[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be my first gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 767x767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 767x767
Hey /k/ I'm legally able to purchase a gun now and not sure what to get

The max I can afford is $800
>>
M1 Garand from the CMP
>>
>>29326583
/thread
>>
Depends on age/state restrictions

21+ (can buy a pistol). Get a handgun they're cheaper than rifles and ammunition is also cheaper. I'd recommend 9mm as you can get 1,000 rounds for around 200 bucks. It also gives you the option to carry concealed.

Pistols I'd recommend: Lionheart LH9, TP9 SA, Berretta 92A1 Compact, CZ-75, Sig Sauer P226, and Glock 19.

If you're dead set on a rifle get a WASR-10 best budget AK and AK ammo is super cheap.
>>
>>29326676
>learning to shoot on a handgun

This is a terrible idea.
>>
>>29326676
>Get a handgun they're cheaper than rifles
why you lying though?
>>29326683
and why are you so wrong?
>>
>>29326766
I can buy a DP51 (precursor to the LH9) for 200 dollars, name a rifle that's not total shit that I can buy for the same price
>>
>>29326683
how is learning to shoot a handgun a terrible idea?
>>
>>29326583
that's not a bad idea, downside is 30-06 is somewhat expensive. There are far cheaper rounds to shoot
>>
File: tumblr_o325mtXfv21tre780o1_1280.jpg (387 KB, 1280x1480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o325mtXfv21tre780o1_1280.jpg
387 KB, 1280x1480
>>29327060
Most of the Marlin .22 family would be a good option at that price point. Unless you were specifically interested in HD, in which case I'd probably recommend a Chinese or Turkish 12ga pump. Or CC, I guess, you'd need a handgun for that.
>>
buy a handgun, its more practical, its more of a challenge and joy to shoot.
>>
>>29327060
>you can buy this one cherrypicked shit gun for cheap, so I proved handguns are cheaper than rifles
marlin 60s are cheaper still.
>>
Cheapest and best option I can find for a handgun

DP51 (250 on gunbroker at the moment, but I've seen it go for cheaper before)

MBI 124 grain FMJ from bulk Ammo (210 bucks from bulkammo)

Smith and Wesson 5900 series magazine (fits in DP51) 20 bucks on midway USA.

Go Nuts
>>
>>29327216
>Bitches about me cherrypicking a handgun

>Cherrypicks rifle, and a shit one at that

My argument still stands, you can get a very high quality handgun cheaper than a very high quality rifle. You're also overlooking that I'm talking about a full size caliber, you're talking about a .22lr.
>>
Buy a Hi-Point C9 and live forever.
>>
>>29327248
https://media.giphy.com/media/USNlL9p2fxY6Q/giphy.gif
>>
>>29327265
>See you space cowboy
>>
>>29327247
>and a shit one at that
confirmed for never owned a marlin 60
>very high quality handgun
>dp51
u wut
>>
Get a makarov or any cheaper but still reliable handgun. You dont want it to be in some ultra rare caliber or anything. Or even just a $100 lorcin or jennings or something because man you have to admit they look pretty cool

A good starter rifle?? SKS hands down. Cheap, efficient, and reliable. And if you want you can customize the living shit out of them if thats your kind of thing.
>>
>>29327370
>sks
>cheap
canada plz go
>customize the living shit out of them
bubba plz go
>>
>>29327342
>Thinks .22lr rifle is as practical as a 9mm pistol

what the fuck would he use a .22lr for? and why would he buy one now? The ammo is ridiculously expensive compared to pre-sandy hook.

>Thinks that DP51 isn't quality for a handgun you can get for 250

It's a proven service pistol that you can get in the 200 dollar price range, if that's not quality for you I don't know what is.
>>
>>29327444
I'm not sure if you're baiting or just actually this stupid. I really want to say it's bait, but I honestly don't think it is.
>>
>>29327459
that's honestly what I'm thinking about you. Seriously, you have an ADULT asking for their first firearm. I would give a marlin 60 to a kid but for an adult's first firearm? Fuck no
>>
>>29327459
You can't use the Marlin 60 for home defense, you can't conceal carry it. The only argument you can make for it is hunting small game.

Whereas you can defend your home and conceal carry the DP51.

And yes, the Marlin is a shit little pump .22lr. Seriously, you could have at least recommended a Savage Mk II.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 383x132) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 383x132
>>
>>29327370
>SKS
>Thinks they're cheap when WASR 10's exist
>>
build an AR
>hunt rabbits to deer
>home defense
>not too expensive
>longish range shooting fun
>unlimited ammo types
>pisses off liberals

D O I T
O

I
T
>>
>>29327592
>the Marlin is a shit little pump .22lr
I don't think you know what gun we're even talking about.
>>
Get the Scar-H
>>
>>29327723
Honestly, as generic as it is, every American ought to build an AR. It is the greatest symbol of America I can think of: you can build the weapon however you damn well please (individualism), but at the end it ultimately conforms to that essential, successful design (patriotism). I can't think of anything more American.
>>
>>29328191
I'm talking about what I got when I googled Marlin 60

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/selfloading/60.asp
>>
Go to pawn shop, look at guns.

See one you like, buy it.

Don't take advice online unless you're looking at something specific, or everybody is going to recomend their favorite meme gun.

$800 is a good amount for two mid-tier guns. You could go buy a single barrel break-shotgun and a semi-auto sporting rifle.
>>
>>29328562
do you see a pump on that gun?
>>
>>29327723

>first time gun purchaser
>build an AR
>for $800
That seems like a task for somebody with more experience.
>>
>>29328682
ARs are simple as fuck to assemble. if you can't do that, you probably can't strip a gun to clean it either.
>>
>>29327715
>thinks WASR's are still cheap
>cheaper than SKS even

Sorry 2012 anon, I have some bad news...
>>
>>29326676
Can buy a handgun through private sale legally 18+
>>
>>29328755

As a first time purchaser, that's good to know.

Now I just wish /arg/ contained some useful information explaining how to go about doing it.
>>
>>29328630
no, I was wrong, however you're still saying that a .22 rifle is the most practical first firearm for an adult to buy. Which is fucking retarded
>>
>>29328800
that's super grey area of the law, and even if you could you might not be able to buy ammo (unless you buy online, in which case maybe).
>>
>>29328797
>Thinks 620 dollars is expensive
>Thinks that a shit Norinco at 300 is a better value than a WASR

still pretty cheap and for what you pay they're far better than an SKS
>>
>>29329201
>you're still saying that a .22 rifle is the most practical first firearm for an adult to buy
holy putting words in someone's mouth, batman. I literally never said anything close to that.
>>
>>29326676
Why you gotta lie to the guy? And the only good handgun you listed was the p226. Op, get a Remington 700 and call it a day.
>>
>>29328562
So wait, you're shit talking a gun that you've never personally fired or even SEEN until you googled it?
>>
>>29327060
I bought a ruger 10/22 for $260. My glock 19 was $550 with a LEO discount.

I'm in Hawaii though. We don't like guns even though 40% of the population has at least one.
>>
92FS MANG
>>
>>29327183
>handgun
>more practical
I've never found a gun with as many uses as my shotgun. I can hunt anything I want to, whether it has four legs or feathers, shoot clay pigeons or paper targets, and defend my home from those who wish to do nuffin to me. If a man can only own one gun, it should be a shotgun.
>>
>>29327099
I bought 192 rounds in clips for $115
free shipping and it was delivered in a day

that's not too bad if you ask me
>>
>>29331014
It's not bad, I plan to do exactly that, but that's a little under $.50 a round, which isn't exactly cheap.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.