[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SA-18 Grouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Also known as the 9K38 IGLA.
Just wondering if anyone can give me insight into this weapon or websites for information. I mostly am interested in the strengths and weaknesses of this weapon.
>>
>>29351209
http://defense-update.com/products/s/sa-18.htm
>>
>>29351471
Doesnt give much information. I guess I want more of an analysis of the weapon. Strengths and weaknesses
>>
>>29351209
>>29351949

Jesus Christ, anon. How hard can it be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K38_Igla

Figure it out.
>>
File: TgWBHJ9_zpsd3f019bf.jpg (80 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
TgWBHJ9_zpsd3f019bf.jpg
80 KB, 453x604
seeing as how the separatists have forced the ukrainian military to resort to shelling the fuck out of areas instead of using air support id say its pretty effective
>>
>>29353116

You forgot the separatists BUK missiles :)
>>
>>29351209
Strengths:
Cheap
Not high maintenance compared to other Anti tank missiles
Training is not expensive unless hohols
Can be used to intercept Cruise Missiles
Cheap

Weakness:
Igla-S is only used for Tail Chase engagements when used as a MANPAD, only when paired with a digital optics and guidance mount like Gibka, or probably also Strelets, can it be used for Head on engagements against PGMs.
Not digital based like Verba MANPAD, it cannot link to a network linked radar to provide guidance like the Verba, which gives the Verba Head On engagement capabilities when used as a MANPAD and also gives feedback to SIGMA
Verba is 10% heavier but is 15% to 20% better in range, speed and ceiling.
Igla is actually useless when you have air superiority
Igla is Russian, this is one glaring weakness.
>>
File: wthitler.jpg (45 KB, 587x410) Image search: [Google]
wthitler.jpg
45 KB, 587x410
>>29353723
>>
Tell me about the Igla! Why does it have the squeeze ball.
>>
>>29353897
That's the battery
>>
>>29353720
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
t. Netherlands
>>
>>29353897
To relieve your stress when Allah fails to guide your missile to its target.
>>
>>29351209
Causes so much buttrage in bf3 that private servers ban it so kids can play Topgun.
>>
>>29354429
>Allah failing
brb bombing your local airport

>gov't pls no bully
>>
>>29353723
>
Thanks!

Any thoughts on how this weapon will evolve in the future? Im also curious as to how the manpad is transported. Just carried by soldiers (how many)? I understand its 1 man operated though.
I can not find information that answers the details. All the resources I find just repeat the same statements.
>>
>>29353723
>Igla-S is only used for Tail Chase engagements when used as a MANPAD
No. Just like any IR guided MANPAD you can use it anyway you like. The Pk is lower though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.