[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, what are some ways to conceal carry a handgun when riding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
/k/, what are some ways to conceal carry a handgun when riding a motorcycle? Also, what are some other methods of self defense that can be used?

For example, would having collapsible baton or knife secured somewhere on the bike be a good idea?
>>
Ass-crack would be your best option for CC, and a bag of broken spark plugs would be your best non-gun weapons. As for why melee is a bad idea:

>Newton's 3rd law: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
>>
>>29341886
A lot of people I know go with shoulder holsters worn under their riding leathers/motocycle jackets, since it's a bit more comfortable on crotch rockets and the like. Also, and I've never bought pavement on a real bike before so I wouldn't know, but they say falling off and landing on something hard on you ribs is a bit better than something Hard up against your pelvis.
>>
>>29341907
I was thinking more along the lines of being stopped at a red light and jamal gets mad you cut him off and tries attacking you.
>>
>>29342026
Is he trying to run you down or did he get out of the car to kick your ass? In either case it's better to run the red if possible than fight because you're gonna be stuck on the bike either way, which makes fighting a bitch.
>>
>>29341886
I carry with it in the waistband a little behind the hip. Long t-shirt and good jacket will keep it hidden. If you keep it as a left hand draw that lets you control the throttle with your right.

I carry right side though since I don't plan on having to use it on a bike nor would I want to. More for when I'm dismounted and walking around. If that's your bike OP then you're faster than 95% of the things out there while riding.
>>
>>29342177
Could be a situation, I'm speaking of more general self defense like me being robbed for my bike or in a position where I can't zip away and have to engage a threat.

>>29342201
That's my bike ;) I was considering just OCing with a serpa holster as it at least has a locking mechanism. It wouldn't be used while riding, but possibly when stopped or when i dismount to go walk into a store or something.
>>
File: 34543346.jpg (1 MB, 3052x1717) Image search: [Google]
34543346.jpg
1 MB, 3052x1717
You do it the same as you carry concealed not on a bike. With an IWB holster.

I carry a Glock 19 in a Galco Kingtuk at around the 4-5 o'clock position, with a proper riding jacket it is easily concealed same as it is off the bike. Very easy to do.

If you want to be an extreme hooligan edgelord then hot glue spark plug ceramic bits to the knuckles of your gloves.

Or you can be like the edgy Harley riders who have a giant metal ball-bearing wrapped in para-cord dangling off your handle bars with an exposed fixed blade knife in a nifty leather pouch next to your chain wallet.
>>
>>29341886
>what is a shoulder holster
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 266x189
its for my plumbing company officer
>>
>>29342311
With a textile jacket or something though, I feel it would be inaccessible, especially fumbling around d with zipper while wearing gloves.
>>
>>29342327
fingerless gloves

or get one of those dank army rigs that have the pistol across your chest
>>
>>29342327
>>29342336

or carry a boot gun
>>
>>29342336
>fingerless gloves
No thanks, lol.

Slinging a pistol across my chest does seem pretty badass. A boot gun may be pretty accessible now that I think of it.. Hmm.
>>
>>29342327
Do you actually believe you will be in a situation where you will need to pull your gun on someone riding down the road on your motorcycle?
This isn't Sons of Anarchy you fuck just ride away from the conflict, your faster than 90% of cars on the road even with an SV650.
>>
>>29341886
>/k/, what are some ways to conceal carry a handgun when riding a motorcycle?

Exactly as you normally would. You don't need any special setup for it.

>Also, what are some other methods of self defense that can be used?

Your gloves and helmet. Just having your head protected puts you at a huge advantage for the majority of road rage level bullshit.

>For example, would having collapsible baton or knife secured somewhere on the bike be a good idea?

No. Carry it on your body or don't.
>>
>>29342366
>pull your gun on someone riding down the road on your motorcycle

Carjacking in heavy traffic or at stops happens. Also the best way to deal with dangerous drivers when on a bike is to slow down and/or stop, after which if they decide to stop too, things can get shitty. You don't want to be driving dangerously fast even if it's to "outrun" some nut though. That can get you into an accident, and if they do decide to hit you it's not as bad if you're going slow.
>>
>>29342358
Pull off your fucking glove and draw your gun from a normal IWB like a regular person. Boot gun? Are you actually serious about this or are you just trying to do what makes you feel the most badassest?
>>
>>29342398
Why is a boot gun a bad idea? Your ankles are pretty much in your ass making it an easy reach
>>
>>29342305
A good IWB holster has enough retention to handle bumps in the road or train tracks, you probably don't need any locked retention unless you're offroading.
>>
>>29341926
I carry a Glock 27 IWB.
Had a spill Nov/2014 (asshat pulled out directly in front of my without looking, had almost no time to react). Gear got damaged, bike got totalled, I had cracked ribs and a phone shaped bruise on my chest.
Gun was fine (in an M-Tac holster).

Cops noticed my pocketknife while they were loading me onto the ambulance, took it and said "They'd be unhappy to see that at the ER" or some such.

I (lightly concussed, in shock) responded that that knife was nothing, I was a CHL carrier, and was armed. They asked me to remove the gun (I told them it was hot) which I did.

Got everything back when I left the hospital.
>>
Fuck motorcycle riders. Fuckers act like they own the goddamn highway.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR MUFFLER-LESS CHOPPER'S ENGINE.
>>
>>29344997
>Not one chopper posted in this thread.

Somehow I don't think my 650cc 1985 Honda is going to be disturbing anyone.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.