[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti guns demonizing open carriers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
I love how the kind freak out about open carriers. Most people don't open carry. The Texans carrying rifles into Walmart were protesting the lack of open carry handgun laws (fun fact: they won). If you attack open carriers you're attacking your own rights.

Consider this your daily reminder.
>>
Libs freak out, I meant to say. Goddamn auto correct.
>>
>>29311333
I don't have issue with open carriers, it's their choice and life to do what they want without causing harm to others. The same goes for the guys that dress up in black chaps, cowboy hats, and rainbow shit and let the world know they are gay.

Funny thing is, both of that shit happens a lot in Texas.
>>
>>29311333
I have and will continue to consider open carry of rifles in public spaces pants on the head retarded. Carrying a handgun on your hip is fine. You are a fag
>>
>>29311333
I've never had anyone freak on me, but then I live in a very rural area and many people OC.

>>29311390
OP is always a fag.
>>
>>29311390
The gays and queers did that and look at them now.

I say gun owners should do the same.
>>
>>29311333
Because people who open carry always have terrible taste.

It is always Wasrs, bubbad sks or like taurus products.
>>
>>29314087

Go ask any politically active gay man if he thought pride parades did shit for their cause. It was their political activists, protests, and PR campaign that convinced the type of person that watches CBS exclusively that they were Just Like Them.

Now imagine what a college rifle team of attractive, well-dressed, co-eds would do for the hobby. They're mostly white middle class suburbanites, but with just enough minority teamates to put the liberals at ease without triggering grandpa's racism. Imagine each of them standing in their college's team uniform of polos and slacks, their competition AR-15's slung over their backs, explaining how shooting at the range was part of growing up and got them a scholarship to college.

Has jack shit to do with the 2nd amendment, but sadly, fuck that noise. We're changing hearts and minds, so embrace the propaganda.
>>
I don't really care about people that OC, but man some of them seem stupid. If you are going to do it, at least have a halfway decent holster and carry defensively.
>>
>>29311333
>If you attack open carriers you're attacking your own rights.

Is calling them retarded an attack?
>>
>>29314203
>PR campaign

This This This

PR you guns, don't parade them
>>
File: 1451507112675.png (38 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1451507112675.png
38 KB, 853x543
>>29314203
>>29314858
Cosigned. Mind you, I say this as someone who basically supports OCing longarms--I think it's potentially useful just like anon said, as a PR tactic, and that means everything else better be on fucking point. Clean, so polite and well-informed it hurts, well-dressed, well-groomed, I'm not saying you have to be good-looking but it sure as shit wouldn't hurt, anal about safety, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>29311333

I CCW every day all day and those guys are a bunch of retards. Only seen people OC rifles twice and it was in the middle of the city while they were fucking around running errands both times.

Everything about the people I saw doing it put off a confrontational 'i want this to make you uncomfortable and you cannot stop me' vibe. This is a foolish thing to do when you are walking around making a point about OC being a good thing. I doubt anyone that was on the fence has seen some fucko in board shorts walking around downtown with an AR 15 on his back (just because he can to prove a point) and gotten a good impression of modern gun culture.

That is the kind of shit that makes old people who would otherwise be neutral or even pro gun go "i dont know about these kids walking around with those banana clips. they plannin' to start something?"

inb4 'who cares'

In irl the opinion of normies absolutely fucking matters because they are the ones who vote
>>
>>29311333
People seem to forget rule #2 is be discrete, and OC'ers throw that out the window. Personally I will never be caught dead open carrying outside of an active warzone.

HOWEVER

They still have the right to, it's a free country. Let them reap the consequences of their own actions, without your nanny-bullshit.
>>
File: rainbow_gadsen.jpg (351 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
rainbow_gadsen.jpg
351 KB, 1024x682
>>29311371
This tbqh fampai
>tfw no rainbow "come and take it"
>>
>>29314858
Listen to these men. Most sensible goddamn thing I've read in a while.
>>
>>29315584
rule 2? of what?
>>
>>29311333
>fun fact: they won
Kind of

Except now a lot of businesses are posting signs legally barring both open AND concealed carry on their premises.

OCFaggots won the battle but gun rights in Texas took a hit.
>>
>>29311333
>if you attack open carriers you're attacking your own rights
No I'm attacking somebody for just fueling the fight against those of us trying to preserve our rights. Sometimes, and this is hard to explain to retards who OC in Wal-Mart, you need to back the fuck up and pick your battles so you can win the ones you skip later on.

>>29317287
>anon talking about a pyrrhic victory regarding carry rights

This is why OCers piss me off because they think that going 110% with the "muh rights!" bullshit is going to actually fucking win anyone over. Gun rights are already on the rocks, we're actively fighting to preserve them and turn back the tide and then out of fucking nowhere you have Chief Funnery Sergeant Fucknuts McGee charging in yelling "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, AM I BEING DETAINED!?!?!?!" while everyone else is actually doing productive shit.
>>
>>29317287
A lot? How many? Most businesses don't give a shit and a lot of them will lose business if they bar customers.
>>
>>29314858
>>29315363
>>29316928
It certainly doesn't help anything when pic related shows up, one's fat and the other looks like a mentally retarded turtle out of it's shell. I pulled this fucking direct off of Mother Jones, so you know the libtards who fucking lap that shit up are reading it and then campaigning their little bleeding hearts making sure nobody can carry guns in their safe space.
>>
File: 1998 vs 2015.jpg (386 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1998 vs 2015.jpg
386 KB, 1500x1000
>>29317474
>going 110% with the "muh rights!" bullshit is going to actually fucking win anyone over.
Worked for the queers.
>>
File: inside-chipotle-master.jpg (73 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
inside-chipotle-master.jpg
73 KB, 630x354
>>29318072
Fug I forgot pic.

>>29318143
>Worked for the queers.
That's because homosexual men weren't oiling themselves up and violently fucking each other in the middle of Costco.

That's what OCers do every time they go outside. Everyone likes rights, nobody likes it when you exploit yours in their faces.
>>
>>29315626
isnt Austin notoriously liberal and kuked to death? I'm literally cuckolding a guy and his fiance from Austin currently, he doesnt know it yet but whatever.
>>
>>29318177
You've obviously never been to w gay pride parade. Sure they may not go so far as doing the deed but some of them get pretty damn close
>>
i support open carry and open carriers.
>>
This OC debate in Austin has been so fucking funny to watch. All the autists and tea party crowds take every opportunity they can to walk around with babby's first AR or SKS and instead of setting their gun in their vehicle to grab a bite to eat they'd rather go get a sandwich from Quiznos and eat half of it nervously because they're proving a point.
I was at the Capitol the day OC Texas did their OC protest on the Capitol grounds and it was hilarious. If I didn't have somewhere to be I'd have just filmed it from the Capitol the steps and made a documentary.
>>
Open carry is a ridiculous notion. Concealed carry makes sense, no one knows you have the firearm until your life is at risk. If you open carry, guess who the first person in the crowd that gets shot is going to be?
>>
>>29319646
Don't like it? Don't go to the fuckin parade.

Meanwhile the analogy still stands, the OCers go to everyone else just like the hypothetical gay orgy in Costco. With either one it's people doing something offensive for the sake of being offensive, and nobody can tell me anyone who OCs does it for any other reason than to "heh heh piss me off sum libtards."

Yeah way to shoot all gun owners in the foot, especially those of us who have put time and money into advancing everyone's rights.
>>
>>29319834
As a Texas Sherriff, I open carry on duty and off duty. I personally think its largely a non issue and carry permits should honestly be abolished. If someone open carries then I give them a high five and if I'm in plain clothes off duty and someone tries some shit, then I can just pull a "fear for my life" card and get off Scott free.
>>
Open carrying a pistol is fine and normal seeming. Open carrying a long gun should be reserved for events, and even then you should err on the side of carrying the least threatening long arms you can.

Don't show up with ARs, AKs, or other scary black guns. Carry them over your shoulder, not across your chest ready to go. Be queer eye for the straight guy, not the queen waving his cock in everyone's faces along main street.
>>
>>29321507
>>29323680
I don't see it as a big issue in and of itself, but I fully recognize society's issue with it. Pretending like basically half the population isn't legitimately afraid of all sorts of shit the media tells them to be afraid of is a dumb decision. It's like pretending that, because you live in a good neighborhood, you will never, ever need to lock your doors.

I really don't have an issue with carrying pistols where it's already established culturally (like Texas and so on) but here in Minnesota? Technically we're an open carry state, practically you will get shit from everyone for it.
>>
>>29319639
>isnt Austin notoriously liberal and kuked to death?
Yeah that's why it's generally referred to as the Peoples Republic of Austin
>I'm literally cuckolding a guy and his fiance from Austin currently, he doesnt know it yet but whatever.
Not cool imo, but it's not like the opinion of random strangers on a Ukrainian scuba diving board really matters
>>
>>29311333
Brit here,
Open carry or whatever you call it hurts your tourism. No-one here will visit Texas because seeing a guy in a cowboy hat toting an M16 at the local shopping centre is scary. We much prefer California where there are no gun nuts.
>>
>>29325010
That's pretty funny, California has much higher crime rates.
>>
>>29325044
When we visited Las Vegas we saw no crime.
>>
>>29325083
>Saw
Captcha was tea, go home britcuck.
>>
>demonizing

Then do something to sway public opinion faggot, like stopping mass shootings or gun violence.

Otherwise quit bitching and enjoy the stigma.
>>
>>29325044
Tourism doesn't depend on actualities, it depends on perception
>>
>>29325160
Exactly my point. Open carry makes an area look bad to outsiders regardless of whether it's actually bad or not.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 766x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 766x460
>>29325210
Who cares, faggot?
>>
>>29325284
Well I see "visit Texas" posters on the tube all the time so they care.
>>
>>29325010
Are you pointing this out for tourism's sake or gun rights?

If types of open carry are socially acceptable in texas that's an opportunity to be seized. Why would we keep our foot out of the door because foreigners are spooked?
>>
File: 1458183451115.png (26 KB, 179x134) Image search: [Google]
1458183451115.png
26 KB, 179x134
Texas here, we don't need your hippie ass gungrabber tourist dollars, they're just icing.

Go tour Cali, it's pretty too
>>
I fully support open carry, I'm in an open carry state, shall issue state, weed state. I wish I had to balls to open carry but support those that do.
>>
>>29325210
>29325210
you're fucking stupid, WA is open carry and has been forever yet we're the fastest growing area of rich people and probably regular people in the world.
>>
>>29319639
>I'm literally cuckolding a guy and his fiance from Austin currently, he doesnt know it yet

Cuckolding is sexual gratification from knowing or encouraging a significant other to have sexual relations with someone else, so how is it "literally" cuckold in if he doesn't know?
>>
>>29325997
>responding to a 15 year old wanna be /k/ troll
>>
>>29325997
A cuckold is just a husband whose wife is unfaithful.
>>
>>29326020
It's a slow lunch for me.
>>
File: 1457907563807.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457907563807.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
>>29311333
Do you think I should be able to walk around with my cock hanging out? It's not hurting anyone, and literally every man has one and most women have seen them.

Are you anti-man? I think anyone who shits on nude activists is undermining their own right to have a phallus.

Or maybe it's OK for society to have a basic code of conduct for the exercising of even our most unalienable rights.
>>
>>29325010

Good, we dont want muslims vacationing here anyways.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.