[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the threat credible? pastebinning as to deny the enemy cl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: let go.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
let go.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
Is the threat credible?
pastebinning as to deny the enemy clicks

http://pastebin.com/Fj5nBug8

Indianapolis, IN –The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled yesterday that Indianapolis Police Officer and gun violence victim Dwayne Runnels’ should get his day in court to seek justice from KS&E Sports, an area firearms dealer. The Court agreed with arguments made in December 2015 by Jonathan Lowy, the Director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s Legal Action Project. Runnels sued KS&E, asserting that it knowingly or irresponsibly transferred a handgun through a straw purchase to convicted felon Demetrius Martin, who used it two months later to shoot Officer Runnels.

>inb4 >>>/pol/
firearm legislation is directly related to firearms.
>>
>>29308814

http://www.theindianalawyer.com/shot-officers-suit-against-gun-dealer-splits-coa/PARAMS/article/39775

> Runnels alleges the gun dealer made a negligent, reckless and unlawful sale of a .40 caliber handgun to Tarus Blackburn. He and convicted felon Demetrious Martin were at KS&E Sports together when Martin told store personnel which gun he wanted. The two left, and Blackburn returned a short time later to purchase the same gun, which he sold to Martin for a $50 markup in the gun store parking lot.

Knowingly facilitating a straw purchase is still illegal. There's no legal immunity for them fucking up like that.
>>
>>29308814
>>29310680
haven't read it in its entirety but how was the store supposed to know Martin was a convicted felon?

>hurr you can't buy a gun one of your friends pointed out earlier
could've been a present or something, which is entirely legal(granted that they arent a felon)
>>
what's a straw sale?
>>
>>29310693
And the FFL has every right to raise that defense in court, but it doesn't change the fact that it's pretty obviously straw purchasing.
>>
>>29310727
there is no legal precedent that requires them to play 20 fucking questions with jamal and his buddy

lying on a 4473 is a felony, the gun shop isn't liable for people providing false information
>>
>>29310727
Telling someone what gun you want as a gift doesn't make it a straw purchase. There was no reason to believe he was a felon, and I hope the defense lawyer accuses them of racism if they say he should've assumed he was a criminal.
>>
>>29310713

Getting someone with a clean record to purchase a firearm for someone else who can't legally own it.
>>
While we're on the subject of lawful guns being acquired by unlawful individuals... What's going on with the whole Fast and Furious/Gunwalker fiasco?

Eric Holder should be in prison.
>>
>>29310789
>lying on a 4473 is a felony

Basically unprosecutable because it violates the privilege from self incrimination
>>
>>29310818
>Telling someone what gun you want as a gift doesn't make it a straw purchase.

Reselling the gun in the parking lot of the FFL doesn't set off any warning bells?
>>
>>29310885
>Government pays you $.01 when you fill out a 4473
>Claims interstate commerce

Problem solved!
>>
>>29310892
>Felons make a living by gaming the system and filling out thousands of 4473s every week and answering the questions honestly.
>>
>>29310891
They already sold it, what are they gonna do, go take it back?
>>
>>29310891
Straw purchases only apply to the person buying the firearm for the felon. The FFL dealer only has the capacity to know if the person purchasing the firearm is a felon or not based upon the NICS check from the 4473. What happens to the firearm beyond that transaction is on the purchaser, not the dealer.
>>
>>29310885
but not really because you willingly provided the information. the fifth prevents you from being forced to incriminate yourself.
>>
>>29311100
"Willingly"

Also known as "Obligated to in order to purchase the firearm". I guess sacrificing one right for another makes sense in the minds of some.
>>
>>29311100
Full house of truth

>>29311163
Obligated to purchase from a licensed dealer. Go buy one in a private sale if you want to dodge the 4473.

But seriously, this was an obvious straw purchase.
>two guys go into a gun store
>one guy points out a gun
>both leave
>other guy returns
>buys gun pointed out by other guy earlier

And you can be a cuck and cry racism all you fucking want, but its up to the dealer to pay attention to shit like this, and I sure as fuck support profiling. Highly doubt a pavement ape named demetrious doesn't look like your typical "urban youth" nigger.
>>
>>29311264
>but its up to the dealer to pay attention to shit like this
and how the fuck is he supposed to positively check?
>i'm sorry tyrone i cant sell you this glock 40, i have reason to suspect you may immediately sell it to some nigger in the parking lot

also this is a sports shop, it may not have even been the same person working the counter
>>
>>29310858
He received an presidential pardon from Obama.

That's why Hillary hasn't been indicted yet; Obama would just do the same with her.
>>
>>29312228

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIFxEEX2s0
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.