[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a tec 9 clone for stupid cheap, should I buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 567x425
I found a tec 9 clone for stupid cheap, should I buy?
>>
File: big_trouble_in_little_china_02.jpg (638 KB, 2168x1704) Image search: [Google]
big_trouble_in_little_china_02.jpg
638 KB, 2168x1704
>>
>>29332038
Stupid cheap. Yeah do it man. It's a gun isn't it? I mean you get bored, so what put it with the collection and take it out every year or so and shoot some cans, and pretend you are Curt Russel or you work for the 1980s Colombian cartel.
>>
>>29332038
If the price is right and you can waste money

Dont expect it to be the greatest gun in the world
>>
>>29332038
I really wish I would have picked one up early on. I had an opportunity but I was too poor.

So many missed opportunities.
>>
If it's more than 300 bucks dont do it
>>
>>29332038

It is a literal meme gun. Only popular because it was cheap to buy and easy to modify to full auto using only rudimentary tools. This made it popular with street gangs. As such it became popular in rap music when speaking about being a street "soldier".

It is a shitty gun. You can no longer convert them to full auto like in the past, and it remains a shitty gun. A Hi-Point pistol would be a more reliable and useful firearm for your 9mm needs.
>>
>>29332251
I already have all the bases covered collection wise... I don't NEED another gun but I want it because I want another range toy. I'm aware it'll probably jam a lot and I'm okay with this.
>>
>>29332038
No one needs that for hunting or marksmanship purposes, it shouldn't even be for sale.
>>
>>29332251

>meme gun

Using this kind of language.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>29332415
Second this
>>
>>29332367
its a piece of shit, but id pay $100 for a piece of shit that can be fun. plus you could always sell it to some stupid nigger down the line
>>
>>29332402
1/10 because you got me to reply
>>
>>29332456
I'm with this guy, the fuckin thing looks fun
>>
>>29332038
As long it feeds reliably, why not?
>>
>>29332415
>>29332434

Thank you I thought I was the only one, there not as bad as the faggots who say Too. Be. Honest. F@m tho
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 726x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 726x960
Not to hijack your thread but what do y'all think about a vmac 45 for range fun? I read after 100 or so rounds it doesn't have ftf or any issues any more. And either way people said they only run reliable with steel case .45 so money won't be an issue for 45. Acp I don't need another 9mm gun.
>>
>>29332038
I owned an ap9 for a bit. Not a bad gun, but it was too picky with clipazines and the sights, while better than a standard tec's sights, were shit too. Also the lower is made of plastic and a firm may well grip has been known to break the gun in half
>>
>>29332101
>Curt
>>
>>29332038

I have one of these. AA Arms / Kimel AP 9 for those of you who don't know.

1. Check for factory magazines. They will have clear followers. They're worth around 50-75 apiece depending on capacity.
2. Base value is ~300 these days, add 50 for additional magazines in good condition and add another 50 for factory box and documents
3. The frames have a tendency to crack, so I'm just warning you.

I like mine though, so if it's cheap, buy it. They're only going up in value.
>>
File: ap92.jpg (965 KB, 3504x2236) Image search: [Google]
ap92.jpg
965 KB, 3504x2236
>>29335941
>>
File: ap9.jpg (442 KB, 3320x2632) Image search: [Google]
ap9.jpg
442 KB, 3320x2632
>>29335987
>>
File: Tec9_shooting.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tec9_shooting.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>29332251
> It is a shitty gun
> You can no longer convert them to full auto like in the past
> and it remains a shitty gun
> A Hi-Point pistol would be a more reliable and useful firearm for your 9mm needs

please end yourself

webm related
>>
>>29332251
>Only popular because it was cheap to buy and easy to modify to full auto using only rudimentary tools. This made it popular with street gangs.

So much wrong with this.
>>
>>29336514

They used to be open bolt.
>>
>>29336561
yeah, but only because they are now closed bolt, does not mean it´s impossible to convert them
>>
>>29336561

A very small run in the early 80's, under a different make and model.

Intratec TEC-9 =/= Interdynamics KG-9
>>
>>29332251
>easy to modify to full auto using only rudimentary tools
First of all, the gun in OP's picture is not a Tec-9, second of all, the Intratec Tec-9 is not trivial to convert to full-auto, as it is not firing from an open-bolt, this only regarded the very early Interdynamics KG-9, which was produced in low numbers, and because it wasn't as cheap or around for very long, there's very few of these that were actually illegally converted and used in crimes. I'd be willing to bet the number of KG-9 pistols which were illegally converted and used in gangland activity can be counted on two hands.

The idea that the Tec-9 were ever converted to full-auto en mass is an idea put into people's head by Miami Vice, and conflation with earlier MAC-10 and MAC-11 pistols, back when they could be made as open-bolt guns.

>A Hi-Point pistol would be a more reliable and useful firearm for your 9mm needs.
Nobody buys a Tec-9 for a work horse gun, they're bought as collectibles and novelties.
>>
>>29335941
frames will crack. new frames are available.
>>
>>29337776
> new frames are available
where?
>>
File: suomi-drum.jpg (136 KB, 621x307) Image search: [Google]
suomi-drum.jpg
136 KB, 621x307
>>29338179
Good question.

I've seen a person who machined his own metal lower for his Tec-9 pistol, it fed from Suomi 72rd drums. Judging by this, it must have been a lot more reliable than a normal Tec-9, given that the Suomi drums are universally recognized as very good magazines and the metal frame can probably handle heavier grain ammunition like 147gr

So if you like a project, making your own lower might be fun, maybe have it use Uzi mags or something, if you know how to do stuff like that.
>>
>>29335789
The springs are stupid stiff for the first 100 or so rounds, but they're breddy gud otherwise

If you get a railed one and an optic, they're accurate as fuck because you don't have a moving front sight

Own a Vmac-9 and it's breddy nice
Wish it were an SBR or rifle though
Would be more practical
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 960x960
>>29338484
Thanks man, just what I wanted to hear, can't wait for my return to show up now.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.