[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do fighter pilots need to be fit? In what way : cardio or muscled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: ertrterter.jpg (4 MB, 2736x1822) Image search: [Google]
ertrterter.jpg
4 MB, 2736x1822
Do fighter pilots need to be fit?

In what way : cardio or muscled?

Does being small /short help?

Therefore, can women be as good fighter pilots as men?
>>
>>29332742

>Do fighter pilots need to be fit?
Yes.

>Does being small /short help?
I guess, but most jets have size restrictions.

Therefore, can women be as good fighter pilots as men?
The only female fighter pilot i know is one of the best we have in our Air Force.
>>
No

Cardio

t. /fit/
>>
>>29332742
Many of the world's greatest stunt plane pilots are manlets or women.
>>
Yes. Cardio most important.

Also, dem shock diamonds. Post moar.
>>
yes both
they need to be able to handle the whole g force thing going on as well as be able to survive whererever they may land when they eject whether its swimming or lots of running

there are size restrictions but its a range covering most dudes
>>
I know my cousin was denied pilot status in spite of being insanely fit.
He is 6'9"
>>
>>29332742
>Do fighter pilots need to be fit?
If you can't be responsible enough to take care of your body, what makes you think they'd think you were responsible enough to take care of an $85 million jet.
>>
I recall resding somewhere that women are better at resisting Gs due to pain tolerance.
>>
>>29332742
Yes, you PT alot anyways.

You need to be able to pull G's, a lot, that takes pretty much every muscle in your body.
>>
>>29332855
>He is 6'9"
If you can't fit in a car, how the fuck do you expect to fit in a plane.
>>
>>29332855
He isn't fit. Or rather, he doesn't fit. In anything.
>>
I remember watching a video saying how stocky manlets handle g forces the best since blood doesn't travel too far from brain to legs.

Went on to say how lanky tall guys handle it the worst and usually pass out right away
>>
>>29332875
extreme pain tolerance in women is bullshit. It only happens during the birthing process.
>>
>>29332742
Pilots need to be smaller because there is not a lot of room inside of a plane
>>
>>29332742

The fitness standards are tougher than being a Navy SEAL. You need to be strong to withstand high-G turns.
>>
>>29332961
>>29332927
>tfw 5'7"
i could be a pilot and bomb hajjis and then /fit/ can never make fun of me again
>>
>>29332742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrUCGZO5H9s
>>
File: CMON.png (197 KB, 374x484) Image search: [Google]
CMON.png
197 KB, 374x484
>>29332980
>tfw 6'2" and a pilot
I'll still make fun of you

>mfw thinking about you hurting
>>
>>29332855
6'9" fag here

My dream as a kid was to fly helicopters.
I choke up every time I look towards the sky and see aircraft and rotorcraft zipping around. I've been lost for years because I'm physically unable to do my dream job.
>>
>>29332980
They would just give you shit for not fighting them hand to hand "like a real man"
>>
>>29332742
Oh how I wonder why someone experiencing high g-force acceleration might need a well functioning cardiovascular system.
>>
>>29332867
>Investment bankers are olympic athletes
>>
>>29332995
what branch?
or civilian?
>>
>>29332999
not even commercial craft?
>>
then if you need muscles

how come there are women pilot, which obviously have not much muscle mass

??
>>
>>29332979
>fitness standards more than a SEAL

haha, no.
>>
>>29333013
But powerlifter pog dwarves are the scourge of combatives practice in literally every branch of the military. Lanklets with their shitty balance point, easily manipulated joints, and much lower proportionate strength can't compare.
>>
>>29332999
Could you donate some height to me? I'm 5'6"

Also, nice trips.
>>
Wasn't there an RAF pilot with no legs and was high during most of his flights in the Battle of Britain.(Not that most pilots weren't then.)
>>
>>29333413
Affirmative action and a relatively peacetime military
>>
File: 1452276352416.gif (2 MB, 479x265) Image search: [Google]
1452276352416.gif
2 MB, 479x265
>>29333017

This. You don't need to be built like a bear. You do need to be fit, healthy, and well tuned with your body. Pulling G's is stressful and control of your body/muscles during tight maneuvers is crucial.
>>
how long could a civilian last in a fighter?

if i put two civilians in A4s (trained, but not fit.) or something, what kind of manoeuvrability would they be able to get out of it? would they be able to detect the g-force (plane probably has an indicator, but whatever) and ease-off?

discomfort is acceptable, just not injury or passing out.

if the two A4s were fighting, would they be able to do anything resembling a dogfight (loops, rolls, tight-ish turns, etc.) or would it just look like two learjets trying to ram one another?
>>
>Poorfag
>1 year to late to join army (21 is the cutoff here)
>189 Cm tall
> Work on Red-bull air race
> All dem Austrian manlets surrounded in hot bitches who get to zip around all the time
> Can't afford civilian pilot education
> Quatas are rigged by political parties in power so can't get in without fuckhueg bribe despite being swole as fuck and being well above all the criteria

I guess i'll have to emigrate first and then save up for private flying lessons.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.