[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would you guys say is the best or tied for the best AR in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: HZ8wq.jpg (767 KB, 2200x3150) Image search: [Google]
HZ8wq.jpg
767 KB, 2200x3150
what would you guys say is the best or tied for the best AR in the world? I would say it's tied between the M16 line and the AK line. The M16 for its weight, accuracy, and range as well as its superb modding capability and the AK line for its durability, ease of production, and reliability.
>>
File: 1458405141517.jpg (774 KB, 2200x3150) Image search: [Google]
1458405141517.jpg
774 KB, 2200x3150
Fixed that image for you.
>>
>>29311144
A select fire rifle with a detachable magazine in an intermediate cartridge is an assault rifle. It' s a real term, dingus.
>>
>>29311144
You're confusing civillian sporting rifles with actual military assualt rifles. Difference is one has a giggle switch, the other doesn't, and if you're in a cuck country or cuck state, them it's further bastardize wih liberal placebo
>>
The AK isn't even that good. Theres nothing wrong with the design, its just that the Russian effort is inferior to the Israeli and Finnish attempts. People gravitate to the AK because its prominent, but its frankly not the best example of the action.
>>
>>29311144
You are one of those idiots that claims that assault rifles don't exist, aren't you?

You are also one of those idiots that confuses assault rifles with assault weapons, don't you?
>>
>>29311400
I see. I'll admit I'm not a mega-expert on guns. Most of my knowledge just comes from books I've read, so I may not be as knowledgable when it comes to how a gun actually fares in action.
>>
>>29310998
Ak-74 has better accuracy than M16. Using automatic fire.
>>
>>29311496
>>29311400

No, this guy is literally meme'ing.
The AK is a world-class small arm.
>>
>>29311563
Hardly, the AK is only "world class" because the Russians and Chinese gave them in vast quantities to anyone that would take them. The Galil/Glilon, R4, Valmet and SIG 550 are all far better examples of an AK action.
>>
>>29311518
What kind of fucking post is this?

You obtuse or something?
>>
>>29311582
with tight tolerances and light bolts that don't allow for such reliability
>>
>>29311622
Baseless assertion, considering the Galil and Valmet both outperformed the AK in extreme cold tests and the Israelis never had issues with it in the fine powdery sand of the Sinai.
>>
>>29311616
You should not be mad over inability of Americans to produce assault rifle. It happens.
>>
>>29311666
Do they even sell galils on the civilian market? In a semi auto form anyways?

If they do are they just as reliable? Or is it a clone from some shit tier factory with bad quality control?

They look nice and if what you say is true then it's worth looking into.
>>
>>29313637
Legit Galils are around, and run about $4K. "Golanis" are Galil parts kits imported by Century arms and assembled stateside, they run about $900-1200 due to their garbage QC (there are good ones, but they are outnumbered by bad ones, its pure luck of the draw). Some people get parts kits and have a go at making them themselves, but its not easy like assembling an AR or AK. Gunbroker is full of fucked up attempts at homebuilds, it takes a bit of mechanical skill that an AR doesnt.
>>
>>29313739
Oh okay, thanks. A friend of mine was selling his M92 and I'd see if there was anything better on the market for the money he's asking ($800usd) in 7.62

Also, what's the deal with the IWI Ace rifles?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.