[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The "bad" Snipers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 736x552
So I've been watching a lot of battle footage and I've grown to realize that terrorists are horrible snipers. Why is this? Is it lack of training or experience? Is it the guns they use? Not that I'm complaining but it just seems weird that in a lot of the videos the terrorist sniper in like 400 yards away and they completely miss. I have a dirt cheap Ruger American and I can hit a small Gallon of milk all day at that distance. I'm probably not factoring something in but that's why I'm asking?
>>
Partly the low quality of weapon and ammo, partly the lack of training, partly the pucker factor
>>
because killing infidels >>>>> basic weapons care
>>
>>29341285
>dragunov
>bad
Weapon illiterate detected.
>>
>>29341335
>all terrorists use dragunovs
>>
>>29341285

You're completely right. Most insurgent "snipers" are complete shit, not even regular infantry-level skilled. This stems from

>complete lack of proper training.

At best they know a few concealment techniques, infil/evasion tactics, and are competent enough to take easy shots <400m.

>lack of proper equipment

Shooting regular ball ammo through a not exactly precision weapon like the SVD gets you slightly better accuracy than a beat up AK. Minute of man, if that. If they are lucky enough to possess a true sniper's rifle, it is likely not zeroed properly, nor do they have the capability to make adjustments on the fly, or use holds.
>>
>>29341335
Read the full OP post. It's not talking about that gun in particular.
>>
>>29341335
With 30 years of abuse, lack of cleaning, and dogshit machine gun ammo? Yes.
>>
because they zero their weapons in hallways that are like 20 feet long
>>
>>29341285
first of all they are primitive barbarian muslims, not much further removed from animals. they dont understand concepts like "sighting in" a rifle to match bullet strikes with the sights/scope. their guns are fucking old and homebuilt remnants from the wars years ago and they use crusty ammo from ww2/soviet era. it's not really that hard to figure out why they cant hit shit . they dont even have the money to buy shoes for fucks sake, you think their guns have seen basic maintenance in the last half century?
>>
>>29341370
>not setting your rear sight to 2km for maximum power
>>
Same reason they yell "Allahu Ackbar!" every pull - not squeeze - of the trigger. Allah the Beneficent and Almighty and One True God will guide my bullet if I yell loud enough for him to hear me - if it does not hit my faith was not strong enough and I will try harder next time.

Takes a lot of training to unlearn that kind of stupid.
>>
>>29341380
>ohthatshowitworks.jpg

this whole time i was shooting my rifle in slow mode using the 100m sight setting, no wonder my bullets are so slow
>>
>>29341285
For insurgents themselves, a big part is a lack of ammunition. Not only is the ammunition they have bad, but they don't have the ammo - or the culture - to sight in and get used to long range shooting. However, if you think that's just an insurgent thing, go down to a range (or, more likely, rock quarry) and find someone with a sub-50 dollar optic on their gun. See how well that thing is zeroed.
>>
>>29341341
Sandniggers that spray and pray and hope that they faggot good vil guide the bullets !!
>>
File: 1335425983438.gif (3 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
1335425983438.gif
3 MB, 300x197
>>29341285
>>29341285
>battle footage
>>
Juba will get you, infidel
>>
>>29341285
God hates sandniggers for screaming at him so he likes making them miss. with small gusty farts that they can't hold over for.
>>
>>29342955
> fighting n00bs in insurgency
>>
>>29341285
Is the milk shooting at you? While drones and Apaches circling you? With knowledge that an artillery strike is going to fall on you at any moment? No? I'm not trying to say they're good shots but for basically a bunch of bumfuck redneck hillbillies who just happen to worship a different god than our redneck hillbillies, they've done pretty well.
>>
>>29341285
>how come this borderline untrained people, who've never had military level training as a sniper or designated marksman aren't good?
Gee billy, I don't know.
>I can hit a milk jug at 400 yards all day
Try that on a person, moving about 400 yards away in a situation where there's a medium to high chance of you being killed pretty bloody soon.
I guarantee your average will drop off.....

Also, possibly autist-y of me but I thought Dragunovs were designated marksmen weapons? Not sniper rifles.
>>
>>29341374
>first of all they are primitive barbarian muslims, not much further removed from animals
> they dont understand concepts like "sighting in" a rifle to match bullet strikes with the sights/scope
>implying that has anything to do with them being muslims and not everything to do with them not being part of a formal military with formal training
Go hand some random Westerner a Sniper Rifle and chances are he'll know just as little

>you think their guns have seen basic maintenance in the last half century?
Yes. This meme needs to die.
>>
Is combat footage where burgers are killed even getting released?
>>
>>29342955
Kek at the shitty CoD overlays. Real question though, why doesn't anyone mount cameras to their scopes like this? Is it purely recoil forces? Because I'd love to see some dank sniper footage through the scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0HIRuNnN20
>>
>>29342186
>their culture prevents them from long range shooting
Ok then.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Other_Side_of_the_Mountain:_Mujahideen_Tactics_in_the_Soviet-Afghan_War/Chapter_15
Seems like they've been quite content to sit out of effective weapons fire range and take semi-accurate potshots with enfields for a while.
>>
>>29343021
Doctrinally, they're issued to both. At least in the Soviet era. These days if someone needs to reach out and touch someone from 1000+ meters they have better alternatives in various 12xwhatever calibers.
>>
>>29341285
like most shitskins, muslims lack even a basic understanding of physics or how a firearm operates. the few that dont just go full retard by letting allah guide the bullet and can use sights still usually dont understand how to properly zero their rifle or take care of it to keep it in working condition.
>>
>>29343047
Ah ok, I wasn't a 100% sure on that one, cheers for the reply.
>>
>>29343068
>there are some retards that actually believe this
>>
>>29343092
Basically.
>>
>>29343039
>Real question though, why doesn't anyone mount cameras to their scopes like this? Is it purely recoil forces? Because I'd love to see some dank sniper footage through the scope.
Because snipers look through their scopes to hit their targets, jackass

how the fuck are you going to do that with a go pro in the way. Have you ever tried to place a camera at the eyepiece of a scope, or a microscope?

Normally, you get a shitty, overexposed image or blinding light through it
>>
>>29343136
My bad that I've never tried to put a fucking camera against a scope myself, so I wouldn't know that it did that. You could've explained that without being a condescending dickhead, dickhead.
>>
>>29343092
>>29343118
ask anyone whos worked with ANA troops or any troops in the middle east. even after attempting to train them, they just plain refuse to use sights much of the time.

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/09/afghan-marksmanship-pointing-not-aiming/?_r=0
>>
>>29343154
That's because you're talking about uneducated opium smokers. If they were so shit we would have rolled over them years ago. Also my brother was an 11b and worked with plenty of Iraqis and Afghanis that were just as good or better than their American counterparts.
>>
>>29342992
Except they havent.
>fewer than 500 coalition soldiers wounded or killed by small arms fire in two wars over the last 15 years.
Thats not just Americans, and thats not just killed. About 85% of all casualties in both Iraq and Afghanistan are from explosives.

Hell they only do modestly better against other, equally incompetent kebab.
>b-but shit weapons and shit ammo and no training!
Even their American trained and equipped uniformed militaries cant shoot for shit.
>>
>>29343039
No because theyre not getting killed by rifles, and generally havent been getting killed at all for several years now.
>>
>>29343166
That's because small arms are usually the least effective on the battlefield. Most deaths come from artillery and diseases.
>>
>>29343163
>untrained opium smokers who a first world fighting force attempted to train are worse marksmen on average than untrained opium smokers who nobody ever attempted to train properly
ok, bud.

>If they were so shit we would have rolled over them years ago.
>he thinks we havent been rolling over them since we arrived

>Also my brother was an 11b and worked with plenty of Iraqis and Afghanis that were just as good or better than their American counterparts.
>my friends anecdotal evidence is better than your friends anecdotal evidence
>>
>>29343186
Here is someone that gets all their real life experiences from video games.
>>
>>29343153
you know what they say about anonymity and the internet
>>
>>29343192
>i post a news article making claims from people who have actually seen afghani troops operate
>you just keep posting "lol ur wrong faggit"

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/26/afghan-marksmen-forget-the-fables/
heres another one. you can probably find half a dozen of these articles from the NYT alone
>>
>>29341285
It is never the gun, always the shooter.

If the shooter is an illiterate peasant motivated by rabid Jihadist ideology alone, with little to no experience with firearms... Well....

A competent sniper with an shitty AK is a better sniper than a incompetent one with an shiny new SVD
>>
>>29343209
>muh anecdotes
Lol
>>
>>29343228
>published articles from reputable news agencies are the same as saying "m-muh brother said..."
keep digging that hole deeper, shitskin
>>
>>29343163
>I'm an authority on the topic because someone who wasn't me experienced it.

Sorry bud, but you can't use that. Ive learned a long time ago that people who weren't in the military tend not to accurately tell or recall the stories of their friends or family who were. No sleight on you for it, it's just never not been accurate.
>>
>>29341285
Superb piece about the Arab warrior culture in general. Basically, it boils down to a bunch of macho bullshit. http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
Do they even have decent range finding optics in there weapon stashes?

I always hear some of the older guys at the range with duplex hunting optics and .30-06s talking about headshotting anyone from 500 yards away. I always want to ask how they know their target is at 500 yards and not 575. Maybe they have markers on their property or something.

One side effect of the Syrian war is that Assad definitely has well trained snipers in his military. I wonder if we'll see them working abroad in the ME.
>>
>>29341349
I never thought of zeroing but now that I do I honestly believe tat not a single rifle in Syria is zeroed, they probably dont even know thats a thing.
>>
>>29341285
They don't press and hold R2 I mean they don't hold their breath during the shot.
>>
>>29343340
Funny you should mention that and I think the purpose of sights seem to escape them altogether. I remember somebody posted a webm what looks like a GoPro footage of them operating. It was pretty much a short clip of kebab spraying and praying.
>>
I'm convinced half the people ITT are mentally retarded
https://youtu.be/uOCkq_SEnhg
>>
>>29343417
>goatfucker comes to defend his brethren
Shocking. I bet you're the kind of retard that believes u.s. armed forces recruitment commercials are realistic as well.
>>
>>29343466
Nope, you're just a dumbass, and I hate Arabs so I have no reason to defend them but to assume they can't use sights is pure retardation considering how many recruits they get that are Western educated.
>>
>>29343340
>>29343404
I've held this belief for a looong time, just from watching those stupid fucks slinging lead in general directions.
>>
>>29343479
These are literally recruitment videos. For every one recorded case of these people actually managing to do something impressive (as if hitting an unarmed moving target at <100 yards once is impressive for most people) there's dozens of throw away videos of them getting their shit wrecked.
>>
>>29343092
turn your trip back on muslimnigger
>>
>>29343506
You can literally watch tons of videos online and see them using their irons, that is just the most blatant example but there are countless others, just go to liveleak. I'm not saying there aren't a ton of retards, but that is to be expected of someone that has no experience with said object. For example how many people on /k/ can successfully write a program with no background knowledge ?
>>29343537
It's been on kid
>>
>>29343136
To be fair , scope cams are a very done thing with air gunning. A stronger mount could be built to handle the rifle recoil
>>
>>29343153
it's common fucking sense you retard. how could you possibly expect to look through a scope if there's a camera duct taped to the part where your eye goes?
>>
Because in real life, snipers are about cover fire and area denial, not direct elimination
>>
>>29343043
>yfw they were literally tusken raiders

also important to remember is that most "snipers" are guys in a house with an AKM or some other AK variant using ironsights taking pot shots at a passing convoy.
>>
>>29343153
Then you shouldn't have an opinion no guns. You should ask if such a thing is even possible before you start asking in a condesendin way why people don't do the "obvious".
>>
>>29343163
I'm an 11b and mostly everyone except a select few are retarded on the battle field. Myself included
>>
>>29343546
Just admit it, most of your people can't shoot for shit. You guys are good at driving cars on two wheels though
>>
>>29341285
They say, "allahu akbar" so god guides their bullet. God's a cross eyed fuck it seems.
>>
>>29342955
More noobs ownage.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=15c_1321650830
2:00 is perfect. Noobs shooting other way when sniper rapes them from rear
>muh suppressing fire
>>
>>29341370
Improper zero procedure. Most of those SVD's use PSO's and they have no fucking clue that there is a procedural zero. They'll zero it at the wrong distance,
>>
>>29343021
>>I can hit a milk jug at 400 yards all day

The stupidity, it burns.

Your point about hitting a moving target stands, but the range commandos seem to have infinite difficulty realizing that long range shooting in combat is not the same as hitting a gallon jug of milk at the range, from the bench, when you know the exact range, on a completely flat and level plane.
>>
File: 1451265225813.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1451265225813.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>29343781
But that's "normal" armies engaging other armies, here it's semi-organized insurgents fighting superior armies in guerilla warfare. Arab snipers seem to me just to be either guys plinking with AKs at convoys or a single guy hiding in an urban environment, shooting to kill and demoralize. If it's not a concentrated and organized attack there is no one to effectively provide cover fire to and you are denying the area for as long as the enemy troops don't light up the whole building, call in an aistrike or return with more men and serious firepower.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.