[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting my long rifle permit and my first 22LR next month. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: rifle.jpg (20 KB, 800x163) Image search: [Google]
rifle.jpg
20 KB, 800x163
Getting my long rifle permit and my first 22LR next month. I've only shot a rifle once or twice when I was younger.
Any tips for a new shooter?
>>
File: 1451651503684.png (65 KB, 293x319) Image search: [Google]
1451651503684.png
65 KB, 293x319
>>29366897
>long rifle permit
>>
>>29366939
Or long gun permit, whatever. Required here in CT, unfortunately.
>>
>>29366897
>long rifle permit
pfffff

ok, to be serious, first you should try shooting with something to rest on with the rifle like a table or a bench, this way you'll learn about feeling the trigger and accomoding to recoil
>inb4 >.22lr >recoil

your best bet would be to go at a shooting range and talk with some experimented shooter that can teach you new tips and educate you on marksman shooting and proper rifle use

for everything about cleaning and working on the rifle you should ask your armorer and get the necessary toolkits.

i'll be willign to help you more but my english is not very good and i'm affraid i would be misleading you to some bullshitery, have fun with your .22lr
>>
Get a mosin instead
>>
>>29366959
why not just get concealed carry permit? you still need ammo certificate to be able to buy ammo pistol permit covers everything
>>
>>29366897
>permit
>rifle
>memes

im sorry
>>
>>29366985
Thanks for the advice, I'll talk to some people when I hit the range.
>>29367119
I was thinking about getting that instead but I wasn't sure if it covered rifles. I can only afford either a handgun or a rifle at the moment and I was going to go for a rifle.
I didn't know that an ammo certificate was required, thanks for letting me know. I might go for my concealed carry permit after all.
>>29367207
You need a permit to own a rifle in my state. It's pretty dumb but the idiot who shot up the school in Sandy Hook fucked things up for everyone.
>>
>>29366897
Tips:
Follow gun safety
Know how to properly disassemble and clean the gun
Be careful
Have fun
>>
>>29367286
yea long gun permit only covers the purchase of rifles, and ammo only for ammo, pistol permit covers everything, it can be a bit expensive and take a while but definately worth it. you need an nra pistol class ($120) then when you file for yur temporary permit it was about $65 to the state and whatever your town charges mine was $70, then when you get your temp you have to go to middletown and its another $70 for the actual permit
>>
>>29367346
Yeah that's pretty expensive. What's the point of getting a temporary permit if you just have to pay again for the actual permit? Is it required?
>>
Quick question. Is the Chiappa little badger wmr worth it?
>>
>>29367376
Yea it's required you get that and then have 60 days to get your actual permit, you have to bring it to Middletown, or Bridgeport I believe is the other place and bring temporary, license, and birth certificate or passport, you also can't purchase firearms with the temp
>>
>>29367416
I live right next to Middletown so I'll probably bring it there. I'll have to decide if it's worth it or not, I don't see myself purchasing a hand gun in the near future, I don't spend enough time in rough areas to justify it.
>>
File: basic aiming.png (157 KB, 785x1004) Image search: [Google]
basic aiming.png
157 KB, 785x1004
>>29366897
Get a Ruger 10/22

and read this
>>
File: basic markmanship.png (294 KB, 781x1008) Image search: [Google]
basic markmanship.png
294 KB, 781x1008
>>29367525
here's some more.
>>
Can someone help me understand part of the law in Connecticut? I was put into a psychiatric hospital back in 2013 (False alarm) and I'm reading a few different things. One thing says if I haven't been committed in 12 months I'm fine. Another thing says if I've been committed in the last 5 years I can't get the permit. Not really sure which one to go with.
>>29367525
>>29367531
I've heard the Ruger 10/22 is the way to go. Those are nice guides, especially the trigger pull. I always thought you were supposed to make a quick jerking motion.
>>
>>29367346

That sounds fucking dreadful. Seriously, when I want a new gun I just wake up and drive over to my favorite shop where I walk out with whatever I decided to impulse buy that day, plus ammo and magazines.

>>29367447

>I'll have to decide if it's worth it or not, I don't see myself purchasing a hand gun in the near future, I don't spend enough time in rough areas to justify it.

That's the whole point. Don't you see that they're purposefully making it difficult and expensive? This should be MORE incentive to buy a handgun, not less.
>>
>>29367556
The laws are being challenged by a lot of people in CT, they'll probably loosen up as time passes. People are still freaked out from Sandy Hook.
>>
>>29367556
Yea it sucks, ars and aks and such are illegal, but once you have a permit you can buy a firearm and walk out with it that day, oh and we also can only get 10 round mags
>>
>>29367632
Can't you own mags that hold more than 10 rounds, but only keep them in your house or use them at a range?
>>
>>29367649
if you owned them before the ban was in affect and you had to register them
>>
File: gun safety.jpg (25 KB, 454x204) Image search: [Google]
gun safety.jpg
25 KB, 454x204
>>29366897
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.