[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the highest strength bodyarmor I can wear covertly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: CeJmBBaVIAAJdWv.jpg (142 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
CeJmBBaVIAAJdWv.jpg
142 KB, 600x1067
What's the highest strength bodyarmor I can wear covertly to protect myself from attacks like those in Belgium today?

Covert only please, not looking at walking around in a plate carrier.
>>
Covertly? Threat level IIIa.
>>
>>29347197
keep in mind that many body armors are designed to stop bullets, not shrapnel.

that being said, I'm guessing you could go with a soft armor vest rated IIIa like>>29347222
said with a slot for a plate in it already so you have that as an option. IIIa should be capable of stopping anything short of an intermediate rifle caliber (like 5.56).

Just remember that soft armor is pretty shit against anything sharp, you can stab through them without much trouble. They're good at stopping things with lots of energy.
>>
>>29348306
None. Bombs went off anon. It wasnt a mass shooting.
>>
>>29348318
yes, I know. but I don't know how else op could armor himself from a blast or shrapnel, so I tried to contribute what I could.
>>
>>29347197
IIIa would stop a lot of shrapnel that might kill you, the problem is that you can't really get it over enough of you easily. a vest gets your back and front, but not your vulnerable upper thighs, sides, neck and head.

I would prefer to just avoid places likely to be bombed during times which they are very likely to be bombed instead. Bombs are dangerous. Survive them by not being there when they pop.
>>
>>29347197
Just get a IIIa vest and tourniquets. It will protect your vitals and everything else but the head you can cut blood flow to. Its not 100% but its pretty close and its the only thing that is practical.
>>
>>29347197
where are all the advertisements and corporate logos? that street looks bland
>>
>>29347197
>>29347197
Just stay away from migrants in areas highly susceptible to be target to a bombing and you'll be good. Trust only those that you are close well, and keep a distance from the No Go Zones. I don't care how racist I sound, but if its my life over political correctness, be my guest. Oh and stay away from Jews or Jewish own stores, Radical Muslims hate Jews and they're one of the many prime targets besides populated/crowded areas
>>
>>29348506
>corporate logos
Its haram
>>
What's a good, yet cost effective IIIa vest and where do I get one?

Preferably with a slot like >>29348306 described, maybe a slot for concealing a handgun too
>>
>>29348461

Apply the tourniquet a few inches above the wound right? I understand it's only for arms and legs.
>>
>>29348511
Muslims aren't as dumb as niggers, they don't lash out in their own neighborhoods alone. They specifically target places with a lot of ethnic euros. The only way to avoid is to not go to crowded places and basically live secluded and in fear.
>>
>>29347197
Covert soft armor isn't going to protect you from a bomb blast, yo.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-23-49-21.png (256 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-23-49-21.png
256 KB, 1080x1920
Does this one look good? I'm guessing the stab and spike level would protect against shrapnel.
>>
>>29348677
I'm not just talking about suspected terrorists, those guys act like a pack of niggers when it comes to robbing and assualts. Whether it be one on one or ten to one
>>
File: Bomb8[2].jpg (85 KB, 580x764) Image search: [Google]
Bomb8[2].jpg
85 KB, 580x764
>>
>>29348706
Unless you wear an 80s powersuit all day those shoulders are going to print like a motherfucker.
>>
>>29348729
It is called an Italian Cut suit jacket.

Politicians and other still wear them today, when they need to look powerful.
>>
>>29348706
Keep in mind that soft armor is not comfortable by any normal standard. You'll be sweating your ass off all day under it, especially a 3a (which is not even considered "covert", that's the role of 2a or 2). After a few days of wearing it, I'd be highly surprised if you don't start leaving it at home.
>>
File: tmyk.gif (39 KB, 304x200) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.gif
39 KB, 304x200
>>29348746
okay
>>
>>29348746
American cuts are far better for concealability, because they're boxy and loose. Italian cuts are supposed to be tight and form-fitting, which will highlight the vest.
>>
>>29348729
Good thing I still have my suit from 83' because this is a perfect excuse.
>>
>>29348757
pansy.

I wore a level III vest with esapi plates front back and sides. every fucking god damned cursed green weenie fucking me in the ass day, for 300 days or so of my deployment with 3rd ID.
>>
>>29348707
It's not going to get any better. What you guys need to do is hit that reset button on your governments. They've explicitly failed to protect you.
>>
>>29348770
you don't pad shoulders in american cuts.

Go for a three piece suit. so your can wear the vest visible, disguised as the waist coat.
>>
File: kotex-tampons__oPt.jpg (22 KB, 450x407) Image search: [Google]
kotex-tampons__oPt.jpg
22 KB, 450x407
>>29347197
Pic related
>>
Or you can remember that your odds of being killed in a terrorist bombing are less than your odds of winning the lottery and then being struck by lightning on your way to collect your winnings and work to mitigate statistically probable/possible things. Wear your seatbelt, don't drive after the bars close, avoid smoked meats, exercise 3 times a week...
>>
>>29348832
must be a lot of lottery winners and lightning strike victims, in europe then.
>>
Overpressure and shrapnel to extremities would have killed you regardless of what you were wearing in most situations.
>>
>>29348867
When there are millions of people living in an area, a one in a million event can happen to quite a few people.
>>
>>29348832

161 people in Europe have been killed in terrorist attacks in the last 5 months...

It's not paranoia anymore.
>>
>>29348832
True. Very true.
Don't smoke, too.
>>
>>29347197
none. nearly all concealable vests have zero shrapnel or blast protection. the best you can hope for is a very fucking obvious IIIA vest (like the kind worn by cops under their uniform blouse).

stab vests do next to nothing for blast and offer little shrapnel protection - stab vest work by having a layer of kevlar pockets and weaving that dull the blade and prevent insertion of sharp objects. they don't offer any real protection against bullets at all.

a stab vest up to "level 3" can resist 40 something joules of energy, whereas lethal shrapnel from grenades can reach upwards of 300 joules.

the CSPBA is one of the better stab vests on the market and one of the few that can also handle bullets, but it's bullet resistance is mediocre (pistol rounds) and the stab properties are likewise only above average (level 2). it does little against shrapnel.
>>
>>29348721
what's on his wrist?
>>
>>29348977
robot and suit controller (lights, et c)
>>
>>29347222
he could get away with a level 4 stand alone with a low pro carrier under a hoodie
>>
Is having a covert vest that can stop 7.62x39mm (AK47) and also stop shrapnel impossible?
>>
>>29348306
>not good at stopping sharps

this depends on the material and weave

some materials and weaves will stop things they arent rated for, like a sharps vest stopping low velocity rounds and vice versa, though you'd have to do research

also, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence about vests stopping a while lot of things that arent bullets
>>
>>29348832
Meh, it depends. Someone who commutes daily on a train in a major European city during rush hour has a slight chance of being blown up by terrorists versus my infinitesimally small chance. It's reasonable to look for ways to mitigate your risk in that situation, even if the OP has hit on a rather silly idea.

Using the struck by lightening analogy, it's reasonable to be concerned about being struck by lightening if your job is to paint the tower on top of the empire state building.
>>
>>29348910
35K die in car accidents in the us annually.
More kids die in gun accidents than adults killed by terrorists.
29K people in the US are injured by deer, with 130 killed every year...
24/year from bee or wasp stings.

Wearing body armor because you're afraid of terrorist bombs is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>29349057
Good thing they protect you against more than just terrorists.
>>
>>29349047
Your odds are higher of being killed by rush hour than by terrorists at rush hour.
Your odds are higher of getting lung cancer from being exposed to diesel exhaust.
The cumulative time you spend waiting at traffic lights, added across adult drivers, is far greater than the equivalent life times lost due to terrorism.
>>
>>29347197
IIa or IIIa vest with a chest slot for one of those yurocuck titanium hard plates for concealable vests. Then a nail bomb will only blow off your legs and dick.
>>
>>29349011

Level 4 plates, even front and back, will still leave his limbs, neck and head vulnerable. It's not like a gunman who will instinctively aim for center mass which happens to be directly at the plate, an explosion is indiscriminate.
>>
>>29348649
Apply the touriquet as high up the limb as you can
>>
>>29349043
kind of.

you're trying to do everything at once and bullets, knives, shrapnel, and blast all cause injury differently.

bullets concentrate tremendous energy into a single point, trying to either penetrate completely or mushroom and expend energy into a target to maximize soft tissue damage.

knives (and similar stabbing weapons) concentrate a small amount of force into a small cutting edge that requires both time and movements to deal damage. vests that protect well against bullets (by catching them and spreading the impact) are very poor against knives because they are easily cut. stab vests are very poor against bullets because the weaving and cut resistant stitching is very easily broken when catching a bullet.

hard armor is mostly stab resistant and is bullet resistant, but isn't concealable or flexible. you can make them that by using smaller plates and reducing the amount of protected areas covered.

bomb suits and diapers that protect from blast and shrapnel work by spreading the force through a very large area, by isolating the person from pressure waves as much as possible, and by having very dense media (lead powder or tungsten pellets) that catch and deform shrapnel.

shrapnel protection is either going to be very heavy, not protect against blast or other shrapnel injuries, or won't protect have any pressure isolation.

you can't have it all. and OP was asking for a concealable version thereof.
>>
>>29349074
>Your odds are higher of being killed by rush hour than by terrorists at rush hour.

I find it hard to believe the accidental death rate in Brussels from mass transit is that high.
>>
>>29349103
those plates will transfer blast pressure and crush his organs into pulp. there is a reason why bomb suits generally do not have large single plates, and have a way for air to escape the interior of the suit.
>>
>>29349147
Even if that WERE true he'd still have his brains scrambled by the blast wave in that case.
>>
>>29349163
i'm just pointing out that strong pressure changes and a floating plate in a vest can crush your rib cage. i've seen it happen.
>>
>>29347197
Best solution is not to let kebab into your borders.
>>
>>29349103
That is unless you go full autismo with the armor and get all the body except hands, head and feet covered like in the Notth Hollywood Shootout
>>
File: 192147068000202.gif (423 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
192147068000202.gif
423 KB, 248x200
>MFW reading about Complex Blast Injuries around a month before this happened.

Maybe just convert to Islam?
>>
>>29349074
MIDF in full force I see... Keep downplaying it. Why don't we all just stop carrying guns, or better yet stop owning them because the chance of them actually protecting us is sooo low?

Not OP buy I want armor for my security job, they've started putting me on some bad posts. Should I go with level 2 or 3 and what's a good brand? AR500 armor has a store right up the street from me, are they good to go?
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>
>>29349251
depending on environment. if you are close enough. only a hard pressure sealed suit will keep you from not dying from the blast wave alone.
>>
>>29349057
What he said....
>>
>>29350353
You can buy whatever you want, wear whatever you want, carry whatever you want. Not saying it isn't your right.

Just saying you're an idiot for doing it most of the time. Jesus, man. Its like carrying a big metal door over your head in case a meteor is going to hit you. Don't get me wrong, a meteor strike would be terrifying, and having a big slab of metal to protect yourself from them doesn't do you any good unless you actually carry it over your head every day...

Its just that you're retarded to massively and inconveniently modify your life to try to prevent something that has an astronomically low chance of it happening. And, if it did happen, probably wouldn't help anyway.

So, wear your ballistic armor every day if you want. Wear it when you shower in case muslim terrorists bust into your bathroom and snackbar all over you. But, you're retarded if you do.
>>
>>29348910
And tens of thousands of Western Europeans die in car crashes every year. OP is better off avoiding driving or riding in a car, and/or crossing the street, because that is far more likely to kill him.
>>
>>29348977
Controls for helmet light, blower fan speeds, comms, active hearing protection
> Med-Eng EOD-9
>>
>>29350576
Last I checked, that dress got btfo by islam
>>
>>29347197
> see down the whole street and not a single McDonald's or other fast food joint to feed the hungry masses

Wouldn't wanna live there
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.