[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humble Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: ur gona get raped.jpg (604 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
ur gona get raped.jpg
604 KB, 3008x2000
State your country, then say what your countries military could do better.

Ideally give an example of something that another country does / has that you wish your country could emulate.

Maybe we will have a warm and fuzzy feeling of friendship. or maybe (probably) it will descend into bait and shit posting.

>Pic Unrelated
>>
>>29335220
That picture makes me feel violated in uncomfortable ways OP.

United States
Our military is amazing, it's the politicians that need to do better. belongs on pol.
>>
File: air_b-2_close_view_ir_lg.gif (76 KB, 781x505) Image search: [Google]
air_b-2_close_view_ir_lg.gif
76 KB, 781x505
OP Here.

From the UK.

I'd like some long range strategic bombers like the US and Russia have. B2's are already based in the UK but it would be nice to own some - or at least have a 5th gen Vulcan / Concorde type aircraft.
>>
Sweden here

I want the mobilization capabilities of Finland
Actually I want everything to be like Finland
or any other country that has armed forces for real
>>
>>29335510
>B2's are already based in the UK but it would be nice to own some
wut?
They're all based in Whiteman, Missouri.

Nice thing about strategic bombers: you never have to move away from home, yet you can still reach out and touch anyone, anywhere.
>>
Canada
A lot of shit could be improved, but if our submarines could stop setting themselves on fire that'd be neat.
>>
UK

More money. Then we could actually afford to buy the stuff our private defence contractors build.
>>
File: B-2-arrives-at-Fairford.jpg (80 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
B-2-arrives-at-Fairford.jpg
80 KB, 1024x682
>>29335556

RAF Fairford has two climate controlled hangers specially designed for the B2's. There are regularly B2's deployed there whenever there is movement on the happening scale.

While they can certainly fly from the US, its cheaper and faster to fly from the UK to the sandbox - 27 hour flights from the US aren't great.
>>
'Merica

they can stop spending money all willy nilly. i know its not the military's fault but how many fucking AC 130s do you need? not that many. they also need to stop selling Armoured Vehicles to police who can't keep their shit in order. i don't want my tax dollars funding mall ninjas that can't even keep basic records.
>>
>>29335220
Worst Korea

Nukes and THAAD. Fuck China, they had their chance to put Best Korea on a leash, they have no right to protest anything anymore.
>>
US here.

We need to stop wasting money changing uniform patterns.

We need to stop letting politicians dictate ROE, especially considering we keep electing anti-American, radical Islamic loving pussies, um, I mean Democrats.

We need to reverse Democrat's efforts to turn the military's primary mission into one of advancing social change. It's not an agency for advancing gay or women's rights, it's there to kill motherfuckers. Women don't want to hump 70 pound rucks 20+ miles so stop trying to convince us they do. And I wasn't allowed to swap spit with my girlfriend on base in public so gays shouldn't be allowed to either. We could get Art-15's for public displays of affection so DADT was an appropriate policy. Let them serve but don't force me to watch them jam their tongues down each others throats at a Dining In.

And for God's sake, PT belts for EVERYONE in a combat zone!!!!
>>
>>29335220

Ausfag here, one thing our country could do better is actually having a military - I'd probably start there.
>>
>>29336041
>We need to stop letting politicians dictate ROE
Literally the constitutionally-mandated job of civilian leadership, anon.

What needs to happen is more trust in and following of operational military guidance when our politicians are making decisions.
>>
Estonia

Abolish conscription and form a fully professional military; it's not the 19th century anymore.
>>
>>29335677

>not wanting police to bust teenagers with dime bags with a Bradley with an Abrams as backup

Fuggin gommies
>>
USA
more woodland training
I get that we're stuck in the sandbox. it's shit, I get that.
but if we ever get in another innawoods war, we are royally fucked.
>>
>>29336093
Do you guys actually have the money and manpower to do so?
>>
>>29336093
Semi-conscription hybrid services are very good for small countries, anon, especially when they are next to a potentially powerful adversary.

You don't have the necessary funding to keep anywhere close to the required standing forces. A professional core supplemented by a large, already trained chunk of the populace which can be called up on short notice is definitely the way to go.
>>
>>29335591
Yeah, I love that our underwater vehicles catch fire
>>
>>29335677
>NEED
I don't know what that word is, the only word that matters is FUN
>>
>>29335220
Sweden, yes.
>>
Britfag here.

I think most of our shit is decent technologically but we lack in quantity.
>>
>>29335220
>Canada
We could try funding our military properly. I'm amazed that our military has been able to do as much as it has with so little funding.
>>
Norway here

Larger army, atleast one more brigade.
An Airborne Battalion
Larger submarine force
Larger air force
New Leopard tanks
>>
>>29335220
Belgium , Not ordering F35 models and buy some MBT's instead of IFV , tank destroyers
>>
>>29335220
>Philippines

I got nothing except guerilla fighting the Japanese
>>
Unites States
Idk much about the subject, but I wish we would spend less money. Before you guys want to kill me Daesh style, lemme explain. It looks to me that we end up just spending a lot on really cool shot that ends up just getting dumped or wasted. A lot of mentioned cool shit I can get my civvie hands on either. In all, what I mean by spend less is that I wish our military would either stop spending so much on stuff that goes to waste, OR, just decrease production in the first place.
>>
Russia

Actual carriers
Functional t 14's and PAK FA's
Im pretty sure thats about it.
>>
>>29336192
Heh, you're not kidding. Trained with your guys 3 years ago. All their equipment was transported by contractors and they had to cannibalize shit to keep their vehicles running because the companies that made them are no longer in business. Good luck making any progress on that front though with Trudeau. Some of the people I met were like "We're a peace force, not an invasion force like you guys." except the French. The French were redneck as fuck and funny and rude. So, good luck man.
>>
File: Latvia8.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Latvia8.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>29336093
Latvia, wish we had a conscription like Estonia. Also, I think our military uses desert camo (LATPAT) all year round. Oh, and we could spend more on defense.
>>
USA
We're not going to get into a war with Russia or China, so our equipment scale should reflect that we're just fucking with mudslimes armed with AKs.
>>
USA
Were very heavily geared towards total war with another major power, but because of this, anything even remotely asymmetric is a lesson in futility.
>>
Switzerland
wow where to start. should adapt to modern threat situation. Cyber, airspace, protection infantry, surveillance (new Hermes Drone coming up, good). Should ditch conscription model and become professional force.
>>
Finland
More money would be cool.
I actually think that considering available resources our military is doing an alright job.
>>
Murica

We cannot into border defense

We cannot into asymmetrical and unconventional warfare

We cannot unfuck our legal system

We cannot guarantee the rights they they taught us we had in school

We cannot be the freedom loving country we claim to be

We cannot stop hating each other over stupid reasons

We cannot get a president that makes at least %90 of the country happy
>>
File: image.jpg (1000 KB, 2048x1534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1000 KB, 2048x1534
>POLAN STRONK
>i wish we could have more refugees like germany/sweden lol
in all seriousness i wish we would put the MSBS into service already, asfar as politics go, stop acting agressive towards russia, theres no reason for it and russia is a literally who tier country now. Be more like switzerland and just worry about yourself, fuck that other noise. And dont into eurozone, keep being eurosceptic
>>
USA

WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL BETWEEN US AND MEXICO

DEPORT ALL THE MUSLIMS!!!!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

(And also kick women out of the military (except the airforce, cause airforce girls are qt as fuck))
>>
File: 635013690859026159.jpg (103 KB, 850x566) Image search: [Google]
635013690859026159.jpg
103 KB, 850x566
>>29336530
>MSBS
Yes, this. I hope we'll get some cheap SKS's.
>>
File: tumblr_m6kyucH9sh1rzbblco1_1280.jpg (361 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6kyucH9sh1rzbblco1_1280.jpg
361 KB, 1280x852
>>29335220
SASR is fine n all, but they look like provo shit-cunts with a budget of $20 and a used train ticket.
>>
>>29336504
>90% Approval Ratings

Come on anon, that's totally unrealistic. 90% is like, 9/12/01 numbers, that shit never lasts. In reality, I'd be happy if we could get a president that 60% of us agreed on. That would be a LANDSLIDE in this political climate.
>>
>>29336170
i can't tell if your joking, but i don't want my tax dollars going towards fun.
>>
>>29335220
Canada

>Army
give them the money they need so they actually have all their equipment running at one time and not have to canalize parts from one vehicle to get another running on a regular basis.

>Navy
Actually build some fucking ships then haul those cocksucking useless subs out to sea and use them as target practice.

>Airforce
holy fuck we don't care anymore buy the f-35's or dont just fucking buy something

in short actually spend some goddam money on the military
>>
>>29336243
No need for an airborne battalion, but lots more battalion, and company level anti-aircraft assets
>>
>>29336274
>Im pretty sure thats about it.

kek'd
>>
>>29335591
man, i feel bad for the CF...anti-militarism is literally in the blood of the entire population after the politicians said the CF are peace keepers, mainly to justify the severe budget cuts..
>>
>>29335220

Netherlands

I wish our country's military would actually own an armoured vehicle
>>
>>29336270
>>29336372
>>29336378
>>29336504
>>29336539
Sure is underage in here.
>>
Ireland here

Our military at the moment is in a good state besides some minor thing (Considering that we are a small country and are pretty far removed from any real threat to borders etc.) But it would be nice to get get the Air Corp up to speed with some half decent jets or something, I'm not talking top of the line F-22's or F/A-18's or anything, just something that we could use to atleast patrol our own airspace if needed, cause at the moment we only have like 6-7 Pilatus PC-9 planes, and rely on the RAF to deal with unwanted aircraft in our airspace most of the time.
>>
>>29335220
I'm American.

I think one thing we need a greater handle on is the bullshit "give military tech to cops".

Yes I get that it has happened in the distant past, but I really don't like my local police officers running around with M16s and ceramic inserts like its Fallujah just to do basic security operations. Bringing out the big guns for something like the FBI HRT is fine, for SWAT purposes fine, but I think its ridiculous.

Also for the love of god can we get decent camo? Scorpion is decent, but I swear we can't get solid camo anymore.

There are sooo many good camos I can't even list a fraction of them, and Europe makes damn fine camo and uniforms.
>>
>>29338898
>everyone who criticizes America's military is underage.

Thank you for your service.
>>
File: CAM01344.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CAM01344.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
HUELAND here.

A whole new armed forces please.
>>
>>29339185
The M16s are semi automatic, I don't have an issue with them having those.. they aren't robot cops and it's less money out of taxes.

The MRAPS and shit however, despite the "need" aspect of it all, needs to be maintenanced, which requires money.
>>
>>29335220

USA

corruption and bureaucracy factor very heavily into procurement
>>
>>29335435
>oh please

Yawn.

If you think there is nothing to be improved about the US military you have your head so far up someone's ass "thankyouforyourservice" that it's amazing you can see the computer screen.

>US military:

>Fucking terrible teeth to tail ratio.

>Way too much spending on it, could easily be cut 50%; maybe more

>Stunning lack of success in COIN and sent packing from Iraq, trillions wasted

>Could learn from UK and foster more cohesion between the branches, not competition
>>
>>29336170

You realize that someone has to pay for all that, right?
>>
>>29339222
What a waste of trips.

Nope. I could give a shit about legitimate criticism. No, it's the clear tone of complete naivete. Come on back when you've actually learned something about how the world and your political system actually work.
>>
>>29335220
Canuck here

Bump that defense budget, build ships, buy some planes. Having a Manilla tier navy isn't that hype. It would help if every procurement didnt turn into some goddamn political shitstorm.

Federal budget come out tomorrow cant say I'm optimistic
>>
File: 1382563240952.jpg (79 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1382563240952.jpg
79 KB, 600x399
>>29335220
US

Focus more on fighting the next war and less on satisfying the SJW's and MIC.
>>
>>29336900
It's so retarded.

Our country is gonna be cucked if shtv
>>
>>29340096
Iraq war cost less than two trillion, including aid from DoD to Iraq and death benefits/medical care for wounded personnel. Only goes higher if you include cost of CH33 GI bill and VA medical costs.

Which isn't DoD's money.
>>
>>29336740
fug off that just makes em cooler
>>
>>29337220
We dont really fight enough wars to justify the need to update our tech as often as the us does. Though i think we should also get rid of our soviet equipment and make a more modern unified platform with room for upgrades.
>>
File: image_37.jpg (89 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image_37.jpg
89 KB, 500x667
USA

Our military spending being exponentially higher than everybody else is not a good thing. We need to stop paying $20 per bullet and saying we're better because of it. I don't care how fucking cool the plane is. No physical object smaller than a house is worth 2 billion dollars.
>>
Nz here
Everything
>>
>>29335220
United States
Can we just cut it with these fucking SHARP briefings?

Also, I'd love if we could do what Switzerland used to do, where we keep our issued weapons at home with us
>>
China
Better officer training and another 20 years
>>
Vietnam here

We should stop announcing every weapons we import just scare the Chineses away, because they wont be.
Improve the navy asap, then the airforce
Revise the standard issue. Like what the shit, they armed foot soldiers with micro uzi. Also less Israel shilling.
And then every single thing else
>>
>>29340173
So you care about legitimate criticism, or at least could?
>>
Freedomland

Procurement timelines and procedures are fucking retarded, especially when it comes to bleeding edge technologies like aircraft.

Also, the biggest thing that needs to change within the military itself is losing the zero defect mentality. We now are on our third or fourth generation of military leaders who are deathly afraid of making a single mistake, and therefore take ZERO risks in any meaningful arena. FFS, when I rotated back stateside I had a crusty old gunny who shower me his "I Love Me" binder. The old salt had MULTIPLE promotion warrants for every grade, private through sergeant, dated before I was born. Such a guy during my short career window ('91-98) would have been BCD candidates after their second NJP, and certainly would never have been allowed to reenlist. EVER.
>>
*showed

Fuck you, autocorrect
>>
>>29336539
Thank God you're not old enough to vote.
>>
>>29340972
Which is still more than 4 times the cost of the interstate highway system
>>
>>29336421
Not from Switzerland but I like your conscription model, it allows you to man the natural fortress that is your country.
>>
>>29336110
>Wanting no knock raids on 90 year old veterans because they owe back taxes or couldn't keep up with changing firearms laws.
>>
File: Irish_Scorpion_Tank.jpg (56 KB, 544x481) Image search: [Google]
Irish_Scorpion_Tank.jpg
56 KB, 544x481
>>29339074
We also only have Scorpion light tanks, and it'd be real nice to buy some Leopard II's as MBT's.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.