[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I need help to find the best self defense/ prepper weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1456801254292.png (134 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456801254292.png
134 KB, 500x375
Hey /k/ I need help to find the best self defense/ prepper weapon for me.

I'm a victim of the Lautenberg amendment

(I fought my dad when I was 17 and because of this Amendment I can never own or posses a gun. Felons can get their rights restored but not people with Domestic Violence charges. Let me repeat it as some idiots think you can YOU CAN NOT GET YOUR GUN RIGHTS RESTORED.)

Anyway, things are getting worse in the world daily and I want to have a small horde of supplies in case something were to happen.
My main problem is I don't have a weapon to prevent people from ever stealing my stuff.

Sure I have a baseball bat but against a gun the odds are against me.

Anything that isn't a gun that can be used that is highly effective? The only thing I could really think of is a machete but still not much better than a bat or hammer.
>>
>>29323312
buy a gun through private transfer and shut up about it.
>>
what >>29323428 said or build your own.

AR15: http://www.polymer80.com/Buy-Build-Shoot-Rifle-Kit-Keymod-Handguard-Version_p_1767.html

Glockish thing: http://www.polymer80.com/Pistol-Frame_ep_60.html

1911s for days: https://www.stealtharms.net/1911-phantom-jig-320.html

More AR: http://www.80percentarms.com/products/80-ar-15-easy-jig

If you can weld: http://www.theflatspot.net/

AKs: http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30688 this place also sells all the parts you need to finnish an AK or 20 AKs

There you go cunt. Now go have some fun
>>
Damn that sucks OP. Good luck.
>>
>>29323312
I've seen webms of machete attacks, and I wouldn't bother. I would go for a mace, I don't know if "stopping power" is necessarily the right term, but one good blow to the upper body is certainly going to decide the fight.
>>
File: 1457818151224799713563[1].jpg (83 KB, 247x330) Image search: [Google]
1457818151224799713563[1].jpg
83 KB, 247x330
The bat is a good start, but might I suggest a superior bludgeon built for the purpose? http://www.arizonaironwood.com/The-Ironwood-Billy-Old-Style-BILLYOS.htm
>>
>>29323312
You can buy muzzleloaders OP.
>>
File: Zhugenu-payne.jpg (13 KB, 500x193) Image search: [Google]
Zhugenu-payne.jpg
13 KB, 500x193
One of these you know you want to.
>>
>>29323312
Air rifles.
>>
>>29323312
build a rifle from kit pieces and hide it with your supply stash. If you can at least rent, just rent one like your build at a range to get familiar with it if you ever need it.
>>
Criminal scum don't deserve firearms rights.

Go get a damn job, shut your mouth, and live out your life as a second class citizen before you make it any worse.
>>
>>29326885
>If you can at least rent
I've only rented at a range once and they only asked to see ID and for me to sign a waiver. Is it different outside of Detroit?
>>
>>29323312

Black powder weapon, high-powered airgun, bats and shit, maybe a bow or crossbow.
>>
>>29326978
Your mommy and daddy loved you very much growing up, be thankful. Not everyone has such peaceful upbringings. Sometimes you've gotta fight your dad, nigga.
>>
>>29323312
Get some black powder revolvers. They aren't considered firearms.
>>
Get your record expunged dipshit.
>>
>>29323312
>Sure I have a baseball bat but against a gun the odds are against me.

Any weapon that isn't a gun stacks the odds against you vs. a gun.

>Anything that isn't a gun that can be used that is highly effective?

check your state laws with an autistically fine toothed comb to be sure, but on the federal level, black powder weapons aren't considered firearms.

Get a cap and ball revolver, or an old muzzle loading shotgun. Also, tasers + other really real less lethals.

Other than that, >>29323428 this guy is actually right. Unless you live in a state with excessive background check laws, you could hypothetically go to armslist, make a private sale, and no one would be the wiser about it... 100% illegal, but eh.

You could also build a pipe shotgun, or any number of other designs, assuming you have at least "a garage's worth" of tools, like drills and brazing torches, etc.

>Anyway, things are getting worse in the world daily and I want to have a small horde of supplies in case something were to happen.

Eh, not to sound like a faggot, but unless you live in a major city, shit will never actually hit the fan for you.

If you DO live in a city, your piddly rifle won't make much difference once various groups start raiding guard armories like they did in say, iraq.

tl;dr don't get a weapon, esp. an illegal gun, for internet and videogame fueled SHTFantasy nonsense. Buy a gun because you expect crime and match arms to the threat model.

>The only thing I could really think of is a machete but still not much better than a bat or hammer.

Well, I'd really suggest a taser and handcuffs (tasers stop working once you let off the zapper, so you gotta restrain jamal in the interim). If you want something to kill people with for HD, maybe an arming sword or a patton sabre?
>>
>>29323312
Get an axe. 5 pounds or less. For prepping SHTF situations ammo is out of production and not coming back. No reload required and with a simple spear or bow to serve as ranged you would be set. For close quarters keep a hatchet handy. No robber wants to make this a murder case, you can get up close no problem.
>>
>>29323312
Black powder revolver. That being said unless you were convicted as an adult your record should be sealed.
>>
Why did.you fight him?
>>
Answer my question nigger
>>
>>29328233
>For prepping SHTF situations ammo is out of production and not coming back.
Even in the highly unlikely event of a catastrophic breakdown of society across the entire country, do you have any idea how easy it is to manufacture ammunition?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.