[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good/bad is the AUG? are there any issues with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: Steyr_AUG.jpg (22 KB, 750x288) Image search: [Google]
Steyr_AUG.jpg
22 KB, 750x288
How good/bad is the AUG? are there any issues with it?
>>
yes there's usually a big faggot behind the buttstock who can't shut up about how awesome the aug is
>>
Trigger issues, it's just in the nature, however you can get around that if you spend more $$
Sights are gonna be really close together if you even put BUIS on it, meaning the rifle is going to be less accurate. (most people I've seen have never even had them)
Earlier models have to use factory steyr mags
In my personal opinion, the magazine is harder to change in a hurry compared to standard pattern rifles.
>>
Only bullpup worth the $ is the PS90
>>
>>29331359
for around half the price you can get a better weapon although if you really want an AUG id go with the 9mm conversion. Fixes a lot of problems and makes it a neat SMG.
>>
>>29331434
What weapon is better that is half the price?
>>
>>29331434
>9mm conversion

No longer being imported because lolnosportingpurpose.
>>
Until the Tavor is more widespread and has a healthier aftermarket, its the best bullpup money can buy. It should be recognized that it was a rifle from the 70s intended to be used as-is, so they tend to get a bit of hate from aussies that try updating them with clunky rail systems and massive GL systems, turning them into front-heavy monstrosities.
They don't take stanag mags by default.
>>
>>29331376

this

Also, the AUG is just fucking ugly, go get a tavor.
>>
99% of you pelicans posting here have never even held one let alone fired one, range or field

YES trigger sucks but aesthetically its a dream to shoot
>>
>>29331359
MEDIOCRE
E
D
I
OCRE
I
D
E
M
>>
How comfortable is this or the Tavor to shoot prone?
>>
>>29331675
>don't you know you have to be pretty when you shoot!
hello noguns
>>
File: SAM_0003.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0003.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>29331376
>>29331507
Here's a (You)

>>29331403
I agree with the waffle mag part. They seat tightly.
>>
>>29331483
What part of shall not be infringed do you not get?
>>
>>29331507
tavor is even worse
>>
>>29331760
I understand it perfectly, the ATF are the ones with the problem.
>>
>>29331507
>Assuming that people can shoot on a Norwegian pelican enthusiast forum
>>
>>29331722
not the guy from >>29331675 but as long as you're not shooting for your live or your living, your gun being beautiful matters. Why do you think so many of us like old guns?
>>
>>29331473
An AR15.
>>
>>29331483
Good. 9mm carbines are complete garbage even in their full auto variations. Only a moron would carry around a rifle length 9mm.
>>
>>29331945
>I don't like this thing
>So no one else should be able to enjoy it either

Go drink a bullet you waste of skin.
>>
File: SAM_0006.jpg (1 MB, 1844x1383) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0006.jpg
1 MB, 1844x1383
>>29331706
About exactly the same as an AR-15 or AK while you're shooting prone

Except instead of angling the front of the gun upward you angle the gun to the side, people make a huge fucking deal of it for some odd reason but they have absolutely no merit
>>
>>29331501

>Better aftermarket

How? It's nearly non-exsistant, and made worse by the fact that Steyr discontinued the SA model. The new M1 forces you to use their rail options only.
>>
File: SAM_0004.jpg (1 MB, 1844x1383) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0004.jpg
1 MB, 1844x1383
>>29332102
I can definitely agree with this, and another reason AUG aftermarket is fairly garbage Steyr are just about more jewish IWI. Want a 20" barrel? Have fun paying 400 fucking dollars. No. Fuck that.
>>
>>29332119
You do realize the quick change barrels are a fairly exclusive feature, yes?
>>
>>29332132
Completely worthless at every level in a carbine/assault rifle like the AUG.

My main complaint with the AUG is being able to properly zero IR lasers with the canted receiver rails. I don't see anyone running NVG with these and I suspect they aren't very good at it.

Any rifle that isn't compatible with NODs is a no go this side of the year 2000.
>>
>>29332164
>>
>>29332164
It's pretty much why the Straya's have switched over to rails

I'm just a faggot and integrated optics give me a hardon, I have no use for IR lasers
>>
>>29331507
>>29331501
I wonder who could be behind these posts.
>>
Saw an AUG being used in the raid in Belgium the other day, so that's cool, imo.
>>
>>29332197
Oy vey, Ive been found out!
But really, the reason people fap on about the Tavor so much is because it was decent on release and (assuming it doesn't have some glaring QC issues or something) the X95 is shaping up to be the premier bullpup.
>>
>>29332278
>not the MDR

You forgot how to use the word 'goyim'.
>>
Just shot one the other day at a machine gun range in Miami.
the semi/full fun trigger was odd at first but you catch on quick, quite smooth too.
mags were bad to reload but alot can blame on ar-15 reload habits.
all in all fun gun but for civilian ownership, I'd still take my ar.
>>
>>29332348
The X95 has AR style controls(specifically the mag release location) that lends itself well to the US market and (as an added bonus) isn't vaporware. The only appeal of the MDR is the .308 option (the Keltec RFB looks nicer desu) and the forward ejection, which FN did 15 years ago.
>>
>>29331501
>>29331507
>>29332348
>>29332278
>>29332197
>>29332445

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9lZO74YCE

Don't let the jew deceive you
>>
>>29331359

As a left handed poorfag; RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE WHY CAN'T I OWN A BULLPUP RRRRREEEEEEE
>>
>>29331945

9mm carbines are fun plinking guns, like .22lr guns.

I have a hipoint carbine I use a hobby gun and a range gun.
>>
>>29332457
aug isn't left handed friendly?
>>
>>29332469

No because the brass would eject on your face. But I guess I could always get a left handed one.
>>
>>29332475
we're riding the same train then
>>
>>29331417
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
>>
>>29332454
Forget that faggot. Hes the same guy who broke his pmag and then made a thread about it every day for a month because the idea that people weren't mourning the loss of his pmag made him upset. Hes the same guy that, in spite of knowing full well the ACRs reputation for poor QC, bough one and whined about how shit it was. He makes inflammatory clickbait trash and endless response videos. In short, hes a angry little man who doesn't like guns but spends far too much on them and gets buyers remorse.
>>
>>29332469
>>29332475

They can be converted for use by lefties. You buy a left handed bolt, install it, then swap the ejection port cover over to the other side. I'm not sure if they offer a left handed model from the factory, if they don't they really should.
>>
>>29332526
i don't care who the hell he is, im talking about the video itself, a tavor was thrown into a bit of water, mud and dirt, and bang, and tavor.exe stopped working, and that shows alot of reliability issues, even the ar performed better
>>
>>29332454

Wasting dads money: the video
>>
>>29332560
a single video doesn't mean a whole lot, like how according to Ians mud test the ar outperforms the ak by a country mile. i sort of question what sort of swamp water that was though, since ive had an ar and 2 aks run fine after full immersion in liquid mud.
>>
File: cringe.png.mp3.gif.webm.wav.exe.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png.mp3.gif.webm.wav.exe.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
>>29332454

>e port
>>
It is exactly as good as the guy pulling the trigger, just like >95% of all guns.
>>
>>29332457

You can convert it to left handed ejection out of the box, dumbass
>>
>>29332653
A new bolt is over $200
>>
>>29332621
Whats with the weird undercurrent of asshurt in that vid? He reminds me of Elliot rogers, but hes mad about making the video rather than woman not sleeping with him.
>>
>>29332639
>like how according to Ians mud test the ar outperforms the ak by a country mile
in accuracy? yeah,
reliability? not so much
>>
>>29332639

>I want a proper test with mil-spec swamp water

AR: the post.
>>
I'm a fan of ambidextrous rifles.
>>
>>29331359
The trigger sucks but that shit doesn't even matter. It doesn't eject forward or downward which makes it shit compared to any real modern bullpup. Also I consider that type of trigger guard to be a design flaw.

Step it up Steyr you're going irrelevant.
>>
>>29332677
the ak failed after 1 round
the ar managed all 5 shots flawlessly
hence the endless threads. my point was that basing an opinion of a gun on a single video is pure hyperbole, since there is a video on youtube to support any opinion.
>>
>>29332690
I don't know why but I find the idea of mil spec swamp water highly amusing.
>>
>>29332690
This, so much this
>>
>>29332726
look at the video again, he had to rack the charging handle everytime he shoots, like some kind of bolt action rifle, the AK however, never malfunctioned
>>
>>29332750
You got that exactly backwards.
>>
>>29332750
i was talking about Ians one, where the ak fails on the first shot but the ar runs fine. my point was that you can find a video to support any side of any discussion, therefore basing your opinions on one is dumb.
>>
>>29332690
Funny because the first comment after InRange's AK mud test was about how arizona desert mud wasn't the same as euro mud for AKs.

ARfags - not just for ARs
>>
>>29332187
Looks like hell on your wrists desu.
>>
>>29332530

The charging handle is also on the left, which isn't bad for lefties unless you're a strict practitioner of "DONT EVER TAKE YOUR STRONG HAND OFF THE GUN"
>>
>>29333117
I've never agreed with that line of thought. If the guns empty there's no point in obsessing over keeping your hand on the grip. On the AR15 it's the most ergonomic way to reload. That doesn't mean it's applicable for all weapons.
>>
>>29331359
>had an AR for years
>buy AUG
>sell AUG two years later
>buy new AR the way I wanted it
The AUG is bretty gud, but I think bullpups in general are overrated. Sure they handle well and are compact, but the accuracy leaves something to be desired. Now this is purely my own opinion, so >inb4 fudd

>captcha: sandwiches
>only shows burgers
>>
>>29331359
It's an AR-18 with a forward canting bolt carrier, in a bullpup package, hard to fuck up, especially if you're Steyr and have experience with making weapons.

The MSAR clones seem alright and they take NATO mags.

>>29331417
Opinion discarded.

>>29331434
>Fixes a lot of problems
Such as what?

>>29331507
No, the AUG has a sleek and sexy aesthetic, the Tavor looks boring as fuck outside of a select few configs. I'd much rather have a Galil than a Tavor.

>>29331945
They're fucking fun though, you big jiggaboo.
>>
File: gross.png (76 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
76 KB, 375x360
>>29331966
>>29332464
>>29333198
>2016
>Owning guns whose POU isn't WROLSHTFTEOTWAWKIMADCIVILUNRESTGTNWRACEWARCIVILWARAYYLMAOINVASION
>>
>>29331359
I like mine much more than shooting an AR. The breakdown is awesome and it is a quality gun. It definitely cut my giblets though that it doesn't come with fucking out of the box sights unless you pay 2k to get an integrated scope. That's fucking silly. Also the aftermarket is pretty much nill with one guy supplying the parts. The good news is I'll never worry about replacing a barrel cause it ain't hard. Cleaning her is a dream and she feels so much nicer than anything else I've held. If only the US had adopted her we could be showering in surplus.
>>
>>29333298
Oh and sadly Steyr fucked up when they did the 9mm kit and didn't use uzi stick mags so there's more jewery there. I'm on the fence about getting a tavor. I think I'll just get one on the cheap and try her it. Then more than likely will convert her to 9mm
>>
>>29332514
>>29333198
The PS90 is literally sex. The other guy's wrong about the price, and it's hella expensive to feed, but I'd pay double for my original raifu from vidya.

>tfw playing cs years ago and really digging the space gun
>tfw years later holding (a sadly neutered version of) her in your hands

Maybe love makes you stupid, idk. What I do know is that love makes you broke.
>>
>>29333311
Why would they make it take uzi mags, then have to get the rights to produce said mags, when they could make it take mags from an SMG they produce themselves?
>>
>>29333359
Because some of us like standardization. Though for some reason I do love their waffle mags way more than AR STANAGs. Of course all of the whiners here ignore the fact that Steyr is making AUGs that take the STANAG mags right now.
>>
>>29333371
I'd have gotten the NATO version if they didn't sacrifice the bolt release. It's a good thing the waffle mags are god tier.
>>
>>29333319
I'm not saying the PS90 is bad, I'm saying it's not the only bullpup worth owning.
>>
>>29331359
I wish they'd make an original instead of the ones with rails on the optic
>>
>>29332164
>Completely worthless at every level in a carbine/assault rifle like the AUG.
>doesn't realize what the purpose of the heavy barrel is
>>
>>29333385
Yeah they really are awesome.
>>
>>29333483
Its purpose is to create some outdated BREN abortion. We get it, it's your raifu. It'll never be a LMG and it means nothing in terms of armory refurbishment or practical use.
>>
>>29332454
>this dogshit reload method

Why do people like bullpups so much?
>>
Aug is the king of bullpups

Aug>Tavor>PS90>FS2000> EVERYTHING ELSE
>>
>>29334405
Because they're an interesting and very viable result of experimentation even if they do very slightly further complicate the action of a trigger group for a more compact package

Why do people act like old stubborn farts so much?
>>
>>29334445
People who hate bullpups are just tomorrows fudd lmao
>>
>>29333194
You are a fudd though. Being a bullpup has nothing to do with accuracy, only your ability to wring accuracy out of a shorter sight radius. The rifle can be just as accurate but w/o optic it'll be harder to read.
>>
>>29334427
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT AUGLLAH!
>>
>>29335151
AUGla-hu akbar
>>
>>29333319
The PS90 is OK but I'd seriously pick the AUG or an F2000 over it any day.
>>
Nothing at all functionally wrong with them. However trigger leaves a little to be desired. I really liked shooting them. Accurate as anything else with a good barrel. A bit expensive but they offer specific features like a quick change barrel that sort of justify the price.
>>
>>29331359
It's reliable and easier to field strip and clean than an AK.

Also they have two versions one that takes AR mags and one that uses waffle mags, but the waffle mags are super cheap.

Tavor sucks, enfield sucks and the famas sucks.

Aug is the only good bullpup.
>>
>>29331507
Aug is just a copy with more plastic on it.
>>
>>29338699
>Aug is a copy
Are you sure Billy?
>>
>>29332475
>>29332484
AUGs are ambi, you can change the ejection port
>>
K&M is the only 3.5-5.5 lb trigger bullpup made. Unless the WA2000 is better...
>>
File: sassy black women shooting.jpg (79 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
sassy black women shooting.jpg
79 KB, 450x800
>>29331359
One of the better bullpups out there.
I personally prefer the Tavor over the AUG, but its more a matter of preference
>>29332348
>Hey guys, look at this awesome bullpup we're going to be releasing in a couple months
Next year
>Hey guys, look at this awesome bullpup that we're going to be releasing in a couple months
Year after that
>Hey guys, look at this awesome bullpup thata we're going to be releasing in a couple months
They're probably going to Kel-Tec the living shit out of that gun.

>>29332454
Fuck that skeleton. He always rubs me the wrong way. Even with shit I agree with.
He shoots looking like some weird chick-stance with a stick up his ass.

>>29332663
I think its just the way he is. Every video he makes, he gives off that weird pissy vibe.
>>
>>29332526
>In short, hes a angry little man who doesn't like guns but spends far too much on them and gets buyers remorse.
He probably thinks the "no bullshit" approach he takes will make his youtube channel take off so he can do nutnfancy things professionally.
Or he's just naturally has a stick up his ass about everything that isn't exactly how he wants it.

>>29332119
The tavor has a pretty good aftermarket and the x95 can only help it for those who want the AR mag release. I took a short gander at the AUG, you're pretty much stuck with the trigger that comes with it.

>>29332132
It is essentially a useless feature...like caliber conversions.
>>
>>29331359
I used these in my gap year with the Navy (all personnel receive basic weapons training for whatever reason) and didn't necessarily have any problems with it. As others have said, the trigger is a bit crappy, and I personally don't like the bullpup design - but having the gun so close to your body does feel pretty good when aiming.

I wished our service would use another (cooler) gun but I've never heard any of my friends complain about it much.
>>
File: EF88 Steyr.jpg (25 KB, 750x318) Image search: [Google]
EF88 Steyr.jpg
25 KB, 750x318
>>29331359
I've got an F88A2. (picatinny rail along the top)The only problem with it that I've had thus far has been that the standard sight on it is dogshit (But ACOG isn't too hard to come by). The trigger takes a little getting used to, but after a few range shoots its more than fine, I find for watch and shoots it's actually better than a lot of triggers out there, pressure wise. The only legit problem with it (my model) is the rear swing swivel is completely unnecessary and gets in the way on occasion, which is minor as fuck.

As for maintenance, at the front of where the working parts slide for the cocking handle, there's one or two nooks and crannies that are hard to get the carbon build-up out of. Other than that, it's pretty good to go. Really easy to take apart and clean for the most part, especially since the butt group can be hand washed without any chance of damaging the receiver group or bolt group.

Speaking of Steyr, Who's pumped for the EF88 here? WEW
>>
File: FAMAS-F1_vs_G2.png (38 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS-F1_vs_G2.png
38 KB, 800x557
>>29338683
>famas sucks
The F1 sucks
The G2 is actually kind of good, which is why it wasn't adopted
>>
>>29342769
you ar enot fooling anyone G2 sucks too

>still use special snowflakes magazines NOW WITH A 30rnds CAPACITY WEW LADS
>huge as fuck thing on the bottom of the rifle just so you can use winter gloves, and this is for everyone and can't be removed
>tiny as fuck iron sight making almost impossible to aim correctly at your targets
>60 billions internal pieces that make rifle jam at the slight piece of dust that get inside
>retarded safety & fire selector position

it would have been so good with actual good designers but that's not the case, so you end up with the perfect shooting range rifle not suitable for combat AT ALL
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.