[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snake Defense General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 30
File: IMAG0088.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0088.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
Well /k/, today is the day I lost my faith in 9x18 Makarov as a defensive round.

>be innadesert
>snake season has begun, find pic related yesterday
>looking for cool rocks in between irrigation cycles (tons of quartz and copper)
>see black and white rock, neat..
>time stops
>not a rock, but a fucking 5 foot diamondback rattlesnake 3 feet away from my foot
>staring, not rattling
>drawcz82.png
>2 shots. 2 hits. Hole about 3/4 of the way towards its head.
>motherfucker BOLTS in the direction of a creosote bush 15 feet away.
>2 more shots, don't know if hit
>snake disappears down hole in roots of bush

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. IF 9X18 CANT STOP A FUCKING SNAKE HOW CAN IT STOP A FULL SIZED DINDU?

Hippie fuckers won't kill these snakes, and as a result they don't fear humans, this bitch didn't rattle once the entire encounter.
I work about 5 hours away from the nearest hospital, so helicopter is the only option for survival. The catch is, cell service is spotty, and the nearest neighbor is miles away.

That being said, what is the best gun for snake defense? Preferably able to cc, since it's useless if it's in the truck.
What boots will stop a snake bite, but still be comfortable enough to work in?
>>
File: snek.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
snek.webm
3 MB, 960x540
I guess a .410 revolver? Maybe have better aim, or just wear boots. I would imagine you need to hit the brain to insta-kill, which is probably no bigger than a pea.
>>
10 mm
>>
>>29315925
the 9x18 is doing its job, the snake couldnt get back to the snake field medics and I doubt he survived. Really the best way to take on snakes is to pin it with a stick and cut its head off with a knife, gotta make sure you get the stick close enough to the head or you got the same problem
>>
>>29316030
>a .410 revolver

This, or any other revolver that you can get those snake charmer/shotshell rounds in.

I say revolver only because I've heard they don't cycle semi-autos reliably.
>>
>Be me, Rattlesnake
>Chilling above my burrow catching some prime basking rays
>Waiting for some punk ass diseased rodent to ass fuck with venom and eat
>This faggot ass human shows up
>Ah fuck I'll just sit still and maybe he'll go away
>He doesn't
>He fucking starts popping with his dick-grip pussy deflector
>Lmao what a faggot
>Only 9mm
>Go back into my hole and bleed out

Congratulations OP you just killed a valuable component in the ecosystem when he wasn't even fucking with you.

>Muh hippie fucker
>>
Bond Arms has a nice derringer that shoots 410/45LC. It is priced about the same as a Judge, but it would CC a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>29315925
>Snake Defense General
best snake defense is to leave those fuckers alone.
the quickest way to get bit is to harass one.
>>
>>29315925
>9mm pistol to kill a snake
Get back to the city, you urbanite shit.
>>
>>29316528
Truth. Just back away slowly and it won't likely go after you.

t. Arizonan
>>
>>29315925
Don't feel bad OP. Snakes are notoriously hard to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Ney2g8X8c
>>
File: COM2BRASIL.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
COM2BRASIL.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>29315925
just OC pic related with .410 shotshells in it

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Taurus-Judge-Revolvers/706579.uts

or

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Smith-Wesson-Governor-Revolver/1275164.uts

if you feel like spending more
>>
Dis is snek?
>>
File: DSC07044.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC07044.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>29315925
Oh I don't know OP, maybe the mother fuckin SNAKE SLAYER!!!!
>>
>>29316093
underrated post
>>
File: forkedstick.jpg (65 KB, 333x392) Image search: [Google]
forkedstick.jpg
65 KB, 333x392
>>29315925
A forked stick.
>>
>>29315925

How about just walking around it and not killing an animal that's just minding it's business you sick fucktard.
>>
>>29315925
>be me a snake
>just chillin innadesert
>suns out so just warming up muh body because cold blooded problems amirite?
>just minding my own business trying to find some food for my wife and new born snakes
>then I see this obese neckbeard packing a Cold War relic dressed in hipster flecktarn from nigger enterprises so I'll just sit here and hope he doesn't see me
>nope get shot anyways because he wants to be edgy
>I try to make it home but I die a few hundred yards from my den
>I'll never tell my snake wife how much I loved her or how proud I am of my kids when they get there first kill
>maybe my wife can find my body and say her final goodbyes
>then a fucking eagle swoops down and starts eating me because my blood trail
>I'm sure my wife and kids heard my hisses and death rattles and knew they couldn't save me or face the same fate
>so this is it, my life cut short and last minutes in physical pain from a gun shot and mr eagle eating me alive

Fuck you OP, if a snake comes in your house by all means murder the cunt but if you're in nature just leave them alone

I hope you die, seriously
>>
Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?
>>
File: img20160229_194024.jpg (763 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
img20160229_194024.jpg
763 KB, 2656x1494
>>29315925
Carried this rifle with me on my hike yesterday and don't think I'd have an issue. Worried about boars and snakes since they are very prevalent in the area (south).
>>
As everyone else said stop being a faggot and leave snakes alone when /out/
Although you can get 22lr snake shot, .38 special, 410 and a few others for when snakes are close to home and camp. If your out hiking and see snek just leave it if you can if snek might hurt doggo/family/friends with you well I wouldn't fault you for shooting it

Also when the snake isn't rattling it typically doesn't feel threatened but obviously that is not always the cause
>>
>>29315925
I wouldn't be worried about a snake unless it's actively slithering at you trying to bite you, which is a situation that will literally never happen, like 1 in a million.

Don't just kill snakes for no reason.
>>
Snake shot is a thing.

Realistically though, you don't need it. Not being a dumb fuck is usually enough to not get bitten.
>>
>>29316093
this desu just wear boots
>>
File: 1434692356152.jpg (87 KB, 620x592) Image search: [Google]
1434692356152.jpg
87 KB, 620x592
>>29316093
>go back to my hole and bleed out
>>
>be me, a sun ray
>chilling on a snake with my family
>feels good to help people out
>down the trail see a massive blob lurchimng its way toward us
>hear screams as my neighbors start to ride this disgusting abominartion of a human
>whisper to the snake to stay still it will pass
>human whips out some shitty Russian handgun
>starts to hyperventilate and wheeze with excitement
>uses an inhaler
>starts lining up the shot
>before I can yell to the snake to run the human yells 2 IN THE CHEST 1 IN THE HEAD
>snake takes 2 rounds, I rtell him to gtfo I'll see hi!m soon
>find him dead 100m away
>bawl my eyes out wait to move so!mewhere else with the siun
>>
OP, there's a reason why /an/ is the daughter of /k/. Fuck you. I hope the next one gets you.
>>
What goes around comes around OP; I wouldn't go around killing every piece of wildlife I come across when I got out IN THE WILD WHERE WILDLIFE LIVES because if you ever do get killed out there you'll have no right to complain.
>>
>Be me, Makarov
>Covered in matted sweat from the obese grease pig that can barely even fit his sausage fingers in my trigger guard
>At least I get to see nature today
>The hambeast draws me and wheezes in fear as I find myself staring at a harmless snake
>I pray for his cold blooded children before condemning fat godless pig dog american to the same death he wills upon God's creations
>His sausage fingers finally find my trigger
>If I could start again a million miles away, I would try again, I would find a way.gif
>I retreat in my holster to lament the evil forced upon me
>Fucking americans
>>
File: IMAG0080.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0080.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>29316072
Would it bleed out? This is comforting to know, I had assumed snakes were immortal devil creatures that only truly died when you severed the head. Unfortunately my shovel was back at the truck, and creosote bushes are about the biggest stick producers around.

>>29316093
>valuable part of ecosystem
>so imprinted by human contact that it doesn't bother to use it's naturally evolved rattle, and waits to be stepped on
King and gopher snakes on the other hand are complete bros. I go out of my way to ensure the Mexicans dont kill them. When it comes to snakes, they tend to kill first and ask questions never.

>>29316083
>>29316326
>>29316661
>>29316030
>>29316725
I am really liking the Taurus Judge, but I have heard that Taurus was really shitty? Or was that just a meme. The derringer looks cool as hell, could be decent for assassinations with the rifled hollow point slugs in a pinch lol.

>>29316623
In situations like these, you use the tools you have on you at the time, something you might have figured out if you didn't grow up on microwaved baby formula you yuppie north-face bitch.

>>29316528
>>29316628
>>29317002
>>29317025
>>29317050
Normally I'd agree with you, but if you have the capability to remove a deadly creature from an area you frequent, why not? Wild animals must fear humans, for their own good.

>>29316922
Anthropomorphism to a laughable extreme.. ponyfag detected. Regardless, you bring up some valid points. If you would share your email, I would love to discuss the moral implications with you. While we are at it, have you considered castration? You won't feel a thing I promise, a quick poke to the upper back along the spine with my pen knife should do the trick, the rest I have practiced countless times, and with no fatalities! For you, pic related.

>>29316967
Very nice, but if I had my V93 on me I don't think I would use it, at least at snake distance. I have seen the way even 5.56 tracers ricochet, very unpredictable.
>>
>>29316030
I've smashed a snakes head completely flat with a crow bar and when I went to pick it up, the thing coiled up around my hand with its head flattened
>>
>>29317228

It didn't use it's rattle because it didn't fucking feel the need too. It would prefer to sit still and be quiet to avoid detection you greasy worthless mong.

The rattle is for when it feels fucking threatened.
>>
this is how you should of handled the situation OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf-znKiVwyk
>>
>>29317228
Because removing predators from the ecosystem hurts the ecosystem more than removing the non predators. But honestly shoots a handful of snakes isn't the end of the world but you should try to leave them alone if possible because snakes control the rabbit/frog/bird/rat and other small animal populations
>>
>>29317228

>An unusually chill snake doesn't kill vermin or fulfill the role it's supposed to occupy
>I'm entitled to a warning so I could know where it is and probably kill it anyway

I recommend 10mm OP. Make sure to try it out on yourself first to make sure it works. FMJ to the temple, don't cheat yourself with harder targets.
>>
File: fedora 6.jpg (1 MB, 4524x4524) Image search: [Google]
fedora 6.jpg
1 MB, 4524x4524
>>29317228
>Wild animals must fear humans, for their own good.
>>
>what is muscle memory
Things don't always just drop dead anon. Watch that video of the jigaboo news reporters who shoots the other reporters, or any number of videos of chickens getting their heads chopped off.
>>
File: image1-20160114-192906783.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image1-20160114-192906783.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>29317095
It's like an autistic version of
>>29316093

>>29317103
What the actual fuck is /an/? This board culture, really, too fucking much. Get out of your meemaws basement and get a job you fucking weeb.

>>29317183
Haha good one, but fat I ain't ;^)
>>
File: image_37.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
image_37.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>OP is so desperate to save face on /k/ that he posts his grindr profile pic
>>
>>29317363

You are so irredeemably blown the fuck out by everyone who has the slightest understanding of nature and conservation principles that you are posting selfies and calling people autistic.

All those angles and complimentary lighting can't hide the fact that you're a 140 pound twink killing shit for no good reason. Go to bed, boy.
>>
Just take a 12 gauge. Like a Saiga or double barrel.
>>
>>29317350
Remember when those Vegetarian fucktards where sneaking into slaughterhouses and screaming about cows not being dead when put on the meat hook because their legs were still kicking? As though there's some way an animal could live through having it's brain obliterated by a large bolt gun firing directly into it's brain pan
>>
File: 1413078406604.jpg (411 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1413078406604.jpg
411 KB, 3840x2160
>>29317363

>i'm a newfag and don't know anything about the website i'm on; i'd better insult their culture and post a picture of myself to prove i'm better than them

If you ever find yourself wondering why people don't like you, please think back to this moment.
>>
File: surethinganon.jpg (5 KB, 236x201) Image search: [Google]
surethinganon.jpg
5 KB, 236x201
>>29317363

>Haha good one, but fat I ain't ;^)

Oh wow, you really turned that one around on him with your clever wordplay. Should probably stop posting pics of your mom's fuccboi though.
>>
>>29316922
snakes don't have families. there is one species that gives live births but doesn't take care of them. the rest lay eggs and leave.
>>
>>29315925
>
Hippie fuckers won't kill these snakes, and as a result they don't fear humans, this bitch didn't rattle once the entire encounter.

no you stupid cunt, the ones that rattle get killed by "OMG A FUCKING SNAKE KILL IT OMG" cunts like you, and the ones that don't usually aren't even seen.
>>
>>29315925
I've never understood why people want a gun for snakes. Just walk around them ffs.
>>
>>29317363
Does your Grandma know you're taking gay dating pics in her guest room?
>>
>>29317228

This post is some gay ass cancer. I am not one to shy away from killing and grilling a meat creature. But goddamn you fucking idiots with your snake gun bullshit are like bugchaser level of super aids.

I mean little legless lizard nigga is just chillin waiting for sundown to eat a rat or whatever and you come over and flip your shit and go eeeeek a SNAKE and blast it while its half asleep.

Then again I am a hypocrit because whenever I am out and someone has a dog without a leash that runs up to me I don't take chances. I just pull out my CCW and pop that fucker once in the sternum then if its still going all wiggle fish I walk up and give it the snuff shot while they are whinging about abloooo ablooo my fuckin baby doggie woggie. If you can't afford a leash you couldn't afford shots and I ain't getting no rabies from a street rous.
>>
>>29317228
yeah, I'm sure it learned real good in the 30 seconds it lived you stupid fuck
>>
File: IMAG0091.jpg (690 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0091.jpg
690 KB, 2688x1520
>>29317415
Blown the fuck out? By anthropomorphic green text fiction? I will continue to kill these venomous creatures, on a daily basis if need be. In the meantime I would recommend visiting the gym, excuses are ugly.

>>29317398
Ayy this dick ain't going to suck itself m8, get in line

>>29317350
Good point, still creepy to see that skinned muscle move like that,
pretty familiar haha.

>>29317454
>implying I come to 4chan for acceptance
>implying I come to /k/ for anything other than guns and gun history
At least I found the cancer?
Making fat neckbeard feel like shit about themselves is only added bonus!

Why get your panties in a twist over a fucking snake when people actively hunt and kill these majestic beasts, baka weebs
>>
>>29317554
ATF please go
>>
>>29317228
>Wild animals must fear humans, for their own good.
ever considered putting that 9mm down your throat?
>>
>>29317554
ATF please go
>>
File: dog-shot-in-new-york-city.png (131 KB, 411x336) Image search: [Google]
dog-shot-in-new-york-city.png
131 KB, 411x336
>>29317554

Forgot my picture

>>29317567

What is your preferred dog defense carry? I think 9mm in a decent hollowpoint is good for small animals though older dog pistols went all the way down to .32 acp, while .45 is a bit big its less snappy (pun intended) if you have to take a follow up shot.

Also if you have modified any firearms for dog work or not post em.
>>
>>29317564

>It's venomous therefore it's bad hurr durr

You're boldly and arrogantly proud of your stupidity. You wear it like a badge. You're too fucking stupid to understand why everyone is laughing at your retardation but that doesn't make you any less retarded.

Snakes are important because they play an important role in maintaining an ecological balance in that desert of yours. In many places they are disappearing because of emotional children such as yourself are shooting them on sight because of brazen ignorance and fear.

If you were one of my scouts or my kid I would hit you like a grown man. You reacted like an emotional child and are an active threat to the ecosystem.
>>
>>29315925
Theres literally no point in killing snakes like that. Taking one step back would have solved your problem without you having to magdump into the dirt. People like you that kill snakes for existing are the reason we almost lost wolves in the lower 48.
If you honestly think not killing snakes causes them to lose their fear of humans, you're seriously overestimating the intelligence of a reptile.
>inb4 furfag
>inb4 hippie fucker
Killing that snake wouldn't have helped you in the slightest, regardless of whether or not it bit you. I'm not exactly sure what you'd be trying to accomplish by killing it, because if you had just left it alone its highly improbable that you would have ever seen it again.

That being said, a solid stick is all you should need to take care of snakes unless you're physically disabled. A whack or jab/grind combo to the head will kill any native species in North America. People who insist on bringing their .44 mag with them innawoods "in case they see a snake" are pants on head retarded and just want to shoot something to see it die.
>>
>>29317540
OP BTFO
>>
>>29317564

>I like deer because they are pretty dawwww
>Snakes are bad and evil because venom >:[

Deer are overpopulated. Snakes are often threatened. Have you ever taken a biology class? Read a fucking book nigger.
>>
Guys outside a couple Mexican species pretty much every species of Ratlesnake is rated as Least Concerned, Killing a dindo nuthin rattler minding his own business is a pretty shitty thing to do but it also isn't that huge a blow to the eco system

That said OP needs to stop being a fag and at least have the decency to follow it's blood trail so he can skin and eat it after making sure it's dead.
>>
>>29317579
Why is this regarded as edgy? Predators that lose fear of humans are more likely to attack.
>>
The Velodog was basically a proprietary cartridge pistol, somewhat like a .22 LR. That seemed to do the trick then. I would say most .38s got you covered in spades. Though for larger breeds or just ensuring a quicky killy I prefer .40 or 10mm like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyYXjTEfGY
>>
>>29317689

Snakes don't attack people. Bites are almost universally caused by people being fucking retarded around snakes.

When a rattler doesn't rattle it's because it thinks it isn't detected. OP made a retarded decision and killed shit for no reason.
>>
>what are snake chaps

Seriously dude, i hunt in central florida where rattlers are in every bunch of foliage when i'm going for hogs, and i've never been so panicky that i just mag dump in them on sight. Grow a pair or stay the fuck inside where city faggots like you belong.
>>
File: hawthorne-police-dog.jpg (48 KB, 596x406) Image search: [Google]
hawthorne-police-dog.jpg
48 KB, 596x406
>>29317625

Instead of trying to hijack snake fags thread you should post in the dog defense shooting general thread. Go to the catalog and search for the current one which is "Roll over and stay dead edition".
>>
>>29317689
No, an animal that is fearful is more likely to attack than one that is chill. This isn't some problem bear thats mauling people to get at the jelly donuts in their pockets. Its a snake that probably can't even form thoughts. All it knows is that it wants to get warm, eat mice, and not get killed. It will only strike if its hunting or if it thinks it is in danger.
>>
>>29317689
>I KILLED THE SNAKE SO THE REST OF ITS KIND WILL LEARN TO FEAR ME.
>>
File: 1456698225706.gif (1 MB, 240x281) Image search: [Google]
1456698225706.gif
1 MB, 240x281
>>29317253
%100 NOPE
>>
>>29317757

This thread however does big up some valid concerns that aren't typically brought up in dog killing general.

That is when you are out innawoods, hunting or just hiking you can run into feral dogs or idiots who are letting them run all over. And you just know if some hippie dippy type with his four huskys is just going to sit there and cry at the dog for it to stop mauling you then hike out of there like nothing happend while your corpse starts rotting. Thankfully outside of city limits dog shooting and even dog hunting is a legal grey area that you do not have to worry about. Unlike discharging a firearm in a residential or other urban area.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/dog-shooting-reveals-legal-gray-area-for-hunting-recreation/article_00ff345c-5184-11e3-87ae-001a4bcf887a.html

http://www.hunterswhoshootdogs.com/article.htm unfortunately this domain expired recently and got bought up by a anti dog hunter though we expect it to be back up soon.
>>
>>29316072
>pin it with a stick and cut its head off with a knife
Don't listen to this fag. Snakes are cold blooded and will stay alive for a bit after decapitation. Plenty of curious people and dogs have been killed by playing w/ a "dead" snake.

https://youtu.be/T_8jywmeVPY?t=1m8s

Best way to deal with a snake is to wear thick boots, step back take good aim, shoot it in the head and cover the head by throwing a heavy stone or a decent amount of dirt on it. Make sure the stone you pick up to toss has nothing living under it though.
>>
File: tunnel doge.jpg (57 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
tunnel doge.jpg
57 KB, 400x321
>>29317861

>> Go to pick up rock to smash snake I just shot
>> Pic related underneath rock
>> oh shit im fucked
>>
>>29315925
Tbh snakes are pretty goofy simple animals. You probably blasted the dangerous right out of it and all that was left was the headless chicken mode. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>29317787
Holy fuck, this.
>>29315925
Honestly, OP, you should be glad it made it back to its hole. If you had killed it straight out, how would the other snakes have known about the god of death walking the desert? Its good that you sent a message.
>>
File: IMG_20150830_191545.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150830_191545.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
.223 kills rattlers dead.

Provided your friend isnt a shit shot.
>>
File: not on my property.jpg (59 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
not on my property.jpg
59 KB, 650x366
>>29317944

Its pretty much a good all around pest control round
>>
It probably went through and through considering how thin snakes are
>>
>>29318025

I find .222 is pretty much dinky d for dog removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkioRo8pcM
>>
File: IMAG0076.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0076.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>29317648
Ahahahah Jesus dude those cliches, almost painful to read. This area has been occupied by humans since the Spaniards, who gave absolutely no fucks about killing something that could literally kill them or people they know in the future. Honestly I wish they had done a better job, because this is 2 snakes in 2 days now and I am getting sick of this shit.

You are coddled by the luxuries of this society, and it makes you weak. To hear that you are a part of the cuckscouts only completes the puzzle.

>>29317656
Unfortunately, leaving it is a liability and a risk I'm not willing to take. I would rather see them replaced by king and gopher snakes, and anything I can do to weaken their gene pool I will do. Not that it does any good. You seem like a logical person and I am sorry to have to disagree with you, but this is the real world, would you let an enemy combatant who poses a legitimate threat survive to fight another day?

>>29317689
>>29317858
These guys get it. This isn't fucking YouTube. People think its cute when wild animals are imprinted by humans, then wonder why the same animals attack when we get too close. It's a lose lose situation for everyone involved.

>>29317787
>>29317562
Nice straw man faggots, I removed the rattlesnake who got too comfortable with human settlements from the breeding pool, hopefully (not) there are more cautious rattlers in the hills (there are a fuck ton)

>>29317673
Never heard of anyone dying from deer bites m8

>>29317720
What an idiot! And the people who accidentally step on these? Cottonmouth vipers are known to pursue offending hikers, you soft gelatinous fool.
>>
File: 4191896-7649160327-rain-.jpg (105 KB, 570x319) Image search: [Google]
4191896-7649160327-rain-.jpg
105 KB, 570x319
>reading through this thread
3 hours of pure autism
>>
>>29317901

Wait what
>>
>>29318145
>would you let an enemy combatant who poses a legitimate threat survive to fight another day?
No, but a snake isn't an enemy combatant. Its an animal. It doesn't want to fuck with you. You're going out of your way to fuck with them.
>Never heard of anyone dying from deer bites m8
Plenty of people are attacked by deer, and people are killed by deer a lot more often than they are killed by snakes.
>>
>>29318081

The best thing about shooting dogs is unlike a lot of other pest animals there is a substantial bounty on them in most territories. So you get to kill a dog and the government pays you 100$ dollery doos and thats fair dinkum.
>>
>>29318145
snakes don't have love our contempt, you dense cunt.
it didn't feel threatened, it didn't rattle.
you're a bitch, got scared, and shot it.
unless you threaten a snake, or it is large enough to eat you, it gives zero fucks about you.
they don't waste energy, or venom, in fucking faggots like you.
>>
File: snkgrdz.jpg (46 KB, 380x293) Image search: [Google]
snkgrdz.jpg
46 KB, 380x293
>>29315925
Get yourself some gaiters, I have a pair I use when trout fishing and running around riverbanks, scrub and shit.
They'll stop aussie snek, they should do ok on anything else
>>
>>29318248

Ah fukkin forgot my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrd6ZHLM60
>>
File: 1447125008433.gif (357 KB, 263x239) Image search: [Google]
1447125008433.gif
357 KB, 263x239
>>29317944
>.223 kills rattlers dead
>pic of what appears to be .40 or .45 cal casing with dead snake
0/10 not even trying.
>>
>>29318248
I just want to kill things for money so I can buy things to kill those things more efficiently and get more money etc etc

Is that so much to ask for?
>>
File: 1413448994209.png (475 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
1413448994209.png
475 KB, 587x600
>mfw this thread

Bunch of blubbering vaginas.
>>
>>29318145

>I'm big and strong because I kill harmless snakes
>I use terms like "gene pool" even though I don't know what that means or the differences between gene flow and gene drift.
>I use the term "cuck" as an insult because that's what all the cool kids are doing nowadays
>I call other people weak while posting selfies of my frail, tiny, twink fuckboy physique.

You're a clueless child who doesn't understand the inner mechanics of a fucking toaster, much less ascertaining what an actual threat is.

You just wanna kill shit and feel like a big man. It's embarrassing. I could back hand you in Wal Mart and you wouldn't even draw.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1110x1052) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1110x1052
>>29315925
...or you could not be a retard and watch where your walking? How do you think people survive in places where the poisnois snakes don't loudly warn you
>>
>>29318313

>hurrr durr snake bad shoot with bang stick ooga booga
>>
>>29318145

>Rattlesnakes owe me a warning
>It is my holy duty to remove this heretical animal praise darwin
>It shouldn't have fucked with me hehehe
>Nuthin personall ratterler

Holy fucking cringe.
>>
>>29318145
>I removed the rattlesnake who got too comfortable with human settlements
RATTLESNAKES AREN'T FUCKING BEARS YOU DUMB FUCKING SHITFUCK
>>
>>29318145
>Cottonmouth vipers are known to pursue offending hikers
wrong
t. biologist
>>
>>29316030
>motherfucking cobra is coming at me
>better give it something to lean on so it can get closer
>>
>>29318325
>>29318339
>>29318342
>>29318369
>>29318409
>>29318418
Holy Fuck the tumblrinas are out in force tonight, you can see it in the way they write.
>>
>>29318505
Oh fuck off, you're just an edgy retard that went into the natural habitat of a snake, killed it for no fucking reason, then bragged about it on some autistic canadian moose shaving convention
>>
>>29318505

>Be a fucktard
>Kill a wild animal for daring to exist in it's natural habitat after molesting it
>Go on /k/ to talk about being the fucking problem conservationists have nationwide
>Behaving like a emotional child
>Trying to pretend he's not the tumblrina

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>29316093
this tbqh fambly
>>
This is a bait thread and you've all bitten it, digested it, and shat it out.
>>
>>29316630
>doesn't know about post-mortem muscular contraction
come back once you've turned eighteen junior woodchuck
>>
>>29315925
Hey OP,
Rattlers aren't rattling cause theres too many hogs around. Hog hears a rattle and its like a dinner bell... They love eating snake.

Anyways, its a new adaptation. You wont get shit for a rattle until youre right on the motherfucker and its already bit you twice.
>>
>>29315925
Just get you a .45 and load it with rat shot.
>>
>>29317487
actually there are several species that give live birth, its not that hard to look up
>>
>>29315925
any type of .410 revolver with birdshot
>>
>>29317564
have you ever taken a biology course in the butt fuck hick town you live in? Eastern Washington may be redneck central, but at least a lot of us care about where we live.
>>
>>29317228
>wild animals must fear humans for their own good
... And killing a lone snake that was in its own habitat, literally fucking sunbaking instils fear into the snek community how? Jesus OP, you really are a dense motherfucker.
>>
File: 1445984903338.jpg (131 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
1445984903338.jpg
131 KB, 669x667
>>29318145
>AND WHAT DO KING SNAKES EAT DIPFUCK
in case you are too dense to not know, they eat rattlers, so by removing their food source you are reducing the amount of kings, which then boosts the rattler pop again, you lose twice
>>
>>29315925
You're a bad shot, m8. I pretty much killed a water moccasin with my .22 pellet gun. It started flailing out of control with the headshot and then I chopped off the head.
>>
>>29318256
although many Australian snakes are elapids (ei smaller fangs/ more potent venom) these should work for most vipers in north america
>>
File: 973076.jpg (134 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
973076.jpg
134 KB, 880x660
>>29318313
Right?? I came here for suggestions on how to kill snakes deader, faster, not blubbering tirades by pervy ex boyscouts and mouth breathing granolas.

>>29318325
>slapping random people @ Walmart
Yep, sounds about right. But I'm game bby, I frequent the Walmart on E speedway in Tucson, I'd love to meet you. I'm honestly curious if mac-shill was right about these critical defense rounds effect on a live target, I fear snakes are just not thick enough for an accurate benchmark. I drive a white silverado, spot me sometime?

>>29318339
Haha right? Luckily I spotted the fucker, going to keep a sharp eye out in the future and post results.

>>29318545
Hmm but it seems as though you are quite mad friendo

>>29318574
Hahaha w/premium live bait

>>29318589
Holy shit dude. There has been a ton of hogs around here lately, I counted 12 last time I saw a group, this makes complete sense. When are they going to start offering bounties for these like in other states? Good shit man.

>>29318596
Funny you say that, the boss blew one near in half with his .45 Glock, only the skin was keeping it together.

>>29318627
It's on the wishlist my dude, the raging bull in particular. I just ordered some CCI 9mm shot shells in the meantime.

>>29318631
Yea nah, livestock/humans > snakes any day of the week

>>29318678
Something like that yea, I know a group that tried to start their own rattlesnake roundup, but the hunters do such a good job already we figured it wasn't necessary. Might be time we reconsidered.

>>29318727
>walking through tall grass, deflecting Australia-tier snakes
Is this the weapon to surpass Metal Gear?

Any word on pic related? Cheap enough that I'll try them, but I have doubts about their ability to cycle. Would the bbs be hard on the rifling?
>>
>>29315925
I live in Tucson. I've dispatched rattlers with a .22 CO2 pistol. If you couldn't do it with a mak, its not the gun that's to blame.
>>
>>29319071
Curious, were those headshots? How many shots did it take?
>>
>>29318727
We've got a couple of long fanged beasties like the Death Adder, which by and large isn't aggressive but you might tread on him by accident and he won't like it much.
A couple like the Tiger Snake, Eastern Brown and sometimes the Red Bellied Black snake are a bit cranky at certain times of year/temperature and will chase, generally not far but the first 2 are notoriously bad tempered if disturbed.

Generally Mr Snek doesn't bother people too much if you just leave them alone, don't poke them with a stick and other shit to annoy them. I've only shot them when they got too close to the house and posed a threat to pets and kids.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 254x198
Generally I don't bother snek and snek won't bother me.

On a few occasions I have used .22LR shot shells out of a Ruger Single Six.

If snek tribes give you that much trouble OP, get a box of .22 shot and one of these.
>>
>>29317540
SHOTS FIRED
>>
>>29317861
Here's an idea, once you've cut the head off, dont touch it, almost like, common sense or something.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.