively simpler takedown
nigga, you biased as fuck. Nothing's easier to take down than an AK. Literally doable in 3 seconds, blindfolded.
>>
>>29370177
And if it was "crawling through mud" in your little fantasy the. The AR would still be superior to the AKM
>>
>>29370604
True. Dude that dropped the "crawling through mud" line here. I forgot the AR won that test.
>>
>>29369999
>I'm looking to get my first assault rifle
assault rifles are select fire though. If you have enough money to acquire a full auto rifle in a first world country, you probably know what you want already.
>>
>>29370550

AR or AK can be field stripped quickly by someone who knows their weapon.
>>
>>29370550
By take-down in 7.5s I mean nearly everything, not the dust cover and the bolt/piston. Have fun with the trigger group m8.
>>
>>29370704
you need to have seriously fucked up something if you need to perform anything else than the basic field strip on an AK.

Not that the trigger group would be impossible to get out on AK either. I know this guy who'd been into gunsmithing since very young age, and in the army he completely took down his RK to clean up all nooks and crannies.
>>
>>29370741

>I know this guy who'd been into gunsmithing since very young age, and in the army he completely took down his RK to clean up all nooks and crannies.

you dont need to be a gunsmith to do that, its not that difficult
>>
>>29370637
Honestly though it comes down 100% to preference now, you can get equally well built ar's and AK's for nearly the same price.
>>
File: 1458187011427.jpg (43 KB, 597x418) Image search: [Google]
1458187011427.jpg
43 KB, 597x418
>>29369999
>assault rifle
Just say AR or AK. Otherwise the anti gunners super spoopy buzzword will continue to thrive
>>
>>29370759
I know it's not hard. I even said it.
however someone without a training's not gonna just take it out like that. It goes beyond the basic field stripping they teach you in the military.
>>
>>29370792
Can we call them Sturmghewer?
>>
>>293708 Yes anon but only if they're select fire
>>
>>29370095

Plentiful ammo is the most important thing, followed closely by durability.

AR is top notch in both.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.