[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, So I just got hired at pic related. I have to buy my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: GARDA.jpg (1 MB, 2469x1378) Image search: [Google]
GARDA.jpg
1 MB, 2469x1378
Hey /k/,

So I just got hired at pic related. I have to buy my own gun because they stopped providing pistols for employees. What should I buy? I've been leaning towards a Sig P320 Compact.

What would you choose to carry for a armored car guard?
>>
>>29311139
You are being untruthful. Garda supplies weapons.
>>
A glock, that way if you get robbed you can charge at the assailant and detonate it in a giant explosion.
>>
>>29311139
Literally almost anything will do.

I'd carry my old .38 revolver because it's what I have. I would bring whatever pistol you already own that's service pistol sized.

Nobody is going to draw down on you.
>>
>>29311166
>Nobody is going to draw down on you

http://abc13.com/news/police-armored-car-robbery-turns-deadly/1252233/
>>
File: 1458178012784.jpg (15 KB, 526x359) Image search: [Google]
1458178012784.jpg
15 KB, 526x359
>>29311139
1) Any round in particular you would prefer?
2) Look at what a lot of police departments carry as issue pistols. Most departments in my area are transitioning from .45 to 9mm. My department carries them Sig P226 in .40S&W iirc.

Top few around my area that I can vouch for are the P226/P229, M&P (typically M&P9), Glock (22 if you want .40S&W or 17/19 if you're cool with 9MM).

A friend of mine just got on with one of your competitors and he's going for the Glock 19 iirc.
>>
AR pistol with kydex OWB holster
>>
I was going to get the XD it comes with 2 mags and it's under 500
I don't think there is a better option at the price
>>
>>29311201
>1) Any round in particular you would prefer?
the only choice here should be 9mm.
>>
File: ss (2016-03-19 at 01.05.21).png (451 KB, 598x619) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-19 at 01.05.21).png
451 KB, 598x619
>>29311258
>>29311269

A number of stores have deals very similar to this one. Presuming you're US. If you're in the north-lands, this offer left may be of use for you.
>>
>>29311150
I had an interview yesterday, the interviewer said they stopped providing weapons for the last year or so.
>>
OP here, this will also be my first gun purchase. I live in Maryland (lol) and I'm thinking about getting a 9mm for my first gun. I might be moving to VA soon so I would also like a CC pistol
>>
>>29311335
>Sig P320

Then yea me gusta your choice. Expensive, but nice.

Alt: Shield/9 or 9c or some sorta glook. 9c has a shit trigger compared to the Shield9 but can take full-sized M&P mags which is nice.
>>
>>29311139
>>29311335
If you're going to purchase and carry a gun, make damn sure that you commit to learning how to use it effectively and practicing regularly with it. Guns aren't magic talismans and require practice to be able to use effectively, otherwise you end up with the situations where police officers manage to shoot several random people other than the person they were shooting at.

>>29311294
>open carrying in a pistol in a holster with no active retention mechanisms
It's like you want someone to be able to steal your gun off of you with minimal effort.
>>
>>29311139
>What would you choose to carry for a armored car guard?
Probably an SBR.
>>
>>29311378
>It's like you want someone to be able to steal your gun off of you with minimal effort.
Only if they're partially weapons trained.
>>
no reason to get anything other than a full size and open carry it
>>
>>29311382
Smart.

I would do the same.
>>
>>29311389
>grab gun
>pull out of holster
No weapon training necessary and easier than grabbing a wallet out of someone's pocket. If you're going to open carry you need a holster with active retention mechanisms.
>>
File: partially weapons trained.jpg (100 KB, 850x784) Image search: [Google]
partially weapons trained.jpg
100 KB, 850x784
>>29311411
You need to catch up on the joke.
>>
>>29311411
It was a meme.
>>
>>29311411
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>29311139
320's cool, i'd go with the full size for the extra capacity though.
>>
OP former garda employee. Consider how comfortable it is to wear the gun while driving for hours and doing some heavy lifting. I found that a full sized pistol on my belt would rub into my seat and make me uncomfortable all day. also consider used police trade ins it will save you a couple hundred and it's what I recommend to new guys.
>>
>>29311209
this with sig arm brace
>>
>>29311487
How did you like that job? How long did you stay? Are the trucks hot and shitty as Ive read online?
>>
If you're opening carrying, than go with the Glock 17. That's been my carry piece for the last three yrs for armed guard work.
>>
File: war-rig-mad-max-fury-road.jpg (128 KB, 1200x841) Image search: [Google]
war-rig-mad-max-fury-road.jpg
128 KB, 1200x841
>>29311139
Just quit now.

Don't get involved with that company or any of the other companies. Your gun literally doesnt matter. If someone's gonna rob you, you wont have time to pull it. You're just gonna have a bullet in your head or some crack addict is gonna be halfway through a mall with the bag of money you're carrying.

The trucks are shit, I hope you like no A/C and almost no ventilation. the company treats you horribly, the pay sucks, the benefits are nonexistent. The employees vary from branch to branch but there are always some guys that are lifers that bitch non stop and you just want to punch them.

Do yourself a favor, call the guy back tell him you don't want to do it anymore and find a different job, you'll thank me later.
>>
>>29311588
I wasnt planning on staying long, this also gives me a good excuse to buy my first gun as well as get my HQL for free.
>>
>>29311607
Did the guy say the company was paying for any licenses for you?

If he said that, he's full of shit. Source:I'm owed 80$ from them right now because they couldn't get me uniform pants that fit. (38x40)

And you're gonna stay longer than you think you will with the horrendous hours you will work. Its impossible to make phone calls when driving because the trucks are so fucking loud on the inside. I measured 85db.
>>
>>29311139
Oh my god....why not just paint a giant "shoot me" on your back.
>>
itt: we all laugh at OP for wanting to be a jewish slave for 12 dollars an hour.

Stop your tard mall ninja fantasies.
>>
>>29311139
.357 Magnum revolver.
>>
File: 1458183451115.png (26 KB, 179x134) Image search: [Google]
1458183451115.png
26 KB, 179x134
>>29311641
Gungrabber plz go

You want someone moving money around in order to have commerce. Armed guards are part of that.
>>
>>29311545
Not the guy you're quoting, but current Loomis employee here. The job is pretty much shit. Pay is shit for how many hours you work. The trucks are hot and shitty. For every good truck, there's three or four bad ones. If you manage to get on a route with a good truck, for the love of god take care of it. I've been in almost a year, but thankfully i completed my A+ coursework, so I'll be looking for a job where I can actually be at home more than work.
>>
>>29311150
That's beside the point: he's untruthful because most states require armed guards to certify in a training course before being hired.

OP would own a gun before being an eligible hire candidate, as in order to take such a class, one needs a firearm to qualify with.
>>
>>29311747
>A+

You have more marketable skills as an armored truck driver than as an A+ certified faggot.

t. A+ certified faggot who has made more money in security than computers.
>>
>>29311758
Armored Car companies in my area are so desperate for people they'll hire as long as someone can get a gun within 3 months.

I have driven with people with no guns on so many occasions.
>>
>>29311747
>for the love of god take care of it

I'm going to second this. I don't and have never worked security, but my biggest asshurt is having to deal with the shit people don't take care of. I used to work car parts delivery with a 'fleet' of four vehicles. Mine always looked the best, and the other three were constantly shitty inside. Something broke? No one would say anything for two weeks to a month.

Now I gotta deal with the same kind of shit at my new warehouse job. Most of our electric jacks and forklifts look and handle like shit.

>tl;dr "I don't own it" attitude shouldn't apply, since YOU have to use the fucker every day
>>
>>29311777
What kind of security work do you do? Personal protection?
>>
>>29311835
nah, garbage tier unarmed corporate security at a distribution center.

I open gates, process bills of lading, and shove my thumbs up my ass for 8 hours a day.

...Still make more than all of the PC repair jobs in my area though. Probably due to being in a shit market for that kind of thing, but still.
>>
File: cat.jpg (682 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
682 KB, 2448x3264
OP here, Im coming from a job in construction making $14 an hour as a laborer. All i really do is pick up rocks and trash and shit and shovel dirt, is a GARDA truck driver that much worse than my current job? Both pay almost the same and Im going to be leaving for school in 4 months or so
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 575x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 575x240
In that case, get yourself an AK or AR "pistol" with a sling. Slap in a 20rd magazine and have it in .223/5.56 or .300 Blackout. For the AK, 7.62x39 or 5.45x39.
>>
>>29313230
I would love to get an AR pistol or a shotgun for the job, but I think its pistol only
>>
>>29313013
It will be so much more worse than you could imagine.

At least in construction you're outside with fresh air. Try smelling another dudes farts all day, because like i said before. these trucks have almost NO ventilation outside of a 3x5 slit in the front and back where you might catch a breeze on the highway with.

Also, all you're gonna be doing is delivering an ungodly amount of coin on a daily basis. Hope you like 50 pound bricks of quarters nigga, because that bank ordered 14 of them with 8 pennies, 7 nickels and 5 dimes to back it up. Oh also they don't have a loading zone and they don't have handicap buttons on their doors, all the parking spots by the door are taken so you gotta drag it through the lot.
>>
>>29314534
>unloading coinaroos in a MRAP
>so much worse than you can possibly imagine, construction laborer

idk I'm going to say construction labor is worse, then again I worked in some brety shitty conditions.
>>
>>29311335
You need an HQL dumbass to get a Handgun. This takes a while. You also need certification to join Armored Car companies.
>>
>>29311139
If you're going p320, get the carry model, similar size, just larger grip and larger capacity.
>>
>>29314534
>>29313013
>all the shitty parts of being a pizza boy or EMT with none of the tip money or cool stories
>only chance of job being interesting is you getting shot in the back of the head by a nigger
>gonna quit right after probationary period ends

m8 just go deliver pizza. You'll probably make more money and people will be less inclined to kill you. You can still buy a gun anyway.
>>
>>29315340
>MRAP

No, these are not MRAPs. These are shitty E350s with a giant metal box mounted on it and leaf spring suspension, or ford 650s rebuilt to be insanely uncomfortable.

Stick with construction. How shit could it possibly be.
>>
>>29311294
You mean that's Canada?
Where from? I'm a Canuck, and that's a great price
>>
>>29311382
>.458SOCOM Ar pistol running subsonic loads with a 12" barrel and a short suppressor
>Call it "Thumper"
>>
>>29314248
But the AR/AK "pistol" are classified as pistols... Does your state classify them as pistols?
>>
>>29311783
hmmm yeahhh sure OP, sounds legit d00d
>>
Are armed guard jobs better when you're guarding a location as opposed to guarding transports?
>>
>>29317345

Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>29311335
Op, I have both p226 and p320 and they are both excellent high quality guns. Try to rent or test fire them at a range to see if you have a preference, but I bet the most difficult decision for you will be which one. P320 is going to be better for cc though.
>>
File: 1454114943372.jpg (67 KB, 800x604) Image search: [Google]
1454114943372.jpg
67 KB, 800x604
>>29311139
whatever you get, my advice would be light, simple, and durable. Ive done armed security work (not in trucks like this but same idea). At the time I had a smith and Wesson 5906 and just thought id keep up with that. Big mistake. Its got some serious ugly holster wear and a few nicks just from bumping into shit on the job. The weight was a big issue too. I didn't have much on my belt aside from the walkie and gun and feeling like I was leaning to the right all day got very old.
I ended up just getting a glock 19. Keep it simple and get that Sig 320, an M&P, a glock, ect
>>
>>29317477

Might as well also try Sig Pro SP2022
>>
>>29315880
I know its not actually an MRAP I was a comfag engineer, currently working on becoming white collar because my knees and back are done for. theres no way manual labor beats sitting in an uncomfy vehicle because at the end of the day thats what your doing, sitting and having awkward convo with your shitty co worker
>>
>>29319624
No, mate you don't understand. If you have a bad back and bad knees this job is going to make them worse. It's no different than construction.

They put the back seat over the rear wheel and 9/10 there isn't a second front seat. So you're stuck in the back feeling EVERY little divot and rock the driver hits. Potholes jostle you like crazy and most drivers don't bother to avoid them. Then when you need to unload coin and bring coin bags back you will have to climb through the vehicle because there is no rear door button, or the key doesn't work in the lock. Then offload 20+ boxes of coin or take in 50+ bags of coin.

Its not different that construction, you will feel it at the end of the day. If you don't heed my advice do well to stay in the drivers seat. That's your only option. And do your best to eat healthy because you will be tempted to eat god awful fast food and you will become fat and unhealthy. Also, you wont get overtime, you only get overtime after 50 hours at Garda, its not illegal they're classified as a trucking company, so they don't need to do overtime.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.