[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first gun for noguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hill.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
hill.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
so my fiance is about to start her PhD program in either atlanta, chicago, philladelphia, or seattle, and i may no0t be able to move with her until a few months after she moves. because of that (among other reasons) i want to get her a good reliable handgun that she can keep with her while we are apart. she has never owned, nor ever shot a firearm before, so it needs to be something fairly simple. we are going out to a private range to shoot some of the firearms that i do have access to next weekend, so she will get to at least experience it. what does /k/ reccomend?
>>
She applying for a CCW license?
>>
C U C K
>>
snub nose 38 or glock 43
>>
I just bought a CZ sp01 and it rocks. I either suggest a Glock as much as it pains me or pepper spray
>>
>>29313366
not yet. she wants to get one, but she doesnt have the money for both the license and the gun.
>>
look into walther ccp. 325 around me used in chicago
>>
>>29313428
Is this gun just going to be for home defense then? If so then whatever non piece of shit($500 and up)full size 9mm she likes the best loaded with hollow points.
>>
>>29313455
basically.
>>
>>29313344
If you come to Philadelphia, bring a handgun with you. We have a record of sale database here, totes not a handgun registry.
>>
>>29313483
oh no. this will be bought here in louisiana where we currently live. my mom owns a sporting goods store, so i can get most anything at cost.
>>
File: k approved 9mm 2014 v2.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2267) Image search: [Google]
k approved 9mm 2014 v2.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2267
>>29313344
Chicago needs a FOID, you may want to look into that. Other cities I think are in much friendlier states.

Does she want to CCW it or is it gonna be a home defense gun? Also, budget?
>>
>>29313524
home defense for now, CCW will come later. and current budget is 400
>>
>>29313524
Do you have anymore like that? Like for other calibers?
>>
>>29313587
You can get the USP chambered in 9mm, .40, and .45, I think.
>>
Cz p09 19+1 9mm
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.