[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 43 vs 26 for EDC/CCW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 20150710_1619591.jpg (86 KB, 1000x638) Image search: [Google]
20150710_1619591.jpg
86 KB, 1000x638
Will there be any major difference in comfortability with these two? I'm absolutely torn between them for every day carry regardless of attire.

I like the idea that the 43 is slightly slimmer, but is the difference neglible? I like the idea of having a 10+1 vs a 6+1.
>>
>>29321544
I'm definitely picking up a Glock 43 before the summer for the days it's too hot to carry my P239. I feel like I could just carry my Glock 19 on the days when I would probably be carrying a 26.
>>
File: glock43TTI.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
glock43TTI.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>29321544

IMO if you can conceal a 26 you can probably conceal a 19. Doesn't seem like a big difference but the thinness of the 43 makes it really easy to conceal. Grab some mag extendos and you can get 7+1 or 8+1 and you've pretty much got 26 capacity.
>>
File: g26v19.jpg (775 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
g26v19.jpg
775 KB, 1280x960
>>29321578
>>29321591
I've heard a few others say the same. "If you could a 26 you could a XYZ" But I'm worried these little differences add up in being comfortable carry it everyday. I'm not so sure I'm willing to go bigger than a 26.

But yeah, maybe the +2's for the glock 43 would be a good compromise.
>>
>>29321658

is this your first handgun
>>
>>29321692
Yes, I have a couple months to decide.
>>
>>29321697

Get a glock 19 and go from there.
>>
>>29321658
Well seeing as I already have a P239 and probably wouldn't carry a Glock 26 over it, I want something smaller for hotter days that would be more comfortable.

Nothing wrong with the Glock 26, I just can't seem to fit it in with the guns I already have. Maybe someday I suppose.
>>
>>29321703
For what reason?

>>29321706
Yeah, P239's seem pretty noice, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay for one.
>>
>>29321658

My carry niggles boil down to gun thickness at the belt line, and handle length. The 43 is significantly thinner where it rides under the belt line. Handle length differences are negligible. Minus handle printing, I cannot tell a difference between carrying the 19 and the 26. The 43 with a +1 base pad is what I end up carrying 90% of the time. The extra mag is so small, I don't mind carrying it.
>>
>>29321742
Yeah that's what I thought. Thickness would be the biggest factor. 43 with extended magazine baseplates seem promising.
>>
>>29321740
I feel ya, I probably wouldn't have bought it out right either. Some guy behind the counter wanted to buy my PPQ off of me, which I didn't really shoot anymore after buying a Glock 19 so I sold it to him after going home to get the extra mags and case for it and paid $200 for the P239 because I was in there looking for a carry gun anyway. No regrets.
>>
>>29321740

You should start with something "full size" and figure out what you want, I don't suggest anyone having their first handgun to be subcompact.

I know you want to carry it and think you need something tiny, but you can conceal something glock 19 sized effectively even in just a t-shirt. just get a solid holster and find a carry method that works for you.

I only have the 43 so I can carry when absolute concealment is a necessity.
>>
>>29321771
I'd say this. The 19 is pretty easily concealed in a good holster.

That said, I probably wouldn't tell OP not to get a Glock 43 if he really wanted the the best CC option. I can't really suggest the 26 at that point because you might as well get the 19 and spring for a nicer holster.
>>
Do what you want

19 I found too large. I have since picked up an RMR, Surefire X300UB, and lots of extendos and it is an HD/Range gun that I love.

I love to carry my LCP (didn't get a 43 because spend muh money on RMR). The difference (other than capacity) with 26 and 43 is small, but appreciable. If you want an extra couple of rounds, get the 26. If you want more comfort (the gun you always have with you vs. the one that's better for a gun fight etc.) get a 43.
>>
>>29321658
This is honestly pretty tough since everyone's different. I'm 5'7", 150lbs, with a 28 waist and carry a M&P 9c comfortably all day in any season and sometimes a PPQ if it's cooler. I've met guys twice my size who could easily conceal a fullsize but refuse to carry anything bigger than a single stack 9 because they think everything else is uncomfortable.

I selected the 9c as my EDC based on my experiences from carrying either a shield or a ppq for a few months since I already had them.

It'll be hard to nail down the perfect fit since this will be your first gun, but I would recommend trying to find a friend that owns these guns and actually trying them on your belt for yourself.
>>
>>29321740
you dont want your first pistol to be one too small to comfortably hold. its going to make learning how to shoot a even bigger pain in the ass
>>
>>29321544

Open carry anything you want

Except long guns, unless you want to be a faggot
>>
>>29321544
I carried a Glock 26 for years. With a +0 extender, from pearce, it's a fantastic and easy to shoot CCW gun.

I rented a Glock 43 and the grip was too small to hold onto. Now, it's not the recoil exactly. I have several large bore revolvers that I love to shoot. The Glock 43 is too small for me to hold onto and it shifts in my hand. I ended up buying a Sig p938 instead. With the factory hogue grip it's much easier to hold onto and fun to shoot.

Now the question is, "Will the Glock 43 be easy to hold onto with a rubber wrap around or grip tape?"
>IDK

Sense you're comparing 2 specific models, here is my advice.

Glock 26, easier to shoot accurately
Glock 26, easier to shoot follow up shots
Glock 26, nearly double the capacity
Glock 26, accepts the magazines of the Glock 19, 17 and 18 (33 round magazine available).
Glock 26, shares holsters with other 9mm Glocks.
>tl:dr get the 26
>>
File: glock.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>29324643
and here is a picture showing how the +0 gives you all the advantages of the long grip without adding any meaningful length to the heel; doesn't imprint more.
>>
File: arnie-playboy.jpg (46 KB, 474x613) Image search: [Google]
arnie-playboy.jpg
46 KB, 474x613
>1st Glock was 26
>Just bought a 19 Gen4
>also own a .45 non-Glock
Would it be retarded to buy another 9mm? a 43? In Florida and a student with a full time desk job so I want something I might be able to pocket carry.
>>
>>29324117
I was thinking about this. I have a jacket, that if I build a cheap little 9-11.5 inch rifle, I can CC it without looking like a massive raging homo. Should I? It would give me an edge, if I get pushed down, I can just roll over and spray, and if I'm ever caught in a shootout situation, I have enough firepower to take out the target before some asshat who wasn't paying attention to things before he drew his gun shoots me.
>>
>>29327415
Oh yea, and to make matters worse, I'm applying for PD's in my area, so the "run and hide" shit is out the window, as I'd be in some serious shit if I did that.
>>
>>29326006
I have a 43 and it's really not a pocket pistol. It is excellent for what it is though, a micro compact for summertime CCW. Get a little KHAR P380 if you truly want a pocket carry.
>>
>>29321658

Just bought a TALO package 43 as a gift for my mother in law to replace her shitty little DB380. Going to get her a Taran Tactical +2 for each of the mags, which basically gives her 8+1 of 9mm. Ought to do her just fine compared to that little toy she's got.

Of course now my wife decided she likes the 43, so now I may have to get her one too.
>>
>>29322104

Built a Roland, huh?
>>
Gonna give my dos centavos,

I firmly believe that you should get the g43 because there is a definitive difference in terms of comfort between the two firearms you mentioned. You mentioned only one thing which is dimensions but failed to mention mass. Mass also affects the comfort of your firearm, shoot anything really not just firearms.

The mass of the g26 is listed as 740g (fully loaded) whereas the g43 has a listed mass of 634g (again fully loaded). The difference being 106g. In terms of force, that is an extra newton that is being exerted on your body. That does accumulate throughout the day and will definitely affect your comfort, or at least your perception of the firearm being on your body.

If you are looking for comfort, the g43 is the way to go because it beats the g26 in terms of dimensions and mass.

The profile of the g43 is obviously slimmer and yes that obviously affects the comfort. Depending on where you carry will also affect how comfortable it is, but that goes with any firearm. The slimmer profile does wonders on how it presses against your body.

Might I ask why you are considering the g43 instead of the g42 when you are concerned about comfort?
The g42 blows the g43 out of the water in terms of comfort (in both dimensions and mass).

I have a g42 and it weighs 500g (fully loaded with 8+1, extended baseplate, AND holster) which makes for an extremely light carry gun. Yes I am aware that it is a large .380 gun but what you lose in mass you gain in supreme handling and comfort while shooting. I might be getting off topic but I would suggest the g42 over the g43. For me, personally it goes: g42>g43>g26 in terms of comfort.
>>
>>29328011
>docgkr postan
>>
File: newest edc.jpg (312 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
newest edc.jpg
312 KB, 1200x900
>>29324667
>how the +0 gives you all the advantages of the long grip without adding any meaningful length to the heel; doesn't imprint more

Here's a pic of my 26, with a Pearce +2, also negligible
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.