[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is objectively more deadly: a heavy blunt weapon such as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
What is objectively more deadly: a heavy blunt weapon such as a warhammer or mace, or a bladed weapons like a knife or sword?
>>
Depends on the arm swinging it.
>>
Depends on your opponent. A man in plain clothes? Sword. A man wearing light armor such as boiled leather or layered felt? An axe. A fully armored man in full plate? A mace
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>29349078
>>
None of them, they all depend on context and are not objectively the best.

C'mon son.
>>
File: imgres-17.jpg (8 KB, 376x134) Image search: [Google]
imgres-17.jpg
8 KB, 376x134
>>29349031
ar15
>>
File: PSA_Stewie.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PSA_Stewie.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
>>29349031
>more deadly.

There is no such thing. Dead is dead, there is no more dead than dead, and deadly is deadly, there is no more deadly than that.
>>
>>29349031
Depends on the context. There is no such thing as "no context".
>>
>>29349160
I think what OP meant was which will kill a person faster and is more versatile.
>>
>>29349031
All of those were common weapons for a very long time, so it stands to reason that they're all pretty damn effective. People are smart regardless of what year it is, especially when it comes to killing each other.
>>29349083
This too.
>>
>>29349083
>Light armor
>Boiled leather or layered felt
Sword would still go though easy.

>>29349031
OP it depends on the skill and strength of the user, armor of the opponent, and the situation.
A completely unskilled combatant would be able to use a mace much easier than a sword.
If the combatant were more skilled, he could use a sword.
If he were very skilled, he would still be able to fight a fully plate armored foe by stabbing though the gaps in the armor(under arms, back of legs, eye slots, etc.)
If in formation, a spear would be much more efficient due to extended reach.

TL;DR: there is no objectively best weapon, you change what you use for what situation you're likely to encounter
>>
>>29349031
The sword is the most versatile, the axe hits the hardest, and the mace is the easiest to use.

I'll be honest, I don't really get the mace. I mean, yes, it's meant as an anti-armor weapon but at the same time a warhammer does the same thing and it's more versatile.
>>
>>29349893
>the axe hits the hardest
Wat.

>and the mace is the easiest to use
Wat.
>>
>>29350300

Plebes gonna plebe anon
>>
>>29349031
in most common situations? a medium length blunt object, they tend to get instant results on kill shot vs none kill shot.

axes are a bit of a mix between a bladed object and a blunt object in practice and would be the most deadly against unarmored peoples
>>
>>29349893
life is not oblivion.
>>
>>29349031
I guess a mace, especially flanged or with spikes, has the most scenarios to be used effectively closely followed by an axe then a sword.
You can bash through metal armor, and cause damage through cloth armor with a mace, and duh for an unarmored target
You can chop metal armor slightly and nicely damage cloth armor and just normal clothes with an axe
Unless you know a wide variety of sword techniques and have the right type of sword for the thrust, you'll have a bad time with metal armor and even thick enough cloth if your sword's tip isn't pointed enough, and don't even bother trying to cut metal armor with a sword. Good for un/lightly armored targets however. Exceedingly good.
>>
>>29350535
>have the right type of sword for the thrust, you'll have a bad time with metal armor and even thick enough cloth if your sword's tip isn't pointed enough
>thick enough cloth if your sword's tip isn't pointed enough
who the fuck tries to thrust when the opponent is wearing cloth. Besides, unless you have a really shitty sword (katana, other curved swords) then youll be able to stab through cloth pretty easy, given its sharpened right. A gambeson has a chance to stop a blade, due to its padded quilted cloth, but its not pure cloth so its not really the same.
>>
File: jimcleeseonstupid.gif (1 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
jimcleeseonstupid.gif
1 MB, 350x197
>>29349221
>I think what OP meant was which will kill a person faster and is more versatile

Well that's two questions that the OP didn't actually ask but let's humor you.

Which will kill a person faster? None of them. Weapons don't kill people, people kill people, doh.

As another poster said there is no such thing as no context. As Tim Leary always said of drugs, so too of weapons - set, setting, and dosage man.

Probably the fastest death is decapitation, and the axe is the best weapon for that, sure, if we are talking execution not battle.

But in battle? It not only depends on which weapon the person holding it is most comfortable with, but also what the other guy is wearing, what he's using as a weapon, how many other guys, etc.

It's like asking which is better, an orange or a grapefruit? Seriously, you tell me, which is 'better?'

FFS.
>>
>>29350700
Oranges are better tho.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.