[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/ I've heard all this talk about how the VP9 "will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: VP9-2.jpg (260 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
VP9-2.jpg
260 KB, 1200x800
So /k/ I've heard all this talk about how the VP9 "will stop functioning if even a drop of water enters the striker channel". Today, while cleaning mine, I decided "fuck it" and filled up the internals with CLP to see what would happen.

Seemed to work fine. Didn't shoot it, but it cycled snap caps fine, the indicator went down when I pulled the trigger, and overall no issues with it that I saw.

So what gives? Do the reviewers mess with the internals or something to force it to stop working with liquids? Or are they just being dumb with it and jamming half a pound of dirt inside?
>>
>>29304518
>durr I didn't shoot it
>>
>>29304518
MAC made a video about it.

After that he stopped shilling it.
>>
>>29304542
Yeah, that's the one and only one I've heard of where it just stops working

>>29304532
And? All the complaints I've heard are that it will stop working *completely*. Firing pin moving forward still technically counts as "working". So does it cocking.

I'll see if I can find a casing with a light strike and see if it makes a deeper one or something.
>>
>>29304518
>cycled snap caps

How do?
>>
>>29304829
manually most likely
>>
>>29304829
>>29304858
Yep, manually.
>>
>>29304518
MAC shilling for the ZQI/Canik kebabs.

Theres been testing on the H&K pistol forums with the VP9 and similar pistols. Don't treat your weapon like shit and it will work.

I've over lubed with moly grease and the only difference was a slight smell of the grease when firing.
>>
>>29307592
If there is actually video proof of a VP9 failing because of fluid in the firing pin channel then someone please link it so I can watch

I've been wanting a VP9 but that would change my opinion immediately. I know MAC is a shill but it's hard to argue with a video of something happening, unless you assume it was all fabricated.
>>
>>29307636
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/233944-vp-9-reliability.html
>>
MAC threw the gun against a steel plate. I can't think of what that would be simulating in any form of firearm use. He kept referring to the broken mag release as if it shouldn't have failed when struck against steel with force. Even after it snapped, the mag release still worked...

I love my VP9. Here's some youtube nonsense to quell any fears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JHYiaQlE4

And here's a video of someone calling MAC out on being a dipshit with the VP9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAmsusvHOI
>>
>>29304542

>MAC
>Any kind of credibility at all
>>
Looks like the anti-MAC force is out in full numbers today. Heh, typical.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (51 KB, 1375x170) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
51 KB, 1375x170
>>29304518

Much to the upset of /k/, I had one of the first VP9s released to the public. My S/N is well below 2000. It's become my only working handgun and has seen some heavy use. I've also made it my mission to track, with a degree of autism not normally seen in public, everything I can about round counts, maintenance, failures and so on. MY sample size of one so far has shown the VP9 to be an outstandingly reliable handgun, just like the overwhelming majority of modern polymer 9mm handguns out there.

>>29307939

His credibility is incredibly suspect for a number of reasons including but not limited to; him clearly being in IWIs payroll, obviously biased experimental conditions, clear distaste for certain guns, and outright questionable judgment like the ACR being a better rifle than the SCAR.

MAC is far from an authoritative source of information. He's completely anecdotal like just about everyone else having to do with shoot guns. He just has the stupidity in him to film his completely questionable methods and set ups.
>>
>>29307988
Mine is in the 4000's for serial numbers and I have had no issues with it.
>>
>>29304518
I bought my VP9 in July about a month after they were first released. Broke 8,000rds. right before winter last year. Can't say that I've thrown it against trees or run it over or stomped it in mud and water, but I've only cleaned it about every 700-1,000rds. and the only problems I've seen:

Slide not locking back due to thumb riding the release when unfamiliar H&K shooters try it.
Failure to eject a couple rounds of some really soft/weak 115gr. aguila 2 summers ago.
Tail end of the firing pin/cocking indicator snapped off, though was still 100% functional, H&K promptly replaced it for free.

Other than that the gun has been ridiculously reliable, consistent, and problem free. Something I couldn't say about the Glock or M&P I owned previously.
I have much greater faith in H&K and the VP9 from firsthand experience than I place in either Glock or S&W currently, but that is just from my experience.
>>
After 1500 rounds, the only failure I had with the VP9 was intentional. i wanted to see if I could limpwrist it into stovepiping. I did it once around 300 rounds into ownership, and haven't tried again since. Although, it is easier to limpwrist my G19 into failure.
>>
So I'm getting the feeling that the VP9 is reliable and MAC is full of shit.
>>
>>29308145

Refer to videos in

>>29307764
>>
>>29308145
If you go out of your way to try and make something fail, you shouldn't be surprised when it fails. There's videos like this on YouTube for nearly every firearm and the results are usually the same, mechanical devices fail when you purposely cram dirt, water, etc. into their operating mechanisms and abuse them.
Amazing.

Really they're just a poor man's torture tests for people who want channel views and don't have the money or intelligence to run a statistically meaningful or controlled test involving multiple guns, recorded firing and cleaning schedules, dirt/contaminant exposure, etc.
>>
>>29308145

Pretty much EVERY single striker-fired Glock-type 'clone' is reliable. It's all bullshit unless there's an obvious design flaw.

If it's machined well, has reasonable slide mass, rides on the rails well, and has a reasonable recoil spring and feeds well, will work. There's no reason the VP9 will be unreliable, but conversely, it won't be any more reliable than a reputable similar design.
>>
>>29307636
I'm satisfied with mine. No small parts to lose, no problems shooting it, feels great, accurate...

>>29307988
Noted, good to know. Your pic - do you keep track of all you shoot through it, or?

>>29308053
Interesting, how does the cocking indicator manage to break? Sounds like a defect to me.
>>
File: vp9.jpg (123 KB, 1000x1148) Image search: [Google]
vp9.jpg
123 KB, 1000x1148
Question for any other VP9 owners: Are my sights/slide canted, or am I just seeing things? It LOOKS like they tilt a little to the left, but the asymmetrical cutout where slide meets grip could be throwing me off. Anyone else have this? Or the same feeling?
>>
>>29307636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
>>
>>29309259

Sights look fine to me.
>>
>>29309259
It looks like the entire slide is canted to the left. But now I can't tell if it actually is or just the power of suggestion
>>
>>29304518
I wouldn't believe shit a YouTube or a paidshill says. I had a VP9 and shot it our in the rain on multiple occasions with absolutely zero issues as well as setting the gun down in a puddle in between mags. As they say, haters gonna hate.
>>
>>29309259
The sights are straight, but the gaymo cocking wing on the right side is higher up than the other one making it look lopsided.
>>
>>29307988
At least I haven't shot my tv
>>
>>29309259
compare the slide to the frame. the right side is higher.
>>
>>29313361
The hand also looks tilted to the left, maybe he's holding it an an angle or something I dunno
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.