[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question, /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
Is it okay to start chatting up a cop about their gun?
>>
>>29347901

they never seem to mind if you dont act like a sperg about it, i wouldnt start the conversation with that though
>>
I've asked a number of officers about what guns they carry and whether it's department issued or their own gun and stuff like that, never had any indication that they were nervous or annoyed or whatever so I doubt it's a big deal.
>>
File: 1382583945007.jpg (24 KB, 503x641) Image search: [Google]
1382583945007.jpg
24 KB, 503x641
...Just....don't. Am a cop, had this conversation:

>>Fud: Herr derr what do you carry? A 9mm?
>>Me: Glock 22 .40 cal.
>>Fud: You think they would issue youse a 'Merican made gun.
>>Me: [Ohboyherewego] Glocks are made in the USA. Georgia in fact.
>>Fud: oh....
>>Me: Have a nice day.
>>
>>29347901
Yeah, usually no problem. Cops love to talk about guns with people who show interest. In fact, you should try to fiddle with his gun, just to prove how interested you really are. Just reach for it if you get the chance.
>>
Don't EVER talk to cops,op. Not even if they talk to you first.
>>
>>29348253

Top. Fucking. Kek.

OP do this it will be quite a laugh.
>>
In a gun store is seems to be OK. Just walking up to a cop on his beat is not. I work at a motorcycle shop and talk to cops a lot. I never bring it up there. Just my 2 cents.
>>
File: practice_in_theory.jpg (202 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
practice_in_theory.jpg
202 KB, 800x600
>>29347901
In theory it's perfectly fine, as long as neither of you are incredible dipshits.

In practice, it's kind of dangerous. Because of high probability one or the other of you is incredible dipshit, essentially.

As someone else said, it's generally not wise to talk to cops anymore than absolutely required. Even the DA will try to avoid it.
>>
>>29348185
Heheh I can see a disenhartened fudd walking away with his head down. His whole world has just been shattered.
>>
I did this once a while ago. 3 white male cops came into a gas station along with one BBW Shaneequa cop. All the men had glocks, Shaneequa had an old fucking .357 so I just made a comment about it. I don't even remember what, but thae all laughed.
>>
>>29347901
>Chatting up a cop
>About anything
Bad idea.
>>
>>29348268
This. Nothing good can ever come from a conversation with a cop.
>>
>>29348268
>>29348933
Degenerate pieces of shit detected
>>
>>29348943
I worked taking crown vics to cop cars for a couple years and there are good cops and bad ones. Some just can't turn it off. I don't talk to cops when they are on duty. Nothing good has ever come from it.
>>
>>29349821
This. Cops are mostly normal people out of uniform. A few good ones, a few pieces of shit, the rest just have a job. In uniform, though, they're cops. The bigger the city, the worse it is, but ultimately their job is to write tickets and get promotions by putting people in jail. Chances are any given cop at any given time is going to be a fine person, but its not worth the risk when they're on the clock.
>>
Ask a Pennsylvania State Police Trooper why they switched to SIG from Glock.

> Hint: Don't ask their wives
>>
>>29347901
Not uniform because they're on duty. It's the same as walking up to a guy running heavy machinery and just start talking to him in the middle of his work shift.
>>
File: 1455940322615.jpg (86 KB, 436x684) Image search: [Google]
1455940322615.jpg
86 KB, 436x684
>>29348185
>>>Me: [Ohboyherewego] Glocks are made in the USA. Georgia in fact.
>>
>>29349945
smyrna, ga
>>
>>29350093
The frames, yes. The slides and other parts are produced in Austria.
>>
File: 1454741356472.jpg (93 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1454741356472.jpg
93 KB, 375x523
>>29350130
When I took the armorer class in Dec of 2015, we were told that all current production USA guns are now made entirely in the USA. Initially it was just the frames, and barrels (?), then slides and everything else.

Hope I remembered right.
>>
>>29348943
Go talk to a cop, cocksucker.
>>
>>29347901
depends on the situation and >>29347909
if we're at a gun store or responding to a call (and everything has gone smoothly) you can bring it up. We hear it a lot
>what kind is that
>is it heavy
>have you ever shot it
>is it loaded
and that's not even counting the mall ninjas who want to talk shop and try to show off with their "knowledge" like its going to impress me. Its an issued gun, I get what I get. I don't give a good hot damn about lol .40 sucks, glocks are boring. Just talk about it like you would your new iphone
>>
one time i talked to a Statie(ohio) about his gun.

>be me
>coming home from a 24hr gym, 3am saturday
>pulled over for going 8 over the speed limit
>cop asks if i'd been drinking
>say no, apologize for speeding.
>says to slow 'er down and get home safe
>Ask if he carries a p226 because Statie
>says yes, shoots the shit for a minute about how much we like our sigs.
>go home

he seemed pretty chill about it, but it was a pretty harmless question, and he seemed happy to answer. plus, what type of question would you guys have about a cop's gun if you can see it in the holster? from what i've seen, most departments use full-size glocks or M&Ps chambered in .40s&w. what is there to ask?
>>
>be EMT
>sitting in break room of ER
>old cop at the edge of requirement talking about guns
>ask him what he carries
>"i don't even know, I really like it though. Some kind of .45 let me check"
>pulls gun out in crowded break room
>"ah yeah, M&P in .45, I love this gun!"
>re holsters

Pretty nice cop but usually cops (where I am from) are always cool with ambulance crews

Outside of work I don't banter with cops unless I know them
>>
File: U Wot M8.jpg (55 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
U Wot M8.jpg
55 KB, 500x447
>>29352194
>edge of requirement
>>
>>29347901
I did this in high school freshman year. He became my homie. I also talk to my Jujitsu instructor about it who also happens to be a cop. They're usually really cool about it.
>>
>>29348943
Bootlicking faggot detected

I always open with "nice glock pig"
>>
>>29348943
Pig detected
>>
>>29347901
I have a couple of cop friends that are gun nuts.

Off the clock, if you talk about guns, it turns into a show and tell of whats in the back of their crusier, or their competition guns (two are on the dept's PPC team).

On duty...I think it's probably not a great idea.

I was out on a boat a few years ago, and DNR (Dept of Natural Resources - state agency) "pulled" us in the river for a life vest and other safety equipment check. We had the life vests, but they wantes to see a signal device. While my friend was frantically searching for anything, I kept asking them how their glocks were holding up to life on the river. They were clearly annoyed by me, but I was just trying to buy time. Lucky for us, as they were about to write a ticket, one of the girls asked of her rape whistle counted, and they let us go about our business.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.