[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rifled Muskets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: rifled musket.jpg (43 KB, 1419x450) Image search: [Google]
rifled musket.jpg
43 KB, 1419x450
This is a pretty unusual thing to ask but does anyone know how to make one?

With the strict gun control in europe it's hard to get firearms and guides for making them are all about making sub-machine guns with smooth bore barrels that are basically just rapid fire muskets anyway since they can't hit anything. And they require proper ammunition which you can't get.

Rifled muskets using a minie ball can hit a man reliably 200m so they're pretty good and it's a muzzle loader so it can be produced really easily compared to modern weapons. For ammunition you just need lead and casts, black powder and simple shock sensitive explosives for percussion caps and all of those things are unrestrictable because they can be produced at home.

And then if you can make those reliably you could move on to revolvers which negate the slow reload speed of black powder weapons by allowing you to load a bunch of cylinders in advance and then switch them out during battle to reload.

To be honest I think it's a great plan.
>>
>Shot in a restaurant

>Muzzle-loading rifle all but worthless

>"Great plan"
>>
>>29348379

Well obviously you wouldn't CC a musket, it's more for home defense and armed rebellion.

You could make a nice black powder revolver and carry it though
>>
>>29348362
>Rifled Muskets
oxymoron, there is no such thing. If is rifled its a rifle and therefore its no longer a musket.
>>
>>29348362
are you sure muzzleloaders are even restricted in your country? Many countries dont even consider them firearms
>>
There's kits out there. To make one? Buy a barrel then go from there. Don't try to drill out a metal rod.
>>
>>29348671

Muzzleloading rifles are generally referred to as "rifled-muskets"
>>
>>29348362
Black powder is not easy to mix yourself. Ever seen the mythbusters fail at it? Also saltpeter isn't easy to get in quantity.
>>
>>29349167
By morons.
>>
>>29348396
>You wouldn't CC a musket
YOU wouldn't
>>
Honestly I think you'd be better off building up a powerful airgun. It could fire faster and be easier to make when you consider having to make powder.
>>
>>29348671

Rifled muskets are a thing, they are loaded and used like muskets but they are rifled to give increased accuracy
>>
>>29348876

Yes they are. Unrifled muskets need a shotgun license, rifled muskets need a full license, revolvers need a full license.
>>
>>29350900

Nope, it's the historical definition you spack
>>
>>29354657
Jesus Christ do you live in bongland?
It would probably be easier to smuggle a musket from a EU contry that isn't retarded as much as GB
Come to Poland I'll buy one for you
>>
>>29348671

You're a fucking idiot, rifle-muskets are definitely a thing
>>
>>29348362
Depending on what yurocuck shithole you're in, black powder weapons may already be legal, of not unregulated.

Something the bongs do is convert cheap revolvers with capped BP cylinders so they can shoot pistols without needing a foot long barrel and a urethral sound taped to the grip

Also where are you that YouTube is banned? Hand rifling jigs and the plans for such are everywhere. Breach loading BP and revolver carbines are pretty darn effective.
>>
>acquire a musket with a one inch bore
>load with rifled 12 guage slugs
>profit
>>
>>29355579

Yep. I know smuggling would be easier but if I'm going to smuggle I might as well smuggle in automatic weapons rather than messing around with muskets. I want to make black powder weapons because you can do that with any real risk of being caught.

>>29355632

Nope they are regulated.

I know it's easy to find out how to rifle a barrel but what I really need is good instructions on how to make the receiver of the breach or muzzle loading black powder weapons.
>>
>>29355802
>I need to know how to make a breach plug
Step 1: make a breach plug
Step 2: screw it into the barrel
Look at an exploded view of a charville musket or something. A matchlock or piezoelectric triggered muzzle loader would be simple assuming you can get or make a barrel.

You a crim or something m8? Just get your BP license and buy a pietta revolver. It'd be easier, cheaper. And just as illegal to buy an old tok from a Serbian guy than to get the tools to make a muzzle loaded pipe rifle.

What most do
>get shotgun license
>acquire state legal target loads
>pop those puppies open and load em up with larger shot or a slug
>buy black pipe
>slam-bang shotgun.jpg
>keep it secret keep it safe.jpg
>use it on dune coons to stave off the European caliphate when the time comes
>>
>>29354667
Exactly, uneducated morons back in the day.
>>
>>29355903

Criminals don't use black powder weapons, too much effort. I'm going to get a license anyway once I'm living somewhere I can put a wall mounted locker in but I think a weapon that doesn't require complicated production or proper ammunition could be useful if the people rebel and it's looking like we might need to.
>>
>>29348362
>rifled
>musket
Anon, I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

There is no such thing as a rifled musket. (unless you squint really hard at combination shotgun rifles)
>>
>>29356223
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifled_musket
Since the militaries of the world used the term for over a century ,right up into the 1910's, it's kind of hard to understand how you couldn't know this.
>>
File: 1455583432791.jpg (623 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1455583432791.jpg
623 KB, 3264x2448
>>29352338
BAN ASSAULT MUSKETS!
>>
>>29356241
Well played. I always thought they referred to them as muzzle loaded rifles.
>>
>>29348362
Just buy on in Germany. They are free to buy if you are 18
>>
>>29356032
A slam-bang shotgun and some illegally obtained ammunition would be easier to assemble and functionally better than a black powder rifle. If you can buy 12ga flares in your country you have a source of hulls to load up shotshells for it.
>>
My grandfather use to manufacture rifle barrels. You need a rifling machine. It's basically a huge reamer that controls the number of twists for a given length. A lock can be made in a metal-workshop, a simple percussion cap would work reliably. A stock can be made with wood working tools. Getting the rifling right is actually the hardest bit. My grandfather used to have books of tables for the different rifling values depending on bore and barrel length.
>>
>>29356825

Functionally better than a .70 bullet?
>>
https://youtu.be/lui6uNPcRPA
>>
>>29357111
Yes.
>>
>>29357139

Even though it is accurate at 200m?
>>
>>29357111
>Is a .69 caliber lead slug fired by modern propellant from a centerfire mechanism with a modern primer better than a .70 caliber round ball propelled by handmade piss and charcoal BP single shot matchlock
Do I really need to answer that question?

Black pipe bangstick and 12ga flares loaded with flash powder and ball bearings m8. Will lay out a muzzie at hallway distances easily. Just test it with a triple load out innawoods to make sure it won't pipebomb on you.

Oh, also pipe bombs. Take your homebrew BP and some nails, add a fuse and throw it at akmed. IRA up in this bitch
>>
>>29357159
Yep.
>>
>>29357185

I mean I was thinking more shot as in shotgun rather than a slug since I'm pretty sure slugs are illegal here so they would be homemade and at that point it isn't really any better than a rifled musket since shotguns are smoothbore.
>>
>>29357520
If you have the resources to make a black powder rifle, you have the resources to make a kickass rifled slam bang shotgun. Look up the cobray terminator and pretty much copy it.
>200 yards
Minute of infantry regiment at 200 yards maybe. Most people use muzzle loaders at 50-75 yards deer hunting, same ranges as using shotgun slugs with a rifled shotgun. A modern production hawken rifle is a 4-6moa gun at best.
>>
>>29357520
>I'm pretty sure slugs are illegal here
>asking advice on how to circumvent his laws by making an illegal firearm as easily as possible
The cuck runs deep. Borrow someone's lathe to make "custom telescoping stool legs" out of 4140 tempered round stock and stock up 12ga flares. Figure out how to get your hands on smokeless powder or start buying saltpeter, BBQ charcoal, and sulfur in cash from different retailers in different cities, then cast wheel weights into .69 caliber slugs.
>>
>>29348396
>Well obviously you wouldn't CC a musket

well spoken

OP should make a musketoon
>>
i was reading that during the civil war, ranges beyond 500yds were actually pretty common and some got shots off in the 800yd range.
>>
>>29358078
>what is volley firing from Napoleonic infantry blocks at other Napoleonic infantry blocks
The US civil war was one of the first "modern" wars. Having 100 people stand in a square and fire at another square of people doesn't work when each square is sending 600rpm downrange with accuracy good enough to hit something in a 50ft by 50ft area at 500 yards.
>>
>>29357928

Because they are using smoothbore muzzleloaders, rifled muskets had ridiculously good range compared to them

>>29357966

They're illegal so if I'm going to be making the ammo anyway I might as well make actual bullets instead of slugs and a rifled weapon instead of a pipe with a smaller pipe inside it
>>
I keep forgetting to use my name but oh well.

If you are wondering why buying weapons and ammo is a bad idea

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/03/21/every-rifle-club-member-in-the-uk-is-now-on-a-database-with-terrorists/

That's why
>>
>>29358190
>because they are using smoothbores
No they aren't. Your understanding of rifled muzzleloaders is well... Yuropoor tier.
>its illegal so if I'm going to be ______ing anyway, I might as well make a machinegun
Ftfy

The steps to load a 12ga flare into a shotgun slug are as long as those to make .70 caliber miniballs, with the added benefit of being able to "load your musket" on advance several dozen times, not to mention the benefit of modern centerfire primers.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.