[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pakistan is looking to replace its service rifles the G3 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: arx-200-collapsed.png (457 KB, 2000x959) Image search: [Google]
arx-200-collapsed.png
457 KB, 2000x959
Pakistan is looking to replace its service rifles the G3 and the Type 56.

They're trialling the: Beretta ARX-200, CZ-806 BREN 2, FN SCAR, Kalashnikov AK-103, and Zastava M21.

Which one should they go for?

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/weapons/2016/03/16/pakistan-seeks-new-service-rifle-upgraded-ordnance-facilities/81882200/
>>
I hope they get the ARX.
>>
>>29327553
Anything cheap which rules out the SCAR.
>>
>>29327629

The SCAR is extremely cheap to manufacture which means they can offer very competitive bids when it comes to buyers of this nature.
>>
>>29327700
>The SCAR is extremely cheap to manufacture which means they can offer very competitive bids when it comes to buyers of this nature.

And how much to replace every service rifle, supply spare parts, train armorers and retrain everyone on new manual of drills? Not to mention new ammunition stocks piles starting from scratch, Pakistan is not that wealthy.
>>
>>29327751

Again surprisingly little considering the main selling point of the SCAR is the extended service of the rifle, it's components, and the interchangeability thereof between calibers.

If your adopting a completely new platform anyways, the SCAR is certainly not a bad option.
>>
I bet they end up with the AK-103, everybody in that region is familiar with that manual of arms.
>>
>>29327553

SCAR
>>
File: Glock22.jpg (192 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
Glock22.jpg
192 KB, 700x471
>>
>>29328680
I think they're not replacing their grenades.
>>
>>29327751
Service rifle costs are peanuts when considering the whole picture. Even african nations have SCARs.
>>
>>29327553

I'd bet that they go for the AK103 or the CZ-806
>>
I hope ARX-chan succeeds
>>
>>29327629

Is Kenya richer than Pakistan?
>>
>>29329459
yes
>>
>>29329459
Kenya at least has blood diamonds and ivory and shit. Pakistan is a mooselum offshoot of DESIGNATED SHITTING country
>>
>>29328739
>>29329459
Those are reserved for select units. Kenya still has the G3 as their service rifle.
>>
>>29328070
this
>>
The arx is bretty gud actually
>>
>>29328724
Le funny glok meeme
>>
>>29332208
>thread about country looking for a service riffle
>posts glock as meme
>gets assblasted when someone posts glock meme as response
>>
>>29327751

>And how much to replace every service rifle, supply spare parts, train armorers and retrain everyone on new manual of drills? Not to mention new ammunition stocks piles starting from scratch, Pakistan is not that wealthy.

That's exactly what happens if they replace it with anything, except maybe easier training transition to the 103 due to already using the AKM.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.