[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are MAK-90's worth getting? A guy on armslist wants to trade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: mak90.jpg (380 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mak90.jpg
380 KB, 800x600
Are MAK-90's worth getting? A guy on armslist wants to trade his MAK90 for my modded PTR91 (about 1,300 value in my PTR)

His MAK90 is a pre ban 94'

Good deal or nah?
>>
>>29345154
he's adding $100 cash too
>>
>>29345163

What's so special about these? I think the stock is hideous but as a collector piece I don't get the appeal except for the fact that they are banned. I already have a WASR10
>>
They might go up in price but not 100% sure. There might be a ceiling to there price since you can get a WASR 10 for 600
>>
>>29345144
around where I live in Georgia I can get a mak all day for 800 bucks. Just bought a straight cut mak with thumbhole stock from a buddy for 650. No way in fuck is that a good trade unless he is putting up about 300-500 bucks (depending on which PTR you have) plus there is no such thing as a pre ban Mak, they are all post ban, hence the designation Modified AK '90. It would be a type 56 otherwise.
>>
>>29345242

ok thanks. yeah im seeing them on armslist for 650 he's bullshitting me. he says its worth up to 2k and showed me some of them on gunbroker for that much
>>
>>29345273
he's full of shit
>>
>>29345273
If it was a correct type 56 it would be worth 2k right after sandy hook. I just bought one of those for 1200 recently. The AK market is flooded with crazy deals right now.
>>
>>29345300

why are there so many MAK 90's on armslist between 1,000-1,500 though?

that's what he keeps telling me and its true, but there are also some on there for 700 with matching serial numbers and in good condition
>>
>>29345242
You can find preban mak 90s they're just rare as hen's teeth

The good thing about a mak 90 is that it was never anything but a true AK. Never a partsnkit and never a hack job. It was made to Chinese specs derived from the Russian stamped gun and is renowned the world over for build quality, durability and accuracy. A Chinese AK is kinda like the Cadillac. Nice bluing, nice triggers, great mags. They just work well.

The vast majority of them were brougth in and sold post 94 and so they had to either have 5 US made parts, or lack certain parts (pistol grip, buttstock, flash hider etc) that defined it as an assault weapon according to the 94 ban.

You can get rid of the thumbhole stock by configuring the gun correctly with well placed US made parts.

Far and away the best way to do this is to get a stock of your choice from Ironwood Designs, a magpul pistol grip, and a trigger group from ALG for a total of 5 parts.

The gold standard statesidebfor AKs is the arsenal/fime offering, and MAK 90s Trump them in quality and price.
>>
You might get $2k out of it in CT but $1200-1600 is more likely. Prebans are very accessible here atm.

Unless having a preban is important to you or you can flip it for more money I wouldn't.
>>
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4721537/oklahoma-rifles-for-sale--mak-90-norinco-sporter-ak47-
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4585440/new-haven-connecticut-rifles-for-sale--pre-ban-ak-47-mak-90-7-62x39-semi-auto-rifle

ones $700 ones $1,250

I don't live in CT i live in WV so thats not the issue
>>
Lol now he's offering $200 plus the MAK90 for my PTR
>>
>>29345346
A true pre ban Mak 90 would need a threaded barrel, bayo lug, and correct chinese wood. The quality of ALL chinese AK's in my opinion sets the bar for everything else so that isn't in question at all. The only chance I would think of having a pre ban MAK would be a type 56 that was on the boat waiting to go into customs when the ban happened and then was neutered upon entering the country. I'm aware they exist but would put no extra value on them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.