[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate My AR-15 Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9
AR newfag here, never even really thought of owning, let alone building, an AR until about 3 days ago when I got to shoot my buddy's BCM FDE 14.5" RECCE and became very jelly.

I don't want to spend $1800 on the rifle and optic as he has, plus I'd like my AR to be very much on the lighter end of the spectrum. I spent a couple of hours doing research yesterday and thought I'd run it by some /k/ommandos and make sure I'm not being totally retarded. I'm going with a polymer lower for the first iteration of the rifle, so... just brace yourselves for that.

NFA LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower $110
BCM Blemish Upper $80
Spike's Tactical Posphate BCG $140
Spike's Tactical Forged Charging Handle $23
Faxon 14.5" Pencil Profile Mid Barrel $170
PRI Gas Block with Single Pic Rail $67
AR Pros (Amazon) "New Gen" Muzzle Brake $25
Spike's Tactical Melonite Mid Gas Tube $16
MAGPUL MOE M-LOCK MID Handguard $35
MAGPUL MBUS Flip Sight Set $98
Primary Arms MD-ADS Red Dot $170

So that's $934 all in all. I'll likely replace the pistol grip with a Magpul MOE model later down the road, and maybe replace the stock with a BCM Gunfighter. Also considering the JP Silent Captured Buffer Spring doohicky, but that's farther down the road. Like I said, never even thought about building an AR before, so do I need to pick up any additional hardware packages or anything? Like to mount the barrel to the upper? Anywho, thanks in advance for telling my why I'm dumb for going for the polymer lower. Please feel free to criticize the rest of it too!
>>
File: 116903268313296.jpg (49 KB, 430x550) Image search: [Google]
116903268313296.jpg
49 KB, 430x550
Only dumb niggers use polymer lowers
>>
>>29336347
>I'm going with a polymer lower for the first iteration of the rifle, so... just brace yourselves for that.
you dun fucked up OP

there's no way /k/ can get over that, prepare for shitposting galore
>>
>>29336374
Yeah, I know. I saw NFA's torture test videos and my fears were largely assuaged. Also, their poly trigger group is very well reviewed.

Everyone thought Glocks would be shit too...
>>
>>29336347
2/10
>primary arms
>MBUS
>Spikes
>>
File: DSC05919.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSC05919.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
> NFA LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower $110
I've owned 4 polymer lower, broke 2 (was able to RMA them) sold 3 only kept the clear one.

Go with the Anderson lower instead, it would be better buy in the long run.

> PRI Gas Block with Single Pic Rail $67
Are you planning on putting sight on it? If you are spend the extra money and get a YHM folding front sight/gas block. If not don't worry about it.
>>
>>29336451
Yeah, I know the optic is subpar, but it seems that once you get a good one, they're pretty much as good as Aimpoint. You just have to be prepared to RMA if necessary.

Is there a better, similarly priced set of flip sights available?
>>
>>29336455
Planning to put the MBUS front sight on there.

Did you ever have the lower from NFA?
>>
>>29336347
You forgot the tools needed to assemble all this.
>>
File: IMG_20150618_221216.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150618_221216.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>29336489
Eeek I read through your list again putting Magpul polymer sight on gas block is no go man. It will shift as it heats up.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/549864_Magpul_MBUS_on_railed_gas_block___.html

I had the TNArms polymer lower, this is the last of the 4 I owned, ghost gun!!!

Save the money on the front sight and get the YHM front sight gas block thing

http://yhm.net/front-flip-sight-tower-standard.html
>>
>>29336501
I have a pretty good set of normie tools (hobbyist mechanic and computer tinkerer). What specific tools to I need to do the rest of it? How hard is mounting a barrel and handguard to an upper? Should I pay a pro to do it? Everything else seems easy-peasy.
>>
>polymer lower
>blemish upper
>railed gas block
>magpul forearm
>MBUS
>Chinese aimpoint wannabe

Poorwhitetrash/10

If you niggers are going to be cheap, just buy a goddamn M&P15.
>>
File: DSC06061.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSC06061.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>29336536
To build the lower only special and not exactly special tool is castle nut rest average household tool

Upper you'd need vise block and proper AR armorer wrench should have.
>>
>>29336511
Ohhh, yeah, that's a good point, didn't even think about melting that sight, lol. The problem with YHM is that I can't find a gas block from them with a .625" ID. But I'll figure out something else for the front sight. Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>>29336347
>PRI Gas Block with Single Pic Rail $67
Railed gas blocks are retarded. Either go with a low pro and free float hand guard or go with an A2 post.
>>
>>29336582
Yeah, I'm usually an AK guy, but I've wanted something in .223 for awhile. 5.56 and 5.45 AKs all seem to be pretty stupid for an American on a budget.
>>
>>29336612
Yeah, I might go with an A2 post, but I'd prefer something a little more flexible. I really like the price and weight of the MOE M-LOCK hand guard, but it doesn't have the ability to mount a 12 o' clock rail. Hence, the railed gas block.
>>
>>29336451
Also, is this for real? Is there a good reason to not like Spike's?
>>
For those interested, here are the NFA LW-15 torture test videos:

https://youtu.be/NaFevpTka-I

https://youtu.be/_qpnmi3XPP8 (kind of rigged, of course a poly lower will do better in this test)

https://youtu.be/CEAYW_2y4VU (featuring a .450 Bushmaster upper and and F-150.
>>
>>29336666
spikes is slightly overpriced for what you get and the logo is a cockspider
but you'd like that cockspider wouldn't you satan
>polymer lower
https://www.full30.com/video/31a73f8fade48648de9f917af92fdd53
>>
>>29336347
polymer lowers and railed gas blocks are shit. save more money and not buy shit
>>
>>29336753
Hail Satan, brother.

I thought about going for an RRA BCG, but the Spike's isn't that much more, goes through rigorous inspection, and seems to be better loved. Any suggestions for BCGs of similar quality but lower price?
>>
>>29336767
While cost is a factor, the bigger decision here is weight. Plus, I'm interested to compare my $1000 plastishit rifle to my buddy's $2000 BCM.
>>
>>29336347
why not get anderson lower/upper? anderson lowers weigh almost nothing. you really are not saving any significant weight and you are sacrificing a lot of strength. its just stupid.
anderson uppers look like any other upper why would you want a blem upper? what are you even thinking?
>>
Anderson lowers are only $50-60.

Why spend double that for polymer?
>>
>>29336797
BCM uppers are not even expensive. you can save weight by getting V7 parts and other lightweight parts without relying on trash
>>
Really not getting the md-ads hate in here...
http://www.tacticalsandwich.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-ultimate-torture-test/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pajDIPDNyOw
For $180 it's a very solid red dot without any real glaring defects, so what's the issue?
>>
>>29336806
>>29336811

This is a complete lower including stock, grip, and internals. The trigger group is mostly poly as well, but is considered much nicer than mil-spec by just about everyone.

>>29336818
>>29336806

I'm planning on putting this rifle through some abuse, just to see how tough the polymer really is. Why not pay like half price for an upper?
>>
>>29336797

You're spending $1000 on a $500 rifle. Don't do that. You are making a mistake.

Whatever benefits a polymer lower has, they aren't worth double the cost of an aluminum lower.

Also make sure which ever gas block you eventually get actually fits your barrel profile.
>>
>>29336853
if you can spend almost 200 bucks on a red dot you can afford to save more and buy aimpoint
hell dont buy backupsights you will never use and your almost there
>>
>>29336879
You didn't exactly answer my question and an Aimpoint microdot is over $400 away still...
>>
>>29336853
nothing wrong with em. they are great for the money.

>>29336862
you can get a premium psa rifle for under 700. i dont understand why people buy junk but you do you
>>
>>29336347
You belong in the trash... This isnt even a poorfag rifle build, its literally a "Waste all my money on something thats gonna run like shit, shoot like shit, and break like the piece of shit it is, in 200rds or less" build.

Get some brains, and buy premade shit. Then you can bolt on all your bottom of the barrel, Save $10 off the real deal, bullshit 'riful'

you could literally buy a Colt 6920 Fagpul edition for that price you worked out to....

tl;dr: kys OP
>>
>>29336853
A) They're affordable
B) They're popular
It's the Nugget Effect. Anyone who says the PA Advanced dot is as good as a T-1 or H1 is fooling themselves seven way to Sunday, but that also doesn't make the dipshit contrarians spewing on about them being airsoft-tier any less retarded either.
>>
>>29336875

Again, it's a complete lower. Grip, stock, buffer tube, trigger group, everything. The cheapest offering from Anderson that matches the NFA LW-15 is $179 and probably has a complete crap trigger. Remember, I'm also going for lightweight, not just total bargain-basement. If the lower breaks, I'm out $109, whoopdy-shit. If it doesn't break, it's a great fucking deal.

>>29336904
I'm not really trying to make an heirloom rifle. I want something light/ultra-light I can go innawoods with on backpacking trips and generally abuse without feeling too bad about it. On the other hand, I want it to perform well, hence a decent BCG, decent barrel, decent optic, decent trigger, decent ergos, etc.

I basically want it to be the Glock of ARs.
>>
>>29337010
>I want something light/ultra-light
and yet you put magpul furniture on it
>>
>>29337010
>I basically want it to be the Glock of ARs.
Sounds like you need to buy an AK, because there is no such thing as an AR that is as reliable as a Glock.

Also, is this a troll thread? You are hellbent on buying a piece of shit plastic lower that is guaranteed to break, and even after all the evidence and stating youre poorfag, youre still gonna get one...
>>
>>29336347

>NFA LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower
Don't use this for .223/5.56. Get an aluminum lower.

>Faxon 14.5" Pencil Profile Mid Barrel
Pretty sure for a 14.5" barrel you will need to pin/weld your muzzle device.

>PRI Gas Block with Single Pic Rail
>MAGPUL MBUS Flip Sight Set
Just don't put the MBUS on the gas block as it will melt after sustained fire.
>>
>>29337059
and a railed gas block. classic sign of op not knowing what hes doing
>>
>>29336659
you're supposed to buy one of those cheapass rails not a magpul handguard and railed block

and just go to PSA and buy one of their aluminum lowers for not too much more than what you're paying for the polymer one
http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-05/lowers.html
>>
>>29336943
>you could literally buy a Colt 6920 Fagpul edition for that price you worked out to

Yeah, and it will weigh 30-40% more than mine, not have an optic, probably have a worse trigger, and probably have lower quality BCG and barrel.
>>
>>29337135
why do you keep saying it will have a worse trigger when your build includes no trigger?
unless you actually believe the trigger that comes with the nfa will be anything special
>>
seriously are we all just getting trolled?

and if this cheapshit psa gun (not even the "good" psa pats) can do well then I'm not so sure how much better your plastic abomination is going to be
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1118901
>>
>>29337059
>>29337096
>>29337123

I might save 4-5oz with a fancy, $200 carbon hand guard and an admittedly free lo-pro gas block. It's supposed to be a balance between cost and weight. The MOE + railed gas block is half the price and less than double the weight. I'm comfortable with that.
>>
>>29337182

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/chris-dumm/gun-review-new-frontier-armory-lw-15-polymer-ar-lower-receiver/

"Regardless of its unorthodox construction, the LW-15 operates exactly like any other AR lower. The all-plastic single-stage trigger is an unexpectedly pleasant surprise: it’s kind of hard to describe a trigger pull scientifically (at least until Foghorn actually builds the computerized graphing trigger gauge he theorized about) but the LW-15’s trigger pull is very smooth, not too heavy (5.2 pounds) and fairly short with minimal overtravel.

It’s also a little mushy/spongy/vague (take your pick) but it’s one of the best triggers I’ve seen included with a lower-priced AR. I wish it were lighter by a pound or so, but it still helped deliver some amazing accuracy."
>>
>>29337206
like i said you do you but you are buying shit.

>>29337242
dont take the trigger pull being somewhat light as a sign for a good trigger. why you would want a plastic trigger and lower is beyond me.

you clearly arent going to listen to anyone here so whats the point of this thread m8
>>
>>29337135
SO basically you are confirming this is indeed, a troll thread.

Im out.
>>
>>29337242
yeah thats not special normal milspec trigger ranges between 5-9 and most of the ones on the heavy side can be made lighter with a little tlc
>>
>>29336347
nice
>>
>>29337281
I want to listen, but all I get is criticism rather than suggestions.

Are there other furniture options that are comfy, lightweight, modular, and not too expensive?
>>
>>29337333
bcm and midwest industries both make lightweight handguards that are under 200. Ballistic advantage makes barrels that are lightweight and come with a lo pro gas block.
>>
>>29337309
Look, I've shot one AR ever in my life. I don't have much of a reference, but if TTAG says it's an excellent trigger for the price, then I'm down to try $109 for a complete lower.
>>
>>29337358
Is the Faxon barrel a bad choice?
>>
>>29337358
And is fagpul so bad that $35 is a bad deal? I thought fagpul were breddy cool guys.
>>
>>29337405
magpuls fine it just goes completely agaisnt your build if the idea is i want my gun to be ultra light

magpul themselves say mbus on gasblock will melt

its pretty obvious you arent willing to take advice and are dead set on wasting money on a pile of shit so buy what you want
>>
>>29337380
no but if you are on a budget BA comes with a lo pro
>>
>>29337490
See
>>29336591

No longer going with the MBUS, now undecided on gas block and front sight.
>>
>>29337405
magpul grip, stock, magazines: okay
magpul handguard: are you some sort of peasant?
>>
>>29337545
get a lo pro and a decent handguard
>>
>>29337538
Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the heads up, will do more research on it. Their comparable barrel is about 4oz heavier, but if I decide to drop the front sight all together, that's quite a bit of savings over my current build.
>>
>>29336347
midlength gas system on a 14.5" ?
for a suppressor?
>>
>>29337603
>midlength gas system on a 14.5" ?
yes

>for a suppressor?
what do ya mean
>>
>>29337574
>>29337554

Any suggestions for a lightweight mid-length hand guard with slots for modular rails at 12 and 6 o' clock? 3 and 9 o' clock are nice, but I don't really care. Just want the ability to mount only as long of rails as I need.
>>
>>29337652

Oh, and a sub-$100 price point would be nice.
>>
Why build off a polymer lower when you can get a forged aluminum lower for $40?? You are a spcia kind of retarded, OP.
>>
>>29337059
Anon's right y'know.
>>
>>29337673

Can none of these niggers read the part that says "NFA LW-15 *C*O*M*P*L*E*T*E* Polymer Lower $110"

Stock, grip, trigger, everything. The el-cheapo-est aluminum-based equivalent is roughly double the price.
>>
>>29337206
you know your plastic MBUS will melt on a railed gas block right
>>
>>29337692

I'm open to suggestions that won't break the bank.

See

>>29337652
>>29337668
>>
>>29337717
I do now.

See

>>29336591
>>
>>29337706
160 nigga
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html
pay the 50 bucks for something thats not going to snap in half
>>
>>29337706
A $40 lower and a $130 complete lower parts kit gives you the same thing at about $60 more, which you can then save on in another category, like your horrific gas block idea.
>>
>>29337759
its like he did zero research
>>
>>29337668
honestly both the magpul handguards and the metal rails in your price range would both disaply to the world that you are a peasant. there's no way around it unless there's some sort of crazy sale or someone is selling you a used rail
>>
>>29337769
I feel like he did a little research but got stuck in some preconceived notions, like railed gas blocks and polymer lowers are okay.

Speaking of which, that gives me an idea. Come Black Friday I'm going to make the ugliest AR that /arg/ has ever seen.
>>
>>29337784
you will be hard pressed to beat gc rifle
>>
>>29336347

Don't do a railed gas block people will shit all over you. Either use a standard A2 front sight, or spend the little bit of extra money to get one of the various ~$200 free float rails available. Midwest Industries, JL Billet, and Troy are all things you should look at.

As other anons mentioned, I would just get a cheap aluminum lower instead.
>>
>>29337797
I know, but I'm up to it. Polymer lower with a penis hand engraved into it, commercial buffer tube, M4 stock, carbine gas, govt profile barrel 16 inch, railed gas block, etc. I'll throw my shitty Bushnell red dot on there along with my ridiculous riser mount, if I can find it.
>>
>>29337751
>>29337759

Starting to consider it, but I'm intrigued by the NFA lower. Like I said, if it breaks, I'm out $109. If it doesn't it's *exactly* what I want. Lost of reviewers are saying 3,000+ rounds no problem. TTAG says it works flawlessly and they love the trigger. I'm not gonna be clubbing anyone to death with the butt stock, but check this out:

https://youtu.be/CEAYW_2y4VU?t=4m19s
>>
>>29337830
>commercial buffer tube
kek. dont forget a recoil pad
>>
>>29337778
I don't mind looking like a peasant if it achieves my goals.

>>29337813
No longer doing railed gas block, starting research on hand guard alternatives.
>>
>>29337839
its been 4 years since new frontier came on the market
in those 4 years many people have broken them and its not even unsurprising that they break

if you were serious about lightweight and buying plastic you would have looked into gwacs by now
>>
>>29337882
just keep the normal handguards on it. you wont find anything lighter in your price range
>>
>>29337901

Thanks for the gwacs lead, but fuck me those are fugly. I looked at the omni-hybrid and nixed it due to shit fitment. I looked at the MEAN offering, but you can only get it with a whole rifle so I nixed that.
>>
>>29337901

Do you have any links to people breaking the NFA lowers? I've heard about 2 or 3 instances third hand, but I also heard that NFA just sent them new ones.

Not trying to challenge you to prove it, just want to learn more about the circumstances that cause them to break. I live in a cold climate, and while polymer doesn't shrink in the cold like aluminum, it might get brittle enough to break.
>>
Looks like the Midwest Industries SS series is looking just about perfect for me.
>>
Yep, this looks perfect:

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=2498

Combine that with a cheap low-profile gas block and I'm not too far off my previous price, still at the same weight, and I'll look like less of a peasant... r-right, guise?
>>
>>29337830
Put some shitty chink bipod on it and you'll have the ultimate normie build.
>>
Any advice on cheap upper receivers? I personally don't find anything wrong with the BCM Blem, but that seems to be the other big thing people have taken offense with. All the PSA stuff is out of stock, so I can't tell what they normally cost. Also it seems like a part I'd want some assurance of quality with. (I have no idea how durable/realiable PSA is.)
>>
>>29338195
PSA is durable and reliable. its the lowest i would go though
>>
>>29338195
this desu senpai
>>
>>29338233
Just watched a video where a guy says he paid $80 for a built PSA Blem Upper, so basically a wash. Only difference is I'd have to put in the FA and dust cover myself, but BCM includes them with the purchase.
>>
>>29338195
Try Midstate Firearms.
>>
Could I get away with a cheaper BCG like a Rock River (not chromed)? Or should I just stick with the Spike's?
>>
File: IMG_0502.jpg (247 KB, 910x844) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.jpg
247 KB, 910x844
PSA, anderson...works.
>>
File: IMG_0501.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
It was fun putting it together, got 3 and built them over christmas with my dad/brother.
>>
File: F1ANSLX.jpg (123 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
F1ANSLX.jpg
123 KB, 800x520
Why not just get Anderson Lower, Mil spec and only $39.95 + shipping and FFL dealer fee.
At aimsurplus
>>
>>29338468
The blue mag release button was just so we could tell them apart. I was an idiot and put the castle nut on backwards, need to flip it, but I'm thinking about getting a sling adapter that will fit there.
LGS sells the andersons for $50 each here. Tough price to beat.
>>
Thanks for the input on the Anderson. Like others have noticed, I'm not really willing to listen to reason about the polymer lower, but at least now I know what to buy when (hopefully "if") the NFA breaks.
>>
>>29338318
Good prices there for sure. Probably gonna stick with the BCM since it's only $10 more, but I'll definitely consider it.
>>
>>29338677
But...why do you want a polymer lower?
Is it the weight? It can't be cost...and if there's a failure chance, then you need to include paying yourself a couple of dollars an hour to assemble a complete lower that you'll have to repeat.
>>
>>29338706
Weight and cost and a pre-installed trigger group that everyone (not on /k/) says is better than mil-spec. It also comes with grip, buffer tube, stock, etc.
>>
>>29336374

Yeah...what do idiots like Jerry Miculek know, anyway?
>>
>>29338737
>what do idiots like Jerry Miculek know, anyway?
that they better fuckin say what their sponsors told them.
>>
Alright, so here's an updated parts list:

NFA LW-15 Complete Polymer Lower $110 (includes butt stock, buffer tube, trigger group, the whole shebang)
BCM Blemish Upper $80 (includes FA and ejection port cover)
Spike's Tactical Phosphate BCG $140
Spike's Tactical Forged Charging Handle $23
Faxon 14.5" Pencil Profile Mid Barrel $170
AR Pros M4-72 Clone Muzzle Brake $50
Spike's Tactical Melonite Mid Gas Tube $16
JBO Low Profile .625 Gas Block $20
Midwest Industries G3 SS Mid Handguard $150
Primary Arms MD-ADS Red Dot $170

That's $929 and just leaves off flip sights. Will definitely pick them up at a later date, but it's fine for now.
>>
>>29339603
>BCM Blemish Upper $80 (includes FA and ejection port cover)
you can get an assembled anderson upper (meaning it has FA and dust cover installed) for the same price and it wont be marred in some random way. they look exactly the same. why in the world do you want a blem?
>>
>>29339638
That would be fine, just kind of a BCM fan.
>>
>>29339707
well in that case, your spending about $1000 why not get a nice BCM upper? you only have to buy it one time. seems to me you might as well have a good looking rifle since your spending a lot of money anyway. if you ever do sell it the blem will make it hard to get a decent price.
>>
>>29338731
Dude, just shut up and listen or build that damn thing and stop asking for advice. /K is full of autists but in this case they are right. I am all about every American having an AR and I love good reliable cheap builds, but after working at a range for years and seeing all sorts of failures The one thing I can say is do not get a poly lower much less if it has a poly trigger group. If you are gonna act like a stubborn teen then why ask for advice then say "nah nuh I have it all figured out!"? You are spending almost $950 for an ar with a poly lower.......Not to be a dick but You are the equivalent of someone spending 5 grand into their Civic with suicide doors and fast and furious decals. You are much better off getting an MP15 and using the rest of the money on an aimpoint pro or in ammo to actually shoot. Or, with the same amount of money you could build a much better rifle if you are patient and look for deals and do your research to avoid threads like this. I built a spikes lower with a PSA cold hammer forged chrome lined free floated upper, fail zero bcg, with a primary arms micro dot for less than 900, so you can do it too.

Like I said, you seem to have made up your mind and are too self centered to even consider that you may have been wrong because your 1 day of online "research" didn't make you the expert you thought it did.
>>
>>29336347
>polymer lower
boy you are a fucking retard

forged lowers are cheaper than 110, so you fucked up right off the bat
>>
>>29336347
let me get this straight, youre willing to buy a polymer lower to shave off barely any weight, but wont buy something like a KMR to save weight? fuckin moron
>>
>>29340086
Well, do me a favor then and just pretend it's not a polymer lower. Pretend it's whatever else you want it to be. How's the rest of the build?

>>29340152
Check updated parts list. The MI G3 SS is basically a KMR but a little lighter and a little cheaper.
>>
>>29340298
>MI G3 SS
are you actually retarded? the KMR is lighter
>>
>>29340298
its god awful
i dont get why you are willing to drop more money on a fucking handguard than the bottom half of your gun.

your priorities are all sorts of fucked up all the money goes to the worthless parts that look cool but do nothing for function
>>
>>29340338
It actually is not.
>>
>>29339603
im off the clock but i pity your stupidity so ill lend a hand, any more than this and you start paying me

>Poly lower
axe it, if weight matters to you that much, get billet, the weight you save is miniscule compared to a forged lower
>BCM Blemish Upper
again, axe it, get an anderson + kit
>Faxon 14.5" Pencil Profile Mid Barrel $170
save yourself the trouble and get a 16" barrel, you arent smart enough to get a good lower so im guessing youre too dumb to pin+weld something and too cheap to have somebody else do it, wait for ballistic advantage to have a sale and get a 16" wylde barrel, i got mine for 140
>AR Pros M4-72 Clone Muzzle Brake $50
again, why do you insist on buying stupid things. get a surefire procomp
>Primary Arms MD-ADS Red Dot $170
spend the extra $30 and get a SPARC
>>
>>29340432
...but it is, seriously, how dumb are you that you cant read the fucking spec sheets? KMR 15" with the barrel nut is 8.1oz, which is lighter than every single MI G3 except for the fucking pistol length one

the fact that you insist the MI G3 is lighter and that a poly lower is fine does nothing but prove how little you know about the parts youre willing to throw money at
>>
>>29340457

I was looking at the "ALPHA" line. My bad, I guess.
>>
File: 1393134445941.jpg (90 KB, 496x800) Image search: [Google]
1393134445941.jpg
90 KB, 496x800
>>29340501
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.