[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old QTDDTOT is just about at bump limit >>29288806 Gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: collapsible-baton.jpg (9 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
collapsible-baton.jpg
9 KB, 500x496
Old QTDDTOT is just about at bump limit
>>29288806

Gonna start a new one cause reasons

Is it legal for someone without a CCW permit to have a collapsible baton in their car in Florida? I don't have my own handfun yet, so I'd rather have a baton than nothing, it'll at least give me the upperhand on nogun dindus but I don't want to be arrested
>>
Bamp
>>
File: 1458570030164[1].jpg (42 KB, 430x413) Image search: [Google]
1458570030164[1].jpg
42 KB, 430x413
>>29334927

Dear /k/, I have an ACH with all the standard issue gear. I am allowed to willy nilly change my gear around.

What is the best strap system for a combat helmet, does it exist for the ACH, or can it be adapted? I will be wearing this long term, ATVs and possibly riot duty. Infact, what I hate about my current helmet + straps the most is some OP4NIGNOG grabbed my helmet in a simulated riot, and was able to get a really good hold and wretch head around easily. I wanted to actually kill him. I want to make my helmet less of a detriment to my head in close quarters where you can't just blast them "bad guys."

It doesn't matter so much if I lose my helmet but maintain my posture control, because then I can baton the fucker who jumped me into oblivion and recover my helmet.

>pic extremely fucking related
>>
what companies make the best forged uppers and lowers? is there any that should be avoided? Also is the s&w m&p9 good in terms of reliability?
>>
>>29334927
Nigga, unless there is super super fruity special collapsing baton law, you are fine.

Florida as fuck here. I literally keep a loaded gun, with one in the chamber, in my glove box at all times. If I am pulled over I just let them know about it. I do not have a CCW.

Getting a CCW never hurt anybody though.
>>
>>29337711
>>29334927

Oh and if you HAVE to use something other than a gun, I'd use a fullsize or baton size baseball bat. That way your lawyer can make your case more innocuous, batons are always for hitting people, bats are for baseball. Get it?

If I was in a fight I would rather have a nice bat than a collapsible baton, they fuck up. The only thing I like about them is storage, but a car has plenty of room to keep a nice bat in it.

But yeah, get a fucking gun asap, keep the bat too.
>>
>>29337760
Would but technically underage b& here, only things I have are rifles, a few knives, and my ASP till I get something more inconspicuous like a maglite. I do a lot of fishing so if I just say it's a beating stick for fishing, worked at the inlet but... Idk about innacar. It's pushed between the seat and center console so it's technically open carry though, which seems to be legal
>>
>>29334927
>collapsible baton
>Florida
assult with a deadly weapon charge just waiting to happen....

you are literally better off keeping a glove box gun and using it than a collapsible baton.

go read up on FL laws, there are quite a few 'deadly weapons' specifically named in them.

If you really want a melee beater, get one of these.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/GERMAN-SPADE-WITH-FROG-8p1856.htm

at least then you have a reason for having it in your car/truck, and its gonna do a lot more dmg than that thing, as cool as that is....
>>
>>29337623
>what companies make the best forged uppers and lowers?
LMT, Colt, CMMG, Stag just to name a few.
>is there any that should be avoided?
make sure you get a upper with M4 feed ramps.
>Also is the s&w m&p9 good in terms of reliability?
Still isnt as reliable as a Glock. whatever you do decide, get the threaded barrel model.

>>29337783
your parents can gift you a pistol if you under 21. Also you can buy them, just not from a FFL. There is no law stating that you cannot own pistols until youre 21, just that FFL cannot sell them to you.

But FL does not look kindly on batons, brass knuckles, leaded 'saps', swords, and 'tactical' knives. literally go read "what is considered a deadly weapon in the state of FL" and it outlines it.
>>
>>29338000
Still gotta be 18 to be in possession of a pistol. Trust me, I'd love to. Do you not need a CCW to throw it in the glove box though? I've heard this still falls under "concealed". As well, I figure the baton can almost pass as a window breaker, if the cop isn't a total dick I suppose?
>>
>>29337783
>open carry carseat baton
You need to sit down and just read some laws, motherfucker. You saying some stupid sounding shit.

Just get a fucking bat for your car until you can get a gun.

Say you had left the bat in there after playing some baseball you don't know how long ago.

If you're under 18 then just gtfo.
>>
>>29338019
>Do you not need a CCW to throw it in the glove box though
NO. Read The Thread.
>>
File: 1341353853537.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1341353853537.png
6 KB, 400x400
Asked this in the last thread.

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/331649212604?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

>Hong Kong

Should I be suspicious buying this pouch?
>>
>>29338045
Did read, but want to confirm. I'd rather not get a felony at 18 and lose all my funs right as I'm getting into competition and hunting.

>inb4 shall not be infringed
>>
>>29338034
Don't have bat, have baton. And I have read the laws, they're vague as shit. This is why I ask
>>
File: 20160321_194317.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160321_194317.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Hey guys just replaced the broken firing pin on my cz85b.but quick question.is it supposed to stick out like this?
>>
>>29338019
just drop the baton dude... You really need to go read up on your state laws.... FL says if it takes more than 3 (or 4, cant remember) to get a weapon where a bullet will come out the barrel, then it is being transported. Glovebox is considered storage space, just like a trunk.

Get the shovel or a aluminum youth bat, or if you really wanna try your luck, get a wooden "Tirechecker" but the only way I see you getting off with that not being considered a deadly weapon in court is if you are actually a 18 wheel truck driver.
>>
>>29338062
>I'd rather not get a felony at 18 and lose all my funs right
then dont keep a ASP in your fucking car and use it for SD.....
>>
>>29338092
Shitty, I've been looking at a maglite anyways, just don't have any funds between gearing up for competition and hunting, plus having literally just bought a new car. FL law says OC is legal so long as it is a purely self defense tool, would it work just till I buy something in the next coming weeks? Or should I just not even fuck with it
>>
File: shovel.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shovel.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>29334927
Not a fan of collapsible batons. Even the expensive ones tend to collapse after 2-3 full power strikes. Besides, it's obviously a weapon.
I find the Cold Steel shovel more useful. You can deliver devastating blunt force blows with the flat of the blade, or turn it sideways and you have an ax.
And if the cops stop you, hey, it's just a shovel.
>>
>>29338122
dude, a aluminum youth bat is like $3 at your local goodwill..... and only a few bucks more at walmart.

you seriously need to search "FL statutes weapon"
>>
>>29338178
>(2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
>(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
>(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

This is the entire statute. I've read it multiple times. But I'm pretty sold on the idea of an e-tool anyways, if nothing else it'll be useful for going innawoods. The baton was just more attractive since I've trained with it and it was already in my hands
>>
why can i find a million sphinx sdp compacts for sale but hardly any full sized?
>>
>>29338215
>A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
you are reading that wrong.

it is "nonlethal electric weapon or device"
not "nonlethal electric weapon" or "device"

Im gonna help you out here, cause I dont think you are the sharpest pencil in the store here....

So sit down, grab a drink and get ready to read....
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/0790.html

One excerp, so you hopefully apply yourself:
(13)“Weapon” means any dirk, knife, metallic knuckles, slungshot, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon except a firearm or a common pocketknife, plastic knife, or blunt-bladed table knife.
(14)“Electric weapon or device” means any device which, through the application or use of electrical current, is designed, redesigned, used, or intended to be used for offensive or defensive purposes, the destruction of life, or the infliction of injury.
(15)“Dart-firing stun gun” means any device having one or more darts that are capable of delivering an electrical current.
(16)“Readily accessible for immediate use” means that a firearm or other weapon is carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a manner that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if carried on the person.
(17)“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.
>>
>>29338122
>maglite anyways

Considering it is for your car, this or a big ass torque wrench is the way to go in Florida while remaining noguns.
>>
>>29338149

Back in the mid 90's I got my hands on the collapsible PR-24. I was a big fan of those things at the time and working an extra job where I had to break up a fight between a bunch of Mexicans at a Taqueria. Basically three of them wanted to beat this shit out of one drunk one and I was the only officer there. The thing was useless. No weight to it and no matter how hard you swung it all it did was piss the bastard off.
>>
>>29338320
>What is syntax

Guess that makes sense then, probably why I'm not picking up a degree in law. Thanks for that then anon, and I'll keep checking through these while I google for an e-tool. Till then I still I have the handle for my jack to use in a real pinch
>>
>>29338075
Get the bat if you're at all worried the baton will get you a weird "weapon charge."

I literally carry a pistol in my glovebox everyday. I have had cops pull it out when I've been pulled over.

If you were to be arrested for that, it'd be a wrongful arrest. I'm not sure how being 18 affects that though, so google it. Once your 21 though, I know FOR SURE that it is legal to keep your pistol in the glove box even without a CCW.
>>
im trying to fill water bottles with something so i can shoot them.
water bottles by themselves dont last that long, a few shots with a rifle and theyre blown to bits.
i was thinking of jello, atleast this way, they would last a little longer. but it takes some time and effort (albeit, not a lot) and cost of jello packets.
so what else can i fill water bottles up with to take more rounds? cheap and biodegradable preferred.
no ice unfortunately.
>>
>>29338414
I'll check it again, but technically being an underage b& means I cannot be in lone possession of a handfun, but being over 16 I'm allowed full access to my rifles. I'll err on the side of caution and wait till 18 to throw my 1911 into the glovebox and just hold onto an e-tool or something till then. I suppose that's what years of martial arts is for anyways.
>>
>>29338444
Get a fucking bat.
>>
>>29338457
E-tool will be more useful for going innawoods though?
>>
>>29338414
>I'm not sure how being 18 affects that though
as long he has a receipt/bill of sale showing proof of ownership, he should be fine. even without, he should be fine, but cop may run serial and verify blah blah.

>>29338415
why not buy those rubber "popper" targets? waterbottles are a one-hit sort of thing.... Next bet is aluminum cans filled with water.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (44 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
44 KB, 356x200
>>29334927
>>
>>29338473
if you havent picked up on what me and him are saying yet...
>collapsible/foldable shit does not a good melee make.
>>
>>29338457
Also to give context, my car is a 2005 Golf GTI, so I don't have a helluva lot of space in the back. A bat would either not be in easy reach or in the way, which is why the baton and e-tool are more attractive
>>
File: 20160301_164415 (2).jpg (2 MB, 2964x4012) Image search: [Google]
20160301_164415 (2).jpg
2 MB, 2964x4012
Pictured is my innawoods bag. It is fucking big and the picture does not show the tarp I usually have on top of it. I need a bag cover for it to make it a little better for my sleeping bag and the rest of it in rain. I have a rain poncho with a flap for a bag, but if I set it down or bend over at all my sleeping bag is soaked. I have looked at bag covers but never found one nearly big enough. Anyone with similar issues or know of a big as fuck bag cover? Half-assed solutions accepted too.
>>
>>29338050
I wouldn't be too bad, majority of stuff on ebay is from China. It will probably take a forever and a half to make it to you, but I wouldn't doubt the seller. I've had shady shit from china, they shipped it through Australia and I live on the east coast. Don't expect service to be good, but I would do it for that price.
>>
>>29334927
6 d cell mag light. Nothing illegal about a flash lights.
>>
>>29338949
i use a surplus cover that fits the fuckhuge filbe packs, paid about $15 for it
>>
>>29339114
You remember where from?
>>
>>29338473
Yeah, but anon plans to go lay a smack down on some dindus, not dig a shit hole.
>>
Anyone know a good belt to use in combination with an OWB holster? Or will any normal belt work well enough?
>>
anyone know if a Stevens 350, an Ithaca 37 clone, can take Ithaca furniture?
>>
I just got broken up with. How long do I have to wait before people won't think I'm planning murder/suicide when I fingerfuck my guns.
>>
>>29339833
Couple weeks, or do it in private. The question is whether or not you feel awkward fingerfucking them after something like this
>>
>>29339857
Too soon, lad. Too soon.
>>
>>29339833
Less drinking will help.

As long as you don't threaten yourself or anyone else you should be okay. But if you are talking about your immediate family, have the decently to do in private for a bit. Or get another gf or lie about getting another gf.
>>
>>29339932
I've never threatened anyone, and don't intend to. I just don't want to feel awkward playing with my things.
>>
The awkward feeling is on your end. Just prove to other people that you are not going to do anything stupid. Be normal and show them you've moved on.
>>
>>29339967
go shooting with you mates and have a non-angry moment with your funs.
>>
Anyone know a site where 1897 solid frame barrels are being sold at? Numrich is sold out and ebay has none I could find
>>
File: 315wrZQfE3L._SY400_.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
315wrZQfE3L._SY400_.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
I just got pic related. Will I fuck it up if I keep it full of shells at all times? It's some sort of stretchy nylon or something synthetic.
>>
>>29341229
you will eventually wear out the elastic
>>
Is 375 a good deal for a slightly used G19?
>>
File: mosin.jpg (49 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
mosin.jpg
49 KB, 960x720
What's the best way to see if a mosin is an actual sniper mosin?
>>
File: meira.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
meira.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
>>29341585
>>
File: ennþá meira.jpg (74 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ennþá meira.jpg
74 KB, 720x960
>>29341598
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.