[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point in buying a large .22 lr rifle or carbine instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ruger.jpg (256 KB, 700x744) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
256 KB, 700x744
Whats the point in buying a large .22 lr rifle or carbine instead of just getting a handgun?

Won't both be just as effective in killing critters and varmint?
>>
>>29361936
Barrel length affects accuracy captain nofunz.
>>
>>29361961
But wouldnt lugging around a much heavier gun for way longer affect your accuracy anyways?

Carrying around a ton of other shit without having to carry a full length .22 would tire you out at a way lesser rate wouldn't it? Isn't that more beneficial if you're innawoods?
>>
>>29362026
.22 rifles are like a pound at the most, go outside for once or blow your brains out with a .22
>>
>>29362204
don't bully me
>>
>>29362026
lol have you handled a 22 rifle? they are like three pounds loaded
my barebones ruger 10/22 with a polymer stock is like 4 pounds at most when loaded with the BX50 round mag
>>
>>29362026
The only way you'd have a valid point is if you're already lugging around a full sized higher caliber rifle with you innawoods.

But then it also assumes you got a .223 rifle and 9mm pistol for close defense. Only then would a .22 pistol for small game make any sense. But then you're over loaded.
>>
>>29361936
Longer barrel = higher velocities which equals more energy and distance
Longer barrel = longer sight radius for open sights for better accuracy
Longer rifle action = more real estate to mount a scope
Rifle stock = three points of contact for improved stability off hand as opposed to a single pistol grip
Weight, seriously, if five to seven pounds of rifle with zero recoil is too much for you, you might need to work out more
>>
>>29362257
not me

>>29362204
>>29362259
ok so i guess its no big deal then. I was never that interested in .22lr but I figure I should at least shoot one at some point

>>29362269
I figure carrying 3 guns innawoods sounded like too much which is why i started the thread. I figure a larger .22 for small game takes up too much space for carrying around. I also thought they were heavier but they apparently aren't at all
>>
>>29362204
>blow your brains out with a .22

Impossible, .22 isn't powerful enough to exit the skull
>>
>>29363902
It's a feature. It bounces around literally destroying your brain.
>>
Sight radius, google that shit
>>
>>29364417
Just helps better with aim

its still a large ass gun for the caliber
>>
>>29365148
you gain velocity from standard loadings of 22lr up to about 18" of barrel length
>>
>>29364405
Max brooks get the fuck out and go read up on how ballistics works you uneducated fuck
>>
>>29361961
Barrel length effects velocity not accuracy. But it is a common miss held belief.
>>
>>29365766
You're kinda right. More velocity means greater effective range though. Also longer sight radius is more accurate too. So the other guy was also sorta right.
>>
>>29365790

Sight radius increases precision not accuracy
>>
I'd take the Ruger and put a dot sight or a pistol scope on it. The Ruger auto pistols are amazingly accurate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.