[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I get a good one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Maxpedition-Falcon-II-Backpack.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Maxpedition-Falcon-II-Backpack.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
This backpack looks useful to me, where is a good place to buy one?
>>
>>29338401
amazon.com
Maxpedition is coming out with new bags in June I think. Check their website.
>>
You don't want one of those

They're uncomfortably rigid

The compartments are too small to be useful so that it holds its shape

You have to undo five buckles every time you want in and out of the main compartment

The MOLLE on the sides is so close to your back that anything you wear on it will be jabbing into you

It's like a jungle of straps hanging down when actually being worn
>>
You definitely need some "shoot me first" gear....everyone will know that you're carrying valuable shit
>>
>>29338820
Uh. I mean. I'm going to be putting my camera, field notes, and some snack shit in it. I'll litterly be in the woods. I don't care if people see it.
>>
File: IMG_20160218_200148.jpg (813 KB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_200148.jpg
813 KB, 3120x4160
>>29338401
I am selling mine. in OD
good condition.
$175 CAD shipped.
>>
>You have to undo five buckles every time you want in and out of the main compartment

I never owned one of these but reading that instantly should be a turn off cuz I have a backpack with similar fastening myself and its a MAJOR bitch.
>>
>>29339017
how much in real dollars
>>
>>29338510
I'll play doubles advocate to this guy as I have one much like pic related

>They're uncomfortably rigid
not if you buy a 500d knockoff instead of way too coarse and inflexible 1000d

>The compartments are too small to be useful so that it holds its shape
That's a bit subjective, I think

>You have to undo five buckles every time you want in and out of the main compartment
The buckles are happily rolled back and taped away if you don't need any. I don't have the top compression strap so I do imagine that would be the most annoying. I have no difficulty getting all sorts of huge things in and out with the side straps bucked though

>The MOLLE on the sides is so close to your back that anything you wear on it will be jabbing into you
They are absolutely perfect for fold out pouches and slim water bottle holders, mag pouches and anything slim.

>It's like a jungle of straps hanging down when actually being worn
Again, strap management is the business of the owner. roll them back and use electrical tape.
>>
>>29339062
Whats a good knock off? I mean, i expect it to be kind of shit. But I still want one.
>>
>>29339048
say $135USD (at todays rate) shipped? unless you live in some fucking wierdo hole in nowhere thats gonna cost a million to ship to .
>>
>>29339088
I got a red rock outdoor gear one for about forty buckaroos. Does fine by me and has performed admirably in shitty conditions across several continents. I am by no means nice to my gear. My previous pack had both straps torn off and sewn/taped back together before I finally retired it. I think the only thing it misses from the maxpedition versions of any consequence are drainage grommets, but it was no matter to me.
>>
>>29339136
Can I fit a full sized camera, a spare lens, notebooks, and food and water in one? Maybe a coat just incase?
>>
Go on amazon and create a wish list for it. And just wait til the algorithm lowers the price due to them thinking you're not going to buy it. Also I have a few Maxpedition things and they are made extremely well.

>some anon on /b/ "I work at amazon ask me anything" said to do this
>>
>>29339174
if you get a 35-40L version, sure, all that and then some. for big lenses on the camera try a molle attached water bottle pouch. Usually they fit snugly. I always have a habit of folding light jackets through the compression straps on the outside so they don't bulk up the pack and you can get to them quickly. Another trick is to use only one strap over your head and shoulders messenger bag style, cinch the loose one up and drape the jacket through the bottom end of the strap you are using. It'll hang comfortably while you traipse around.
>>
>>29339216

This one?

http://redrockoutdoorgear.com/assault-pack/

or this one?

http://redrockoutdoorgear.com/large-rebel-assault-pack/
>>
stop being poor and get kifaru or mystery ranch
>>
>>29339265

The second one. They must have that pack preposterously stuffed with packing pellets. I've never gotten mine that full.

>>29339280

Plenty of reasons to have a cheap pack. Expensive gear can draw a lot of jealous eyes, especially in developing countries.
>>
>>29339298
Looks kinda large. You think they bumped it full of stuff, but how big does yours get? Can you post pictures of it?
>>
>>29339389
one second

don't say I never did nothin for you anon
>>
>>29338401
All these backpacks have dozens of names and are sewn by the same chinese factory. They're all utter shit. Spending more on it won't make it less shit.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>29339389

rifle for size
>>
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>29339496

I didn't have any real money in my wallet but here is a leftover won. Same dimensions as a Euro for comparison.
>>
>>29339508
wrong pic friend? Also, your laptop looks snug as fuck.
>>
File: 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>29339508

They got switcharoo'd

That is a full sized laptop in there to give you a feeling of the dimensions.
>>
>>29338401
I have the black Maxpedition version. Bought it years ago to use as truck bag while deployed. I now use it for my Sub 2k since the gun folds up real nicely into it and there's plenty of space for extra mags and shooting gear. I might get another one for my photography kit too. They're good little bags, just don't pay too much for one.
>>
Don't forget you can buy maxpedition gear 10% off direct using promo "sootch00"
>>
>>29338820
What fantasy world are you living in. Grow the fuck up. I'd just kill everyone I saw because if the world you are daydreaming about existed nothing would fucking matter.
>>
I have a falcon II i want to get rid of. Dont like it.
>>
>>29339714
Listen motherfucker....tactical gear draws attention more than camping/hiking/outdoor gear....it doesn't have to be shtf for this to matter...maybe you need to grow up
>>
>>29339989
molle is so pervasive throughout backpacks these days only the fuddest of fudd or soccer mom would actually associate a little webbing on the back with hurr tactical assault backpack
>>
>>29339989
They sell molle shit at Walmart for fat fudds. It's so pervasive nowadays that literally no one besides you gives a shit.
>>
>>29340095
Do what you want. Blending in is art...I don't know where you bitches live but I would stand out like a sore thumb wearing a bunch of "tactical" looking gear
>>
>>29340219
>falcon II
Just a backpack bra. Im not running around town and the woods in full battle rattle.
>>
>>29339017
I have been getting really bloated and pass the most foul smelling gas ever, it stinks and lingers in the room. I'm having to air my bungalow every evening.

I eat relatively healthy, excercise regularly and am slim.

This has been going on solidly for 2 whole months. I have tried eating different things but i just keep getting this awful smell! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to shit myself!! I can't have people over and am scared to go out when I know I'll be in a small space. I gave up my job!!

I have had to do a stool sample, all clear. The doctors just say I have IBS. They gave me colofac (mebeverine) which did nothing! I don't know what the hell to do!!
>>
>>29338401
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3P-Outdoor-Sport-Camping-Hiking-Trekking-Bag-Military-Tactical-Rucksacks-Backpack-89006304/32299615067.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.AA53dA
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.