[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: ss+(2016-03-21+at+07.35.17).png (16 KB, 224x322) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-21+at+07.35.17).png
16 KB, 224x322
/meg/-Military Enlistment General
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
>ship out to navy basic in 6 weeks
>could barely do day 1 of c25k

how fugged am i
>>
>>29337416
get working buckaroo
>>
>>29337416

Okay so this is what will happen.

You'll go through basic like everyone else. Fail your PFAs and all that jazz. But when it comes time for everyone to graduate, you go to fatty division and they PT the living shit out of you every day until you can pass a PFA. You're literally doing nothing but PTing at that point and get treated like shit. You're surrounded by fat lazy pieces of shit fucking retards who decided to join the military despite not being able to walk to the fridge without gasping for air.

And if you're in there for too long and never pass a PFA, you get separated from the Navy.

Better start running your ass off if you don't want that to happen.
>>
File: 1458604511675-480937166.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1458604511675-480937166.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Anyone have questions about AF BMT? I just got settled down in my dorm and just want to relax. Been awake since midnight
>>
>>29337416
Very
>>
Any enlisted or commissioned ANGmen?
>>
So I plan on going to the AF for CCT sometime by the end of the year. I've checked out all the requirements I can find without talking to a recruiter. My only concern is my history of hay fever. Would get it pretty bad twice a year in the past, but I notice it's getting less severe over time. Could this potentially be disqualifying? And if so, should I wait longer since symptoms seem to be going away?
>>
>>29337528
>chair force gets their own dormroom or IET
I knew the memes were half true but Christ....
>>
I've asked this a couple times now and still don't have a real solid idea so sorry if I'm repeating myself too often for someone's liking.

Is working on a sub miserable no matter what, or mostly just miserable if you go nuke?
>>
>>29337685
How long have you been in cpt faggot
>>
Does the army haze people like the marines do? I know hazing is illegal but marines still do it
>>
>>29337959

OTS has wired and wireless internet access, gym and px privileges, and off-base privileges later in the program.

Get jelly, fgts.
>>
>>29337762

I'm getting commissioned in the ANG within the next six months. I probably don't have any info you don't already have access to though.

The only advice I could give is on the afoqt really.
>>
>>29338094
Slow down there high speed. What's your job
>>
File: 1431716318549.png (129 KB, 354x504) Image search: [Google]
1431716318549.png
129 KB, 354x504
are the memes true?
Will joining the military mean I fight for Israel?
>>
>>29338587
who cares? you're killing haji's either way (haji's being rocks and killing being washing)
>>
>>29338181

17d, not sure which route they're going to put me on yet.
>>
>>29338818
>keyboard warrior
How fitting
>>
>>29338877

Your point?
>>
>>29339126
Don't think anyone is jealous of you or that you're a fuckin stud
>>
>>29339155

You'd be surprised. There's a lot of computer nerds in the military, and most would trade their jobs for 17D.
>>
>>29339155

Would it make you really upset to know that I was a tech when I was in the Marine Corps as well?
>>
>>29339231
Are you 17d fag in BMT? Why are you replying
>>
>>29339229

Yep... being able to put "IT Project Management" on your resume is extremely valuable. I guess if you're a 19 year old edgelord trying to be a cav scout or whatever then you probably can't see too far into the future.

I don't fault him. I'm sure we all had cowadooty fantasies when we were kids.
>>
>>29338094

So do most AIT tracks.
>>
>>29339245

Sitting at home waiting for an OTS date... not going to BMT, bruh.
>>
>>29339281
I still don't know who the fuck you are or why you replied to me.
>>
>>29339271

I'm sure everyone in every branch has access to internet when they get to school... kind of a stupid thing to say, mang.
>>
>>29339308

Yeah, you seem confused about a lot of things.

I'll leave you to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 584x600
>>29339263
>IT project management
>>
>>29339335
Nobody cares what you do or who you are.
>>
>>29337990
They're both miserable. If you go nuke on a sub, you're walking into the green weenie's office naked while walking backwards and spreading your asscheeks.

At least, that's what I've heard.
>>
>>29339338

I don't get it.

>>29339358

Did someone stick their dick in your ear today?
>>
godamnit i cant do pullups or pushups since they drew blood and botched it
fuck
>>
>>29337289

anyone corpsman here?

What do corpsmen get to do during peace time?
do you stay busy in a military hospital, or do you wash rocks with marines?
>>
>>29339584

Unless you're attached to a unit uou sit at sick call with the HMs, take vitals and give out motrin.

Hopefully a corpsman will come into the thread to talk about being augmented to Marine units. I would think that you just do a good amount of the silly training ground guys do, maybe put thermometers in dudes butts when they fall out of humps.
>>
>>29337865
Don't tell your recruiter about the fever, and with CCT, a lot of washouts come from failing the AT-SAT, you may want to look into some air traffic prep work.
>>
>>29339628

huh, sick call actually sounds kinda cool
I use to do volunteer work with a medical brigade and that's basically what we did. shit's good experience if you plan on staying in the medical field

although Id like to hear more about corpsmen stationed with marines. how does that shit work?
>>
>>29339817

Sick call is just a bunch of dudes trying to get their herpes medicine, their warts frozen off or just faking sick to get out of work. Nothing important ever happens at the hospital either, they usually send people to a civilian place for serious stuff and tricare gets billed.

I was a Marine, I don't know anything about how corpsmen are assigned. I hardly ever see them on /k/.
>>
File: first kill on the block.gif (1 MB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
first kill on the block.gif
1 MB, 400x222
>>29340245

Yeah I know it's mundane as far as the medicine goes, but going into med school with all of the basic stuff being automatic should be a big leg up.
I just want transferable knowledge/skill out of my military experience.
I know I could also do a hospital based job, but I want a chance at seeing combat too.
>>
>>29339420
Is it weird to say that I want my enlistment to suck?

I feel like afterwards I'd have a better appreciation for the 9-5 job and the picket fence.
>>
>>29341260

all enlistments suck, you might as well pick one that doesn't suck as much to limit your suffering.

If you're some kind of masochist who gets off on being dehumanized, then sure, sign up for sub nuke.
>>
>>29341260
A little. I have a similar feeling where I want to join a combat branch. There's a peculiar kind of pride in doing the crappy jobs that normal folk don't sign up for. I still maintain that being a sub nuke is wayyyyyyyy crappier than infantry or tanks.
>>
>>29337289
>/meg/-Military Enlistment General

Bitch civilian here. Figured you guys would enjoy this shit.

http://asmdss.com/humor/overprotective-new-army-mom-ruins-sons-military-life-after-complaining-to-the-wrong-people
>>
>>29341360

My cousin goes to boot camp in august. Im tempted to send him a few care packages to troll his ass
>>
>>29337990
I've heard good and bad about both.
I've talked to several guys who worked aboard subs, some really enjoyed it and liked being able to get close to the rest of the crew, while others hated being confined with people 24/7, which they really should have thought of before joining the Navy. I even talked to an MM who said he wished he had done nuke when he had the chance.

As for going Nuke, I think it depends on why you do it and if you're really informed about what you'll actually be doing. A lot of the negativity seems to come from people who didn't know what they were getting into. To me it seems it is what you make of it.
>>
So I work at Walmart.

I noticed this 6'3 probably 250 lbs. guy with his wife looking at movies. I say he was wearing a black hoodie with the blue diamond with 'RANGERS' inside. On the back it said "RLTW"

He looked like a hard motherfucker and I wanted to say something(ex. Hey are you a Ranger, that's cool that's my dream) but honestly he looked scary as shit and he was with his wife so I left him alone.

Has anyone ever seen or met a SOF member? Would it be weird if I went up to one and just started talking to them?
>>
>>29341509

To add onto this, I've heard that the material in the nuclear pipeline isn't even that challenging, and that most of the people who fail out of the program fail because of personal problems like underage drinking or depression, which is bound to happen when you get some generally bright kids right out of high school to do this shit and all they probably think is "what the fuck did I do?"
>>
>>29339439
You get an infection or something?
>>
>>29337289
Can anyone redpill me on the HM rate in the Navy? What should I expect as a fit male who's trying to go greenside?
>>
>>29341601
Navy SEALs are funny as shit. Every single one of them. They're so funny it's scary man.
>>
>>29341753
Anyone here? I'm depped in and I leave on June 23rd. I'm planning on trying to earn the Surveillance Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman specialty rate after a few years in greenside Corpsman.
>>
>>29341784
I hear SARC is hard shit.

Between PJ, SARC, Ranger Medic, and 18D, I'm not sure which med course is harder.

I hear SOCM is fucking crazy but I know nothing of the SARC pipeline
>>
>>29341803
Sounds fun as hell from what I'm grasping. Jump school with our ranger friends, dive school with our ND/SEAL friends, SERE with our SOF buddies, med course long enough to get you just under the necessary credits to be a nurse.
>>
>thought i was losing my scholarship after 1st year of college
>happy that i can finally join the army
>get new scholarship
>now forced to stay in schooling that i hate
fuck
>>
>>29341818
Shit man sorry to hear that.
>>
>>29341852
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. I know it's stupid to stay in school that I don't want, but I can't do it to my parents. This is a better opportunity than either of them ever got, and I can't just throw it away to join the Army.
>>
>>29341814
Same with SOCM. I'm honestly really excited, but kind of nervous cinders ring how hard I've heard it is.

Hey, maybe we'll work together someday

t. Depfag with an 68w/Opt 40
>>
>>29337528
Shit nigga is that Keesler?
>>
>>29341880
Hell yeah man, I hope so. Best of luck.

>>29341873
You gotta do you dude, my grandfather stayed home even though he got a track scholarship because his dad pressured him into working the farm. My grandfather was a star track player that never got to live his dream because of family obligations.
>>
>Be top of my class in AIT as 12R, among highest testing scores of anyone in the course
>Score an 86% on the Live Power test
>Finish with 89.67%
>Needed 90% for Honor grad and automatic promotion to E2

I understand the "Nothing is given" shit in the military but one year later I'm still butthurt
>>
>>29343111
Holy fuck your recruiter couldn't get you E2 for just breathing? Wow.
>>
>>29343111
Waste of trips you whining faggot. I was on the commandants list in WOCS. That shot doesn't matter.
>>
>>29337990
Yes. But look at it this way: jamming a hot soldering iron in your dickhole may be mind-blowingly painful, but pain is temporary. Being known as "that badass that jammed a hot soldering iron in his dickhole for no apparent reason, so don't fuck with him" lasts a lifetime. Ask yourself if ends justify means.
>>
>>29341339
>be onna sub
>COB says if we have a problem with the sleeping arrangements, talk to these guys
>shows us a pic of a bunch of grunts sleeping in a mudpit
>looks comfy desu

>be inna sandbox
>sgt says if we have a problem with the sleeping arrangements, talk to these guys
>shows us a pic of a bunch of squids taking turns sardining themselves into coffin-sized bunks
>looks comfy desu

Green grass, etc.
>>
>>29343223
But what makes the green grass grow?
>>
>>29343253
Goose shit.

Canada's only contribution to the world worth mentioning.
>>
>>29343338
What about Rush and poutin?
>>
>>29341737
its all bruised up and it gave me ouchies
its fine today
>>
>>29343379
and Alex Keith's.
>>
>>29343199
>>29339420
>>29341509

Alright, thanks. I'll definitely have to think some more. I don't care about being tough, I just think subs are cool, and there's really only one other job I'm very interested in in the Navy, but it's a bit on the rare side so I'm looking for a backup.
>>
File: Canada_flag_halifax_9_-04.jpg (149 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Canada_flag_halifax_9_-04.jpg
149 KB, 2048x1536
>>29337289
Any Canadians here? Thoughts?
>>
>>29341818
I know exactly what you mean. I got my first job interview in a year, and I'm kind of hoping I don't get the job so that can be the final straw and I can join.
>>
Here's some advice from a guy who joined at 19 and has been in 8 years: finish some college first, even if it's an associates degree. The military will always be there and a degree not only makes you more desirable to them but will also make it easier for when you get out.
>>
File: 1457636521274.jpg (584 KB, 3200x2000) Image search: [Google]
1457636521274.jpg
584 KB, 3200x2000
Did I fuck up, /k/?

>be 17 years old
>email goarmy.com about whether being colorblind in one eye is a disqualifier
>be a retard and use my own name and address
>response says they're not qualified to say (it is a disqual for a lot of jobs, though)
>five years later
>decide it's time to join after all

Would that email still be on the books? Can they use it against me if they found it somehow?

Should I just join the marines instead?
>>
>>29344267

Doesn't matter. If you're colorblind you will be found out at meps.
>>
>>29344267
kek goarmy.com isn't the NSA, they're not gonna track one of a million potential recruits over 5 years. But say goodbye to most combat arms. Just be a POG
>>
>>29344375
This, you'll fail the color vision tests at optometry
>>
>>29337289
I was scheduled for meps today, but the date got pushed back to Wednesday, then i learned they haven't approved me to be screened so its been rescheduled to next week same time, is this just military bureaucracy at work, or am i gonna be led in circles a lot?
>>
>>29344505

Hurry up and wait.
>>
>>29344467
>>29344375

I never intended to take a job where it would be a risk to other people, I've just got a long enough record that I don't want to add anything that would risk my chances.

>>29344491
I'm not technically colorblind according to the doctor, my left eye fails about 50% of the tests I've taken on the internet.
>>
>>29344551

I don't get why you're even asking.

Just sign up for a physical and see what happens; if you fail then you'll just be losing out on things you don't care about.
>>
>>29344551
Color blindness isn't a strike against you like asthma or something. It just disqualifies you from certain jobs.

And I think it makes you more qualified for one or two. One of my college professors told me a story that his buddy tried to get out of the draft by saying he was colorblind and they just stuck him up front as a scout since colorblind people are better at distinguishing camouflage. He got a chunk of his ear shot off by a sniper and everything.
>>
>>29344568
My question was really just about whether the Goarmy people store their information where recruiters can get at it.
>>
>>29344587
It was answered hoss. Most people who work on that website aren't even recruiters, they just refer your information to them.
>>
So I'm going to college for a Biology bachelor's. I was considering becoming a doctor but I've always wanted to be a Navy pilot. I read that you need a 4 year bachelor's as a requirment to join so what I want to know is if this is enough. Also I'm planning on going to flight school once I have enough money so I can have experience flying aircraft beforehand.
>>
>>29344912
you dont need experience to apply for a pilot slot
you want leadership experience to boost your app but otherwise you need the degree
what about ROTC? if youre still studying that might be a good option dunno much about it
>>
>>29344912

There are Navy and Air Force scholarship programs for kids still in school in every discipline, you go to officer training after school - google.

Of course they are extremely competitive, so retards need not apply.
>>
>>29344912
>you don't need a degree to be an army aviator
>>
>>29344978

Meh, 50/50

Depends a billion variables. Sometimes you need a degree to get chosen by the WO board, sometimes they actually have a need and will choose anyone who has ~10 years in.

I'm sure he doesn't want to be rotary though. Why else would someone specifically choose the Navy to attempt to be a pilot?
>>
>>29337289
>>>/adv/
>>
>>29345006

>asking 21 year old virgin neckbeards for advice about the the military

Actually... that is probably a good idea. If anyone extensively researches military life it would probably be adv/r9k.
>>
File: Spaghetti_38d90e_5677537.jpg (23 KB, 549x364) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti_38d90e_5677537.jpg
23 KB, 549x364
>tfw eas in 9 days

we're gonna make it bros
>>
Any army guys here?

I was in an officer program for the marines last semester but they basically wanted to contract me as a pilot which is not what I wanted, so I left. Thinking of enlisting in the army after college, do 4 years and figure my life out I guess. Was thinking of doing infantry or being some kind of mechanic.

Not interested in ROTC/reserves.
>>
>>29344999
Ok. Are you an army aviator?
>>
>>29345050
Apachebro here.
>>
>>29337289
If I were to join the Marines in April or May, when could I expect to go to MEPS and Boot Camp?
>>
File: 1444151232448.png (338 KB, 471x298) Image search: [Google]
1444151232448.png
338 KB, 471x298
I'm a 5'6 mtf, can I still join the military?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 248x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 248x383
>>29345083
>>
>>29345083
No, kill yourself.
>>
>>29345083
sure
not the US one though
maybe the russian foreign legion will take you
>>
>>29345083
no, kill yourself
>>
>>29345083

In asia maybe
>>
>>29345083
Join the marines. They like manlets and fucking trannies
>>
>>29345127
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/12/01/u-s-marine-convicted-of-killing-filipino-transgender-woman/
lol
>>
>>29345070
You fix them?
>>
>>29345135
Haha no I break them.
>>
Is it still possible to enlist in the Marines without a green card? I heard that a lot of mexicans did that during war in Iraq.
>>
>>29345073
Depends on the recruiting district
Ask a recruiter
>>
>>29345059

No, WO selection procedures are common knowledge in tech MOSs since everyone who stays in plans on going WO.
>>
>>29345333
It's different for pilots bud.
>>
Any 12Bs here? Do you recommend?
>>
>>29337416
God, why would anyone enlist in the military when they can barely do simple PT.
>>
>>29345341

Except it isn't, "bud."

Everyone goes through the same WO board in the Marine Corps and Army, then pilot prospects have a separate selection process.

Stop trying to talk about shit you don't know about, fgt.
>>
>>29345825
>get a load of this guy
Perhaps for all AD selections, but for "street to seat" or NG boards it's different. But what would I know, my board was 9 years ago.
>>
I meet with an AF recruiter soon, should I tell them that I smoked pot ONE TIME, and that was around 4-5 months ago? Is there any possible way they could find out about that?
>>
>>29345989
Don't tell him. They'll never know. Most recruiters will tell you the answer to everything is "no"
>>
>>29346014
Okay. There's no way a one-time experimental use could show up in my hair, lungs, piss, or blood, is there?

Will they take apart my poo and dissect it for traces of drug use?
>>
>>29346048
Jesus kid. THC lasts the longest in your hair but all use and it's traceability are based on frequency. If you took 2 hits off of a skinny j of Mexican brick weed and you're skinny it would have been out of your system by the next morning.
>>
>>29345083
Marisa? is that you?
>>
>>29345948

We were talking about WO selections, fgt. Instead of attempting to move the goalposts you should just slink away into anonymity next time.
>>
>>29345989
>>29346014
>>29346048
>>29346080
NOTE: If you want a TS clearance, you'll want to tell the truth. Don't want to be dq'd via polygraph.
>>
>>29346132
Kek. Everything in my post relates to WO selections. But like I said, what would an AD CW2(P) know about that.
>>
Best way to get fighter position? Branch isn't too important.
>>
>>29346153

At this point I'm not sure whether you're trolling or just dense as fuck.

Anyway, you don't have to post your qualifications for me. I have no problem believing you are/were a WO considering how fucking stupid you seem to be.
>>
>>29345989
>should I tell them that I smoked pot ONE TIME

How old were you?

>>29346136
>NOTE: If you want a TS clearance, you'll want to tell the truth. Don't want to be dq'd via polygraph.

Had a TS/SCI+read on to many special access programs for six years, never took a polygraph.

Now I'm not saying you should lie, because no one, especially the military, is going to care that you smoked pot one time when you were 16, but they aren't going to look that hard into it unless you put down your pot dealer as a character reference.

Also polygraphs are junk.
>>
File: 1458415339001.jpg (32 KB, 358x511) Image search: [Google]
1458415339001.jpg
32 KB, 358x511
Ask an active duty marine anything
>>
>>29346290

Are you nbc or an equally retarded mos?
>>
>>29346290
Why didn't you join the army/navy?
>>
I was wondering if I can join. I am 20 year old atm so I might be kind of cold for joining at this point. The thing is I am a faggot and not just any kind of faggot, I take female hormones. I heard that they will let degenerates like me join the armed forces now, but would it be wise to even try to do that? I got a feeling they will hold me to male standards despite being on hormones for two years and the guys will give me shit. I have no problems with having to bunk with guys though. I love dick and being surround by tons of hot dick is pretty cool to me.
>>
>>29346319
are you a qt3.14?
>>
>>29346301
yes, 5831 correctional specialist. it is indeed retarded.

>>29346318
because I wanted to see if I could get through boot camp, and then I did, and now I hate my life because uncle sam owns my ass for 3 more years on a 5 year contract
>>
>>29346290
RAH SENIOR CHIEF

I hear that boots and most marines can be fucking annoying. How true is this?

I hear it stems from being told you're the greatest weapons in the world during Boot and you basically get this massive fucking ego
>>
>>29346318

Or Air Force?

Genuinely curious over here. It seems like the only reason anyone ever joins the Marine Corps is due to some implied superiority of the branch.
>>
>>29346319
No. If you are "transitioning" or whatever, you aren't allowed in the military.
[spoiler]post pics[/spoiler]
>>29346346
He answered here >>29346337
The only reason to join the Marines is to be macho. That's it.
>>
>>29346337

Oh nice, I was a chaser for like six months at Beaufort.

Why the fuck is your contract five years? I thought that only tech jobs like radar had five year contracts due to the 13 month school.

What gave you the impression that boot camp would be so hard that you may or may not be able to do it?
>>
>>29346319
You might get pipelined through training, but the second you get to the fleet you will be hazed to the point of washing the fuck out.
>>
>>29346277
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.
I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>29346366
Because I joined when I was 25. I wish I knew why my contract was 5 years, but I was a retarded poolee who got his third pick MOS and still signed.
>>
>>29346346
Chair force is best branch, it still sucks but it sucks less than the muhreens
t. I haven't hung myself from a 130 prop yet.
>>
>>29346329
maybe a 7/10.

I should also say I want to do something tech related and I am not into wanting to do infantry, but even that I would not mind if I got to kill kebabs and getting to rub it in their face that a faggot kill them in their last moments of life.

>>29346354
I would post pictures, but I am kind of serious about this.

>>29346374
I am still not very good with military jargon. What do you mean?
>>
>>29346339
My MOS school was at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, which is where air force basic is conducted. You feel like the biggest fucking stud waking around as a little PFC watching the air force recruits or trainees or whatever they're called eat at fucking - seriously - subway, dominos, popeyes, and some shitty mexican place I can't remember the name of on the weekends. Shit blew my fucking mind. Then you get to the fleet and it's prison rules. Very humbling experience.
>>
>>29346337
>correctional specialist
>holy fuck it's a real job
My fucking sides
>>
>>29346388

Brutal.

Did you get a lot of shit in boot camp? I'm asking because it seems like everyone who wasn't a kid out of high school always got mocked by the drill instructors, "Don't break yourself, old man!" or "Was flipping burgers too hard?".

What is it like having dudes years younger than you be your bosses?

>>29346414

I'm currently waiting for an OTS date for the ANG.

Although I get mad thinking about the years I wasted in the Marine Corps I'm still glad I went through the experience and I saw how bad it can be.

Funny story: When I was interviewing with a major who is going to be my section head he was telling me that on some drill weekends active Air Force guys come and do stuff with them. Apparently the active guys are too moto for them, that he has to calm them down sometimes because they are getting crazy about some uniform reg or something that a guard guy isn't observing.
>>
>>29346424
>hating on the Mexican place that served hot wings
>>
>>29346490
Sounds about right, nonners are pretty uptight about AFI 36-2903 and will go apeshit of you have a cargo pocket unbuttoned or if your cold weather gear is from another branch. Maintenance is usually pretty lax about most things.
>>
Apache pilot checking in again. Any questions?
>>
>>29346545

Wow, you have to be looking pretty close to notice someone's cargo pocket being unbuttoned.

Stuff like that happened in the Marine Corps as well. I was a 5942 and the airwing (Marine air stations) is pretty lax since everybody has a stressful and important job, so most commanders have an unwritten rule that all the little insignificant shit is ignored.

I remember being an e3 and going to supply to pick up some parts and talking to some dude while waiting. An e4 is walking past and makes eye contact with me, so I say "hi, how're you doing?" and he says "I know NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS in MY Marine Corps rate the proper greeting of the day from Lance Corporals!"

I just held in my laughter and told him good morning. I had completely forgotten about the faggotry the rest of the Marine Corps takes part in. I later found out that he had been in for less time and me, he was only a higher rank because all the retard jobs have ridiculously low promotion scores due to their high population.
>>
Fucked up and made a thread about enlistment, but someone pointed me over here. Anyways, I'm interested in becoming an officer because I enjoy leadership positions and when I enlist, I'm doing 10 years or bust so trying to become an officer seems like a good place to start off. Here are some questions I have for you guys:
>Which branch would you recommend attempting to be an officer for?
>What's the best path to become an officer. I'm 18 and finishing up high school in June.?
>Is it ridiculously hard?
>Is it better to just enlist or to try and become an officer through college routes?
>I'm a pretty mediocre guy, as long as I work hard would I be fine, or do you need to be some hyper intelligent person with connections to do well?
>In my eyes being an officer is like management or a general leadership position. Am I retarded? If so, what is it like?
>>
>>29346422
I don't know why these people are misleading you, but you literally cannot be admitted if you are transitioning and taking hormones.
>>
>>29346490
It's whatever dude. I know this is just temporary for me, so I'm not worried about it. I just hit my two year mark so I'm eligible for tuitions assistance now, so I'm just gonna grind away at college to get a head start when I get out. I actually had a really good job in medicine before I enlisted, and when the DI's found out I worked with anesthesia they made me help 'put people to sleep' after lights out and stuff. It was actually really funny in retrospect. I have no regrets.
>>
>>29346790
1, how old are you
2, are you currently in college
3, go navy because you seem retarded and naval officers don't do shit
>>
>>29346710
God damn, there's a few people I know like that, but my squadron is pretty chill about most things, we didn't stand up when our LT walked in the spec office once and we all got an earful from our e7 for that. Another time some e2 from finance was asking a loadmaster, I think he was a Ssgt, why all his zippers on his flight suit weren't closed and that if he knew he was out of regs. Nothing too bad though just general faggotry that a few people are uptight on. I'm just waiting for someone to tell one of the PJs or CCTs over here that they can't have their beret poking out of their cargo pocket.
>>
>>29346845
>how old are you
>are you currently in college
No
>go navy because you seem retarded and naval officers don't do shit
Any recommendations on what should I do besides just choosing Navy?
>>
I fractured my elbow when I was 10 years old. It was such a small fracture I didn't have to wear a cast.

Will I have to get a medical waiver and wait a gazillion years before I can actually enlist? I don't really like the idea of lying because they could always check my medical records. What if I happen to injure the same elbow I fractured in BC and they find out?

What do?
>>
>>29346790

45% of Air Force officers are prior enlisted, so if college isn't an option for you right now then the Air Force would make the most sense to go enlisted in. The only thing is that officer slots are extremely competitive; enlisting with the goal of becoming an officer is a sort of "pick your poison" situation when deciding which branch to join.

>In my eyes being an officer is like management or a general leadership position. Am I retarded? If so, what is it like?

Depends on the job. A 17d officer acts as a sysadmin, which isn't necessarily the boss although as a line officer he does have command authority over enlisted cyber guys.
>>
>>29346832

>put people to sleep

This a new boot camp game? What does it entail?

At least you're using it as a stepping stone, as you should. I'm sure you're aware of how everyone else just sits around playing video games for their entire enlistment, then panics about whether they're going to reenlist or what.
>>
>>29346990
It basically consisted of sprinting from rack to rack and tapping them on the shoulder and asking if they were asleep for like an hour after lights, for like all of first phase. It was hilarious.
>>
>>29346846

My recruiter tried to get me to be a loadmaster, talked about how fun it apparently is and how I will keep my enlisted rank. When I turned her down and threatened to walk, magically, officer slots appeared. I read that usually the ANG only likes to commission guys within their own unit, but of course they can't just stop you from applying to open positions.

Being in the Air Force will probably be fun. I have my combat action ribbon and a couple other things that I am sure will stop all the "boot 2nd lt" comments before they start. I'll get my saluting jollies out probably within a couple months then just go back to my airwing "how's it going" greeting.

Ever been to kessler? That is where I'm supposed to be going for school.
>>
>>29346790
>Which branch would you recommend attempting to be an officer for?

Pick the job not the branch

>What's the best path to become an officer. I'm 18 and finishing up high school in June.?

The path that ends up with you as an officer.

>Is it ridiculously hard?

Varies ridiculously between branches and MOS. Expectations are higher for officers, let's put it that way.

>Is it better to just enlist or to try and become an officer through college routes?

Generally speaking, it's better to become an officer through ROTC or an academy than by enlisting.

>I'm a pretty mediocre guy, as long as I work hard would I be fine, or do you need to be some hyper intelligent person with connections to do well?

Depends on what you want to do.

Depends on your job. Most officers are management. Very few types of officers are specialists.
>>
>>29347172
I've asked you in the last 3 threads how long you've been in faggot
>>
>>29347601

So what does that tell you?
>>
>>29347671
That he's a fucking butterbar
>>
>>29347684

I always assumed that he was some kid in college just pretending.

He never gives any information that can't be found on google or isn't completely anecdotal.
>>
>>29347690
hes a captain iirc
hes given this info before
>>
>>29347172
>Pick the job not the branch
What information can you give me about logistics and space stuff?
>Expectations are high for officers
How so? Morally higher as in setting an example? Physically higher as the strongest? Socially higher as in the most charismatic?
>>
>>29347720

When people ask him about his experience with the Army officer selection process, specifics about his job or anything else that can't be found through a query engine he ignores them and keeps posting or leaves /meg/ for a couple days until, I'm assuming, he feels that the person asking is gone.

Has all the makings of a random shitposting bullshitter. Every post he makes is some non-answer crap or google fodder like this >>29347172
>>
>>29347722

In the Marine Corps this thing called "command presence" is big. It basically means that the board thinks you look like an officer - tall, strong jaw, masculine voice.

Just throwing that bit of trivia out there. I don't know whether the Navy cares about such things.
>>
>>29347816
navy doesnt meet officers for OCS boards
i wish they would im shitting bricks waiting for them to answer
>>
Is lying at meps actually possible?
Or is it just a meme everyone spouts?
>>
would a small plantar wart on the ball of my foot DQ me or anything? i don't have warts anywhere else

i've tried to kill this damn thing for years and thought i really did the last time, every time, and the fucker keeps coming back
>>
>>29347928
Get it removed and say nothing.
>>
>>29347786
He's posted a partial LES before, that's about at much as you're going to get from someone who isn't retarded enough to personally identify themselves with something like a picture.

Newsflash: People who know what they're talking about mostly post Google-fodder because 95 % of FNG questions are Google-able. Of the remaining 5 % of shit you won't find on Google, most of it isn't public for a reason.

>
>>
>>29347601
You kind of seemed like a cock so I didn't answer.
>>
>>29348112
And you confirmed yourself as one. Congratulations.
>>
>29347172 (You)
>What information can you give me about logistics and space stuff?

I can only talk Army decently, so let's stick with that. Army logistics is an enormous field and there's a ton to do within it. They start out as a more specialized officer like transportation or quartermaster, but then starting at CPT they're expected to do any logistics job regardless of what they started out in. Generally speaking, it's not a very sought-after field because it's not hooah sexy.

It's not the most exciting thing you'll ever read, but there's a description of logistics branch in chapter 35 of this:
http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/p600_3.pdf

Army only has space officers beginning at CPT. I've heard mostly bad things about it... sweet job if you're assigned to a space unit, terrible job if you're anywhere else. If you're in a combat unit and not deployed you don't have space stuff to do, and so you do bitchwork in the operations section. Mostly filled with officers who couldn't make it in infantry and armor.

>How so? Morally higher as in setting an example? Physically higher as the strongest? Socially higher as in the most charismatic?

Work harder as in you better have your Soldiers out of the office by 1700 but your ass might be in there until 2100.
>>
>>29347837

I don't know anything about civilian to officer in any branch. All my experience comes from enlisted to officer crap.

I think I actually talked to you in a prior thread. I think I made fun of you because OTS officer trainees have internet, gym and px access.
>>
>>29348179
is for
>>29347722
>>
>>29348072

>Of the remaining 5 % of shit you won't find on Google, most of it isn't public for a reason.

You think officer selection processes are top secret no-forn need-to-know material or some shit? How about I find an old les and swap e5 with o3? Now I'm a captain!

You silly bastard.
>>
>>29348180
yeah
fuck
april 12th man cannot come sooner
we have that too in like the 10th week
it boggles the mind why they dont get gym access before
>>
>>29338587
Kinda. You'll be fighting for America and her Allies, one of whom is Israel.
>>
File: 1351528662.jpg (38 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
1351528662.jpg
38 KB, 600x394
>>29347786
I don't know what you want from me.
>>
>>29348205
>How about I find an old les and swap e5 with o3? Now I'm a captain!

Wasn't a display of rank, it was the numbers that would be appropriate for an O3. Totally photoshoppable? Yes, if you bothered with it. Anything not photoshoppable would be pretty easy to identify someone with.

FAO is a tiny community. As someone who also works in a tiny Army community, there's no way I'm putting PII on /k/ to satisfy people's curiosity. Call him out if you want, but I'd do the same thing (minus tripfagging).
>>
>>29348257
A picture of some rank or a unit patch isn't asking the guy to post his ducking SSN and address. The original question that started this was his TIS.
>>
>>29348288

It's literally easier to acquire rank and a unit patch to take a picture of than it is to photoshop an LES. Don't be dumbtarded.
>>
>>29346624
Write me a letter of recommendation pretty please
>>
>>29348343
K
>>
>>29346905
Bump
>>
>>29348233

Man, that should be fun. Dress whites look so baller; if I don't get selected by the Air Force board I may try for the Navy reserve.

I still have around six months to wait for a class even after I get selected. I hope I get chosen, I've been waiting to wear bars for a long time now.
>>
>>29345083
kek
>>
File: HD0ZxxD.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
HD0ZxxD.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
Where do CTIs fall on the spectrum?
>>
>>29337528
I'd recognize that tile anywhere

344 TRS. Lackland. Aircrew or Matman/contracting?
>>
Best jobs in the air force for an easy 20 years?
>>
>>29349461
1N0
>>
>>29349461
Anything that starts with 1A
>>
>>29349461
If you want easy though go materials management or finance
>>
>>29349506
PowerPoint Rangers? Sure it's easy but it's boring as fuck isn't it?
>>29349765
Aircrew is what i'm aiming for, problem is getting it is hard from what I can tell
>>
>>29349870

All depends on your personality, really. I find intel fun as fuck and would be way more bored in most other jobs. Physical engagement does not equal mental engagement.
>>
So I've become increasingly more stoic this past year and decided that I should just join the military. I want to go Opt. 40.
I'll probably spend the next 6 months or so just working on getting in shape before I see a recruiter, does anyone have a good resource for SOF fitness and training?
>>
So chairforce recruiter said I can apply and get into 3d jobs with just a secret clearance. From there I can do secret level jobs and may be bumped up to TS in the future if required.

Is he telling the truth? It makes sense but I'm just an outsider so...

Also If it matters I can't qualify for TS jobs in the navy such as CTN since my mother is a Korean citizen.
>>
>>29350573
Maybe it's because Korea != Germany, but I qualify for TS with a mother who is a citizen of Germany. Are you sure you can't qualify?
>>
>>29350592
It's hard to say since the recruiter and guys at meps are pushing me to go nuke really hard.
>>
>>29350607
Ha same here man. They said as long as I renounce my dual citizenship I'll be good to go. Definitely talk to your recruiter again though
>>
>>29350592

He can probably get a TS (unless mom is a South Korean government official or military officer), but a CTN is pretty much useless if they can't get an intelligence agency clearance...which is more stringent.
>>
>>29350618
>>29350633

I don't think they even processed the filework requesting an investigation? The head recruiter at the navy station seems shady as all hell too.

Regardless I went to the USAF station and got a spif(?) and am heading to MEPS early April and see what's up.
>>
File: 1447576706989.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1447576706989.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
should I deploy to carrier or shore base?

I kinda wanna see the world but Carrier life sounds gay too
>>
>>29350732
If you're really that insecure about your sexuality, sure, stay on the shore.
>>
File: 1445240936895.gif (426 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445240936895.gif
426 KB, 500x281
>>29350747
oh no, I'm very secure about my homosexuality
but I heard carrier life sucks
>>
>>29350442
Also, what's the process for those with Opt. 40?
Do you go DEP>BMT>RASP?
>>
>>29349437
yeah. 344th spartans.
Just got here and im name related
>>
>>29350762
Wouldn't it be like being a kid trapped in a candy store?

You could literally never get enough dick.
>>
>>29350442
Where do you live? A lot of recruitment facilities have motivators that will fuck your body up with BUD/s workouts.
>>
>>29350762
Yes I've heard it sucks as well. But I've also heard that every time you dock you remember why the suck is all worth it. Of course this is all anecdotal and will really depend person to person.
>>
Can anyone tell me what becoming a greenside Corpsman is like? I do NOT want to go blueside.
>>
>>29350780
I'm moving out to the country in Northern California. About 10-15 minutes from Redding. Not really sure if there's going to be many SOF types up there.
>>
>>29350773
I'm a bottom verse. I don't wanna be a slut..

>>29350782
I heard they dont dock often anymore, I wish a navyfag would verify.
>>
>>29350797

Then don't join. Easy. Don't be one of the fuckheads that spends their entire contract bitter about not getting the exact assignment they wanted.
>>
i want to read some books about stuff
any recs? or do i have to peruse the marine commandants reading list for hardy boys and clifford books
>>
>>29350841
I'm physically fit and interested in combat medicine turd burglar if I get assigned to blueside ill be butthurt but ill make the most of it. Fuck off with your elitist crap.
>>
>>29350856
If you're so interested in combat medicine go PJ
>>
>>29350880
>PJ
No thank you I like women.
>>
>>29350856

You can get a FMF contract, so get guaranteed to work with Marines.

But the thing is you have no say where they'll post you with Marines. You could work at a Naval Hospital on a Marine Base. Get attached to a Pog unit. Or get put with grunts.

I was an 0311 and some of our docs were completely blind sided and hated being with grunts. Others loved it.
>>
>>29350925
I'm going to Boot Camp in june for the HM rate, how do I go about getting a FMF contract?
>>
>>29350945

Your recruiter? I would imagine..

Might be to late for you if you have a ship date?

Did you not think to ask this to your recruiter??
>>
>>29350969
From what I understand it's not a rate you choose in MEPs, it's a qualification you get after going HM.
>>
>>29337289
Not even shitposting, but what part of the U.S. Military would trump use to contain terrorism on the home front, and what would I have to do to be an officer?
>>
>>29351006
>Home front.
National Guard and the 3 letter agencies.
>>
>>29350854
What are you interested in reading about? Do you want it to be something on the Commandants Reading list?

I just started reading the book "Keep From all Thougthful Men", which is on the CMC list. It talks about how US Economics won WWII and how a lot of what we were taught about Logistics in WWII was either overblown or factually incorrect. It's a pretty good read as far as books detailing the logistics of war go.
>>
>>29351012
This

when trump wins it'll be a goodtime to join your national guard when the dindus go apeshit

hell join now and there will probably be riots all over the country when he wins
>>
>>29351006
Just become a cop.
>>
>>29351012
Yeah, but I checked out the national guard site and couldn't find any category that fit. So it would be worth joining an ROTC program?
>>
Do the Rangers have designated marksmen?
>>
File: 1383179608654.png (1 MB, 625x893) Image search: [Google]
1383179608654.png
1 MB, 625x893
Army National Guard or Marine Reserves? If I get deployed I want to be with a competent unit, and I think the marines would have me covered there, but Nat Guard is supposed to have more benefits. Plus, with the national guard if there are riots I can roll in and protect honest people from violent nigs which is always appealing. I would love to pick up carpentry as an MOS because I plan on buying some land and building my own house
>>
Guys I really need to know about FMF corpsman and how to be sure I get the opportunity to apply to this route. I tried out for BUD/s prep but my scores were too low due to me not having a ton of time to physically prepare and a lack of dedication. I've grown up a bit but I'm understanding realistically that I'm not going to get competitive scores in time for the 2 month cut off where the motivator can't touch me anymore.

Now I'm focused on my contingency rate, Hospital Corpsman. I desperately want to go greenside, I think it'll be eye opening to work with the marines and it'll help me grow the mentality needed to go SF when I get bored of Corpsman.
>>
>>29351028
I'm not the most fit. I've got an average build. Would getting good ASVAB scores compensate for that if I decide to talk to a recruiter?
>>
>>29351144
I got a 93 on my ASVAB and a 11:30 500m swim, 50 push ups 55 sit ups 10 pull ups and a 11:30 run wouldve been enough to qualify me for SWCC.

ASVAB is huge.
>>
>>29351144

Not that anon.

So long as you can tape, do the minimum pft, and asvab qual for a job then nobody cares how much of a shitbag you are.
>>
>>29337528
I heard some of the new airmen in my shop saying they had their cell phones on them at BMT.

What the fuck is that shit about?
>>
>>29351184

This has been a thing in pretty much every branch for a decade now. It just depends on luck of the draw and your leadership.
>>
>>29351024
anything history or military
ive been reading the foundation series books
read generation kill and one bullet away before that
>>
>>29351105

Guard is going in first for issues at home. I have never heard in my lifetime a Marine reserve unit being activated for a domestic issue.

If you have a decent job and you're in it for training and a to wear a uniform I'd go air guard, but I don't care about riot suppression. I'm in socal and the unit I'm applying to frequently gets called up whenever there are wild fires; it'll be nice to actually be home helping Americans rather than sitting on a base somewhere doing nothing and sucking up tax money.
>>
>>29351236
Yeah I'd really like to help my people at home more than anything, but I've heard horror stories of National Guardsmen not having the proper training when being sent overseas. I figure if there's a possibility to get deployed, I'd rather be with a group of people that know what they're doing (myself included) that have marine corps training.

Another question: Are you committed for 8 years in every branch? I know you spend 6 years being a weekend warrior in the Marine reserves and then 2 in IRR, but everyone else I've talked to (admittedly, they're not military) has said that a standard length of service is 4 years. Would I only be serving 4 years in the guard? Or would it be 4 years of service and then 4 of IRR?
>>
>>29351317

8 is the standard, that is usually split 3/5, 4/4, or 5/3 between actually serving and being in the IRR.
>>
>>29351332
Thanks
>>
Hey camofags help a future sailor out. I need to know about what I can do in corpsman a school to keep from getting sent to blueside.
>>
>>29351317

You can do one year in the guard if you choose. Google "try one army (air) guard." Stuff like that is always available on the branch's website, try not to listen to faggots who obviously have no idea what they're talking about, like this >>29351332 anon.

In the event of guard guys getting deployed they are usually augmented to active units. It won't be your unit full of 35 year old sergeants and such out there alone.

I was in the active Marine Corps and I would never go back. What people usually refer to as Marines training harder usually means that you PT until people get injured and are non-deployable for a year or so, stupid shit like going on death runs every day of the week. When you would hear about Army guys getting fucked up in the beginning of the war it was almost always some non-combatant unit, like a motor t convoy, which is why they didn't fare too well.
>>
>>29351180
Wait SOF lowers PT reqs for ppl with high asvab?
>>
>>29351572
no you still have to pass the minimal standard but theres a waiting list for people who just get the standard. You want to get into the competitive scoring if you're a retard.

Imagine an x and a y axis. x axis is physical y axis is asvab and Csort
if you get really strong in one it makes you only have to get the minimal for the other
>>
>>29351605
Huh didnt know that. I got a 98 and wrote off special warfare since I'm not captain America levels of /fit/ but maybe I'll reconsider that.
>>
>>29351625
Talking about Naval special warfare?
>>
>>29351472
I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for your perspective
>>
>>29351631
Ye. Since I was originally gonna go nuke like a retard. But if anything i really want to be pararescue
>>
>>29351024
got any other ones? cant seem to find it in ircs so im SOL
>>
>>29351685
Don't do para rescue its for manloving butt spelunkers.
If you're interested in SF get off your ass and workout, even if you're just walking around town if you consistently do little things your body will start to WANT to do harder workouts and then its all downhill from there.
>>
File: 1449430984414.jpg (56 KB, 748x726) Image search: [Google]
1449430984414.jpg
56 KB, 748x726
>>29351685
we all make mistakes

I almost did that too until /k/ redpilled me

Become a seal anon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.