[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I Buy This Nugget or Wait?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
I'm considering buying a 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 Mosin Nagant (all matching numbers) off a guy on Armslist for $225 plus another $15 for the background check/transfer fee - $240 all together.

Apparently the bore is in excellent condition and it has a smooth bolt. He did mention that the wood has been refinished when he was removing the cosmoline so I'm assuming that hurts the value.

It's fucked because I remember these things being $150 w/ shipping and transfer fees just 3 years ago. The cheapest I can find them online seems to be ~$200 before shipping and the transfer fee. I feel as though they will only get more expensive the longer I wait.

What do you think?
>>
>>29315095
Next year you'll be lucky to find one for $250 before fees and taxes.
>>
>>29315095
Ask for pics, if it's a good nugget buy it.

Ammo is still cheap, and still a nice rifle.

>inb4 people get triggered cos mosin is a meme gun.
>>
>>29315095
That's not a bad price these days. They aren't coming in anymore right now.

Cheap guns and ammunition have a way of finding their way to war zones before commercial markets... thanks ISIS. Thanks Putin for Crimea invasion.
>>
>>29315095
Be sure to feed your nugget plenty of fresh hay.
>>
Why not buy one of those M39's instead?

It's still a Mosin, but it's worth twice as much, and it's twice as nice.

Besides, 91/30's will be around for a while yet, but they only ever made something like 100k M39s.
>>
>>29315111
That's what I fear.

>>29315134
It looks to be in excellent condition and the guy seems nice. He's offering 310 surplus rounds and the Nugget (w/ bayonet, magazine pouch, sling, etc) for $350 so $365 after background check/transfer fees. Cheapest ammo price I see online are for 440 round spam cans going for $150 before shipping.

I'll try to talk him down another $20. For approximately $350 would you buy this rifle and 310 rounds?
>>
>>29315177
Really, they only made 100k M39s?
>>
>>29315401
>Total production of the m/39 rifle during the wartime period of 1940-1945 was a total of 96,800 rifles. Total production total of the m/39 including post war modifications is approximately 102,000.

Per mosinnagant.net

Mine is a wartime '42.
>>
You're getting bent son, even with today's prices
http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/c-r-longguns/russian-mn91-30-762x54.html
>>
>>29315443
I should jump on this then before the price shoots up. They go for about $350 which is not too shabby. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>29315177
2nd this. They are ultra nice. Triggers are amazing, improved sights, bolt is smooth. It's a Mosin on steroids. I lucked out and got mine for $270 cuz the guy said the bore had some pitting (bore looks fine. Very minimal pitting which is not an issue to me on a rifle from 1943.)
>>
>>29315095
>hurting a mosin's value
>>
>>29315487
>http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/c-r-longguns/russian-mn91-30-762x54.html

I've visited their page before. Mosin + hand select option is $200. Shipping according to their site is at least $15. Transfer fee/background check for online sale at my FFL is another $25. So it break down to $240, the same price I'm paying this guy, but I can actually take a look at the rifle in person before committing to buying.
>>
>>29315543
>hand select

Don't waste your money. Odds of getting a decent one are just as good if you don't select that option.

Also if you like old milsurp, you could get a C&R, pay $30 for the license that lasts 3 years, and get milsurp sent right to your door.
>>
File: image_28.jpg (82 KB, 577x537) Image search: [Google]
image_28.jpg
82 KB, 577x537
>>29315563
>tfw only 19
>>
Went to the Indianapolis Gun Show today and saw only one nugget, a 91/30 listed for $350. I'd say you found a decent price. I bought one last year at the show for $198 and they're only going up.
>>
>>29315563
Wow, thanks for that info. I had no idea it was that easy. An idea on how long it takes to process?
>>
>>29315610
>just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>29315662
Took me about a month to get my license after I sent my stuff in. I can't remember if you have to request the paperwork from the ATF or if you can print it off.

Be advised that this doesn't make you a "dealer", meaning you can't constantly buy shit off of gunbroker or elsewhere and sell it to people. You're a "collector" of curios and relics. So you can't "actively engage" in buying and selling guns.

You need to keep a bound book of your transactions that you make with your C&R and the ATF can request to see it. They will call you and either set up a time for them to check it out at your home or their office. It's not an invitation for them to search your home, they just wanna see the book and the guns purchased with the license. But according to Google research, you're more likely to get struck by a meteorite than have the ATF request to see your book.

This license applies to most guns over 50 years but not ones heavily modified (new production bolt, receiver, barrel, or stock) so sporterized milsurp don't apply.
>>
>>29315722
Awesome. I'll fill mine out ASAP. I read online that some places offer you discounts for having a C&R so for $30/3years I can't possibly see any drawbacks to applying.

Good looks, man.
>>
>>29316045
Yeah Brownells offers a small discount I think, and the thing pays for itself with 2 online C&R purchases.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.