[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to sound like a fudd?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: fuddyfive.jpg (106 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
fuddyfive.jpg
106 KB, 500x362
So, I just got hired by [insert big sporting store here] in the guns and hunting department. I truthfully told them that I have a lot of experience with guns. I own one pistol, one shotgun and two rifles. I am very knowledgeable about guns and keep up with the latest development.

I embellished a bit on the hunting part. While I have done a good bit of reading on hog hunting since I want to do that eventually, and I have taken my state's mandatory hunting safety course, I've never actually gone out and hunted.

Can you guys tell me what I should actually know? I don't expect them to really grill me but I don't want to say something moronic.
Pic slightly related.
>>
>>29334954
I can't tell if you're trying to start a thread to mock fudds or if you're actually serious.

If you are being serious, you really don't belong behind a gun counter if all you're going to be able to do is spout memes about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>29334954
If you're talking about deer, make sure you mention the points on the antlers.
>>
>>29334954
"The sound of a shotgun racking is the best home defense."
>>
File: clint.jpg (206 KB, 1144x656) Image search: [Google]
clint.jpg
206 KB, 1144x656
Seriously just spout all fudd memes you know, how dumb it may sound it's like man talk to them, they know you cool.
>>
>>29335080
I know guns because I was raised with them. I've been going to the range since I was a small child, and my grandfather was a gunsmith. I know guns enough to not spout memes.

I just don't know hunting.
>>
>>29335105
I rack mine five or six time to make sure they hear.
>>
>>29334954
Learn the eight cycles of function:

>feeding
>chambering
>locking
>firing
>unlocking
>extracting
>ejecting
>cocking
>>
>>29335200
Guys, I know guns, what I don't know is HUNTING

Like what types of ammo are best for certain game. I just pick the one that's cheap and my AR will feed reliably. That doesn't work for hunting, as far as I know.
>>
>>29335237
For ammunition types you want to reccomend soft points , for self defense handgun rounds , suggest hollow points , for working a job you only half know how to do, Google
>>
>>29335237
For rifles just tell them anything chambered in 30-06 and .308 is their best bet for big game. .22lr for small game. And when it comes to shotguns, birdshot for ducks, quail, turkey, and buckshot for hogs and bucks. 12 ga and 20 ga are best when it comes to hunting/home defense, 12 ga is more powerful however. I don't recommend shotgun for small game but hey its your life, they do have small rounds for small game in shotguns. I know shit all about lever guns so that's up to you. And if you work at Cabelas, if they come in looking for a cheap big game hunting rifle, the cheapest you have is probably a nugget. Any other place just tell them a regular old fudd savage axis is their best bet for hunting big game. Marlins and rugers are best and cheapest 22lrs and shotguns are generally cheap already. I know shit all about hunting non common game(gators, bears, panthers,) but again a rifle chambered in 30-06 and .308 is your best bet and a shotgun with buckshot will just about tear up anything
>>
>>29335149
> Rack gun 5 to 6times
> You either already ejected all your rounds, or have at most 2 left
> intruder rapes you as you pull the trigger and can't figure out why nothing happened
>>
>>29335237
Oh and soft points are the best for hunting. Forgot to add
>>
>>29336310
That's the joke.
>>
>>29334954
listen to tom gresham and themeateater podcast and just spout what you hear
>>
>>29334954

Tell them 5.56 will blow a deer in half, then recommend a 30-06.

Tell them 9mm is bullshit, recommend a .45acp.

Tell them everyone is wearing this latest camo called realtree or max4 hd.

If they drive a foreign vehicle, chastise them for not buying Murican.

don't sell any shotgun that isn't a remington 870.
>>
>>29334954

Man tells you what caliber he wants for the rifle he is buying. You do not question what he is going to hunt with it.

It's that simple.
>>
>>29335237
Start by learning what game animals are in your area, and when the seasons are. This includes birds. Then study up on what calibers are typically used to take the assorted game and birds. You'll need to know bullet weights and shot sizes.

Don't be afraid to chat with the customers. You can get a fair amount of info that way, but don't pass it along as gospel. Always attribute info to a random customer who was in last week or yesterday or earlier today. That way you don't come off as an arrogant know-it-all jackass, and you'll avoid most of the flak if it's some bit of bonehead lore.
>>
>>29337679
>>29336313
>>29336260
>>29335877

Do people literally not research their ammo purchases.

>hello box store anon, I am hunting soufflés, help me plz.

>certainly use magnum long rifle in .3754 Lesley.

>thanks based box anon.

>sure thing clueless cuck, also put shells in magazine backwards to prevent NDs.

Seriously, I walk in and "Have any .40 165 grain Gold Dots?"

It's either yes or no.
>>
>>29338647
You'd be surprised by the intelligence of the average fudd.

I had a friend of mine go to walmart to buy ammo for a mosin he got from god knows where.

The clerk handed him 7.62x39. I always wonder how thing might have gone down if I hadn't stopped him from chambering that. I assume nothing too bad.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.