[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so who is this guy? http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2016/2 0-m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: yank.jpg (90 KB, 691x564) Image search: [Google]
yank.jpg
90 KB, 691x564
so who is this guy?

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2016/20-march-kurdish-pmerga-and-an-american-volunteer-celebrate
>>
>>29330939
Not American. And he should take that fucking flag patch off his blouse.
>>
assuming that he's ex military, and correct me if I'm wrong, the maroon beret could indicate that he is or used to be air force

can anyone identify any of the insgnia?
>>
>>29330991
how can you tell?
>>
File: yank2 .jpg (70 KB, 610x516) Image search: [Google]
yank2 .jpg
70 KB, 610x516
another pic, to me he looks very caucasian, could easily be american
>>
>>29331012
How can you not? It is overt. Are you not American?
>>
>>29331143
No, I'm not. Please explain.
>>
>>29331003

Maroon is Army Airborne or USAF PJ. The flash is slightly shaped like a PJ flash but it's hard to tell.
>>
>>29331149
Sorry, bro. You gotta be from here in order to notice your own.
>>
>>29331164
so you don't actually know but are just assuming
>>
>>29331128
Definitely not American. That guy is a poser through and through.
>>
File: yank3.jpg (73 KB, 614x562) Image search: [Google]
yank3.jpg
73 KB, 614x562
third picture
>>
>>29331168
Did you associate with your neighbors growing up? Could you immediately tell who didn't belong if a new guy showed up? We Americans can do that on a large scale.
>>
>>29331161
It does look a bit PJey, eh?
>>
>>29331180
the badge is the same shape, it's evident in the 2nd pic
>>
Not American. Cons; Personal space, wear of the beret, method of holding the rifle, affectionate, etc. It is obvious he is not American.
>>
>>29331185
yeah, i was agreeing with ya
>>
>>29331188
that's interesting, what strikes you the most about how he holds his gun?
>>
>>29331196
While in uniform, you maintain a distance and your weapon should be pointed downward.
>>
Well, on his right sleeve he has the kurdistan flag and below the peshmerga insignia, trying to figure out what the skull patch is, if anything at all.

Assuming he's a fake and someone pretending to be pararescue, what would the peshmerga benefit from keeping him around? Propaganda? But there's a bunch of real volunteers around, why make one up? Maybe they really think he is american?
>>
He could easily be an American and just not an actual USMIL veteran.
>>
>>29331270
No. The only way he could be American is if he was an immigrant.

Please don't tell me you don't recognize your own.
>>
OP here, can't find any more info on him.

If he is fighting around Şengal then there's plenty of more volunteers in the area. Tried to look him up on some photos but didn't find him.

However, most volunteers were 40 at the most, and this guy could be pushing 60. Based on what you were telling me I'd guess he's some local guy pretending to be ex PJ and pose for photos. Seems weird tho.

Couldn't identify the skull patch. It could be some made-up bullshit. Yet to me the skull design somehow distantly resembles the MACV-SOG patch, though it doesn't seem like it in any other way.
>>
>>29331443
I am an airborne infantryman from the 82nd. I posed for pics many times. I never hugged or shrugged. You stand apart from me. That nonsense is fake. Do not believe it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.