[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mini 14 thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: mini-second.jpg (63 KB, 1000x381) Image search: [Google]
mini-second.jpg
63 KB, 1000x381
Whats /k/ thoughts on the Mini 14?
>>
>>29302192
It's pretty good.
>>
I've heard of these before never actually gotten my hands on one, how much do these cost?
>>
>>29302221
Used examples are generally cheaper.
>>
>>29302262
and how much would that be?
>>
>>29302192
I don't own one, but I've enjoyed shooting my grandfather's a handful of times. It's not high on my list of future purchases, but I wouldn't pass if I found a good deal on one.
>>
I like them

They are expensive though.
>>
>>29302192
They feel and look solid, but pricey.
>>
>>29302192
Never fired a Mini-14, but I got my hands on the local AC556 a few years ago. It was keyholing so bad the rounds were perpendicular at 50 yards. No thanks.
Why not just get a boring old AR for 2/3 the cost, and magazines for 1/5 the cost, and shoot the same round?
>>
In a situation where AR-15s and other "assault weapons" are banned, they're the next best thing. Otherwise, I don't think I'd ever have one unless it was given to me for free. Mini 14s are expensive for what they are, and you don't have the same options for customisation like the AR-15.
>>
>>29302435
Get out
>>
Expensive for what they are but great for cucked States. Their actions are more prone to getting dirt and shit stuck in it than an AR or AKM, but if you actually clean your firearms that shouldn't be a real problem. The older models had thin barrels, and as the barrel got hotter it got more "inaccurate". Also magazines are somewhat more pricey and there are fewer option than and AR or AKM.

Try to find them for $600 or less, otherwise building an AR or getting a DDI AK is cheaper. They're fine rifles.
>>
>>29302192
they're pretty, heavy, shoot nice but have shit sights.

only people i know who own them are collectors who want one just to have one and people who hate ars yet talk more about how they hate ars rather then how much better the mini is.
>>
>>29302505
>not much cheaper than base model ARs, probably pricier than budget builds
>Expensive proprietary magazines

Other than that, they're pretty cool.
>>
I'd get the Mini 30 instead

cheap ammo
>>
It's a great gun and all around fun to shoot. It's an absolute joy. It's light, handles well, feels good.

If you're obsessed over whether or not it can survive trench warfare, the answer is it cannot.
>>
>>29302505
Heavy? They weigh like 7-8 pounds, anon
>>
File: 20140827_152823_HDR-1.jpg (3 MB, 2986x1100) Image search: [Google]
20140827_152823_HDR-1.jpg
3 MB, 2986x1100
>>29302192
Has all the same problems the M14 has. So like someone else said getting dirt in the action will completely stop you. Not sure if it shares the barrel band issues... probly not as I believe the minis in mounted in a "clamp" style with screws.

don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on either rifle I mentioned.

>Based m1a ftw

Let the hate begin
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.