[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use trigger locks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Trigger lock.png (132 KB, 406x226) Image search: [Google]
Trigger lock.png
132 KB, 406x226
Do you use trigger locks?
>>
For transporting, yes.
>>
>>29330470
Nope
>>
>>29330470
Yes, especially on my home defense gun. You can't be too safe, because you never know when a gun will just decide to randomly fire.

For my HD pistol
>trigger lock
>magazine out of gun and across the room
>ammunition in a locked box at the top of the closet
>key for ammunition box in bathroom cabinet

I would leave the ammunition box unlocked, but for the sake of the safety of myself and my family I can't take the chance that the pistiol will find the magazine, load itself and decide to shoot me or one of my loved ones.
>>
>>29330501
canada pls
>>
Never heard of them
>>
I use a safe. For transporting I leave it unloaded with the bolt open in its case.
>>
Lel, no.
>>
>>29330470
Lol
>>
>>29330501

You're taking some serious chances with your life here. You should seriously consider changing your safety procedures.

Here's my setup:
>gun with trigger lock in safe
>key for safe in garage across the house
>ammunition buried in back yard
>magazine disassembled and parts placed in separate safe
>key for second safe in neighbor's safe

I think this is the only way you can truly protect your family from such a dangerous, vicious object.
>>
>>29330543
You're not thorough enough in your safety, how can you be so callous?

>Gun completely disassembled with trigger lock in, inside lockbox in the safe
>Keys in three seperate Swiss Bank account lock boxes
>Barrel stored at the police station
>Slide given to wife because she knows best
>Springs destroyed with new ones in Midway USA shopping cart
>Destroy babby killing salt magazines
>Only load rounds 1 at a time into chamber.
>>
>>29330543
No. There are still plenty of ways your gun can still go off and injure or kill every infant in the neighborhood. You should go with this method of protecting innocent lives from your deadly, evil killing machine:
>gun entirely dissassembled
>each piece individually placed in a separate safe
>combination for each safe unknown to you, but written on individual sheets of paper distributed evenly between your neighbors
>magazine stored in safe deposit box in a town at least 10 miles from your home
>ammunition stored in locked vault under guard at local police station.
>>
File: 1451197877828.png (246 KB, 1152x791) Image search: [Google]
1451197877828.png
246 KB, 1152x791
>>29330593
>Springs destroyed with new ones in Midway USA shopping cart
>>
>>29330593
>live ammunition stored in your home

No, just no. I can't even. How do you expect your extended family to live for a single night when you store destructive weapons of mass casualties in your home.

At a minimum:
>each piece of reloading equipment in different room of house
>primers in attic, individually packaged in clamshell packing
>unfinished brass stored in shed in back yard
>powder in triple lock fireproof safe
>bullets in individual lockboxes with time-locks
>>
I actually am in the market for a gun lock, I was thinking a combination cable lock though.
That way it's relatively secure but I can crack it with bolt cutters if i forget the combination.
>>
>>29330593
you're going to ruin your extractor unless you're using a magazine.
>>
>>29330470
Fuck no I live in America

I even keep all my cheaply bought unregistered nfa items in my 4 year Olds closet. Never can tell when I'll need back up/suppressive fire during a HD scenario
>>
>>29330710
The lives of my wife and wife's son are more valuable than the evil bullet claw.
>>
>>29330501
>>29330543
>>29330593
>>29330608
>>29330665
>2016
>Not disassembling your guns down to the individual atoms and then scattering them throughout the solar system for safe keeping
It's like you guys don't even practice common sense gun safety
>>
gun lock on each gun, cable lock strung through all my guns while they're stacked together in a gun safe, a lockbox for transporting gun from safes to triple deadbolted safe cleaning area for maintenance or for travel to the lockbox inside my locked trunk (for when I need to take my guns for their monthly inspection at the local gun regulatory agency)

just kidding I live in America, most of my gun are literally hung on the walls
>>
File: Children and firearm safety.jpg (46 KB, 720x550) Image search: [Google]
Children and firearm safety.jpg
46 KB, 720x550
>>29330717
>>
>>29330470
I use one to attach a vibrator to my underwear for secure, discreet anal stimulation in restrictive social situations like Easter Mass or probation visits.

But they are useless for guns.
>>
>>29330470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJFQO4DIxw
no 5 minutes in
>>
>>29331063
Very sound logistics. You ought to be glad handed.
>>
>>29331097
The guy is interesting to listen to when it comes to security, including gun locks and gun safes and how to travel with them and he seems very pro 2a. His idea of topping off a shotgun with less than lethal rounds seems like a very bad idea though.
>>
>>29331154
>His idea of topping off a shotgun with less than lethal rounds seems like a very bad idea though.
It is a bad idea. I take anything from defcon to with a grain of salt, simply because of the brand of humor prevalent and they're human.
>>
>>29330797
Fucking kekd have a (you) on the house
>>
>>29330501
>>29330501
>this is literally what they mandate by law in UK
>and their bobbies drop in to check up on you and make sure
>kek
>>
>>29331204
>>29331204
also home defense is illegal
>>
File: WP_20150115_001.jpg (483 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150115_001.jpg
483 KB, 1632x916
>>29330470
yeah sure man
>>
File: this is my trigger lock.jpg (20 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
this is my trigger lock.jpg
20 KB, 640x362
>>29330470
>>
>>29331210
>standing in kitchen
>see trespassers in yard
>point kitchen knife at then through window
>get hassled by cops for brandishing a weapon
>>
>>29330501
>>29330543
>>29330797
>>29330593
kek
>>
>>29331229
Good one.
>>
File: 80.jpg (801 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
801 KB, 1462x1462
>>29330797
>>
>>29331232
Wasn't there an incident with a farm owner ordered to take down his barbed wire becuase thieves complained to cops that they get cut up while trespassing or something like that? You can't even have basic security there.
>>
>>29331244
yes
>>
>>29330470
Considering I live in Cuckachusetts, i have to.

Unless I'm carrying on my person, they have to be locked up. If I leave my home, I have to lock everything in a cabinet or with trigger locks. If the cops EVER have to enter my home (if I'm unable to give permission.) They would buttfuck me if i have nothing locked. I had two coworkers last year get their guns taken away, one fought for 7 months to get his ONE pre-ban Beretta 92F back.
>>
>>29330470
No, they are a safety hazard.
>>
>>29330470
Yes, with a small amount of dremel work they fit perfectly into my my AK's muzzle grenade launcher.
Fuckers pack a wallop
>>
>>29330470
I leave a trigger lock on my self defense gun (SKS) because I leave two fully loaded clips in the case with it. I don't use locks for my other guns because the ammo is locked away in a small storage safe.
>>
>>29330797
Imagine, the stars we know ARE parts of this gun and eventually some cosmic being will come back to assemble that weapon to kill god with it.
>>
File: 1442552485387.png (116 KB, 625x800) Image search: [Google]
1442552485387.png
116 KB, 625x800
>>29330797
>>
No.

I live myself, so I don't have to worry about kids or random people fucking around with my guns.
>>
Yes, because they are pretty much mandatory in Belgium.
They don't really get in the way imo.
And for those wondering, if you ever lose the key or forget the combination, you can just crack it open with a screwdriver at the side of the trigger guard.
>>
>>29330501

Holy shit! Are you serious? I can't believe you would make your guns so easy to access.

This is what you should be doing.
>safe located in a specially designed room that is cast in concrete and bolted to the floor
>door to this room is locked with no less than 3 deadbolts that accept different keys and a combination lock
>one key stashed in attic buried underneath inaulation, one behind my refrigerator, and the last one buried in my backyard underneath that plastic pink flamingo
>the combination is digital and changes each time it is opened, to receive the new combination you need to go to the local police department with 2 forms of ID and the last combination
>go back home, open door and safe, reassemble guns, take off the trigger locks
>retrieve ammo from the hidden room behind your bedroom closet
>load mags
>use firearm in a reasonable and lawful way

Anything less is just asking for a school shooting or a child accidentally shooting themselves.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.