[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you have two groups of guys. Group one goes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 800x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 800x467
Let's say you have two groups of guys. Group one goes to the range every weekend and shoots targets together. All the guys in group one have a little bit of experience playing paintball as kids. Group two plays paintball every weekend and practices tactics and ambush offensive/defensive formations and have established a good sense of teamwork. The members of group two have a small bit of experience shooting real guns as kids. Both groups are given real guns (AR-15 rifles) with some sort of basic red dot sights and put into a area they both know. None of the teams have experience in real combat This could turn out a lot of ways obviously but who would you put your money on?
>>
Targetshooters hands down, tactics bring you nowhere if you empty your first mag without hitting anything.
>>
>>29353824
When you first started shooting annon how accurate were you? Were you not able to hit anything?
>>
>>29353774
how long is the average field of view before it's obscured? 200+ meters and it's the actual shooters. less than 200 meters I'd give it to the paintballers.

The only downsides to practicing tactics with paintball is range, and not being able to shoot through things that you could otherwise simply kill your target through.
>>
>>29353864
Yea both teams would be at a little bit of a disadvantage either way. I personally think it'd be pretty even and it would just depend of what team could handle being in real combat the most. Maybe a slight edge to the paintball team for their somewhat combat experience and being a little more used to adrenaline.
>>
>>29353846
I wasn't trying to shoot something that moves and might shoot back at me but you're right, I was fairly accurate.
That being said, I've been teaching now shooters for 3 years now and I've seen my share of people unable to even hit the fucking piece of paper.
>>
>>29353908
Maybe the gun range people only shoot stationary targets as well and would get shot back at either. The paintball guys would have at least a simulated experience of what it's like to be shot at and even though it's paintball it's still spooky and It gives you a rush. You would also have to think the paintball guys know how basic aiming works.
>>
>>29353927

Except paintball doesnt have iron sights and walking rounds in is retarded.

Also paintball "tactical training" just as well can ingrain bad habits as good ones.

Real guns win. /tg/ go home.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 522x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 522x421
Depends on the area they are fighting in.

If it's a big wide open space with long engagement ranges, the range guys would win hands down with their superior accuracy.

But if you put them into an abandoned apartment complex, with room to room engagements that more closely align with paintball, the range guys would get destroyed.
>>
>>29354021
You realize the majority of every military trains their non combat arms guys to shoot from a couple stationary shooting positions, at stationary or popup targets right?

They also teach the fundamentals first before trying to do anything tacticool for a reason. You can be high speed low drag all day and never hit shit.

Sure, distance forgives a lack in skill, but using a paintball gun at close range and a rifle at close range are two very different things. It isn't speedball, you can't just hold down the trigger while a couple hundred slow moving, easy to walk in paintballs fire towards your target.

My money is still on the range guys, a small bit of firearm experience as kids will not save them, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple didn't even know how to reload.
>>
>>29354068
You're assuming the range guys have experience hitting moving targets. Anything at or under fifty yards is pretty easy if you know how to hold a gun annon. What if that range guys don't realize how to shoot from cover properly or camo themselves or lure enemies Into a trap/ambush with noise bait, gunfire etc things every average paintball guy knows, especially guys who go every weekend.
>>
>>29354119
No, he is not assuming that the range guys have experience hitting moving targets.

Quit trying to prove your point, you came here asking for opinions. Eat them in silence, as you cannot enlighten the world.
>>
>>29354119
>Anything at or under fifty yards is pretty easy if you know how to hold a gun annon.
Exactly, which is why the guys who know how to use and hold the guns still have the advantage

>What if that range guys don't realize how to shoot from cover properly or camo themselves or lure enemies Into a trap/ambush with noise bait, gunfire
>not knowing how to hide behind something
>hearing noise bait over gunfire
>being baited by gunfire
This is how retarded paintballers are.
>>
>>29354068
this whole post implies that firing a rifle takes so much skill. It really doesn't. An AR15 has very little recoil, and isn't difficult to operate. Provided the kids can charge the rifle, and get reloading figured out, I think they'd excel in a close quarters environment.

The range guys would be clustering up in front of doors, exposing themselves to windows, not making good use of cover, and possibly suffering friendly fire incidents.

The paintball guys would be stacking up on doors, taking less risks, spreading out, and moving effectively as a team, while providing covering fire. Suppressing the enemy is a big aspect of paintball.

The reason they teach the fundamentals first is because they don't want dumbasses getting killed in training. Obviously that is not a concern in this hypothetical scenario.
>>
>>29354146
>The range guys would be clustering up in front of doors, exposing themselves to windows, not making good use of cover, and possibly suffering friendly fire incidents.
>The paintball guys would be stacking up on doors, taking less risks, spreading out, and moving effectively as a team, while providing covering fire. Suppressing the enemy is a big aspect of paintball.
>literally says both have no combat experience
>suddenly one side turns into blundering idiots and the other side is a well oiled machine perfectly moving with delta tier precision
Why are paintballers this fucking retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 443x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 443x334
>>29354153
Experience in "real" combat. Nice try annon.
>>
>>29354165
Yes, getting shot at is different than shooting harmless paintballs at each other. This is why no military uses paintball to train their soldiers.
>>
>>29354168
You've obviously never played before annon. It's still a big adrenaline rush and they'd have far more exp controlling themselves than the range guys. Why do you think drill Sergeants yell at troops while making them answer questions and do tasks? It allows them to function during chaos and I'm pretty sure the paint ball guys have more experience functioning under chaos than the range guys.
>>
>>29354153
>>29354168
One group of people has experience standing and sitting at a range and putting holes in paper.

The other has experience moving around and taking cover, and working with others.

My point was that the later would be more important in closer range engagements. Pretty fucking obvious.
>>
Being pretty big into everything /k/, I've been known to go into anything slightly related with seriousness.
>Went to a college paintball outting
>rented gear
>played very aggressively but attempted tactics
>only did paintball twice b4 but I was confident
>kentucky windage because balls as ammo sucks and rented guns suck
>do surprisingly well
>get multiple kills and effectively use cover
>Tom Clancy's The Division.webm
>ran out of ammo and bluff surrendered the opposing team solo
Was fun. I never deployed into combat or did any training. I guess games, movies, shooting guns, and having perfect vision helped somehow or I was lucky. Or I have autism like those guys in gym class who weren't top athletes but tried their best and did okay
>>
>>29354176
You have a 2 year old understanding of basic training lol. I've played plenty paintball, and we all know, you don't die during the game. Assuming one side is going to turn into morons while the other side is cool and collected is idiotic, both are at first of death, both will be far from their A game, and every military, STILL does not use paintball as any form of training.
>>
>>29354188
The point I was making is you don't need to literally get shot at do better deal with adrenalin. I'm saying the paintball guys would have a pretty decent amount of experience with it while the range guys would very little. Another point is the paintball guys who go every single weekend would likely not fall for any attempts at an easy ambush while I wouldn't be so sure about the range guys. The guys who paintball every weekend would likely be in better shape as well.
>>
Think about this logically. The range guys only big advantage is they are accurate. They haven't experienced any sort of battle beside a couple games of paintball as kids. I'd bet if you asked any soldier how accurate he would have been in his first firefight minus all his training the answer would be "not very" and that would be after a lot of training. Now let's couple that with all the advantages the paintball guys have listed above in the thread. The range guys only advantage is diminished by a lot. Why exactly are you all so sure they would win?
>>
>>29354272
The paintball guys would have decent accuracy to start out with because let's face it, a AR isn't that hard to shoot but I'd imagine the stress wouldn't effect them as badly as it would the range guys. The paintball guys might even feel a little more at ease knowing how their teammates work to a certain extent in a firefight even if it's fake.
>>
>>29353774
>group one has shot real guns a lot
>group two has not shot real guns a lot
>group two gets fucked
/thread
>>
>>29354293
I hunt, shoot IPSC comps and go paintballing.

By far the biggest rush in terms of adrenalin is when hunting. I get fuck all adrenalin when playing paintball and only some when shooting in comps.

I really doubt the paintball guys are going to have decent accuracy, they wont be used to aiming an actual rifle with sights and having a cheek weld. They are going to be unfamiliar with their firearms which is never a good thing and have a tendency to overestimate the fall of their rounds.

If your target shooters are IDPA/IPSC type shooters they are going to cut the paintballers to pieces, familiarity with tactics that dont really apply to the situation will only get you so far when you are completely unfamiliar with shooting real rifles at distances over 20 meters.
>>
This thread is retarded but I'll post because I'm a loser too.

The range guys would win hands down. Not being able to hit moving targets? You realize at close to mid range that doesn't mean shit. It's not like paintball where balls are flying at only a couple hundred fps. Also the paintball guys wouldn't know any immediate actions which is pretty important in combat.

>>29354168
I know a reserve unit in the CF that tried using paintball guns for training. They realized it was fucking potato pretty quickly.
>>
>>29354339
I also forgot to mention the paintballfags would be shitting their pants being downrange receiving rounds.
>>
>>29354297
Group one
>knows how to shoot a paper target at a range accurately

Range guys
>knows how to set up ambushes and lure people into them
>better shape
>understands covering fire
>understands how to shoot from cover properly
>understands offensive and defensive formations
>same at least some experience working under stress
>understands how important camo is
>less likely to fall for ambushes
>likely has a established chain of command
>has a good idea of how his team will react to certain situations
>knows how a gun works (exp as kid) basic reloading and aiming. Nothing special.
>can at least shoot 50 yards. (Easy with an AR.

Why are you so sure the range guys win?
>>
I shoot paintball and real guns. Why do you think the paintball guys wouldn't realize they are holding a real gun? I highly doubt they would be leading their targets like they would with a paintball gun in close quarters. If we're going to assume the pain baller guys are that retarded let's assume the range guys have no idea how to take cover. And let's not forget the range guys also have now exp hitting moving targets.
>>
>>29354373
Messed up group one is range guys the second down is paint ball. No bias as I do both.
>>
>>29354373
Paintball guys will try using concealment as cover, not realizing what would normally stop a paintball will not stop a rifle round. Also you're making the paintball guys seem like trained infantry soldiers that exclusively use paintball guns, which is bullshit. As soon as rounds start snapping the air around them they're not going to be maneuvering, they're gonna be pinned by accurate fire.

When I watch Isis combat videos it's funny be sure they're all running around like its paintball, while western military soldiers move at a slower controlled pace, because slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
>>
>>29354373
holy shit, get over you pretend army bullshit kiddo. Plastic toys and games dont = combat efficiency
>>
>>29354426
Again you are assuming the paint ball guys are retarded and don't realize they are in an actual gun fight. If that's the case let's assume the range guys decide to walk in a big group across big spaces.
>>
>>29354443
Holy shit, get over your pretend army shot kiddo. Shooting a paper dont= combat efficiency.
>>
>>29354453
I never fucking said that, you are putting words in my mouth you piece of shit.

Shooting real firearms, and getting a better feel for them will definitely be more optimal than plastic toys. I would reck your shit any day air shitter
>>
I do both a lot and it's not easy to answer.
I would say the paintball kids, but that's depending on if they are not too retarded and learn to operate real guns quick enough
>>
>>29354478
nah man, they held a gun once when they were 10, they are practically as good as the guys who have been shooting all their lives
>>
Surprisingly good thread. Also, one more vote for the paintballers. Tactics>accuracy. The ballers would be used to point shooting which the ar15 is uber easy to do with at cqb distances. The ballers would also have much more movement experience, individually and as a team. I would expect the rangers to be mostly unconditioned to that much movement or level of cooperation.
>>
>>29354498
>man child game players are going to be tactical and win

"autism" the thread
>>
>>29354457
It doesn't take much skill to mow down a couple idiots that walk into a ambush. I guarantee that's exactly how it would go down. The overconfident range guys would look for the paintball guys. The paintball guys would likely take it seriously and set up a L ambush and fire a round or two in a area with a walking path. The range guys knowing nothing about tactics would likely take the most efficient way thinking their buddy's will bail them out of any situation they might get into seeing as they are experienced with guns and the other team just basically knows how to shoot. As soon as they were in the kill box they'd get wrecked. I don't care how good with a gun you are, if you find yourself in a L ambush you are pretty much fucked.
>>
>>29354515
Ah yes sorry, i dont have any experience in the back yards of my mummys house when i was 11 years old playin with plastic toys, so im probably going to get killed because i was out killing dear at 300 yards instead.

niceme.me bait fampai

but really be aware of your autism
>>
>>29354146
>how to spot a noguns paintball kid
>>
>>29354146
holy shit, i dont think youve shot a real gun much
>>
>>29353824
>I have zero military or tactical experience
>I've literally never even watched a single YouTube video on the subject.
>>
>>29354540
It's hilarious how defensive these paintball kids are getting.
>>
Target shooters.

Paintballers take risks, risks that get you killed in real life and teaches you more about using cover that is actually concealment and allows bullets to pass through. Paintballers are more likely to rush up on you than sit back, suppress and hit the flanks. Ever seen a large scenario game? It quickly turns to human waves rather than small unit tactics.
>>
>>29354540
funny, thats the same thing with paintball fags.
>nothing
>>
>>29354522
>Implying the paint ball guys are little kids who only play in their moms yard. You've never seen or been a part of a paint ball group have you?
>implying the paintball guys are going to stand around in a field like a deer

>>29354531
Spotting the guy who thinks the AR is a hard gun to shoot.
>>
>>29354547
It's hilarious how the paint ball guys who Likly shoot real guns as well are bringing up good argumants yet the range guys are recycling the same two arguments over and over.
>>
>>29354558
>paint ball man children are smarter than deer

good one memefampai

i cant believe you are getting this defensive when in reality you will get shot to death by people with actual firearm experience.
>>
>>29354558
>Spotting the guy who thinks the AR is a hard gun to shoot.
Yeah, because pointing out delusions of grandeur means I totally made that argument.
>>
>>29354547
I don't even play Paintball dude.

>literally defending a guy who said "tactics get you nowhere"
>>
>>29354566
if they shot real guns they wouldnt bother continuing shooting plastic toys.
>>
>>29354566
You know, just saying that you're making many good arguments doesn't actually mean it's true. It's pretty obvious that the same few paintball kiddies are making the same arguments over and over.
>>
>>29354548
Once again sir you are assuming the paint ball guys are going to forget they are in a real gun fight and and run around cod style instead of using defensive tactics. Once again if that's the case let's assume the range guys have no idea how to take cover.
>>
File: image.png (520 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
image.png
520 KB, 707x682
>>29354573
>defending
Nah, I was just saying it's hilarious how defensive you're getting. And it still is.
>>
>>29354574
Many, many guys that shoot real guns enjoy paint ball more. It's far more fun than hitting a paper at a range over and over.
>>
>>29354583
what the hell do you even mean by *tactics*

you just keep throwing that word around like your some military operator with 20 years of front line experience.

holy fucking shit the delusional autism is rich in this thread
>>
>>29354588
>still defending the guy who says "tactics get you nowhere"
>LOL LOOK AT HOW DEFENSIVE YOU ARE GETTING I MUST BE RIGHT

You remind me of those feminists who believe that the harder a man tries to prove he's not a rapist, must mean he is more likely to be a rapist.
>>
Anyone here been hunting?
Anyone here been shooting?
Anyone here been paint balling?
Anyone here been shot at?

I'll be the first to say, the best hunters I've met aren't the best shots.

The best soldiers aren't the best shots.

The best paintballers aren't the best shots.

the coolest under fire aren't the best shots.

shooting paper does very little outside of shooting paper.

Having good vision is more important than shooting a dime at a hundred yards.
>>
>>29354515
>The overconfident range guys would look for the paintball guys

No they won't. Everyone panics and sits back their first time playing paintball. Newbies tend to shoot the longball when they're using shitting rental guns that are inaccurate at 10 yards let along half the field. They tend to never leave the start of the game. Veterans? They're rush you to contact, take chances, and go right in for the kill.

So again, I'll give this to target shooters who will be more likely to hang back, set up fire lanes (because that's what they're used to) while paintballers will do what they do best: rush to contact and hope they can outshoot their opponents.

>>29354583
>and and run around cod style instead of using defensive tactics

I know paintballers, I am one. The guys who frequently get blown the fuck out of the field are the military guys trying to apply military tactics to the field because they tend to sit still. Speedballers tend to dominate even in the woods with all they're flashy gear compared to a milsim guy lugging around a wookie and 20lbs of totally looks real markers.

The only guys I see using real tactics are old fucks like myself using pumps.
>>
>>29354602
Shit, I don't even have to do the work, you're doing it for me.
>>
>>29354599
>what exactly do you mean by tactics

Range guy spotted
>>
>>29354514
Paintballing was alot more helpful for learning how fucked MOUT situations can be than the Miles (laser tag that don't work) was. And I don't think I was at all useful in a MOUT situation after BRM. I'm saying this as someone who went from zero tactical or mechanical skill. Getting your head around safely firing at paper 50m away took alot less time than being getting even "not terrible" at MOUT. Seemed that way for everyone.

Painball is a great tool and I wish the military made more use of it.
>>
I want to know the outcome between a group of airsofters and a similarly aged group of paintballers. Autists v. Dudebros.
>>
File: 1449101588906.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449101588906.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Post yfw your Marine buddies and you go ruin the lives of beta males and 15 year olds at the local shitball field by mercilessly splattering them with paint
>>
>>29354609
not explaining what you are saying, because you have no clue what you are saying

thanks for playing, you lose
>>
File: g9e1Q1g.gif (2 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
g9e1Q1g.gif
2 MB, 380x214
>>29354606
K bud let me know when you have something to contribute :^)
>>
>>29354611
>>29354614

alright, this autism is just too much
>>
>>29354616
That's because military guys literally have battle and firearm experience especially Marine guys. Your post literally proves nothing.
>>
>>29354599
Paintball kids make mallninjas look weak in their overuse of the word tactical. Personally, I cringe when I see people use it seriously
>>
>>29354598
>thinks you can only shoot at static ranges that have rules.
>>
>>29354618
What? you want me to sit here and explain fire team tactics to you?
>>
"autism, autism autism!"
>Montoya.jpg
>>
>>29354620
>muh contributions
Haven't been here to long?
>>
File: 1448229466646.jpg (28 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
1448229466646.jpg
28 KB, 480x357
>>29354623
>yfw you have no marine buddies to hang out with
>>
>>29354623
>getting this defensive

Whoa anon plz
>>
>>29354611
The military uses simunitions.
>>
>>29354623
You've admitted trained individuals can apply that training for great results in paintball.

Why do you think paintball can't be good training?

I will wait.
>>
>>29354623
>transferable skills only transfer one way

This entire thread in a nutshell
>>
>>29354626
If you want to give an advantage most range guys normally wouldn't have lets say the paintball guys get to use the AR- and the range guys get bolt actions with the same optics the Paintballers have.
>>
>>29354639
Sign up to be a Navy nurse. That way you can treat diseased Marine dicks everyday.
>>
>>29354646
lol not that I have ever seen, and we were SHITBIRD MPs, so we did MOUT shit constantly.

Maybe someone up my chain of command had a bad opinion of sims for some reason, but we only used miles, paintball, and "bang bang bang, you're dead." This was in 3 different companies, in 2 different battalions.
>>
>>29354664
The Navy uses it at VBSS school. On the ship we train with blue guns and saying "bang, bang"
>>
File: 1452273814886.jpg (143 KB, 960x696) Image search: [Google]
1452273814886.jpg
143 KB, 960x696
>>29354616
>>
>>29354686
He looks like a tacticool samurai.
>>
>>29353864
Range guys win. I play paintball, competitively, and it's absolutely not the same as shooting a gun. The way you hold the marker is entirely different than the way you'd hold a rifle, stances are different, tactics are in another world.

Anybody who is actually good at paintball knows how to play speedball. None of the tactics used therein are useful in a real, practical shooting situation. Snap shooting and lane control doesn't help when you have real targets that you can't throw lanes at.

Now, if you're a tacticooling idiot you suck at paintball anyway and all your "room clearing" skills are fucking useless. There's a reason tacticoolers are used to wipe the floor by speedballers.
>>
>>29354682
So what happens when a sim hits you in the face from 50m or less? I know my PD's wax bullets aren't exactly safe, but I also know they aren't the same as milsims.
>>
>>29354721
Woodsball>speedball

I think is it pretty obvious that this situation was about one group that uses real guns but has little working tactical experience and another group that has tactical experience (any paintball game other than fucking speedball). Don't get caught up in the semantics.
>>
>>29354168
We do use simunitions however. aka lipstick rounds.

Every 3 months or so I spend a few days at a FP trainer working on cqb with simunitions.
>>
>>29354753
>Don't get caught up in the semantics.
>Woodsball>speedball

Clearly you are.
>>
>>29354721
>good at paintball knows how to play speedball. None of the tactics used therein are useful in a real, practical shooting situation
Yeah, because speedball fucking sucks. Not everyone chokes down that shitcock, and you've only further evinced assertions I constantly make about speedball being worthless garbage (when talking pb that is).
>>
>>29354605
This holy shit. I've played paintball many times, haven't even shot a gun, and I still think paintballers would lose. The guys who are successful at paintball are the ones with special snowflake butterfly triggers who rush right out of the gate. They play aggressively. That kind of shit would get you killed in an actual combat scenario.
>>
>>29354768
Read a book retard, they aren't just semantics because they're different things. If you just want to argue then fuck off. The semantics I was talking about was getting your knickers caught on paintball=speedball when obviously that isn't true. Would you say woodsball does not teach useful movement procedure?
>>
>>29354775
>all paintball is speedball
is as dumb as
>all range time is static targets at 50m
Please stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29354426
>western military soldiers move at a slower controlled pace, because slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Wrong. We are taught that violence of action is everything. This includes moving quickly; especially under fire.
>>
>>29353774
everyone who has posted in this thread that has taken an strong opinion one way or the other should be banned. This board would get exponentially better.

>truth is there are way too many variables to pick either.
>>
This is a video of Paintball guys going up against marine guys. What do you think a random group of range guys would be doing here?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGVwogTG7g
/thread #ARsAreEasyToShoot
>>
>>29354784
>Would you say woodsball does not teach useful movement procedure?
Doesn't change the fact speedballers are better at woodsball. Trees and bushes are no different than giant inflatable dildos.
>>
File: 1453975540012.gif (2 MB, 390x261) Image search: [Google]
1453975540012.gif
2 MB, 390x261
>>29354830
>>29354426
Both of you retards are wrong and right.

The stupid quotes you're parroting BOTH mean that you move as fast as you reliably can.

Being slower when you can be faster is dumb, but so is falling on your face while clearing a house because you were going too fast to keep situational awareness and fell over a tripwire. And also you're who squad is blown up now.
>>
>>29354790
>Won't argue the point.
>Woodsball isn't speedball!
>Guys stop it! I'm a real military guy with my X7 +20lbs of ass and pussy to make me look like I'm in the military
>we use military tactics we're better than speedballers!
>>
>>29354841
>lying on the internet
For what purpose?
>>
If imagine whichever team got the flank first would win. Most likely the paintball guys. The range guys with almost zero experience would likely focus on the covering fire and get wrecked.
>>
>>29354854
are you okay?
>>
>>29354772
Found milsimer.
Have fun playing dressup in your glorified LARP games. I wipe the floor with guys dressed in camo out in the woods, and I wear a tie die tank top.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 3000x3000
>>29354840
>>
>>29354867
Speedballers are better at paintball than woodsballers
>>
>>29354882
Depends on where they are playing.
>>
>>29354841
>Trees and bushes are no different than giant inflatable dildos
Wrong. But also
>playing in a real world setting is totally the same as playing in small, closed in arena which no one can exit where both teams start at symmetrical predetermined areas of the arena, everytime

Speedball is cancer.
>>
>>29354888
Everywhere, anon. Snap shooting and field control is a vital skill. Minimizing how much you're exposed is one of the most important parts
>inb4 "all they do is shoot a ton and hit nothing!"
I play speedball with a pump and 10 round tubes.
>>
>>29354882
Only in a speedball arena, which is even more pathetic than arena football.

Do you not understand that you can't maneuver realistically in speedball? If you suddenly had no out of bounds area, a smart shooter would get the fuck away from those starting points and try to take a long flank. This is just basic shit. This is what woodsball is all about, and it is what makes woodsball (and definitely not speedball) useful for training.

Hell even MOUT village stuff has far more room to maneuver than shitty speedball.
>>
>>29354889
>knowing how to control a lane doesn't matter
>snap shooting doesn't matter
>communication doesn't matter
>making the right bumps doesn't matter
Man the tacticoolers are butthurt today.
Last I checked you fags get rekt by speedballers in the woods too.
Btw, not all speedball courts are symmetrical.
>>
>>29354905
>run the way fuck out into nowhere
>where there aren't any bunkers
>use the spectators for cover
A+ idea woodsballer.
>>
>>29354905
And another thing, the starting point being so close is already terrible. Speed ball focuses on just a small section of what is important in fighting, namely snap shooting. And what situation does speedball teach for? When do you just roll up to 20m away from your OP4 with no firing, get setup and then you start fighting?

You'd only ever get that close to eachother after a lot of fighting anyway, or something other than what speedball can replicate.

Speedball is the Call of Duty of paintball, small maps, ridiculous circumstances, and no basis in realism. It only exist for wannabe adrenaline junkies to do reflex shots at other people. Very little to learn that couldn't be done better in a wide open area or village scenario (with obviously no out of bound bullshit).

I guess I'm saying that just because speedball is shit for teaching good fighting skills does not make all paintball bad for the same.
>>
>>29354928
>namely snap shooting
>roll up to 20m away from your OP4 with no firing

Just likes woodsball!
>>
>>29354919
>spectators as cover
Works for palestine, but I can tell you're just trying to seem retarded.

I'm surprised you haven't suggested some even more ridiculous extrapolation/deliberate misinterpretation yet.
>>
File: But+that_s+Wrong[1].jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
But+that_s+Wrong[1].jpg
5 KB, 150x150
>>29354946
>>
>>29354954
>there's no snapshooting in woodsball
>Woodsball markers totally shoot further than speedball markers
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x371
>>29354168
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fPeMWVnbo
>>
>>29354851
That's basically what slow is smooth and smooth is fast means. Not get contacted and be slow as fuck to react. You don't go running into a firefight like some ISIS fucker just firing in the general direction of the enemy.

>>29354830
Context. If you're ambushed at close range and you're pretty much fucked, then sure assault and rush through them because you'll be dead anyways.

>>29354446
>big space
Then the range guys would be at a advantage regardless since they know something about marksmanship.
>>
>>29354928
How you actually look woodsballing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjEHlByN5c
>>
>>29354985
>range guys walking across open field in big group
>advantage

spotted the range soldier
>>
>>29354985
I get the sneaking suspicion you don't have experience in any of the things you're talking about. Were you in the military or a PD? Situation dictates, sometimes you DO run at the objective firing, sometimes you do provide your own covering fire. The quote just means don't go so fast that you fuck up, whetehr that means reloading like a spaz an smashing the new mag into the bottom of the rifle 5 times at the speed of light before you get it right, or moving through an area so quickly you trip up.

I don't care to argue with you anymore, you seem like your lecturing through someone else's notes.

And speedball a shit.

>>29354968
You implied woodsball starts with groups 20m apart as a rule, like speedball. That is not true.
>>
>>29355013
Even if I was just a range soldier, I'd know that someone who does know how to use there weapon and aim it properly versus someone who doesn't will still have a good chance. You're also assuming the range guys would be retarded enough to move across an open field. It's common sense that you just wouldn't do that.
>>
>>29353774

Then people who shoot real gats

The paintballers probably wouldn't deal with the recoil
>>
>>29353774
There would be no difference.

When either team is faced with getting shot for real, both will basically hunker down and hide behind the best cover they can find.

Paintball "training" is ultimately useless, because you know that you won't die screaming.

Both teams will probably have friendly fire deaths from panic.
>>
>>29355090
>implying paint ball guys don't know what a firing lain is and what sort of offensive defensive positions are good for the situation. Range guys lose in a epic fashion assuming they have close to zero experience in tactics.

>>29354859
>>29354840
>>
>>29355049
>you seem like your lecturing through someone else's notes.

You mean repeating what I've been told in training? We're not even in much of a disagreement. "Don't go so fast that you fuck up" is what I mean.

>MOSID 00010
>>
File: 1458720839788.gif (774 KB, 276x220) Image search: [Google]
1458720839788.gif
774 KB, 276x220
>>29354916
>>29354841
>Last I checked you fags get rekt by speedballers in the woods too
I've never heard anyone claim this ever.

>>29354968
>>Woodsball markers totally shoot further than speedball markers
Many do... Some people can get some impressive ranges for a paintball, and some people even buy/make specially made long range markers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Kt4_cIHe8

But most importantly for range, better paintballs are available to really take advantage of a well made marker.

Simply, yes some markers out range others, especially when most people use the same low quality paintballs.
>inb4 that don't count because they used a better marker AND better paintballs!
>>
>>29355075
Of an AR15?
>>
>>29355115
I'd assume the range guys would be overconfident as hell too and this thread only makes me believe that more.
>>
>>29355150
Yeah but the speedball FAGGOTS also shit it up.

Thinking about this, most woodsballers I know are police or military. Maybe this says something about it? I mean real woodsball games, not a couple kids fucking around in the wood lot next to a retention pond. These guys even bring vehicles, paint nades, sometimes they have aircannon artillery too.

If that's what the paintballers in the OP did, i would definitely bet on them. If they were just faggy speedballers though, I'd say they'd get fucked in the butt hard and put away dead.
>>
Alright, I never used paintball gun in my life. Have fired and trained with AR's for work purposes.

I would have to say there's not enough information to make a final decision. The paint ballers have basic firearm experience from their childhood, but what kind of firearm experience? Experience with shotguns and pistols still did not prepare me 100% for AR15's.

Then the range shooters should be proficient at shooting accurately since they go every week, but it does not specifically say they're marksman. Again, from experience, you can shoot a lot and still suck. And they might of played as kids, but that means fuck all.

Without more information this thread is just a pissing match between regular paint ballers and range shooters.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.