[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got my carry permit but I'm a poorfag. If all I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Cobra CA-380 - L.jpg (19 KB, 441x317) Image search: [Google]
Cobra CA-380 - L.jpg
19 KB, 441x317
Just got my carry permit but I'm a poorfag. If all I can afford is a saturday night special like cobra or jimenez is it worth it or am I better off staying noguns until I save more money?

For what it's worth theres only been one armed robbery in my area since I moved here, but there are a lot of basketball americans downtown.

Whats your experience with shitty guns /k/?
>>
What's your budget like? If you can wait for 1 week to get an extra $100-200, that's the difference between a decent striker fired 9mm and a potmetal shit gun like a Jimenez or a cobra.
>>
>>29312256
Save, there are some 38 snub noses that are pretty cheap and much more reliable than bottom barrel semi autos

The ruger lcp is fairly cheap too, look around for a decent budget gun, they are out there
>>
>>29312272
Another 100-200 that doesn't need to go toward bills would probably be more like a month than a week.

>>29312289
I definitely want a semi, if I save I would probably choose between a kahr cm9 or S&W sd9ve
>>
>>29312416
You still haven't told me your budget. Is it more or less than $200? For $250 you should be able to find something decent that's used
>>
Ruger LCPs are 200 dollars on every online store. Save for one.
>>
>>29312416
Its definitely worth it to save

You can either buy a cheap pos now and have to be worried about it being reliable and eventually end up replacing it and loosing the money you spent on it or get something that you'll be satisfied with from the beginning

Shop around and read everything you can on the guns you might want till you have enough for it and you are certain it will match your needs

Don't rush, fools rush in. A fool and his money are soon parted
>>
>>29312256
Save a little more and buy a Canik. You can get them new for a few hundreds and they will come with all you need while being a reliable gun that isn't made like a piece of shit.
>>
Phoenix arms HP22
Cheapo, and built like a tank
>>
Get the ruger LC9. 9MM, perfect for concealed carry.. small enough to fit into your pocket. Usually runs about 200.
Or the Ruger LCRx. I traded my snub model for the 3 inch, but they're both reasonably small.. A little more pricey, but as others have said, you can find a cheap snub nose somewhere.
As yourself this. Do you really want to put your life in the hands of a shit gun?
>>
>>29312440
Right now it's about 200, including ffl fees and such. If I wait and save I could make it about 400 but I would be unarmed for at least a month.
>>
>>29312674
Were do you live? There are quite a few ways to make up a few more dollars.

Have you tried scrap metal?
Walk into every laundrymat you can and collect loose change on the ground.
Gas stations that have pay aircompressors are a good place to find dropped quarters.
>>
File: GunSuck.gif (3 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
GunSuck.gif
3 MB, 550x309
>>29312696
>There are quite a few ways to make up a few more dollars
This
How pretty is your mouth, OP?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1950x2504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1950x2504
I see Jericho, nice Jew guns, go for 300-380 on gunbroker, or a mak. 9x18 for cheap. Or get a cheap but very great and reliable S&W model 10 for 200-300 or a charter arms .44 special for around that same price.
>>
>>29312416
Buy a Polish P64 from AimSurplus or ClassicFirearms. They're $199-$230, and 9x18 is pretty inexpensive.
>>
>>29314256
2nd for the P64. Great gun irregardless of price
>>
Buy surplus you dummy.
Polish handgun in 9x18 mak: http://www.classicfirearms.com/polish-radom-p64-pistols-for-sale
Walther PP clone in .32
http://www.jgsales.com/feg-ap-7.65-semi-auto-pistol,-32acp,-blued,-good-to-very-good-condition,-used.-p-70321.html
Taurus .38 spl revolver
http://www.southernohiogun.com/taurus-md-82-revolvers-38spl.html
>>
>>29312256
A Ruger LCP or Taurus TCP in .380 can be had for $200. Save the extra dosh.
>>
Find an old iver johnson revolver. They're cheap as all hell but they're probably the best Saturday night specials ever made.
>>
>>29312256
get a .32 or .38s&w top break revolver those things have a bigger punch than those .25s and are like 125 max
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548490390
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548422485
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=547149899
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=547213030
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548490390
>>
File: seduced-by-the-jew-snake.jpg (79 KB, 345x437) Image search: [Google]
seduced-by-the-jew-snake.jpg
79 KB, 345x437
>>29312696
Either you've been homeless before or....
>>
>>29312256
It's definitely worthwhile to save for a Ruger LCP or LC9. It's a couple bucks more and will be a lasting purchase, unlike a Saturday Night Special. It's unlikely that you'll run into trouble in the next week or two while you save up a little more. Maybe see about cutting expenses while you're saving up. Maybe make an effort to use less water/power, consider downgrading or cancelling your cable service or internet service, or look at getting cheaper cellphone service. Make a bag lunch instead of eating out. Anything you can do to save money long-term should be prioritized. One thing I did recently was switched from a contract cellphone to a pay-as-you-go plan. I saved $30/mo right there. I got a subscription to DSC instead of buying razors at the grocery store. I got some $2 LED light bulbs that should save me over 200 watts a day (6 KW or about $1 a month). All together, it makes my paycheck last a bit longer and helps me get ahead.
>>
>>29316100
I've been flat broke and owned nothing worth selling.

When it was starve or spend a couple hours digging change from lint traps and grass to buy bread and cold meat from Aldi's because every penny from work went to rent and keeping my car alive. You get creative to make ends meet.

OP needs/wants a gun for protection, he can spend some time getting extra money.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 353x334
>>29312919
>mfw when I'm getting a 92fs next week
>>
Would i save money building a 1911 from parts like an ar15 or is it pretty much the same either way?
>>
>>29312520
This is a potmetal 22lr compact with worst safety on the planet, which is great if you want a throwaway plinking gun but not SD
>>
>>29317472
You would probably end up spending more, I've never seen a 1911 from parts come in under $1k. But I've only looked at 80% lowers.

I've decided to go with a surplus makarov while I save up. Thank /k/
>>
>>29312256
>am I better off staying noguns until I save more money?
yes.
go for a CZ-75
>>
>>29312256

The Raven MP-25 is the only "Saturday night special" worth buying. Or you can save your money and get a HiPoint.
>>
File: Ruger LCR with laser.png (93 KB, 468x379) Image search: [Google]
Ruger LCR with laser.png
93 KB, 468x379
>>29312256

>If all I can afford is a saturday night special like cobra or jimenez is it worth it or am I better off staying noguns until I save more money?

Yes, you can get a Ruger LCR or an LCP custom for around $300 both of which are solid entry level conceal carry guns.

If you get an LCP shill out the extra $20 or so to get the custom, the trigger on the base model is shit and so are the sites.
>>
File: lcp custom.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lcp custom.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>29317641
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.